Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *topchef*
Msg: 126
Do women cook anymore??Page 6 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

A majority of men do what??? They work a 40 hour a week job, come home , sit their arses on the couch...(look'n like Homer Simpson) expect dinner and a beer brought to them...all while scratching their arses....!! Then the weekend hits...and the woman doesn't get a day off, but the guy usually is off on his way to go fishing, camping, hiking, golfing...what else is it you all list as interests

I think I might be the "man" in my relationship to myself, except I work about a 50+ hours per week, come home, get my own home made dinner, watch anything but Homer Simpson, drink wine, not beer, and wouldnt dream of scratching my arse (or at least admitting to it).....but on the weekend....I am all about my interests which include golfing, hiking, cottaging, tennis, and lounging by the pool. And housework, the car, plumbing, the electrical or painting.....my motto....why do yourself if you can pay someone else to do it for you. Just doin' my part to stimulate the economy.
 big pacific
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 5:49:47 PM
I must say Sailing, I admire all of your posts. I look forward to reading them every day.

Screw doing things because they are roles or because they aren't. Do things you love to do, for reasons that are yours and yours alone.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 128
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 6:03:56 PM
Where the hell have you been? not in the olden days where the women stay at home doing the cooking, cleaning, laundrys and kids, while the man works " brings home the bacon" anymore.

Nowadays, there's a mixture of men and women who like to cook, while same amount doesn't.

I can't really cook at all, but i can make myself my own food, simple or hard... and i do my best to make something for my partner.
 arwen52
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:00:22 PM
I heard an interview on NPR with a guy who wrote a column in the New York Times. Apparently, more people watch the Food Channel (or whatever they call it) than the news channels. People watch TV shows about cooking but don't cook. It's become a spectator sport.

I like cooking when I've got the time and someone to cook for. It's hard to cook & eat alone, though.
 ValkyrieHJR
Msg: 130
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:26:14 PM
I am sure someone else has already said everything I am going to say here, but I need to get my opinion on her just as well.

I can cook. I love to cook. But I am a single mother with 4 kids, the oldest 7 1/2. I have to be able to fix dryers, vacuums, Hook up stereos, VCR's, DVD players, game systems. I have to be able to mow my own lawn, change lightbulbs, put together furniture and anything else that needs to be done. I can also change a tire, change my oil, and change my spark plugs and spark plug wires. I was married for 10 years to a man that would rather play video games than fix anything that needed it. So I learned to do it.

But I love to cook a good meal. I like to have a clean house. And I like to spend time with my kids, helping them with homework and playing around with them.

I CAN do all of that stuff. This doesn't mean that i should be the one doing all of this stuff. If I am the one cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids, then yes, I expect you to do your share and get out there and mow the lawn or fix the roof or even change the lightbulbs. But if I am fixing the car and mowing the lawn, etc. Then YOU need to get in the kitchen and fix me a sandwich!!!
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 131
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 11:16:08 PM
sashimiboy on 8/6/2009 1006 AM

Subject: Do women cook anymore??

Message: Not to say that's all that women are good for or that women belong in the kitchen, but it bothers me when I see women almost proudly proclaiming that they can't cook like its a good thing. I don't think men and women are completely equal. We each do certain things better than the other. So make me a ham sammich and ill assemble that table we bought at ikea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today men like women who are totally incapable of cooking. This way we can run to the microwave, cook up a 2,000 mgs of sodium, 500% fat meal and be a hero. I say let's all give our money to corporations! Let's show them who's boss by eating ourselves into obesity!

All in favor, say Olestra!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 132
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 7:57:53 AM

Mr wonderful today, will become Mr. shithead tomorrow.

Hey, are you ripping off my material now?

Tryin' to make it sound original and all....

... nice try, though....

chameleonf
Msg: 133
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 8:10:44 AM
OK...let's heat all this gender bashing up by asking who pays for the groceries to make said meals.
 beachdancer
Msg: 134
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 1:21:56 PM

I know what you mean op, these days women need direction to boil water. Then half the time burn it. They get confuse on how to make instant water, hello, you just add water.

So I learned a new trick. Try it, you will be amazed at how good food can taste. Make your own damn sandwich's!

And save me the whole "we should share those responsibilities" bullshet. Because they are never out there when it's time to crawl under the car to change the oil! Of climbing on the roof when there is a leak.

Rockman, Rockman, Rockman, you know I am a fan. But really, don't lump all us women into that catagory. I can cook, don't like to change the oil, do change tires, and would rather climb on the roof than do the dishes. I have crawled under the car to patch my tailpipe (a can and clamps.)
I do notice that men seem amazed that I cook. Some even propose! It cracks me up, all I did was make eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast! Nothing difficult.
One of my favorite stories: I was cooking beef stroganoff for a fellow over at his house (nice view of the bay!) and he was on the phone with his brother, trying to turn on the stereo (a component system-old school.) When I got to a stopping place in my cooking process, I stepped over to the stereo, looked it over for about 5 seconds, pushed one button and presto. He just said, "never mind" into the phone and hung up. We laughed about it several times over the years. (To be fair: I used to sell stereos and mix sound.) Not all of us women are helpless.
 jadegreen
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 1:29:45 PM
I like homecooked meals because they are healthier, but if a man wants a homecooked meal from me these days he might wanna offer to fix something around my place so we have an "even" trade off...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 6:44:28 PM
I dragged my poor sweetie out to look at patio furniture today. On the way home we stopped for dinner (my treat for the shopping infliction) and relaxed mercifully without kids. Ahhhh!

Now on the way home he reminded me how GS treats her sweaty, working man and since he was going to be assembling tables and all...

I really was well intentioned of bringing him a beer... but he scooped one out of the fridge before I could do it! Before he even had so much as a drop f sweat on his brow. sheesh! Now how the heck is one supposed to treat a man right under these circumstances???!!!
 roseyn
Msg: 137
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 6:59:30 PM
Of course. To me its fun, theraputic. Mixing art and science. I cook just about every day and twice a day if I have time
 luvluvluvluv
Msg: 138
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 7:17:02 PM
from colorsoutsidethelines:

It said( 2 meals a day x 20 years)- I was with him 25 years, and made 3 most days. Well, maybe I did not cook cold cereal, but I made the toast, buttered it, poured juice, washed the dishes, etc.

I realized not too long ago the kind of work that goes into preparing meals, doing laundry, and cleaning. (I won't pretend to understand what it takes to raise kids.)
And many mothers do it mostly on their own.
I know my mom did it on her own with me and my three brothers.... and she was a teacher as well (we had babysitters as young kids).

It's hard not to respect this sort of work, and I don't see how a guy can laze around and not help out in any way or be able to do things for himself at home, no matter what his job is. Very silly.
But I think, and hope, fewer women put up with it nowadays.

Of course, women can be asses too, in many many many different ways.
(I had to get that in there or else it might seem like I'm a woman myself.)
 Taztiger72
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/14/2009 9:24:45 PM
Because they were forced to do the following:

1. Bare Children
2. Cook Dinner
3. Date their own ethnicity and race
4. Date only men
5. Anything the man of the house wanted

To each is own - but women in Americas, Australia, Asia, and Europe are seeking deeper meaning to life and they are finding out that they don't just want the top 5 options anymore - it's their right to do so.

riotdorque
Msg: 140
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 5:09:33 AM
I have not looked at the comments previous because I'm lazy :)

I cook! I cook from scratch it's a hobby. When I met my now ex-husband over 5 years ago I had never used an oven now I make tons of wicked cool awesome meals actually rather proud of it :) Seeing as how I use to burn water heh...
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 141
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 4:17:48 PM

Actually, i was thinking of you when i wrote that. If you would just take me out for a dang nice din din i wouldnt of got all pissy with savona, im thinking she is the other woman. has she wrote you any nice testimonials.

Well, I'm going to have to charge you royalties for using my material, but if you cook me dinner, it's all good.

Use of your curtains to wipe my face, at least, will also be part of the contract.

And, yes, Savona is hot for me too, obviously. In fact she has just offered beer, steak and, though it was only implied, a bj....

thebestlady
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 4:48:33 PM
Woman do not need to cook today because 99 % of the men who write to me say they can cook,I can cook but men say to me they can do it better.Otherwise they want to share the cooking.. Maybe I should give it up and leave it to the men. I hope they know about keeping the rare meat knife away from the vegetables. Hygiene is the most important and many men are rushed for time.So I hope that are following the hygiene part. That goes for woman and men who do it to impress their partner.
 JourneyInLife
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 7:53:59 PM
Savona,

Your view point is well appreciated. Good on you.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 144
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:19:17 PM

knew i was in the right church and the right pew where she was concerned. I cant offer beer steak and a bj, but i do have my own pirate ship stocked with Crown Royal, and a stripper pole.

Well, THAT is one offer that is tough to say 'no' to...

... clearly, I'm going to have to get out the large plastic sheet and the olive oil so you guys can fight to see who gets dibs....

... but not to worry, I'll be there willing and able to jump in between you two before any permanent damage is done. I've seen women fight before and it's not nice.

Close wrestling only, I'm thinking...

I'll be sitting on the sidelines with the whipped cream, strawberries and chilled Reisling.....

tonyfamilyguy
Msg: 145
view profile
History
It still happens!
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:21:04 PM
I was in a relationship last year with a wonderful woman who was an outstanding cook. She didn't brag about it, but she cooked up some dishes that tasted good even though they had artichokes and spinach in some of them. (I hate most vegetables so that's saying a lot!) I helped her in traditional ways building, fixing, moving, and carrying things, so it worked out just like the olden days of the 50s. Unfortunately, unforeseen problems ended that relationship. However, it proved that there are still some people that take pride at being good in traditional roles of the past.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:22:38 PM

^^^ Implied .... now where the heck did that freshly whipped cream go ....

Now, that proves French women cook!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 147
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:23:25 PM

OT- this woman has to make breakfast/brunch for 40 senior citizens at 5 a.m.....no time for shenannigans this eve!

Ah, just put out the milk and a couple of family sized boxes of All Bran. They'll be playin' some serious Bumper Walkers just to gain an advantage in line....

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 148
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:50:53 PM

Losing my dinner just thinking of the dribble stains on the carpeting after such folly!!!!!

No problem.

You can use the plastic sheet after Savona, Dreamy and I are done with it. Just spread it out. I only use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil too, so that's a bonus.

Bran Bowling!

I'm thinkin' it would more likely be Team Bran Darts. One aims, the other shoots...

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 149
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:57:53 PM

OT - Between Dane Cook, Captain Cook, Cookie Monster, Cookie the Cook, David Cook, Kent Cook, Kent Cook Jr, Kent Cook III and Agnes from The Brady Bunch, who do you think was the best cook?

Not sure about that lot, but I'm thinking it's NOT Hannibal Cook.....

And, Dude! You sprouted a head! Is that new, or did it just happen?

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 150
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/15/2009 9:19:45 PM

I'll take "western women" for a thousand DBB.

Shit, it's gonna cost you more than that just to buy the 'western woman' the new range, fridge, microwave and matching accessories that she'll never use.....

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??