Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 151
Do women cook anymore??Page 7 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
"To the American consumer,

Hi we here at American Microwave packaged foods believe everyone should have a choice. After ya'all kick out your ex-spouse, come on over and check out our job openings. Also our food which is fresh "home made" by Chinese prisoners. Who make a generous $3 a day. Hooey! Great food ya'all.

So remember, divorce that pig you are with now, and come on over to American Microwaved Packaging. Your Doctor will thank us with your newly clogged arteries.
Your Cardiologist will love our sodium and fat content.

And if you make it past fifty eating our newly designed "food" we have a seperate division called Gold Caskets. On Tuesdays you get a free wooden casket of your choice!* Remember screw everyone, be greedy, don't cook and kick out your ex.

Then YOU will be ready for American Microwaved food packaging. Have a merry fuggin life.

Mr. Rich Fancy CEO

PS: those rumors that we donate $5 billion dollars a year to the Divorce Industry is not true. It's only $4.5 billion a year.

*see the small print, other offers might not apply. Limit to the first three give out any night. You must also buy a plot of land or put down a deposit on crematorium.
 KinChandlerAz
Msg: 152
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/16/2009 1:44:16 AM
I think one of a woman's very best secret weapons is to demonstrate appreciation and affection for her man by cooking (and baking) his favorites. I'm teaching my daughter how to hone her secret weapon because I think it's important. Every man in my past has loved my cooking, and they've all said they feel loved when I do it for them.

Does believing all that, and even teaching my child this, make me a disgrace to the sisterhood of modern women? Hell no. Women and men demonstrate love in different ways. Cooking is just one of those ways, and it just so happens to be one that's traditionally been a woman's territory. It's awful to think some women refuse to cook/bake for a man just because it's "beneath them as a successful modern woman." Ridiculous. And sad.
 tbuddha
Msg: 153
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:03:21 PM
Well, I just went on one date with a girl going to school for culinary arts and she WANTS to cook for me.

I'm almost ready to change my profile status after just one date. A lesson for all you non-cooking feminists on here???
 Fifi47
Msg: 154
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:09:49 PM
I know at least a few women who are so called feminists who are gourmet cooks. Some of them are married.
 jlc1210
Msg: 155
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:43:19 PM
I cook. And even though I was raised by a stay-at-home-Mom, I still had to teach myself. I have two girls and my oldest can cook just as good if not better than me. The youngest (only 22) didn't learn while she was at home and decided last year that she might ought to learn how. Needless to say we spend quite a few nights on the phone (long distance) talking our way through a new recipe. But I have discovered that since the youngest started learning how, most of her friends can't cook and leave it "up to her".
 ItsMargo
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:45:12 PM

OT- I'm nominating Margo to cook!

Wait a minute, not that I'm complaining, well, sorta, maybe just a little. I should remind you I'm on record in this thread as sayin' I'm merely OK as a cook. My strengths have lain elsewhere as it were. That it's really only since my sweetie came along and made it fun that I've got cooking as creative self expression. You've got me and the two Divas of the kitchen and I get nominated??? Me-thinks someone hasn't really thought this one through. Just sayin'

And while I'm in the kitchen... hmm

Oh Margo I have the fresh whipping cream, can I be invited too ???

But of course, how could we think anything otherwise ~ french women can cook! Mousse balls avec creme de whip

to get my cool whip damn that Capitano for using all the real stuff ...

sacrilege!
 WanderingRain
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:57:16 PM
Cook? Cook?!!!
How about just getting a date for a start?
Who cares if she knows how to cook? I can cook.
At this point, I'll just be happy having good times again.
My skills are wasted on a roommate. I want to cook for a girl, dammit!
 big pacific
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:14:15 AM
LOL Looking at your profile i can't imagine why bro. Star wars celebration? Honestly?

I'm a huge nerd, but to say you EXPECT a woman who knows how to cook is just plain silly, i'm all for being upset that a woman is PROUD of not being able to cook, but expecting it is silly.

Would it be fair of them to expect their "traditional" man to have given up star wars collectibles at the age of 29, and perhaps focus your energy more on your career, so you can get out of the grocery clerk job?

(btw, huge dork here just saying expectations go both ways my friend, sorry if i seemed harsh)
 big pacific
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:41:31 AM
Yeah but we're better at healthcare. How messed up is THAT.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 160
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:03:16 AM

to get my cool whip damn that Capitano for using all the real stuff ...

sacrilege!

Savona claims to be French from Quebec. My ex was too. You should have SEEN the family cookbook...

... every second recipe called for Dream Whip. Poutine and Dream Whip, tortiere and Dream Whip, roti de porc avec Le Dream Whip.....

... the second most common ingredient was lard. Everything was cooked with lard....

Besides that, if you're going to swear in quebecois, it's not 'sacrilege' it's Sacre Bleu, maudit tabernac'!....

chameleonf
Msg: 161
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:54:31 AM
I've never cooked for an army but I might as well say I do. I even have a 21 litre pressure cooker because I like to cook huge batches of soup. Half of the fun with any of the guys I have been with (since me ex of course) has been centred around a huge interest in cooking...they've cooked for me, I've cooked for them, and we constantly exchange recipe ideas. They started out with the basics and we had great times (still do) coming up with our own concoctions. I don't think it has to do with any generational issue either. You're either interested in the process of cooking or you're not - male or female. I'd like to think there are bigger issues in life to worry about...like which way the toilet paper is hung on the roller.
 chameleonf
Msg: 162
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:26:00 PM
^^^^^ Yup, inviting a guy into the kitchen is like the web, spider and the fly. It's a good thing a lot of dishes can be set to simmer while we don't.

vvvvv Seems fa que has headed off to the "What emanate from you" thread!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 163
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:45:37 PM
The last woman I dated would come over to my place and cook for me a few time a month. It was always her idea, and I appreciated the effort. The food wasn't that good. It was edible, but nothing special. I never let on to her though

She invited me to a family get-together at her brother's house, and the food was soooooo good. Several of the dishes she had made "just for me" at my house were represented. They were wonderful. I was surprised to find that she had made them. I'm a firm believer in love being the best ingredient in cooking, and I could taste it. It also made me wonder why I couldn't taste it at my place.

Cooking isn't about serving your man. It's about loving him. And we can taste the difference.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:01:43 PM

come on men ,,, tell us the last time you planted one on the kitchen table, against the fridge or in the pantry, curious minds want to know. When was the last time you were really cooking in the kitchen ???

hmm, my sweetie might want to practice some decorum here. Does he have decorum I wonder? He's probably got some of it stashed in the cupboard next to the self-rising flour.
 afashionlady
Msg: 165
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:07:58 PM
How funny...

I can actually turn a guy on by describing a meal that I'm cooking/have cooked. I described a meal that I was trying out and the guy said that was better than phone sex...lol.

I LOVE to cook--I don't do it as much as I'd like to but I do try to. Tonight is baked pork loin chops, with Yukon gold potatoes that are pan fried with onions, salt and pepper, and a roll or 2.

I have met someone recently who seemed to be stuck in the 50's...the moment he said "I'd love for you to meet me at the door with a martini in your hand", I said "and I'd LOVE to be married and not having to work in order to do so--wouldn't that be lovely too?" He didn't bring that up again.
 zangie
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:12:42 PM
I love cooking when it for someone(s)..a special guy, or family and friends on the holidays...and I have a kitchen gadget fetish...lol..have more tupperware and pampered chef stuff than fits, and holiday dishes and serving stuff...actually sold tupperware at one time just to buy more of it?...rofl...

It is my only real domestic talent..lol..the rest I do because I have to...I'm a decent cook, but , not a gourmet or anything...

But, for just me, or me and my roommate? Boring, and just too much hassle...I'd rather eat simple or order out or go out...

I would never refuse to cook based on any principle, might because I am tired or lack some energy...

And there is something about when a man comes up behind you while you are cooking...at the stove or something...and starts kissing your neck, etc...mmmmmmmm..there's a fantasy in there somewhere.....giggle...

I'm with fa que...gotta go....
 Taztiger72
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/26/2009 8:54:51 PM
Just remember were talking about cooking food - not any other COOKIN' Here.

viens
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:45:42 PM

afashionlady
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:07:58 PM
How funny...

I can actually turn a guy on by describing a meal that I'm cooking/have cooked. I described a meal that I was trying out and the guy said that was better than phone sex...lol.

So true...so true...sigh.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:11:59 PM

how bout i assemble the ikea table and you make me a ham sandwich and dont forget to bring me a beer......please, thanks

You already know the answer to that one. Good luck with that!
 heartseekertrue
Msg: 170
Why don't real men eat quiche?
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:08:44 PM
I dunno.. why don't many women don't cook much anymore?
.... maybe they've found out us guys actually like to cook...and often do it better!

...so, why DON'T real men eat quiche?
 zangie
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:17:00 PM
I can't put the ikea table together..I am soo ashamed...did I lose my "liberated"card?..lol..

I'm for playing to one's strengths..regardless of gender..

I suck at things that require manual dexterity, or physical strength...

I do cook rather well, so.that's a possible trade off if I ever live with a man again...
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 172
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:24:12 PM

...so, why DON'T real men eat quiche?

OBVIOUSLY, 'cause it doesn't go very well with beer....

heartseekertrue
Msg: 173
REAL MEN don't eat QUICHE.............................................................cuz we BAKE it
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:27:26 PM
cackleberry pie? RUIN IT? with barleypop?
SACREBLEU!!!!
 sashimiboy
Msg: 174
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/28/2009 1:07:41 PM
Ladies I think you're missing the point. So what you can hire someone to do the plumbing or handywork. I can hire a cook as well. It's not about that. Cooking is a positive thing, its a way of showing love and that you care about someone. I have no problem cooking, but it bothers me when women automatically get defensive and rebel against the idea of cooking. Half the replies in here by women say that they want the man to cook. It's ok if we cook but not you.

Taztiger72
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:45:05 PM
Makin' Bacon is not Cooking people......

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??