Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > ***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MGMLION
Msg: 101
***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***Page 5 of 142    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

is they suck now and so do u guys

GO VOLS!!!!!!

Nothing sucks more than a Big Orange!!!!!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 102
***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***
Posted: 8/20/2009 7:57:23 AM

You haven't heard me bashing the steelers in their own thread have you.
They don't have one.

They do have one it's just lost in the archives....

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1996899.aspx
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 7:57:36 AM
You haven't heard me bashing the steelers in their own thread have you.They don't have one.

They don't huh?

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9050737.aspx
 MGMLION
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:44:18 AM
Steel now has a thread of his own.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9050737.aspx
 MGMLION
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:50:40 AM

You haven't heard me bashing the steelers in their own thread have you.
They don't have one.

They do have one it's just lost in the archives....

More like flushed down the toilet.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 11:39:16 AM
Maybe this site might have a Cowboy Superbowl thread on here from 1996 burried way back in the archives somewhere that you can find. Oh wait, that's right, this site wasn't even around back then. Oops my bad.
 MGMLION
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:21:05 PM
Denny found you a Colts thread....Enjoy

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8563656.aspx
 MGMLION
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:38:28 PM
Tonights the night! Preseason football Titans vs Cowboys in Cowboys new Stadium
Just hope that I didn't rile the Titans players up to much a few days ago at training camp when I told them there are NO Fat Dallas Cowboys
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/21/2009 5:41:06 AM

Just curious MGM???... You will be rooting for the Cowboys right? Your loyalty was a little questionable last season
wow you noticed, I am not the only one then I say after this season when Dallas doesn't make the playoffs again MGM will be a Giant fan.
 MGMLION
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/21/2009 6:12:52 AM

Just curious MGM???... You will be rooting for the Cowboys right? Your loyalty was a little questionable last season

Yes............I hope the Cowboys win all their games
 MGMLION
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/21/2009 7:20:50 AM
JaC I need you to send me your cheerleading outfit to me First class for tonights home opener for the Dallas Cowboys in their new stadium. They do have close to the same colors but I will swap out the NY patch and replace it with a shiny blue star. I was wanting to do the splits and a couple of cart wheels when the Cowboys run out on the field.
 MGMLION
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:31:13 AM

I once dated this lady that was a Cowboy fan, and she used to do this trick with a golf ball and a garden hose ..............

You should have tried staying with her, she certainly was no Saint.
 MGMLION
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:52:13 AM

MGM in a cheerleader outfit loaned to him by JAC doing the splits and what not on the Cowboy field.... PRICELESS!!!

Deb for my Encore I will toss you up in the air and catch you on the way back down.
 MGMLION
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/21/2009 1:42:42 PM

good, iam glad u get it. the only atrocity is not winning a playoff game in 15 years, oh well maybe i will try harder to understand that, atleast we both have something to work on,lol

Why don't you keep repeating it another 15 consecutive times in a roll and just maybe we will all understand it. 15 years without a playoff win I don't understand it do you Deb?
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/21/2009 2:13:37 PM
Yeah but even 13 years is a life time to a fan's mindset

Wow I am not sure which game I should watch? Dallas or watch the Yankees kick Boston's arse. Guess at 8 I will be clicking the remote back and forth.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 3:57:28 PM

just messing with you, anyway just to show you that iam a nice person, i will wish you and your team the best of luck. they will need it,lol

That sentence just reeks of sarcasm......
 HDready10
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 8:27:55 PM
yea americas team finally won one

oh its still pre-season (yawn)
 Ezzee
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/22/2009 10:56:15 AM
Leave it to the "great" Dallas Cowboys to design the most perfect stadium EVER!!!!

The best thing that came out of the last Cowboys preseason game.

Punt hits video screen at new Cowboys Stadium

By Chris Chase

Spending $1.2 billion on a football stadium can get you a lot, but not apparently a good sense of how high to hang 2,100 inch video screens above the field.

At the debut of the new Dallas Cowboys' stadium last night, Tennessee Titans punter A.J. Trapasso kicked a ball that struck one of the gargantuan high-definition scoreboards that hang over the center of the field. Trapasso's punt sailed straight up and hit one of the two scoreboards that face the endzone. It deflected backward and was ruled in-play until Titans coach Jeff Fisher informed officials (who had been watching the players, not the ball) that the punt struck the scoreboard. By rule, the down was replayed.

Jerry Jones wasn't happy with the kick, not so much because he felt that somebody on his engineering team screwed up by placing the video boards too low, but because he seems to think that Trapasso was trying to hit the board on purpose. When asked whether he thought the scoreboard should be raised higher, Jones snapped:

"That's not the point. How high is high if somebody just wants to sit there and kick straight up?

"If you look at how you punt the football, unless you're trying to hit the scoreboard, you punt the ball to get downfield. You certainly want to get some hangtime, but you punt the ball to get downfield, and you sure don't punt the ball down the middle. You punt it off to the side."

Later, Jones reitirated that he would not be moving the scoreboard higher. Trapasso and the regular Titans punter, Craig Hentrich(notes), think that's a bad idea. Said Hentrich:

"I hit it probably a dozen times in pregame," Hentrich said. "Probably somewhere around a five-second punt is going to hit it and some of the guys in the league wouldn't be able to punt here if it's not raised, they'd just be non-stop hitting it. I don't know what the people were thinking. I guess they should have tested things out before they put that thing in place. It'll have to be raised."

Despite his dismissive response to the incident, Jerry Jones may have a point. Watching a replay of the kick, it sure does look like Trapasso is trying to boot the ball as high as he can, a method that punters usually only use on shorter punts designed to pin a team back. (The Titans kicked from their own 37-yard line, so Trapasso should have been trying more for length than height.)

That doesn't mean that directional punts won't find their way toward the "Jerrytron" this season. Even the Cowboys own punter, Mat McBriar(notes), thinks that a kick with a 4.9 second hangtime will strike the screen. If that happens more than once or twice, Jerry Jones and the Cowboys might find out that when it comes to video screens, bigger isn't is always better.

You know it's only a matter of time before the Cowboys start getting fined for this by the NFL for an improperly designed playing field.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 12:11:42 PM
If enough kickers complain about how the screen in the center is screwing up their punts Jones is going to have to move that screen higher. I mean you can design a staduim as big or as small as you want but all staduims must meet field regulations requirements and if the nfl goes in there and finds the screens to be too low then they are going to have to move it up higher.
 Deed50
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/22/2009 1:52:15 PM
^^^^^^^TO STEEL CITY I think the screen can be raised they said they are going to raise the screen 25 0r 50 feet for the U2 concert there later this year. Makes me wonder why its so low if it can be raised , maybe Jerry was showing it off for the fans
Awesome looking place though. My Friend went down to see a game last year and stopped in Arlington to see it apparently it has the abilty to roll in different fields for different sports . Baseball , soccer, football and even basketball
 Ezzee
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/22/2009 1:58:19 PM
As per the article I posted in regards to the scoreboard and Jerry Jones reaction to it:

Jerry Jones wasn't happy with the kick, not so much because he felt that somebody on his engineering team screwed up by placing the video boards too low, but because he seems to think that Trapasso was trying to hit the board on purpose. When asked whether he thought the scoreboard should be raised higher, Jones snapped:

"That's not the point. How high is high if somebody just wants to sit there and kick straight up?

"If you look at how you punt the football, unless you're trying to hit the scoreboard, you punt the ball to get downfield. You certainly want to get some hangtime, but you punt the ball to get downfield, and you sure don't punt the ball down the middle. You punt it off to the side."

Later, Jones reitirated that he would not be moving the scoreboard higher. Trapasso and the regular Titans punter, Craig Hentrich(notes), think that's a bad idea. Said Hentrich:

Jones said he isn't raising it, and he is blaming the punter. And apparently from the article, the punters were hitting the screen in pregame.

Like I said earlier, it'll only be a matter of time, in my opinion, before Jones is forced to either raise the screen or start being penalized by the NFL.
 Deed50
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/22/2009 2:04:35 PM
Trapasso did hit it on purpose in fact both punters were taking shots at it in the pregame show and Jerry was smiling and walked up and shook one of the punters hands. He didnt look pissed off to me................... but I bet he was , its his own fault if he leaves it that low. I can remember Ray Guy hitting a score board but forget where it was no one ever was able to do it but him back when he played
 Ezzee
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/22/2009 2:10:31 PM

Trapasso did hit it on purpose

Can you prove that he intentionally was aiming for the screen during the game thus hitting it on purpose?

Personally, I doubt it. That would be like saying that Jim Kelly purposefully threw four interceptions during one Super Bowl game.
 Deed50
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/22/2009 2:13:51 PM
Deb the more you try to defend our team or yourself the more there going to take shots at you. Let it ride I think its actually Quite humurous to say you actually hate a certain team I can see hating a player for something he did but a whole team

it's comical
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 2:24:36 PM
I don't think he was hitting it on purpose. I mean he hit the screen again during the game while trying to make a short punt. Does Jones not realize that you have to punt the ball high for short punts? Those punts have to be geometrically angled correctly in order to achieve an accurate ball placement. Apparently geometry wasn’t Jones strong suit in school or else he would have realized that.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > ***the official DALLAS COWBOYS thread***