Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The most important virtue over 60...for women and men.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 51
The most important virtue over 60...for women and men.Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The most important virtue for anyone, at any age..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." And do it with a sense of humor.
Cindy O
 aaamm
Msg: 52
The most important virtue over 60...for women and men.
Posted: 8/16/2009 5:35:55 PM
Ahhh Cindy you are a sage!
 lipotufu
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:45:05 PM
flowerforce ...... yes compassion. it's interesting that our cultured and religious world has had to create the virtue of compassion when you and i, if we can just relax in our selves in with another person, compassion disappears in favor of a healthy and holy life. i'm healthy and beautiful in my own way but my health and beauty expands in a loving relationship. the taoists ..... lao tzu & chuang tzu ..... knew when they wrote about yin and ying, up an down, night and day. there is a lovely photo book ..... homage to the himalayas ..... by a french photographer, olivier follmi, in which i see faces among the poverty and frozen climate and easy buddhism that i've never seen here, among us. there's a lesson for us in these lovely faces.
 LilyLace
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:46:44 PM
Wisdom...to not play games. Treat others as you like to be treated...
 lipotufu
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/18/2009 8:16:11 PM
force of flowers ..... life is a river, if we can believe the taoists, and life is a dance. a river dance. i care about you, which is the first note of the song. when the river begins as a trickle flowing from a tarn nestled among ice peaks, it is still a river, it is still itself. i have compassion for you without ever knowing you. i look at your photo and i see beauty and depth and poetry. compassion flows from that.
 wacowboy3
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:46:14 AM
"Faith , Hope, and Love ." The greatest of these is Love.
I am still trying to figure out how I got this damn old . LOL
Some of the things I have learned in my live is that ,you cannot fix people , just love them for who they are . Someone said that courage is the most important viture. I sadly find that virtue lacking in lots of women my age. Lots say that they want love and companionship , but are too afraid of commitment. I am not the man that cheated on you. I am not the man that played with your emotions. Move on and give me a chance to love you. I know that sounds like its easy , and I realize that for some it is not, but at least for myself , I refuse to believe that love and having a relationship at this age is not impossible. We have all been hurt in past relationships , but mine are in the past , and I still look forward to meeting that woman, who has the courage to put past realtionships in the past, and moves on with the belief that there is someone out there that is not out to use them, but just to love them. So perhaps, courage , love , and humor are all important. Steve
 ankkka
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/13/2009 9:14:48 AM
"Faith,hope and love"...the fundamental virtues of the spiritual life of secular Franciscan...

But love...as virtue...can be even worst than curse...bad love...controlling etc.
 1GenerousMan
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:22:58 PM
To finally be damn honest about everything and stop going along with the masses just to get along. Tell it like it is and stop the BS!
 ankkka
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/14/2009 1:22:46 PM
Are you honest...or just ordinary cynical?
I like cynical people...all kinds of people!
 LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:01:54 PM
Being down to earth and having no illusions about where they are at in their lives. Doesn't matter if they are the most active, fit, and healthy people you know. I'm all for being young at heart. But they'd better have a grip on the fact that it's soon going to be the bottom of the ninth inning and there's no extras in this game.
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/14/2009 5:25:35 PM
Charecter.........
and I reiterate..
male OR female..
your CHARECTER....... says it ALL..!!
---SoldierByte---
 daffie
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/14/2009 9:58:50 PM
virtuous...

it's such a "holier than thou" term to describe people of our age...to me it evokes thoughts of a prim, proper lifestyle...

booooring!

this in no way describe's me...
although upon reflection i have nearly another year to kowtow and conform to the expectations of the lifeless over 60s...
 GKIRISHRED
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/15/2009 6:50:55 PM
Tolerance and forgiveness. Love of ones self. Does not matter your age.
 kari135
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:17:08 PM
I agree with the Byte. Character.

And I'll add the willingness to stand up for or hold out for whatever you believe is the right thing.
 crystal_light1111
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:55:11 AM
That's a tough one OP....I think virtue should be it's own reward
 Gaddflye
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:57:47 PM
How about continuing to maintain continence and not becoming incontinent?
 ankkka
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:55:29 PM
Patience...great virtue...however...I'm not patience.
All my life...I hate to stay on the line...or wait for something.Right now...or never mind.
 MondoVman
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:23:26 PM
ME ME Leona, look closer at the dude on ladyroseella's shoulder. He's obviously on his death bed, and her front and back 40 haint been plowed a good while (or is it whilst?).
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:57:33 PM
H-O-N-E-S-T-Y!
 rustytraveler
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 12:01:01 AM
Oldfolkie said it best:
It is a tough question! I think that I would have to say "humor". If you can laugh at your quirks and foibles, and smile at those of your partner, then life is much better. Humor includes the concept of tolerance, acceptance and even wisdom, at least to me.
A smile can go a very long ways in smoothing the rough patches inevitable in any relationship.

If you've got this.... it means all the other bases have been covered .
But it always amazes me how little of it there is around and how full of themselves a lot of folks are, some really don't live and learn .
 wacowboy3
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/13/2009 10:08:48 AM
I have no idea. You would think that honest , faithfulness, fun , the ability to not want to change someone would all be virtues ladies of 60 would be looking for . I see many who list the above and more. Are ladies in there late 50's and up resigned to living alone? Steve
 mirabelle13
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/13/2009 10:35:03 AM
^^^^^
Probably. Can't speak for everyone, though.

On Topic

Compassions
 Vannili
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 10:41:57 AM

I just wonder.... what is the most important virtue for pople over 60... for men and women? Responsibility?Wisdom,Tolerance? Humor Something else?
I think ...at my age the most important virtue is kindness... for men and women.

I already have these virtues at the age of 24 ,kindness, tolerance,responsibility,wisdom, humor ....Now that I am 3 years shy away to be 60 the most important virtue for me is SMILING ... Smiling through my arthiritist,cholesterol,high blood pressure........
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 10:59:27 AM
where's passion? hadn't thought of that the last time i posted here. passion for living life, others, good deeds, achieving one's goals with a zest--or as an energy to recoup or ride out of the downslope of a wave. then, of course, there is the more personal kind of passion. it is all a form of energy. i think all energy of this sort would be positive. i wonder what the opposite of passion would conjure up. i doubt it would have any virtue in it. as to applying to our age group, it would be the ablity to "sustain" passion and not give up.
 FarmExe
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/13/2009 11:49:59 AM

what is the most important virtue for people over 60...for men and women?Responsibility?Wisdom?Tolerance?Humor?Something else?

Should have all, live a healthy and happy life, and don't get retarded! There are some retarded people who are over 60 but tell they are young like 40s...

...Smiling through my arthiritist,cholesterol,high blood pressure

You know what food is good for you. I read some study from my native language, eating onions may be good for lowering one's high cholesterol.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The most important virtue over 60...for women and men.