Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Should i pay £1.90? Or leave it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should i pay £1.90? Or leave it?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
On saturday morning whilst sorting my mail out on the bog, i read a delivery note off the postman saying there were 3 letters down the depot needing my paw print. I thought hmm wasnt expecting anything off the net etc. Then i read down more.

the letters had no stamps etc, so i had to pay the £1.90 to read them!

im thinking who would send letters without postage?

has this happened to you?

would you let curiousaty get the better and pay? Bearing in mind they require a paw print or im i paranoid?

edit, msg3 dont all large firms and government agencies have mail franked? I know its not light bulbs as postie just leaves them in me porch.

edit 2 think you have to pay just to see who the sender is scints, if indeed there is a return addy.
 badge73
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Should i pay £1.90? Or leave it?
Posted: 8/10/2009 12:57:47 PM
The 1.90 is not the problem, its the thought of who would want to post something to me knowing they havent stamped/franked it. I know its not from anyone i know as they know im on a stick and would be real inconveniance, thinking about that, it could be someone being a twat!

edit might remind the postie about xmas nats lol your sitting outside my flat labdien lol never get any cards for my birthday sj lmao
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 3:45:50 PM
have posted stuff with no stamps to a company junk mailing me, A4 padded and stuffed with shredded junk mail is £10 an envelope

if was told that had to pay to receive mail would ignore it :)
 ~Hams~
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:05:51 PM

ts the thought of who would want to post something to me knowing they havent stamped/franked it

Maybe its 3 love letters from an ex girlfriend who has fallen on hard times and couldn't afford the stamps?
 badge73
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:22:22 PM
Lol at alan, im sure knowing you, your thinking of ways to get back at either your sis or the post, then again could be both pmpl

3 love letters hams? Most of ex bints have my number, but do say love an hate is a fine line and they do know im a tight git lol

you dont know redditch women kitten, its like tetris to them
 badge73
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:53:46 AM
Oh dear sjs you silly bint, told you to email them, not post them! What will the postmen think when he sees you and the shetland pony!

back on topic, last time i had a recorded delivery it was from the tv licence plebs, and still aint got one! Lol
 badge73
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:11:51 PM
What am i gonna do? .... I thought about it while having my fishfingers and chips and deceided to ring a mate whose a postman to have a look at any clues on the envelope, if that fails then they go back to sender lol

edit, now theres an offer foxy lol but in my short life time ive learned never sign for anything you dont know about. Anne summers? Thats so outdated i use ... Cough ... Lol
 Warrencraig
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 5:54:39 PM
Ive had this loads off DVLA when i had a lot of communication with them about my license being revoked for medical reasons and my subsequent appeal and later medical to get it back. Out of 9 letters they sent me, 4 had no postage on them and had to be collected.

Wouldnt surprise me if its a deliberate money saver for certain government agencys.

I resent paying it anyway and even more resent the fact that most of the cost is the stupid "handling charge" robbed by royal mail. Pathetic when you consider that if your not at home for a signed for letter/parcel, they dont charge you a penny to collect it at sorting office yet for unpaid mail they are charging you money for doing the same thing on top of the postage - not forgetting that said letter hasnt been in the delivery van to and from house before ending up at sorting office for you.
 badge73
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 10:05:25 AM
Can finally put the subject at rest lol went down the main sorting office with me piece of paper, handed it over to the postie who came back with 3 plain envelopes, no return addy or nothing to say who its from. I asked the postie what he thought and he agreed with me that it was prob junk. I asked where they gonna send it and he said it gets sent to ireland, where they open it lol

such a big anti-climax!!
 bexonlegs
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 10:11:49 AM
Big anti climax

Yep....story of my life!
 badge73
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 10:28:09 AM
I knew the forum was waiting with baited breath and none of you were sleeping at night.

i did save 1.90 but went to sainsburys next door and overspent a bit lol but always wonder what was in those letters .... It could of been 583 quid or a blonde haired polish girl offering her body with her 2 cousins joining in at weekends ... But ive thrown it away!

edit, well swedish would be better nats, as when im finished i can fold them up and put in the cupboard next to the ironing board! Lol
 badge73
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 11:29:39 AM
Ive a lot of time for the post service aitche, and they earn there money and some more. There jobs have been mucked around with plus facing job cuts to. Ive a friend who works as a postie and always goes the extra yard for those on his round if he can. People dont realise how much works involved but they do face competition from the net but also business from it to.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Should i pay £1.90? Or leave it?