Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > ***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deed50
Msg: 26
***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***Page 2 of 142    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
hey scoochie no problem just figured I'd ask since you set the terms lol
 wizardofossington
Msg: 27
***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:39:52 AM

youd be Crazy JAC not to take Deb up on the bet or are you afraid

That's exactly what he is....If his Giants did end up winning, he'll come back to this and say that he agreed to it.
 Deed50
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:47:18 AM
Great bet Deb the Cowboys and their fans will be pumped with the new facility and after an easy win over the Bucs . This years Cowboys are so underated Felix is back the team will be healthy and Jerry got rid of all the whiners going with a bit of youth is exactly what our team needed.
No more T.O and his distractions no more Pacman who was not even as good as Orlandro Scandric , No more Tank Johnson who couldnt beat out All PRO Ratliff at nose gaurd anyways . All they were were distractions and were going with players that have been waiting for a long time to get on the field I'll take the youth and thier enthusiasum over babys anyday.

GO Cowboys
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/12/2009 1:41:43 PM
Are you kidding me? Cowgirls beat the Giants this year That's right Deb, DALLAS COWGIRLS, TO crying for his QB after losing to the Giants. Romo and Jessica soap opera BS I say this because they play like girls! Weasel the welsher, welshed me already and I am sure all of you fellow POF friends remember all his excuses why he didn't post a picture of himself in a Giant jersey when the Giants won the SB. Look I will bet all three of you Deb MGM Deed. If your Cowgirls win I will scan a picture of me with a sign. Cowboys rule the Giants. For one week. If Giants win all three of you will post "Giants rule the Cowboys" with all of you holding the sign! For one week. So if its on it would be Sept 21th to Sept 27th But I want to go further to even the 2nd game on Dec 6th to the 13th also same rules so if its a split we all get to laugh and see who doesn't stick to the bet. Scoochie bet the weasel and see if he pays off I am rooting for the Saints that week!

Oh the picture being so small in the forum so the face and sign should be the same size and be clearly written and fill the little box.

So who is signing in? Deb Deed MGM are you all in?
 wizardofossington
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:42:55 PM

welshed me already and I am sure all of you fellow POF friends remember all his excuses why he didn't post a picture of himself in a Giant jersey when the Giants won the SB.

All you had to say was "deal"....It's in black and white....What part of English to don't understand?....Stop being a Wiz heater.....And a liar to the people on POF....The truth will set you free....Pal!!!
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:58:35 PM
No weasel to you it was more than deal you kept adding BS to the bet as well.

There is a saying: If you tell the truth you will always remember it. You are so confused you don't know what truth means. Weasel I remember it was a deal. That conversation was also in the deleted Dallas thread. But hey its over. Your still a welsher.

Whats the verdict ol POF'ers who remembers that bet prior to SB XLII.

Steel? MGM? Deed? Scoohie? So many other names at that time too.
 MGMLION
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:12:57 PM
Super Bowl XLII Can Wiz say Giants Super Bowl Champs?

To be very honest Dallas will have a very weak secondary this year and other teams QB's will have a field day passing all over them. I'm glad they let Roy Williams go he could tackle but couldn't cover a 85 year old woman. They will miss Anthony Henry he could fill the position. And Pac-man Jones was a joke to begin with.

Dallas won't beat the Giants in week 2 Maybe week 13 MGM says bets off.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:53:19 PM
Well statistic's do say December is goose egg month for the Boys (see I was nice Deb)
 wizardofossington
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:53:38 PM
No JaB....You're still a liar....

There is a saying: If you tell the truth you will always remember it.

Then why aren't you living up to your saying? Seriously, a good friend wouldn't lie to other friends....So why are you lying to your POF buddies?

Your still a welsher.

And you're still a liar.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:58:08 PM
What ever weasel Liar Liar liar yeah that's me

Play with your blue girl toy here in your ( )o( ) and have a blast!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:59:51 PM

Liar Liar liar yeah that's me

If you tell the truth you will always remember it....So don't forget.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:09:23 PM
If you tell the truth you will always remember it....So don't forget.

Forget what? He took his picture down! :laugh: To late weasel
 wizardofossington
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:14:43 PM
He took his picture down! To late weasel

And it's probably the same reason why you taken yours down....Don't spend all night with it....Spread it out during the week....You might go blind.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:32:18 PM
Back to the Cowboys ....sorry for the off topic stuff.

I am very excited to see the Cowboys play the Giants. In all I only joke with the Cowboy fans. Just a rivalry.
 Deed50
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:50:59 PM
How do you figure MGM the Cowboys if anything should have a strong seconondary
Jenkins, Newman, Scandrick , Hamlin and Sensabaugh. Jenkins and Scandrick had pretty good seasons and Sensebaugh should upgrade the safety position granted Jenkins and Scandrick are both young but they are talking Jenkins is having a great camp and Scandrick had a good season playing the slot last year on third downs. My only concern with the secondary is Newmans injury history .
But who have the G strings got as recievers ...........nobody certainly no one better than the Cowboys

IM IN ............. JAC no problem and the only work you should be doing is making your sign lol
 MGMLION
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:15:52 PM
^^^^Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick were rookies last year.
They get rid of starters Anthony Henry, Roy Williams and Pac-man.
If Williams could cover anybody he would be a great safety.
Jenkins did not show me a thing last year and Scandrick hardly played.
Terrance Newman stays hurt all the time and Ken Hamlin has his good games and bad games. They did sign Gerald Sensabaugh from Jacksonville just to help fill a depleted secondary which will be the Cowboys weakest Link.
 Deed50
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:25:00 PM
I agree to an extent but Scandric played awfully well considering he was on his own in the slot most of the year. Newman agreed that this is the toughest position to play. It was supposed to be a battle between Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick this year but Jenkins was having a sensational camp leaving the Cowboys with Scandric to play the slot again but camp isnt over yet .
Apparently theyre really impressed with Ball at safety and like this years rookies Mike Mickens and Deangelo Smith so really things dont look that bad.
Pacman didnt impress me last year he did nothing on punt returns or as CB so Im glad we picked Jenkins after Jones in last years draft. only time will tell but Newman has to stay healthy and the idiots sent him in to return punts this week and he agravated his surgicly repaired groin again. why on earth would you put Newman in on returning punts when he is the mainstay of the secondary the guys 30 years old and always injured give it to Jones or someone younger and healthier thankfully they say it isnt serious but who knows how long this one will linger
 Deed50
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/13/2009 12:39:54 PM
Deb I'll second that bet for the first game only but to be honest if JAC losses it wouldnt be fair to not give him a second chance on the second game to redeem himself but hey I'm all in on the first game
who says JAC plays fair anyways he has a lot of swagger about his Giants and rightfully so they have been a great team as of the past few years
 srb272007
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/13/2009 1:06:53 PM
felix "the cat" jones is a all pro in the making - i mean LT kinda good

but really i don't expect alot out of the cowboys this year - romo is a choker who's more concerned with looking good and dating up than super bowl rings and thats never good

and besides all that they play in the toughest division bar none - philly's coming off the nfc championship game, the giants got their defense healthy again, and the redskins are trying to make the yankees' spending seem soooo 2008

1.giants 2. philly 3. cowboys 4.redskins
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/13/2009 1:34:37 PM
OK that's Deb and Deed bet is on! And I too feel you guys should have a chance at the second game when you loss the first game. (or vise versa) But so far its only the first game. But if you feel like getting a chance again I would be in the second game also. Its only fair for both sides I feel. Any other Dallas fans want to get in on the bet? Or Giant fans? For the first game Dallas vs Giants and possible second game in Dec.

Make your signs!
 Deed50
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/13/2009 1:45:42 PM
^^^^^ to SRB On paper I agree with your predictions to a point but any team can fall with a injury to a key player . I still dont understand why everyone blames Romo yes he did drop the football in the Seattle game choke 1. Romo can only do so much the rest of the team has to play up to its potential . Hes a third year starter with better stats than Aikman and Stauback but its the whole team that collapsed last year . He can only do so much, what did Eli Manning do in his first three years and he still isnt all that consistant. He has a great defence to keep him in the games even when he falters every now and then. Last years Cowboys were a mess by mid season TO shooting his mouth off as usual . Pacman didnt play well at all , Greg Ellis has been complaining for the last three seasons. Tank Johnson didnt even play all these big signings did nothing the whole year and thats supposed to be Romo's Fault?
Romo controls the offence thats it he cant stop injuries which Dallas had a lot of
Felix Jones gone for the season , Jason Witten broken ribs and a sore shoulder , Barber missed a few games near the end so they had to play Choice , Kosier the right gaurd was gone after mid season which created a huge hole in the offensive line and Romo was running for his life , Mat Mcbriar the punter was gone after midseason. The Cowboys were decimated with injuries while TO was Crying Romo was passing the ball to Witten too much.
What do you want out of a third year Quarter Back who wasnt even drafted .
Jerry Jones thinks he's the mastermind of nfl football and Wade Philips has never won a playoff game either.
all This makes Romo a Choker No excuses for my team they sucked from the midway point of the season as a team
But does that make Romo a choker Put Eli in this situation and your going to tell me that he would of taken the Cowboy team to the superbowl
I hardly think so
If Im not mistaken the New York Giants Fans were screaming for Eli's head and pissed that managment exchanged qbs in the draft But now Eli manning is an elite qb because he won a superbowl
Its not just YOU but everyone that thinks Romo chokes if he has'nt got the support he needs he'll never win a Superbowl but then neither did Dan Marino
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:49:10 PM

what did Eli Manning do in his first three years
Made the playoffs each year and won a Superbowl in his 4th year!

Put Eli in this situation and your going to tell me that he would of taken the Cowboy team to the superbowl
I hardly think so
You sound upset! I should play the Violin while reading your post. like the Giants didn't have injuries. I am not even going there and they still were 12-4.

If Im not mistaken the New York Giants Fans were screaming for Eli's head and pissed that managment exchanged qbs in the draft But now Eli manning is an elite qb because he won a superbowl
You are mistaken. Put the national enquirer down. The kid made the playoffs each year. There is no soap opera here with him he is very humble. No vacations before a playoff game and get weak at the knees before and lose a playoff game.

but everyone that thinks Romo chokes if he has'nt got the support he needs he'll never win a Superbowl but then neither did Dan Marino

So there you go he is just like Marino. But Romo does have bad snaps and fumbles the ball. Marino didn't. He was a great QB
 srb272007
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/13/2009 5:16:28 PM
oh i wouldn't dare blame last years collapse on romo - injuries, t.o., and others contributing zero (pacman,tank,roy williams) - neither of the mannings nor tom brady could've done jack with that squad

but romo has definately come up wayyyy short in big time games other than the fumbled hold on the kick

so i would rather have eli because he has come up big in the opportunities he has had

its not whether eli would have won last year in dallas - but would romo have won in ny the year they beat the pats? i don't think so lol

one reason i pick ny is because of the defense - not just eli
everyone knows osi is coming back and th d - line is gonna be stacked, but their secondary has like 3 or 4 pro bowlers too

and i'm not predicting injuries - everything could change week 1 or even the preseason
this is just based on what i see right now

for the record i think the skins have every weapon needed for a super bowl except the quarterback so i pick them last in their own division - campbell really has to step up or get the clipboard out

go st.louis rams (it's gonna be a long year in the lou lol)
 Deed50
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:30:24 PM
I dont get the see the game at all their not showing it up here in Siberia
 MGMLION
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:58:20 PM
31-10 Raiders in the 3rd Qtr. Brad Johnson retires so Dallas picks up John Kitna, Wonder which one is the worst.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > ***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***