Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is she too young for me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 southaustingal
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Is she too young for me?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I loved Compensation's 19 year old wisdom but one statement stood out.

What if she doesn't immediately fall into step behind you, eagerly sucking up the "wisdom" of your old age?

She stated that your 41 years of age is "old" age. That is how 20 somethings looks at 40 somethings so don't kid yourself that she sees you differently.

What I think is that it depends entirely on the two people and what they bring to the mix. I think Landra makes some valid points on some of the not-so-pretty motivations men have for dating younger girls and you need to make sure this isn't some kind of ego-boosting trip for you. On the flip side, 21 year old girls who want to date someone 19 years older may have their own bagage. A daddy complex, the thrill of dating one of her dad's business partner or a gold digger are a few that come to mind.
So like with any relationship regardless of age, dip a toe in and take it slow while unraveling what is really underneath.

The main thing about this whole thread that my butt is the mud slinging at older women and taking broad strokes with a very biased paint brush. We all age and how we age is very unique. At my very advanced age of almost 53, I can tell you I am a happier, less jaded, more accepting, more open, enjoying life to the fullest kind of old fart. I detest bitterness, take responsibility for my own happiness and create joy every chance I get. I figure if you stay positive you attract positive and I have kicked up my old hippie heels with a peace, love and understanding state of mind. I have more fun now because I now have the money and no young children in order to have more fun. You will find me at any great concert, traveling where I want to go and all with a smile on my face. I can enjoy watching my 14 play football as much as I do spending time with my 86 year old mother and can appreciate people of all ages. When it comes to men I know it will take someone secure and unique to keep up with me no matter the age. I keep my heart and mind open and know that if I want to find love then I have to be willing to seek it out and be open when I find it. So I am not a man-hater, could not care less if men in my age group want to date 20 years younger and don't find reasons to pick some one apart without even knowing them. So as far as you old women bashers....
 RumRunner300
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/11/2010 9:38:02 PM
There is chronological age, then there is actual age.

If you take care of yourself physically, have good genes, and a youthful, energetic, (but not immature) outlook on life,
then you are really younger than your 41 years.

If you are grossly overweight, wheezing, huffing, puffing, wrinkled, and sickly,
it's unlikely a woman of any age would be turned on to a mess like that.

At 41, you could be a divorcee, father of children,
thus be considered by society as socially mature,
or be a lifelong swinging bachelor, once again younger than your 41 years.

22 year old women can be like 15 year old girls
(i.e., any girl attenting San Diego State, or any girl living off her parents),
or 22 year old women can be mature and grown up.

At age 37, I dated a 23 year old, but she had been in the workforce for 5 years,
was independent, and sophisticated.

We were at the same maturity level.

A friend of mine at 42, never been married, looked and acted 32, met and married
a 22 year old girl, very mature, talented, employed, acted like she was 30 years old.

In general, if you mutually turn eachother on, go for it.

One more thing:
22 year olds vote, serve in the military, and pay taxes, so they are adults,
though some don't want to extend their childhood.
 onefishwilldo
Msg: 64
Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/12/2010 5:07:59 PM
What can you possibily have in common with her? She probably after you for financial security reasons. And if you need "arm candy" go for it. She may dump you after a few years And hook up with a man her age.
 R2000
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/12/2010 6:52:29 PM
Thread number 15884 asking if it's OK for old dudes to bang young chicas.

Can you do it? For every older dude that can actually attract women half his age, there are a couple hundred or thousand creepers with attitudes like those Celeste described.

Why do you care? If you can do it, why would you care what a bunch of random people on the intrawebz thingy think? I mean, if you're ripped and sportin a sixpack, how likely is it that you're on forums asking whether it's OK to do what you've been doing??

Didn't think so.
 oldperv58
Msg: 66
Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/14/2010 10:06:16 AM
No she is not,soceity says a 13 year old is considered an adult when it comes to theaters,resturants,and a few other places,then told they're minors for anything else,so that is where the too young comes in,over 18 is not too young,eventhough eighteen has the " teen " in it,they are considered adults. Now if the law decideds to make 20 the minimum age , then there are more problems,in short,over 18 is not too young as long as you both are happy,and enjoy your selves... sorry about the drawn out survey,but there u go. My wife is 28, I'm 58,so what r u worried about,I'm called a perv,baby f,er,cradle robber,but her mom is ok with it as we are happy.
 Applette
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/14/2010 11:33:53 AM
It is highly unlikely that her parents had anything to do with her dumping you! You are trying to save your ego and it is very apparent ... fickled to some degee? ... lacking in maturity? .. you make me want to puke all over your sandels!!!!!!
 want to travel
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/25/2010 7:10:41 AM
ok all you haters,
it just so happens that there was a 20 year age difference between my mom and dad
they had a great marriage, and they where great parents
my mom was career minded, and my dad had to share the domestic side of rais
ing 3 kids
there parents did not accept there marriage at first
they had a lot of respect for each other, and to be honest, i have never seen 2 people love each other more then they did
none of us there children ever had anything to do with anyone much younger then us
age really does not make a difference, neither does race, size and shape or wealth,love either happens or it does not
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is she too young for me?