Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > but they have great healthcare.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Elmenreich
Msg: 51
view profile
History
but they have great healthcare.....Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Just who is the "we" you think helped train those yellow curs? When? Where? How? And why? Or did you get that "fact" from a movie about Americans' disillusionment with their country? I'm sure they're good basic training for fifth columnists.
Um, no. I got it from the CIA's Operation Cyclone, where we funded the mujahideen billions of dollars to fight the Soviets, and how we funded the Wahhabist Muslim movement that enacted devastating purges in Saudi Arabia before spreading to Afghanistan through involvement of the Saudi Royal Family, namely Osama Bin Laden.

Basically, the Wahhabist movement was seen as a strong ally to the fight against Soviet expansion because they were so fervent about their beliefs. The fact that they were just as likely to slaughter other Muslims as the Russians themselves seemed inconsequential, and to this day, we still support the Saudi Royal Family despite having a regime just as totalitarian as that of Cuba's, but without the health care.

Oh, and don't even think of arguing with me. You've already proven you're ignorant by calling our former allies, who compose the Taliban nowadays, "yellow curs." I'm not interested in what you can learn from Wikipedia in one hour after a lifetime of blindness.

Elmenreich
Msg: 52
view profile
History
but they have great healthcare.....
Posted: 10/1/2009 8:45:04 PM

Elemenreich I wish I had time to help you unpack all of your confusion but i think I may not have enough hours left in my life to save you. failing that I'm going to give you a magic exercise that might help:

1. Put your index finger from your right hand

2. Place it in the middle of your forehead

3. Then say the following three times: This is a mistake!

Do this daily until you and Michael Moore get your confusion sorted out, it could be a draw who gets well first.
Excuse me, but did I even mention Michael Moore or anything from one of his documentaries? Seriously, how would your mother feel, knowing that her son doesn't know how to read properly? That poor woman must go out of her mind, knowing that she raised a man who can't think for himself.

Read a book for once in your life.

GolfCoast
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:13:17 PM
Ahh, ahhh Elmenreich, this thread, and my comments were regarding healthcare. Now I know it's tough dragging oneself out of Bush fever swamp psychotic episodes but focus, focus with all your might on the topic. I know it takes force of will for you not to swap out your Starbucks prepaid wifi card for Taliban training with your America hating buddies, that's why we have threads with that theme for guys like you to tease out of your tortured tiny programming some raison d'ĂȘtre. I'm positive your favorite flick is Lawrence Of Arabia and you and Obama are gonna sweet talk everyone into some kinda naked in the moon light love fest and invite Fidel over for late night****ails, but not on this thread. Verstehen?

Best wishes for your continuing success.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:47:02 PM
Lawrence of Arabia? Um, wrong time frame. That was the Arab Revolt of 1916-1918, long before American petroleum and infrastructure companies began relations with the Saudi Royal Family in the 1950s, leading to the Carter and Reagan administrations selling weapons to King Khalid, which was ostensibly so that Khalid could fight off potential Soviet aggression, but in reality so that Khalid could consolidate power and slaughter non-Wahhabist Muslims, in exchange for keeping oil production high.

Again, I implore you to stop arguing about history, Laurence of Arabia or anything in general. You know absolutely nothing about the subject.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/1/2009 10:07:50 PM
We should still all have the right to bear arms - no need to share
 matchlight
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 11:47:38 PM

I'm not interested in what you can learn from Wikipedia in one hour after a lifetime of blindness.

Fair enough. You seem to know quite a bit about this. I pretty much just know what I see in the news. As for arguing, I don't pretend to be as up to speed on this as some are. If I'm blind, I certainly don't want to stay that way. The thing is, I just don't like people trying to attack my country, former allies or not. So I called them curs. I don't know about this CIA operation, and I don't really like Wikipedia much. But if you know of some good information about it, I'm open.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 11:51:18 PM

Fair enough. You seem to know quite a bit about this. I pretty much just know what I see in the news. As for arguing, I don't pretend to be as up to speed on this as some are. If I'm blind, I certainly don't want to stay that way. The thing is, I just don't like people trying to attack my country, former allies or not. So I called them curs. I don't know about this CIA operation, and I don't really like Wikipedia much. But if you know of some good information about it, I'm open.
Hint: you can't run around calling Asian people yellow, even if you didn't mean it that way.
 matchlight
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:47:41 AM

Hint: you can't run around calling Asian people yellow, even if you didn't mean it that way.

You may have mistaken me, somehow, for one of your students. I'm sure you know that "yellow" also means cowardly. I believe that unlawful enemy combatants who hide among civilians are cowards. Now, you might not think so, but doing that's a "war crime" under the Geneva Convention. Interesting that you chose to bring up race, but maybe it's something you often think about.

How do you know what you call "the Taliban" (a gross oversimplification, incidentally) are Asians anyway? Salafists have come to Afghanistan and Pakistan's frontier areas from just about everywhere on earth. I didn't want to call these Islamist Nazis anything really vile, like I usually would, because I sensed you kind of like them. Just an impression. Not my choice of friends, but to each his own.
 matchlight
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:48:25 AM

and will send home slips indicating that all his male charges will now wear keffiyehs and his females....burkas

Funny you mention that. There's more to jihad than just blowing people up, and there's a whole other side of Islamists' war against us that hasn't attracted much attention. They've gotten much farther with imposing their laws in England, and in France, the Netherlands, Sweden, and several other European countries. And we should take it as a warning--especially because this "soft jihad" has often been mixed with terrorist violence.

Think back a few years, to the Islamist who murdered Van Gogh's great-grandson for making a film he thought offended Islam. Before that, Salman Rushdie hid in England under threat of death by Iran's government for writing a book they didn't like. France was torn with riots a couple years ago over school dress codes Muslims didn't like. Satirical cartoons that had been published were withdrawn under threats of violence by jihadists. Muslim citizens in England have been involved in several major terrorist bomb plots against trains and airliners. A train bombing in Madrid was meant to influence Spain's national election several years ago--and it succeeded. And on, and on.

Jihad's come here, too, in both the soft and violent forms. We just saw a major bomb plot foiled a week or so ago, and there have been many other terrorist cells, in Lodi, Buffalo, and other places. A couple dozen Somalis living in Minnesota have returned to Somalia to wage jihad there, in cooperation with Al Qaeda terrorists. I read about a Michigan university whose Muslim students had damaged the restroom sinks by using them so often to wash their feet. When their campus organization howled loud enough, the administration installed a foot bath just for them. And the same kind of thing's been going on here and there around the country, with dress codes, speech codes, etc.

The goal is to impose sharia, bit by bit, in communities in western countries where a lot of Muslims live. The last thing they want to do is assimilate into a culture they detest--the idea is to force us to do things *their* way. Fortunately for jihadists, a lot of people in this country want to be nice and accommodate them, and they don't see much harm in it. Unfortunately for the host countries, people who live to destroy them are creating beachheads there.

Islamic jihadists know that thirty years of indoctrination has made millions of Americans very reluctant to hate or condemn anything foreign or different, and they see that as a weakness for them to exploit. And they can count on Muslims who don't much like western culture, either, to come to their defense with the usual charges of ethnic and religious prejudice. Once the sympathetic colony's been established, it becomes a breeding ground for terrorist violence--and the plots may be directed from foreign counties.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/3/2009 6:00:17 PM
LOl elmen is puncturing pedantry? The thread is healthcare and we get a fever swamp explanation about American roots in Taliban.You've pretty much assured the poster is a programmed libtard if they blame current events on actions that may or may not have happened 25 years ago. the simple-minded imagine the world has friends and enemies rather than transitional interests.

Germany and Japan were once hated enemies, then trusted allies, and will one day be neutral negative. the guy is a fever swamp of left wing, Bush-lied programming.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:27:22 PM
Elmenreich, anything of value you might want to say here is negated by your name calling, flame throwing, pompous attitude. Since you are a new member of these forums, I suggest that you read the rules of the forum. When joining a new group of people of any kind, it is wise to come in gently and scope things out to see how that particular society conducts itself before you start tossing insults and throwing your weight around. Whatever stature you may possess in knowledge, you certainly lack in manners. You have lost all credibility because your belligerent attitude conveys a total lack of confidence in what you are saying...
Well, I am new to this forum, and I did read the rules, but considering similar behavior from other contributors to this thread, I thought such behavior was acceptable. In fact, I don't see how my behavior is out of line with the behavior of others in this forum and this thread. If anything, the only difference between me and the other members contributing to this thread is that I'm not racist, nationalist and uninformed.

Basically, this thread was made to poke fun at the suffering of poor people. I find it strange that you would laud the racist and nationalist posts in this thread while singling me out. Take this post, for instance:
New voices are always welcome, you guys were pretty gentle with me when I first started. However, I did tread lightly and watched and learned from everyone here.

What is enlightening about reichman...
See, this person claims to have learned from this forum, but all he's learned is how to make fun of people's names and agree with the majority. I call that ignorance.
You've pretty much assured the poster is a programmed libtard if they blame current events on actions that may or may not have happened 25 years ago. the simple-minded imagine the world has friends and enemies rather than transitional interests.
Hmmm, I'm not the one drawing conclusions and laying blame. I'm talking about Osama Bin Laden's reasoning for the 9/11 attacks which he was peripherally involved in. He specifically states that the US ignored Afghanistan once the Soviet threat was neutralized, that America sunk tons of weapons into Afghanistan, fueling the conflict for generations.

It's sad, but all of our "enemies" as of late - Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan - are nations that we supplied with weaponry over the past 25 years. Of course, there are many underlying issues, but to state that America's foreign policy had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks is doing a disservice to the thousands of people who died that day.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:45:42 AM
Elmenreich having outsourced his major life decisions to his union is able to focus the full power of his intellect on memorizing dem talking points and his ACORN placard.

Why would we imagine he'd be able to figure out a board ecosystem before starting this confused-obvious-wrong rant at high volume.
A tool just like his President Ozero.
 matchlight
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:14:40 PM
for the right to join ranks and throw stones at any liberal minded person who posts.

I realize a lot of people who live in the U.S. have been indoctrinated to detest most things about our history and culture. I couldn't care less if they want to stay ignorant--that's their business. But many of them also seem to want to make excuses for savages who believe it's their sacred duty to murder infidels. Like us.

Some of us don't think propagandizing for Islamist Nazis bent on making the whole world live like they do is very funny. Constantly blaming and deriding America, while carrying water for Islamic jihadists, gradually erodes the will to fight them. And the more that encourages these thoroughly evil people, the more dangerous it makes things for all of us.
 matchlight
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 11:09:08 PM
One thing that's interested me is that the more I learn about radical Islam, the clearer it becomes that the notion the U.S. has brought this fight on itself is false. There's more than enough in Islam itself to explain the Islamists' Nazi-like lust for world domination, their belief that God demands they slaughter everyone who rejects their beliefs, their celebration of the most savage, sadistic violence. That makes me wonder whether the notion that we're to blame for jihadism is just the result of ignorance, or if it's what radical Islamists and their accomplices are working to make as many Americans as possible believe.

Why? Because that's a clever way to demoralize a stronger enemy. Make Americans believe their country has done so much wrong they should be ashamed of it, and they'll be considerably less eager to defend it. We know several dozen Americans have gone overseas to help Islamic jihadists. I can't prove that another cadre is helping them from inside the U.S., but the more of the "America's to blame" mantra I hear, the more I suspect it. And the people saying this are almost exclusively on what's usually (and misleadingly) called "the far left." Are Stalinists determined to bring the U.S. down as payback for the fall of the USSR they so adored?

Our president's preacher of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright, friend of the racist Louis Farrakhan and the murderer Muammar Khadafi, believes 9/11 was our fault. Remember his claim that it was America's "chickens coming home to roost?" "We asked for it," they say, like a sexist saying a rape victim was to blame for wearing a revealing dress. Same with Ward Churchill, the Colorado professor, who called the 3,000 murder victims at the WTC "little Eichmanns." They had their fate coming, because just as Eichmann aided the Holocaust by making the death trains run on time, they through their jobs were helping the evil, capitalist American Reich.

We also have Michael Moore, Mr. Carter's fast friend, and Obama's pals, the ex-Weatherman bomber William Ayres and his ex-"Ten Most Wanted" wife, the terrorist Bernadine Dohrn. Ayres and another Communist friend that Obama steered a lot of money to both help teach schoolteachers how horrible this country is, so they, in turn, can teach that to their students. Just like the jihadists, these people abhor everything America stands for and want to bring it down. Our Oswald Moseleys, Lord Haw-Haws, Tokyo Roses, and Axis Sallys for today. As for Obama himself, I'll leave it others to decide if his foreign policy is just incompetent, or if it's a product of his own evident distaste for the country whose interests he's supposed to be representing.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/6/2009 8:17:15 AM
Skooch! The world is not about 'fairness". This is not family share the TV time. It's about trying to navigate a complex world with ancient hatreds and histories. One could argue that in modern times Israel is the ultimate cause, the raison d'etre of all middle east turmoil. One could even get reasonable people from both sides to agree that post WW2 it was a terrible mistake to support the creation of the state of Israel. But it's done. It's a fact. Now we must deal in real world realities, not "fair". So if Iran states it's goal is to obtain nukes and wipe out the state, of what use are discussions about fair? Interesting discussions in sophomore dorm rooms but an onion that could be pealed for another thousand years to no solution.

Going to the complex, no Arab states want Iran holding a nuke. As fellow Muslims they might give some lip service in public to the notion, but privately they hope and pray the USA and Israel solves this problem.

You Dems have to get beyond fair and go to Realpolitik, get adult.
 matchlight
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 8:53:36 AM

If they were to sail war ships off of our coast, we would destroy that thing rather than blow a large hole in it. But, so many Americans are surprised that they would attack one of our ships because we have the right of passage to go any where the hell we please since we are America.

If you're talking about the 2000 attack on the Cole, it took place near Aden, Yemen. U.S. Navy ships have called at ports all around the world for a long time. And yet you seem to question its right to have been there. Maybe you also question the right of the U.S. to have killed--as it recently did--the Al Qaeda operatives who planned the attack.

As for our right to go anywhere we please, all nations claim that same right under international law, and the U.S. has always recognized it. Only a very small part of the world's oceans is any nation's territorial waters. I don't know who you mean by "they" sailing warships off our coast, but Al Qaeda doesn't have any. And if it did, of course the U.S. would attack them--isn't that what warships usually do to enemy warships?

You seem to think the U.S. should always be fair to its adversaries. Why? If someone on my street talked openly about wanting to kill kids, should I want him to get a gun because I have one to protect my family--from people like him? The U.S. should always treat its allies well, but nothing requires us to do what our enemies might like, or to be fair with them. The world's Islamist Nazis can go to the Devil for all of me, and their helpmates may join them there.

Your slur about the two 1945 atomic bombings is standard Soviet propaganda from the 1950's. Their English-language "information" magazines about America still exist, and I've seen it myself. I'd like to be able to say I'm surprised to see Americans still spreading that slander against their country in 2009. But having seen it here quite a few times, I'm not.
 matchlight
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 9:59:22 AM
I didn't know I'd implied that. Of course it did, on August 6 and 9, 1945. So what? Japan and the U.S. were at war. A couple months earlier, the U.S. killed about 100, 000 people in a enormous incendiary bombing raid on Tokyo. And about that same time, Allied bombers killed about that many Germans in a huge raid on Dresden. Some of the aircraft in the first wave dropped heavy bombs to break windows, to create a better draft for the incendiaries that followed.

There are lots of other examples, too, of thousand-plane raids on cities that killed tens of thousands of people. And many tens of thousands of British civilians were killed by German bombings. Did you think civilians were out of bounds in WWII? I didn't know that blast and heat were different because they were created by nuclear fission, instead of by TNT, or because only one bomb was used, rather than ten thousand.
 matchlight
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:19:02 PM
Just because something's a historical fact doesn't make it immune to being presented in a misleading or derogatory way.
 sd_matt
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:26:31 PM
I wanted to start a new thread about health care. I can't find the button, it seems to appear randomly. Can anyone help?
 sd_matt
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/6/2009 4:08:14 PM
Yeah so Im not smoking the good stuff. That button is there sometimes and sometimes not. Whats up with that?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 8:57:05 PM
Elmenreich having outsourced his major life decisions to his union is able to focus the full power of his intellect on memorizing dem talking points and his ACORN placard.
Um, I've NEVER been a member of the Democratic Party. I voted for H.W. Bush in 1992 - the first year I could vote - because I was a small-government Republican. When Clinton's term was over, I expected a small-government Republican candidate to run against Gore. All I've seen since then is more big-government crap, reckless spending by both parties.

I finally left the Republican Party about a year and a half ago, and joined the Green Party. Basically, I'm disgusted by both parties, but the Republican party line (small-government when it comes to regulation, big-government when it comes to spending) lead to the current financial crisis. I voted for Obama because I no longer believe in a completely unregulated economic system. I don't believe we should waste money and human life in crap wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, fighting enemies whose beliefs and ways of life haven't changed since they were our best buddies. I don't like a lot of the crap Obama does, like the crap war in Afghanistan he's so happy about and merit pay for teachers.

I support a public option. I haven't bought into the hype that it'll kill private competition. It hasn't in Germany, and people around the world will always want to get into America's private health care system, which is pretty good if you have the money.

Oh, and you're a dullard.

Unlike some people on this message board, I came to POF to meet new people and go on a date or two now and then. It sounds like a lot of you angry Republicans could use one.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:13:42 PM
Skooch let me help here. Republicans generally, honestly don't consider the Dem plan reform. It's change, but it's undesirable change for us with a word like reform attached to cause tingles up and down the legs of the true believers.

The Dems have the votes. Repubs can't stop it. The Dems want bipartisan cover. Why? The bill is a disaster. It is a disaster based upon cost, no tort reform, clear that demand will rise and supply will fall creating long waits or rationing. Dems know they have a loser bill and want either to blame bipartisan cover , or failing that, to blame Repubs killed it. We can't kill it. repeat that until it sticks.

Sometimes you need to stop and think a bit about the motivations of those who disagree with you.
 The Minister of Dudeness
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/7/2009 7:17:21 PM
Forgive any redundancy here:

The USA Patriot domestic surveillance bill that was passed Oct. 23, 2001 was not made available for public review before congressional debate and vote.

While campaigning for office, BHO promised complete transparancy if he were elected President, along with hope and change.

Yet the House energy and global warming bill, passed June 26th, was only available online for review 15 hours before vote, despite being 1,200 pages in length.

The $789 billion "stimulus" bill, passed Feb. 14, was 1,100 pages yet only available online 13 hours before congressional debate.

The $700 billion financial sector rescue package, passed Oct. 3 of last year, was only available online 29 hours before vote at 169 pages.

Bush lied? Well, so does Obama. And BHO does it after he criticized Bush for lack of transparency. "Hope and change" is translating into "I'm still hoping for the change".

Same Old Circus, Different Clown.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:47:22 AM

Same Old Circus, Different Clown.

Amen Minister
 Elmenreich
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:07:26 AM
Obama and Bush are both clowns, but I tend to think that W. Bush was an evil clown.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > but they have great healthcare.....