Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Soul Union
Msg: 72
Why are benefits staff always so arrogant.?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Let me put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Benefit staff are not told what their position is, and therefore assume that their job role is different from what it truly is.They are trustees there to SERVE the beneficiaries
There is a clue in the name. BENEFITS are given to Beneficiaries. The benefits they are given come from Grantors, Trustees do not "own" the money although they act as if they do, they are entrusted with the job of benefiting the Beneficiaries .
If they talk down to you, remind them of their role. It's Trust law. You don't need to grovel and beg for your benefit if you are a beneficiary. They have a duty of care. .......They just don't want you to know it, hence the media making out every beneficiary is a low life sponger. --- greattomeetya

I knew a man back in Glasgow in the Eighties, a 'character,' if there ever was one. He was on the dole for years. He and his wife were 'huge' people, I mean really obese. Whenever they went out, people would say: "Uh, here come Large and Large."

They weren't criminals, they didn't break into people's houses, they didn't cheat and steal. They were simply on the dole. Nobody would hire Eddie. He was about 20 stones, and he kinda 'waddled' along at a snail's pace.

Anyway, Eddie knew a few people, and one of those people was a Department of Health and Social Security officer in Glasgow. It used to be called the DHSS before everything crashed and turned to shit, splintering into a million factions so complicated you need a counsellor to make a phone call to these people.

Anyway, the officer told Eddie about how there are "billions" of pounds of benefits unclaimed, and that they go out of their way to ensure that claimants don't get to hear about them. This may have changed since I was there. Billions of pounds we're talking about.

A major documentary was made back in the Sixties or Seventies. What happened was, a British MP, a woman, posed as being destitute. The authorities gave her a name, a social security number, a tax base history - the whole nine yards. There was no trace of her life as an MP. Anyway, she turned up at the DHSS office in a Glasgow surburb with her bank book and other ID to prove that she had nothing and was desperate. She had run away from her abusive husband in Manchester. She was in 'hiding' and desperately needed help - a house, some financial aid, perhaps counselling. She had no job. She had no relatives she could depend on. A hidden camera followed her around . . .

You wouldn't believe how difficult the DHSS staff made her life. This was a sincere, genuine, authentic case, a woman down on her luck through no fault of her own (albeit a 'fictionalised' character, documented in every way), and the coldness, the almost what-do-you-expect-from-us attitude she received, the runaround, it was so disheartening. I wanted to reach out myself and take her into my family home. It was so real.

The documentary scandalised the DHSS system and those who operate in that system.

The MP - ah, forget the 'MP' - the woman spoke later about her ordeal, saying it was the hardest, most humiliating, roughest situation she had ever been in. And this is a woman we are talking about, not a man.

Was anything done since those years? Was anything actually done? I don't don't know, but from what I am reading here I don't think so. It's the same old mentality, the Them-and-Us game, with a big fence between us all.

We are barbaric at times in this world of ours. We just haven't a clue when, really, we are all rowing the same boat.

Best wishes to all.

- Peter
 doctordeelite
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Why are benefits staff always so arrogant.?
Posted: 2/7/2013 12:42:59 AM
Easy to say when we have 50 people chasing every job. Someone's fallen for this government's habitual 'divide and rule' policy hook, line and sinker
 phonixmusic
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:46:53 PM
benefit staff are probably using the same survival instincts as me.

Which survival instinct is that? The one that says 'The more people we help to get back to work, the fewer Job Centre staff are required."?
 phonixmusic
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:52:45 PM
its cos they have to deal with lazy sods who blatantly flout our great benefits system, theyve become hateful from deling with people who dont want find work but sit at home takin drugs and watching jeremy kyle and loose women

When will you stop allowing the media to dictate to you what you should think?
Grow a few braincells of your own please.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >