Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Single moms and pictures of their kids on profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chromelove08
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Single moms and pictures of their kids on profilePage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok well i guess that's how you guys feel but i don't. It's not like anyone knows where i live or anything. I have a pic of my son wherever i go. That's just how i am. I love to take pics because i love photography. If you think its wrong or bad for a woman to have a pic of her child on her profile then that's cool but not how i feel.
 MikeWM
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Single moms and pictures of their kids on profile
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:02:06 AM
People might not know where you live, and infact most of us probably dont even live in the same country as you

But how do you know how many POF members you might walk past on the street in a month? Infact unless I'm mistaken you can view profiles on here and quite a bit of the message boards even if youre not a member

They might not even have a photo displayed, but they could easily recognise you

Theres a thread at the moment about people seeing other POF members they dont know whilst out and about and obviously that will only apply to the ones where you have seen their photos and assuming they even have one to begin with

So imagine for a moment that someone on here without a photo recognises you because they thought our kids looked hot and decided to follow you

Perhaps a 1 in a million chance. Maybe less

But as no prospective partner "needs" to know what your kids look like is it really worth taking that chance

After all, its yout that has chosen to be on the site, not your kids
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/5/2011 5:54:20 PM
You may have pics of your kids in your wallet, your phone, your iPod, but those places are not visible to strangers 24/7.

Go to a specialty shop and put a vinyl decal of your kids on the hood of your car, so everyone in town can see your kids everywhere you go, even when you're not in your car....NOW THAT'S WHAT YOUR PROFILE IS DOING.

Do you understand the difference? There's quite the jump from listening to The Beatles on your iPod and having them give a concert on the roof of a building where everyone has to listen to it or "get back to where you once belonged..."
 chromelove08
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 6:01:05 PM
I live in the deep woods so i don't run into alot of people anyway. The only people i see is at the store and i have known them for years. Only seen one guy from pof at a bar and grill and i've been on here for at least a few years.
 Wh1te_Rabb1t
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/5/2011 8:22:55 PM
I think anyone worried about posting kids' pics in a dating profile because it's 'public' needs to get a reality check. Facebook, MySpace and all of these other social websites have hundreds of photos that can be much more personal than ANything you see on a dating website, and hundreds of thousands of people have those photos as publicly shared albums, as well as used for their primary profile images, so even if they block sharing their albums, their primary photo is still there for anyone to see.

Just because this dating site is primarily dedicated to dating, people seem to link the deviant players strictly to sex perversion when it really DOES NOT MATTER WHAT SITE YOU'RE ON. Public IS Public.

Personally I prefer people to be honest about themselves as much as possible. If you say you have kids and don't post pics, I would hope you'd be open to at least say how old they are. I don't really care if they are boys or girls, but how many, and how old they are means a lot towards figuring out what kind of family social situation you are dealing with.

If you really, really don't want people to know your family situation - first and foremost, you are not being honest - not lying, but not being completely honest - second, if you don't want people to know who you are in real life, DON'T USE YOUR DATING PROFILE PICS FOR YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE. Duh.
 chinadol6977
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 10:27:00 PM
There are plenty of dads who have their kids in their profile..I don't think that it's a good look,but it's a lot better than the ones with the ex wives,girlfriends or ex boyfriends in the pictures...Yes,I have received messages were the guy is all up on some chick,they don't get a reply back...
 FloridaRes123
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/8/2013 2:30:42 AM
Yeah, and the whole "Selfie" picture taken in a bathroom mirror with the kid on her hip doesn't help her cause. lol.
 onlythegooddieyoung13
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/27/2013 11:54:28 AM
Even if you do like kids and will accept others' kids, this is a sign of a bad mother. You don't post pics of your kids on a dating site for all to see. That's just irresponsible!
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/27/2013 4:40:20 PM
They probably want to remind men on the site that they are mothers. And I value that. I have seen women act like they are not moms. No pictures of their kids anywhere on their facebook..etc. You wouldn't have known unless if you asked. Same for some men.
 Maleman999
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/27/2013 6:53:33 PM

They probably want to remind men on the site that they are mothers. And I value that.

Is the only possible way to say they are mothers is to post pictures of the kids? How about putting a statement in their profile saying they are a mother? Contrary to popular belief and mythology, men read profiles if they see someone they might fancy.
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/27/2013 7:00:52 PM
Sure, but I have dated a man that stated he had children on his profile, but when it came to dating. Never once was the children mentioned. He never had pictures of them anywhere. Not even on facebook. I never saw them. As far as I knew, he didn't even see them or visit them. Some parents are like that. They don't even acknowledge the children they have in their lives. I'm sure if he had the choice, he wouldn't have been a father at all. They act like a single person that has never had any children. At least some people are proud that they have children.
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/27/2013 7:23:18 PM
It's a bad idea. Parents should NOT post any photos of minors on any dating site. I have no idea why anyone (especially a mother) would want to expose their children online. I'm surprised POF allows approval of such photos.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/27/2013 8:35:11 PM
Personally, I would NEVER post any pictures of my kids on any dating site. One reason is the obvious, privacy. Another reason is my oldest is 19 and has some friends who are on PoF. One of her guy friends already called me a MILF.....which I had no clue what that was.....I do now....yikes! In any case, I prefer to keep my kids off online dating with me. With that said, I don't begrudge anyone else who does it.....to each his/her own. I just think people need to be careful with posting pics of their kids as there are a lot of weirdos out there who probably download these photos.
 greshamgirl30
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/28/2013 10:53:55 AM
men do it too honey, it's really creepy putting kids out there like that. I think people do it to say to potential partners that the kids come with them and its a package deal pretty much. I don't have kids so i really don't know but thats the assumption
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Single moms and pictures of their kids on profile