Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ahem.. sorry

I made a rather silly error navigating on a car rally one night trying to go through a ford that was flooded after a week of rain .. we ( OK OK .. I ) didnt collect a route amendment that was supposed to tell us to avoid the said ford .

We should have realised as we nosed gingerly into the crossing and the water came over the bonnet and the car tried to float downstream ...... My driver got out and eventually phoned his mate with a 4 x 4
" I think we have flooded the carburettor ... "

Fair play to those who have admitted being middle lane oggers .... I daresay that you wont mind me waving enthusiastically to you as I pass !!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:24:43 PM
Have you every done anything really silly in your driving career?

As the get away driver during a bank raid I once left one of my gang behind at the scene
and didn't realise my silly mistake until we had got back to our hideout that he was missing.
He wasn't best amused at having to pay 1.20 to get the bus back either as he'd forgotten his freedom pass.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Silly driving mistakes!
Posted: 8/11/2009 6:10:00 PM
redee2tryagain - most people wont have a problem with people not moving over to lane 1 in busy traffic as you describe.

Its the complete f*cking morons who just sit in the middle lane for no good reason when lane 1 is almost empty that p*ss people off.

If people use the motorway lanes in accordance with the highway code then there would be no major issues. In fact if most drivers made the effort to follow the highway code as much as possible then there would be lots less problems than we have now!!! Sadly most of the inconsiderate drivers you meet fully know the highway code but choose to ignore it or convieniently ditched it after passing thier test. its all about mental attitude and funnily enough the general selfish mental attitude that prevails in majority of society today stretches into driving too.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >