Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DocElffington
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What's up with the Taken profiles?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
OP: I don't hide it because I don't feel I have to.

Plus it annoys people like you.

But also, I think it may be encouraging to come across success stories now and again.

Maybe even get a look at the profile that got em hooked/see what worked for them!

In any case, BrightestBlue is my success story and happily ever after!
 barbee1970
Msg: 16
What's up with the Taken profiles?
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:06:41 AM
But why does "not single/not looking" keep viewing my profile? I don't want his baggage.
 arwen52
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:29:17 PM
I never check who has been viewing my profile. For all I know, some online stalker has been looking at it five times a day. What do I care?

Some folks are here for the forums. I've often checked a person who has posted's profile. I may want to know how old they are or where they are located before I post a response or I may want to send them a response that is not public so I'll message them directly. If their profile is hidden, I can't do it.

Unless someone is contacting you and bothering you, why would you care? And if they do, you can block them. Simple.
 GMan85615
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:54:19 PM
Huh.

Mine isn't hidden because I do participate in the forums, and I welcome emails from folks who want to discuss the topic further.

My girlfriend knows about it and continues to participate in other forums as well.

Why do you care? Is it a personal affront that someone isn't available to you? Online dating gonna be a long pull for you if that's the case.
 strollinbella
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:11:27 AM
I am not angry at all, but surprised!! I have received far more inquiries since changing my status than I ever had before doing so. My curiosity is piqued, so I look at the man's profile just to see who this person is who would be more interested in me now than he was when I was single.

If you were to look at my profile you would see there is no anger present at all in the notation re the change in my status.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >