Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 s0thnyankee
Msg: 178
Why don't real men eat quiche?Page 8 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
There are still plenty of women who cook, but, with the busy schedules of some families, it becomes impossible to get everyone to the dinner table. I cook just about every night with the exception of a couple of nights. Even God rested on the seventh day...lol Where are these men who cook because I haven't found many who do!

Lastly, why don't real men eat quiche? Because most men proclaim they are meat and potatoes men!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 179
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/29/2009 12:00:32 PM
^^^^ Ah, grasshoppa, the ways of the Mod Gods are VEeeeeeeeewy Mystewious....

FreakingFantastic
Msg: 180
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:27:38 PM
Sure, I'll cook. I'll cook for you if I never have to work again, have all the beautiful material things I could want in my life, and am granted a hefty settlement in our prenup if we ever divorce.
 malibumermaid
Msg: 181
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/29/2009 6:04:06 PM
HELL YEAH!!! I want to live past 50! Plus restaurants are usually disappointing -- i usually feel as though i could have done it better! those that don't disappoint me usually disgust me with their prices... WHAT I HATE THE MOST are women that want these gorgeous remodeled kitchens JUST TO LOOK AT -- or eat the take-out in!!!

OH -- do any men do YARD WORK anymore??? they are always bragging about their "gardeners"...afraid to get your hands dirty and break a sweat? it's great exercise! and most of us could USE it!!!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 182
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/29/2009 6:28:32 PM

I agree with you malibumermaid. I find restaurant food is just horrible most of the time and I can tell you that my lasagne is the best I've ever tasted.................

Nope. Not possible. MINE is the bestest, everest.

junipermoon
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:14:04 PM
well, op, i have two friends (one of them is a chef) coming for lunch tomorrow. i plan to serve blackened chicken salad over endive, cherry tomatoes stuffed with feta and basil with blackberry cake for dessert.

so...women don't cook? good luck with that one.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/30/2009 9:30:52 PM

and some arsenic and pepper?

Hold the Arsenic, personally I don't care if Women cook anyway - I cook my own food when I am hungry.

ItsMargo
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/30/2009 9:35:51 PM
Nope. Not possible. MINE is the bestest, everest.

Pffft. Such confusion in this thread. Good thing I happened along to clear it up for ya.
My sweetie makes the bestest, everest lasagna - infinity plus one!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 186
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 8:15:56 AM

My sweetie makes the bestest, everest lasagna - infinity plus one!

So, you're sayin' he introduced you to the Chef Boyardee brand rather than the Heinz that you used to eat before he happened on the scene?

Yum!

... no way he makes better lasagna than me....

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 187
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 8:45:07 AM
But, really, what's the relevance of whether or not you make better lasagne than I? After all, it's women's work, isn't it?

Very good point.

I was just going by the one time when me and my buds were all drunk as skunks. All we had to eat was some stale noodles and a can of sauce. I threw it all a pot, cooked it until is was all stuck to the bottom and they all said it was the best lasagna they'd ever eaten...

... I'm a hero...

ItsMargo
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:34:17 AM
Good heavens Verity... you'd have to stop talking/posting in order to eat!!!

'sides what is on the menu today is lasagna or lasagne.
 Sweet Beach Girl
Msg: 189
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:40:42 AM
I honestly think it is a personal "preference".

Not every woman enjoys cooking.

I think society has this mindset and stereotype that women are supposed to be in aprons..lol! That goes back to the dark ages, men would hunt, bring home the kill and the woman would prepare it for the family.

I DO know how to cook, yet too be honest I don't find it enjoyable.

I just think it differs for everyone.

GeneralizingNow
Msg: 190
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:59:30 AM
See, now? I'd be happy to cook lasagna for several people, I just don't want to cook a whole one for myself and have to eat it for four days in a row. I also like to bake pies (I'm famous for walnut chocolate chip). Chili, veggie stew. That's my only drawback--usually it's vegetarian fare. Poor men have to eat veggies!
 OLIZAY
Msg: 191
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 10:17:55 AM
I totally agree especially if as a man you are looking to get married and have children. It'd be a damn shame to marry a woman, have kids and she's not able to provide for them cause she can't cook a decent meal.
 ~~dolphinlover~~
Msg: 192
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 10:36:12 AM
I love to cook for others..now living alone..i only cook maybe every other day, but i do enjoy to cook for my partner when in a relationship and yes, i am a great cook!
 Sweet Beach Girl
Msg: 193
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 11:30:53 AM
i don't make a man do anything he doesn't want to, i'm NOT his mother..lol!

just like i wouldn't want a man make me do something i don't feel comfortable doing.

if my guy doesn't like to dance, then im ok with it. it's not going to make or break me.

just like i've dated guys who don't like to shop, i'm not the type of girlfrnd who is going to drag her man around the mall all day. i'll go by myself or w/my grlfrnds. he can do his own thing.

but yes, i have cooked f/my boyfrnds before, i did it because i WANTED to and cared about them enough to do something nice for them as they have many times for me.

so perhaps compromise is the key.
 mulligan69
Msg: 194
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 11:31:16 AM
I love to cook, and my sweetie isn't so much a fan of it. So it works out great. In fact, we are a great team. I love to cook for her and she enjoys helping out here and there if/when I need something small done. I clean as I go and we only have our actual dishes left when finished eating. At that point, I was those dishes, she dries - and then we sit out back and enjoy a nice drink and pat our bellies.
 Sweet Beach Girl
Msg: 195
I do buy the notion of:
Posted: 8/31/2009 11:32:36 AM
i don't make a man do anything he doesn't want to, i'm NOT his mother..lol!

just like i wouldn't want a man make me do something i don't feel comfortable doing.

if my guy doesn't like to dance, then im ok with it. it's not going to make or break me.

just like i've dated guys who don't like to shop, i'm not the type of girlfrnd who is going to drag her man around the mall all day. i'll go by myself or w/my grlfrnds. he can do his own thing.

but yes, i have cooked f/my boyfrnds before, i did it because i WANTED to and cared about them enough to do something nice for them as they have many times for me.

so perhaps compromise is the key.
 big pacific
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 12:00:27 PM
I'm with you verity.

My SO and i shop together for what i'm gonna cook that way. It's been a part of our relationship since the start and i think more people should do it, planning a meal just has the kind of teamwork and give and take all relationships need.

As for you division, your making us look bad. You're looking for someone who can cook, great. I get annoyed when people are making a political statement about inability to cook. That being said, if they don't like it? You switch who cooks!

To say women are "raising red flags" because they don't enjoy cooking is ignorant at best. My personal favorite?

"I'm open minded with like minded people"

Yeah, because open minded people OBVIOUSLY only get along with the same ideas they hold, thats EXACTLY what open minded means.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 1:07:12 PM
pealing?

But you're in the kitchen sweetie... peeling is more appropriate there.
Potatoes, clothes... lots of things to peel in the kitchen.
 big pacific
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 1:51:14 PM
No actually, it's the lack of any eloquence or original thought on your part that is dragging our gender down. All of the predisopositions that a ton of us work to fix, and you throw us back in.

Do you expect your women to match you in all aspects? She gotta be as muscular? I have no problem in that being something your looking for, it's your implication that if she doesn't have it she's broken that I have an inherent problem with.

I'm cool with you wanting gender roles, NOT cool with you degrading those that don't share similar roles.

As for you being openminded, I'll let your post history speak to that.

BS reason not being able to cook? What if she's independantly wealthy and has a full time chef on staff? Still not dateable?
 big pacific
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 2:24:28 PM
Ok, I can't really use analogies with you I guess. I mean do you even read posts? I put "dragging" and you post "degrading"

My POINT is you say that you expect women to cook because "i mastered it on my own i expect that they did". I'm trying to illustrate to you that having an expectation for women based upon YOUR abilities is not only futile, but stupid. I picked muscular because of your super macho bicep pose pic in your thread.

As for me, perhaps by your standards i am a submissive man, that could very well be in that I can string together a paragraph here or there and not impose my value systems on others. I'd like to think that I'm the new power. The type that doesn't have to get internet tough to show how "powerful" I am. I'm a salesman by trade, and as such I try not to show my hand, it's weak to let people see you coming in my book.

You don't just expect women to cook, you say that their inability to cook shows something is really wrong with them. THAT is my problem. I expect women to cook, at least the ones I date. That being said, my g/f doesn't cook as well as i do, so i cook. That doesn't mean something is wrong with her, or wrong with me.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 5:27:30 PM
Well, setting the pissing contest aside, my two cents is that men cook, too. And in my book, real men LOVE to cook. Some like to do their share around the grill/fire, and others, like myself, cook anywhere, everywhere, all the time. Been doin' so for varing numbers of folk for 30+ years. hasn't grown old yet.

As for women cooking, well, I'm down with that, if she wants to. Actually, I would like a woman to be facile in the kitchen so that we can make a mess together. I'll even share in cleaning up afterwards.

The on e thing I am sure of is that I'm not a big fan of eating out often.

TK
{Pork fajitas tonight with freah corn on the cob on the side. Tomorrow, stir fry with stuff from the garden and fresh corn on the side; Wed, grill chicken and fresh corn; does anyone recognize a theme here?}
 ItsMargo
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 5:32:02 PM
I'm cooking pork loin roast tomorrow night. Or maybe my sweetie is. Or maybe we'll cook together. Anything to keep my sweetie's attention focused LMAO

My daughter is a foodie. ALL of her birthday/christmas requests are for kitchen items; when she moves out the kitchen will be bare!
On the other hand, we're going to change the toilet in the downstairs bathroom. Having watched "Canada's Worst Handyman" my daughter feels she is armed with sufficient knowledge to do it herself.

I think both men and women should learn to do basic home maintenance and food preparation. It just seems to make sense for people to be able to take care of themselves and their loved ones.

'sides, cookin' together is so much fun!
 HANDYMANSPECIAL1
Msg: 202
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 6:49:58 PM
Wow...I can't even believe sme of the answers to this original post.
Pointing fingers and making assumptions about gender roles..and not teaching your daughters how to cook..?
has anyone even thought about WHY you should learn to cook?
So maybe you can KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE EATING...know how much salt and sugar , calories, fat , preservatives, MSG etc etc? So maybe you can EAT HEALTHIER ..avoid OBESITY for yourself and your kids...MAYBE EVEN ADD 10-20 YEARS TO YOUR LIFE? Teach your kids to cook and eat healthy and they may lead more productive healthier lives and learn what to eat to FEED THEIR BRAIN and KEEP FIT AND TRIM AND AVOID FAT CLOGGING UP THEIR ARTERIES...so maybe some where down the road when you are in your 60's you won't end up having a STROKE from ARTERIAL SCLOROSIS from CHOLESTEROL RAMPAGE and your kids now have to take care of you because you are half brain dead..OR they send you to a HOME (IF you got the $$$ for THAT) ...

If you eat out, you have NO IDEA what goes in your food..how man calories, how much fat, sugar, salt , preservatives etc etc.

Obesity and outrageousy high cholestral levels are a NATIONAL EPIDEMIC in this country.... HOW THE HELL COULD ANY OF YOU NOT ADVOCATE COOKING IS BEYOND ME?

And by the way..I can whip up a goumet meal in less time than it takes me to go thru the Wendy's drive thru and back home..and its only 4 blocks from my house!

Cooking your own food: HEALTHIER- FRESHER- CHEAPER-MORE SATISFYING and once your really learn BETTER TASTING !
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??