Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EvilLolli
Msg: 42
view profile
History
How is Having Unprotected Sex NOT Trying to Get Pregnant?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I also think that many women who get pregnant while claiming to have been on the pill, and keep the child, also got pregnant on purpose. If they didn't get pregnant on purpose, they would have had abortions or put their children up for adoption or they wouldn't have gotten pregnant at all.

I have to disagree w/ this statement. The pill is by no means 100%. Add in the fact that MANY doctors who prescribe the pill do NOT advise their patients of the various ways the pill can be voided(like vitamins, supplements, presciption antibiotics, etc.). If a woman was taking the pill, following the directions and still got pregnant it is her choice to keep the kid or not. Abortion, adoption, and keeping the child are all an individual's choice. Not every woman is able to abort or give up a child-regardless if they intended to get pregnant.

The woman who has constant unprotected sex, with no care or worry of pregnancy until "oops" happens is a moron or deeply in denial. They may have been just been trying to get laid, but their lack of awareness of the consequences for their actions is no excuse for the results.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 47
view profile
History
How is Having Unprotected Sex NOT Trying to Get Pregnant?
Posted: 8/12/2009 10:57:26 AM
Potentially not what you meant...

I went off chemical birthcontrol before getting married... for several reasons. Mostly because he wasn't around and we were not having sex regularly at that point. When we did have sex, we used condoms. When we got married... I don't remember at what point we stopped using the condoms, started using NFP or counting the days. Because my cycle was very regular it was a good method for us... but again, we were married and decided that if we should happen to get pregnant, it wouldn't be a horrible thing... we just weren't actively trying to get pregnant.

Both my pregnancies were planned... well in advance, discussed, charted, thought out and actively pursued. And yet both were a big surprise when they happened.

With my current relationship, we again stopped using condoms at some point last year... and again relied on NFP. This time, however, not as reliable because my cycle has changed... and eventually we decided that something needed to change. It has... and now we don't worry about pregnancy anymore.
 catybabe78
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/14/2009 6:44:18 PM
Easy if u dont want to get pregnant where a condom or use birth control. A women can help with birth control. Everyone does it once in a while with out the condom. If u get pregnant dont cry u asked for it . And no its doesnt mean u want a baby,sex just feels better without it. u both know what can happen so dont say she is just trying to keep u .I hate it when guys say that about women . Its not always true.
 Miss W
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/10/2009 9:14:59 PM
You do have men who are too "macho" for condoms and women who will do absolutely anything to "please" and "keep" a man...any man...then you have those who are older who think that nothing can "happen" to them because they can no longer give birth but end up with an std from some smooth talker.
 plays_outside
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/10/2009 11:10:13 PM
It is such a funny thing...I have friends that are married...they tried for months to get prego....months! Unprotected sex and they couldn't do it.

It seems like when you don't want it to happen...it happens. When you want it to happen...it won't happen.

I read this interesting study from the 90's...they were originally doing AIDS research. An unrelated outcome of their study was there was no sperm in precum...however they said much more research needed to be done to substantiate this.

Just imagine...for a minute...that this was completely true! That would be interesting.
 plays_outside
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/11/2009 5:42:59 AM
Yeah, that method can fail if you have already came...wait a few hours and the go at it again. Pretty important to take a pee between if you want to use that method.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/11/2009 6:14:42 AM

My g/f and I are NOT trying to get pregnant, but we wouldn't be desperate if she became pregnant. Neither one of us has a lot of money, but we love each other and both want children at some point in the future. Neglected children?? You don't need a lot of money to raise a child. The perfect combination is a loving couple who wants children and will do anything to help their children and make the relationship work. With this combination the couple and resulting family is always adaptable.

Fully aware of the consequences, ready to deal with consequences, we choose to have unprotected sex because it is very natural, and it ensures both of us are having sex for the right reasons - love, togetherness etc.

May sound a little sappy for some. Others who have been burned will think I am crazy. Oh well....
 slybandit
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/11/2009 6:32:46 AM
Well, the filmmaker Mike Judge has already explored the long term consequences of this particular trend.

The film is called "Idiocracy" and it's available on DVD. (Full Disclosure: this poster has no relationship, financial or otherwise, with Mike Judge.)

If you just accept a few basic premises, you can see where we are headed.

1. Basic intelligence is substantially heritable. There is a lot of variation, nutrition and environment can also have huge effects, but there's a genetic component. Breed two dumb people, get dumb children. Breed two smart people, get smart children. Breed a dumb person and a smart person, get (fill in punchline of your choice here).

2. Proper use of contraception requires (1) an appreciation of consequences and a capacity for taking practical action in the present to plan for the future, (2) a willingness to take that action, (3) somewhat more basic intelligence than tying one's shoes, so as to figure out how to use the contraception (Grover says roll the sock onto the banana, kids).

3. People who lack 2(1), 2(2) or 2(3) will have more children than those who have all of those three qualities.

Yes people, the soap opera of the future will be the Young & the Reckless.

Don't bother paying up your RRSPs and 401K's. In the future, math will be "hard", and while the National Deficit will more accurately refer to grey matter, it will be better known as a ska-core band.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >