Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??Page 9 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
I'm cooking pork loin roast tomorrow night. Or maybe my sweetie is. Or maybe we'll cook together. Anything to keep my sweetie's attention focused LMAO

My daughter is a foodie. ALL of her birthday/christmas requests are for kitchen items; when she moves out the kitchen will be bare!
On the other hand, we're going to change the toilet in the downstairs bathroom. Having watched "Canada's Worst Handyman" my daughter feels she is armed with sufficient knowledge to do it herself.

I think both men and women should learn to do basic home maintenance and food preparation. It just seems to make sense for people to be able to take care of themselves and their loved ones.

'sides, cookin' together is so much fun!
 HANDYMANSPECIAL1
Msg: 202
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/31/2009 6:49:58 PM
Wow...I can't even believe sme of the answers to this original post.
Pointing fingers and making assumptions about gender roles..and not teaching your daughters how to cook..?
has anyone even thought about WHY you should learn to cook?
So maybe you can KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE EATING...know how much salt and sugar , calories, fat , preservatives, MSG etc etc? So maybe you can EAT HEALTHIER ..avoid OBESITY for yourself and your kids...MAYBE EVEN ADD 10-20 YEARS TO YOUR LIFE? Teach your kids to cook and eat healthy and they may lead more productive healthier lives and learn what to eat to FEED THEIR BRAIN and KEEP FIT AND TRIM AND AVOID FAT CLOGGING UP THEIR ARTERIES...so maybe some where down the road when you are in your 60's you won't end up having a STROKE from ARTERIAL SCLOROSIS from CHOLESTEROL RAMPAGE and your kids now have to take care of you because you are half brain dead..OR they send you to a HOME (IF you got the $$$ for THAT) ...

If you eat out, you have NO IDEA what goes in your food..how man calories, how much fat, sugar, salt , preservatives etc etc.

Obesity and outrageousy high cholestral levels are a NATIONAL EPIDEMIC in this country.... HOW THE HELL COULD ANY OF YOU NOT ADVOCATE COOKING IS BEYOND ME?

And by the way..I can whip up a goumet meal in less time than it takes me to go thru the Wendy's drive thru and back home..and its only 4 blocks from my house!

Cooking your own food: HEALTHIER- FRESHER- CHEAPER-MORE SATISFYING and once your really learn BETTER TASTING !
 Taztiger72
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Cooking Anyone????
Posted: 8/31/2009 11:34:16 PM
Why Not? It's Real - but most of the women here don't consider anyone man on this site a "Real Man" anyway....so why should they cook, or make food for them then????

Real Man - noun
A true man can best be described as rugged and that does not have any fears. A man has a good deal amount of knowledge about tools, cars, the outodoors, knows how to act around women by being a gentlemen, but is not always serious and can have fun with them. Men financially provide for others and themselves and are overall responsible. Men are clean, well groomed, and can have a very short beard to portray that image of ruggedness. True men do not think about themselves. They do not always think about sex. They stand up for what they believe, take responsibility for their actions, help others, they are self confident, physically stong and in shape, have a sense of humor, generous, honest, and are considerate. They provide a sense of security. Men are brave and do not need to show off for their friends nor do their sway their opinions because of their friends. Now even if you are biologically a man, this does not mean you fit my definition of all the components of what a real man is.

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 204
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/1/2009 4:51:19 PM

Savona: Oh Capitano .... where for are thou ???? Come and smell my loin errr pork loin

DreamyOne: So i guess i have to just learn how to cook to get that pirate fellas attention.

Well, I say we all just all get together, spread a sail in DreamyOne's living room ('cause she has the velvet drapes), douse everything liberally with olive oil, nibble on loins, and slide around like sleek, slippery seals....

.... I'll bring the strawberries, peaches, whipped cream, Dream Whip (for Savona), and the chilled Reisling for dessert.....

... sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I've been out on the boat teaching my sons how to do piratical stuff....

CCsMom
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/1/2009 7:08:21 PM
I like to cook when I know my cuisine will be appreciated and "oohed and aahed" over. I love eating my own cooking, YUM!

However, I HATE the mess that goes it, and since I have no dishwasher that means all the dishes must get washed by hand, so sometimes it just isn't worth it, no matter how badly I'm craving cheesy meatloaf.

So let's make a deal...I'll cook, if the MAN cleans afterward. I think that's only fair.
 zangie
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/1/2009 8:54:01 PM

I'll bring the strawberries, peaches, whipped cream, Dream Whip (for Savona), and the chilled Reisling for dessert.....

Sigh...I am sooo jealous...lol..

I love cooking as an expression of love...I don't even mind making sammiches, lol...it's when it is a demand or an expectation that one can get annoyed...and I'm sure men understand that sentiment too...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/1/2009 9:29:11 PM

So let's make a deal...I'll cook, if the MAN cleans afterward. I think that's only fair

Gotta be careful on those deals yanno. BEFORE my sweetie and I moved in together, he said he'd prefer to cook if I would do the dishes. I promptly agreed, figuring I have a dishwasher and was getting the better end of the bargain. But I didn't think it through well enough dammit. HIS work schedule has him getting home late - many nights around 11 pm - so who ended up cooking? C'est moi, that's who. LMAO

(ok, so I still got a good deal but don't tell him that)
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 208
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/2/2009 5:17:43 PM

HIS work schedule has him getting home late - many nights around 11 pm - so who ended up cooking? C'est moi, that's who. LMAO

That is one SMART dude. Sounds like he's got the ol' "Bait 'n' switch" technique down pat...

BRAVO!

NeeNee96
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/2/2009 8:53:15 PM
To you my friend yes there are a few woman whom are very proud of being able to cook. For the most part I cook everything from "scratch". I rarely cook from boxed and pre-made foods. I enjoy coking very much. I like you don't understand why people don't enjoy such an old tradition as cooking.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/6/2009 12:33:54 AM
Bizarre question
~sc~
 melty1
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:04:11 AM
Yes I can cook and proud of it!
Cooking is a life skill! Unless you want meals that taste like crap, learn to cook!
Having home cooked meals brings the family together at mealtimes.
 Unquestionablenovelty
Msg: 212
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:23:45 PM
I LOVE to cook... and i'd love to have an old fashioned "throw down" with a guy... you know... like an apple pie throw down or a lasagna throw down.... that would be an awesome date.

/drools
 fetish4u
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/8/2009 9:44:05 AM
My lady has cooked me a lot of good meal and I have cooked for her also.I don't see gender roles in our relationship,She is just who she is and I am who I am.
 KTDID78
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:13:47 AM
I love to cook - it is one of the ways I was raised to express your feelings for someone - friends, family and significant others all can be made to feel special when the time and heart go into a meal prepared just for them, with them in mind. It's when these meals go unappreciated that a frozen pizza sounds like a better idea ;)
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 215
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:55:51 AM
I think that poor bloke who can't cook better get right on reading female code so they can get some grub on the table before their arteries clog up with .... **Who knows what is in that KFC MackieD's or where ever.

Except for most of the Asian women Ive dated, the Home-Cooked meals I am treated to are probably no more healthy than McDonald's or KFC. Not that I eat at either place more than occasionally. Living in the South puts me in the heart of deep-fry it till it floats country. Most meals are heavy on the breads and starches, light on the green stuff, and some kind of meat with grease running off of it.
 varinia
Msg: 216
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 4:02:37 PM
Just ordered Julia Child's Mastering the art of French cooking, vol I + II. So, there'll be some cooking in the house next week ;-)
 brawnydog
Msg: 217
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 4:39:48 PM
I once had a woman who lived for her oven
the doctor ordered it precisely to warm her muffin
women love to be appreciated for good taste
even if it is only one dish they can make

brawnydog
Msg: 218
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 5:11:39 PM
You don't require a lady for that.. I'm tellin ya..
irony and flirty
sittin in a tree
k i s s i n g..
and here we go........

real chefs lick their fingers
hair nets are basically optional
waitress, I think there's a fly in my innuendo
don't you?
Lisa cooks a kick ass teryaki brisket
pretty much nothin else other than that
'cept for makin a dam.n good sandwich
she uses miracle whip
mmmmmmmm

yanno, soup is the way to go
if you can make good soup you know
soup is a talent
boiling a pan of water dry isn't
 ItsMargo
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 5:20:12 PM

Nothing much beats the fresh salads I can put together from my garden now. Pick some fresh spinach, winter Romaine, and some red leaf to start. Then fresh basil leaves, tarragon sprigs, a handful of chive spires, a few different varieties of parsley leaves, some arugula, and various varieties from the assorted mesclun bed. Finish the pickings with a few fresh baby carrots and tomatoes and broccoli sprouts. Rinse them all off, spin them in the salad spinner, pick them gently apart, or cut them for the bowl. All that's left is to make an olive oil based dressing with a flavor that suits my fancy that night, pour it on, crush some blue cheese on top, and mix it all up. Perfection!

How I miss having a garden! My tiny ones are given over to flowers and home grown veg limited to two container grown tomato plants. Still, nothing like a fresh picked tomato. yum
 zangie
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 5:49:19 PM

Now you can have all the ladies in the other thread explain to me again how effective it is to communicate with gestures and innuendo....

Maybe it is a personality thing..not a gender thing..because for what it is worth..I totally got the innuendo and the flirting...maybe some people are just more literal than others...

I did find it charming..because you don't do it often...you're normally quite serious...

I love to cook for a reason...not just everyday for just myself..or me and my roommate...for a man, certainly..and for events (holidays) most definitely...
 Taztiger72
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 6:19:01 PM

I love making good dirt.

Working on the Sex Farm ain't about Cookin' - keep on the thread -
 ItsMargo
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:43:55 PM

God I love dirt. I love making good dirt.

Me too. I'm a dirt digger. *grins*
My mum always said: ".50 cent plant - $5 hole".
She had a slightly less than two acre vegetable garden. I wasn't remotely interested in gardening back then, but as handy slave labour, I was pressed into service and learned to love the process. Oh my the wonders of the garden.

Asparagus in the spring. I hardly ever buy it from the store anymore as it just doesn't compare.
Corn in late summer. (especially peaches and cream)
Peas that never make it to the table as they are gobbled in the garden.
New potatoes - yes, just like an easter egg hunt! (I cheated and started with a pitchfork - or does everyone do that?)

Too bad you and your SO don't live nearby. I'd have you over for a feast of freshies, and a good bottle of wine. :)

Too bad indeed. *sigh*
 urbanvenus
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:59:15 PM
Since I live alone, I just throw together stuff and cook something.
But, if I cook for others, which I enjoy, then I like to follow a recipe.

Cooking is really fun and I like to use herbs and spices.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/9/2009 9:04:34 PM

but last time I looked you didn't have to cook a ham sandwich

Anyway you put that sandwich - IT AIN'T KOSHER..........

ileft
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:29:44 AM
you must not have put a lot of thought into this tooic at all. Notice how all the world's most famous and celeb chefs are men!!! The tables are turning and fast!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??