Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cargy.
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was silly enough to let a woman drive once.

Never again!
 Loose_end
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 4:48:15 AM
I do recall a time getting a bit lost in the metropolis known as Birmingham, once.

I wanted to head North towards Manchester for some reason (maybe i was crazy) and instead of getting on the M6 i ended up on the M1.........It was about when i got to Sheffield i thought maybe its time to hang a left somewhere. I told the person i was visiting i'd probably be about 90 mins. 5 hours later i'm still crawling over the peak district behind a caravan.
 oggers
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 5:22:33 AM
Its a funny thing when you mention the Middle Lane Owners Club, everyone moans about them, but no-one NO-ONE will admit to being one of them ...

I would LOVE someone who permanently sits in the middle lane to come and explain why they have chosen to waste about £ 5 million per mile by effectively turning a three lane motorway into a two lane one.....

Silly mistakes ?
Moi ?
Noooo, of course not.

Well except for the time I rolled gently into the back of the car in front at a junction . A traffic cop as it turns out ....... and then there was the time when ................
 Cargy.
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:38:03 AM
Hmmmm.... It's not the ones you get away with that you need to worry about!
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 9:24:40 AM
I was stuck holding up a long train of traffic at a 4-way stop just outside Johannesburg for about 7 minutes before I realised that you had to anticipate a gap appearing between mini-busses, (it was my first attempt and no one had told me) close your eyes and go for it, only to kangaroo the hired Bucky into the middle of the crossing and be hit by two busses......full of angry passengers wanting to get home.. Luckily the police turned up who after threatening to arrest me were happy to receive a charitable donation towards the school fees for their children and rant at the bus drivers whilst I disappeared.
Moral..

Always carry plenty of cash.

Ruffy

xx
 oggers
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:34:23 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ahem.. sorry

I made a rather silly error navigating on a car rally one night trying to go through a ford that was flooded after a week of rain .. we ( OK OK .. I ) didnt collect a route amendment that was supposed to tell us to avoid the said ford .

We should have realised as we nosed gingerly into the crossing and the water came over the bonnet and the car tried to float downstream ...... My driver got out and eventually phoned his mate with a 4 x 4
" I think we have flooded the carburettor ... "

Fair play to those who have admitted being middle lane oggers .... I daresay that you wont mind me waving enthusiastically to you as I pass !!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:24:43 PM
Have you every done anything really silly in your driving career?

As the get away driver during a bank raid I once left one of my gang behind at the scene
and didn't realise my silly mistake until we had got back to our hideout that he was missing.
He wasn't best amused at having to pay 1.20 to get the bus back either as he'd forgotten his freedom pass.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 6:10:00 PM
redee2tryagain - most people wont have a problem with people not moving over to lane 1 in busy traffic as you describe.

Its the complete f*cking morons who just sit in the middle lane for no good reason when lane 1 is almost empty that p*ss people off.

If people use the motorway lanes in accordance with the highway code then there would be no major issues. In fact if most drivers made the effort to follow the highway code as much as possible then there would be lots less problems than we have now!!! Sadly most of the inconsiderate drivers you meet fully know the highway code but choose to ignore it or convieniently ditched it after passing thier test. its all about mental attitude and funnily enough the general selfish mental attitude that prevails in majority of society today stretches into driving too.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >