Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Cheating...do men really do it more than women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sub girl wanted
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Cheating...do men really do it more than women? Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
There are really good guys,and really good women...but they never seem to meet.Then the good one usually gets F***d over by their partner,who gets on a power trip.Been there,seen it,happens all the time.But ,yeah,id say its about even.Women have more options...a guy looking to cheat,is usually frowned upon by women.A girl looking to cheat?most guys dont give a damn lol.
 itechman63
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Cheating...do men really do it more than women?
Posted: 8/8/2009 9:41:20 AM

Guys don't have a f..ing clue.. unless the woman shuts him off.

My experience has been that actually they amp up the sex while in an affair. Sometimes it's to throw the man off the trail and other times it's an attempt to rekindle their own interest in their partner.

Without wanting this to come off as derogatory, as my first marriage was winding down not only myself but practically every guy I knew around our age began to experience a phenomenon I termed "the chick flip". While married or in LTRs in our mid to late 20s, our wives/gfs decided that they wanted to go out partying every night and to feel that rush of new attraction without responsibility. That's not to say us guys were blameless with our obsessions with golf and beer at that age, but it was overwhelmingly the women going through phases.

From what I've seen, I'd say it's about equal.
 damassteel
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 12:24:57 PM
I don't know which gender does it more, but I agree with the poster that says men get caught more often.
I strongly believe that almost no one gets caught if they truly don't want to be caught. People only know what you permit them to know. Likely those who have no qualms or conscience about cheating are the least likely to be discovered at it, but the quiet guilt of the tell tale heart with will dime you out every time.
 BigDaddyVI
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/8/2009 2:35:13 PM
Meh, would've never been a problem if we never gave them voting rights.....
 damassteel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 2:45:07 PM
Men get tripped up as some say, for being too****, I agree. Hell, I think some men get caught because they want to show off their cheating in public, feeling like it makes them look like a stud, instead of keepin that sh*t on the DL .
 cubefactor
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/8/2009 7:08:16 PM
I found an article which may be of interest. Albeit a decade outdated, the "facts" and figures are shared from a variety of sources and should give some insight.

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/infidelitystats.html
 Sabrosura
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/8/2009 9:23:09 PM
I would bet that women cheat as much as men. I have male friends that are looking for monogamous relationships on POF/other sites only to meet married women who claim that their husband aren't taking care of business and the marriage is going "down-hill" (however they don't list themselves as being married).

Men and women out there are deceptive and want to "play".
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/8/2009 10:18:58 PM
There are studies that indicate women cheat "more" than men. There is also one study I know of that says a man can burn more calories staring at a woman's breasts than walking on a treadmill... So, how can you trust a study? I'd say it's at least even; but, men are more likely to get caught.

Having said that, most of the women I "hooked up with" in clubs (when I was young) turned out to be married. Over the years, I've had a lot of friend's wives make moves on me when hubby wasn't around, too. (I was a good boy though.)

Most of the guys I know flirt a lot, but very few of them cheat. From my personal experiences, women are at least as bad as men; but, I'm just one guy. I can't condemn all women based on the ones I've known.

VVVVVV Edit: For post below... VVVVVV

I agree that it's a good measure of character whether someone cheats or not, but opportunity plays into it as well. It's easy to not cheat if nobody wants to screw you. LOL

tbuddha
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/8/2009 10:42:19 PM
Women think men cheat more because they are all chasing after the same 15% of men that are at the top and they inherently can't be faithful to the multiple women chasing them. Meanwhile, the other 85% of men think women are unfaithful because the women they get soon leave them for the 15%.
 totoman
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:43:52 AM
OP have you ever cheated? And if so, would you ever admit it in a public forum?
 spitfire6844
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:27:47 PM
It's probably roughly equal between men and women.

I agree with the poster who discussed inconsistencies. Guys who cheat are likely to exhibit huge inconsistencies which make them easier to catch. Women, when they cheat, have little, tiny inconsistencies which one will only catch by being alert.

Invariably, people (male or female) who get cuckolded have turned a willful blind-eye to their partner's indiscretions. No one is a flawless cheater. People get away with cheating because their partners are either unwilling to believe it's happening or are unwilling to confront the partner about behavior which is inconsistent.
 tbuddha
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:47:30 PM
The 15% of men who get the most attention do the most cheating. The other 85% of men aren't getting the opportunities to. All women fall in between.
 nihhilus
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/15/2009 3:54:18 PM
i have been cheated on by 3 different girls ( all my girlfriends I have ever had so at this point my ratio for being cheat on is high lol) so personaly I thing girls do it more then guys but thats just me, also I know many more guys who have been cheated on then girls. but statisticly there are more girls in the world then guys so i believe the ratio will show for itself.
 CharmedinKtown
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:34:41 AM
Both genders do it, but I think women have the ability to be smarter about it then men. Otherwise more people would be getting caught.

And jwa... the fact ALL your exs ran off indicates you might have some issues. If you did nothing wrong, why are you picking out cheaters? Perhaps you subconciously want that.
 Ependa
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:30:17 AM
It's been my experience that women cheat at least as much as men. I'd say it's 50-50 , honestly.

I personally do not and will not. Ever.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:51:15 PM
http://datedaily.com/news/dating-scoop/women-cheat-more-lie-better/
 head.cloud123
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:52:59 PM

Sure it might have been that way 30+ years ago, but times have changed. Women cheat now more then ever, and probably more often. Cause as everyone knows a women can get sex whenever they want, very little work involved, unless thier totally nasty. Men actually have to work at it. With that being said.... women have more opportunities to cheat. That and blended with the fact women are now heavily part of the work force and can take care of themselves financially, they don't have to worry about loosing their man, so they don't feel the need to stay faithful as much as they used to

Its not wroth dating until everything you listed becomes equal.
 trotko
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/21/2009 4:49:28 AM
Well personnaly I know more woman that have cheated but like others I beleive it's somewhat equal. This is where My opinion difers from others. Everyone seems to think woman hide it better but I don't buy it. I think guys just go into denial instead of talk about it. I have been cheated on and well I got her to confess within 5 days cause I knew.No I didn't catch her no one told me, it was the change, not in sex but everything else. I can sense things very well. Most woman aren't very good liars and their not very good at hiding their emotions. So if I guy doesn't see it he should give his head a shake cause i guarantee the signs are there.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 11:03:09 AM
Statistics based on extensive surveys indicate more men than women cheat, but I'm not sure if they can account for people who lie, and women are more likely to deny an affair than men, IMO.

It's also an interesting fact that the people who are most certain and adamant that they'd never be capable of cheating are also the very people most at risk of doing exactly that. Whereas those who acknowledge that they could be tempted are more vigilant in avoiding those circumstances which could tempt them.
 textodd11
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/21/2009 12:24:30 PM

And jwa... the fact ALL your exs ran off indicates you might have some issues. If you did nothing wrong, why are you picking out cheaters? Perhaps you subconciously want that.

Typical bitter female response. The woman cheats, but it's the guy's fault. He's causing it by this...or that...whatever. The guy cheats and he's an SOB, the woman cheats and he's still an SOB. Give me freaking break.

And yes, I know not ALL women feel this way but just read through these forums and you'll see a sh!tload of posts just like this one. And yet they wonder why they're single and can't find a "good" man? What a dysfunctional lot.

BTW, I'd say it's about 50-50.
 Whatyouc
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/21/2009 2:47:26 PM
I believe it's just as common for women. The last statistics I read were something like 60% of men and 40% of women would cheat at some time in their lives.
Those statistics have to be based or surveys, and I'm betting that men are quicker to admit it than women due to the whole double standard thing.
Women are programmed from a young age to appear virtuous and many go to great lengths to keep up that facade.

The more interesting question is; What motivates men to cheat, and what motivates women?

Is it sex? Is it ego? Is it a need to feel desired? Is it power? Is it boredom? I think I'll start my own thread.........
 trotko
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/23/2009 2:14:07 AM

How many women do you know that would pay a male prostitute for sex? I think if the drive was as strong for women as it is for men, then there would be some male prostitutes making a living from women and not men they now service. lol

I think you would see a whole lot more male hookers if men werent so easy to pick up for free. Woman get horny just like guys do. But man they could walk up to almost any guy and get it with no troubles and no money. Especially in a bar where ironically guys go to look for horney woman.Yes woman want love for sex and thats why men lie and tell them thats exactly what they'll get and thats why so many woman have some negative feelings about sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Cheating...do men really do it more than women?