Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CheezyChick
Msg: 116
Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I'm not sure what Utopia and taxes have any business being in the same sentence let alone thread...and have absolutely no business posting in a topic to which I have not a clue...but felt completely compelled to add that Utopia is a matter of mind, heart and soul...and has nothing to do with reality...unless you live in Disneyland with Mickey and Minnie Mouse...

ps...I only read the first and last post....so ...yeah...
 JustDukky
Msg: 117
Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?
Posted: 10/7/2009 9:36:59 PM
I was gonna start my own society, called "The Brotherhood of Man" based on what John Lennon "Imagine"d. The premise would be simple. Society members would place themselves under the jurisdiction of unwritten natural law (1 commandment: Do no harm) and hold ALL their rights, with the agreement that they would strive to protect and defend those same rights for everyone else (those are the duties that come with rights).

I may yet start that society, but I see a lot of potential in another one that is pretty much as I'd envisioned mine. It is still in the formation process and I'd like to help them build it, so I'm joining it.
http://worldfreemansociety.org

I really believe that this society, or one very much like it will soon replace the corporate de facto (illegitimate) government now running Canada. I picture people leaving corporate Canada in droves to join a freer, more just society, where all men & women are self-governing brothers & sisters, equal before the law, working together for the common purpose of making the land a land to be proud of.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/7/2009 9:40:48 PM
Wow...right on brother.....

Sounds perfectly.....Utopian.....I'd like an invite to the opening ceremonies....
 JustDukky
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/8/2009 12:57:57 AM
@ Muse
It wouldn't be much of a secret if I posted it here, now would it?

you grew up on one of those 60's commune farms

Nope! I could never picture life much more than a block or two from an all-nite Seven Eleven.

smoked a lot of pot

I pretty well quit by the time I was 16. (and I HATE that skunk smelling sh¡t they smoke today!)

had some trippy LSD visions

I lost two years of my life in near psychosis to that crap! (well, OK...it was probably an STP, DMT, LSD****ail mixed with other floor sweepings from the lab)

danced in a field of wild daisies every day at sunset

You left out drunk, naked and only in the warmer weather!

your real name is Rainbow Soleil Zappa

My favorite song when I was young was "Who Are the Brain Police?", but Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica" was my favorite album.

Actually, when I was young, I was kind of a fascist, politically speaking (sort of like a skinhead before there were skinheads) and I advocated nuclear war as a solution to the "useless eater problem". I used to tear down "Che" posters and pick fights with "commies"...I think I've mellowed over the years ...
 JustDukky
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:08:27 AM

I don't remember most of the 80's.

I did the time warp thing and stayed in 1969. That was my Utopian age...It has to be; I don't remember a damn thing! I don't remember the 70's, 80's or 90's either, but that was only because they were boring & I didn't pay attention to them. Senility was setting in after about 2000, so I don't remember much before this morning....?...What were we talking about?
Ahh...To hell with it...I just hope I had enough presence of mind to stock the fridge with cold beer....I need my breakfast...
 Super_Eve
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/10/2010 1:35:16 AM
Oh...with all of the good vibes going around, I thought it might be interesting to revive this thread...

Utopia...what would that look like?
 ea®ly
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/10/2010 2:58:26 AM

Utopia...what would that look like?

Like this maybe:

http://homepage.mac.com/ewald/.Pictures/moonrise1.jpg

That, and another view I'm particularly fond of.
 JustDukky
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/10/2010 12:58:44 PM
@ea®ly
That's a gorgeous shot! It reminded me of the most beautiful, perfect and eternal moment of my life. I was camped at a place called Black Lake and was swallowed by the majesty of a similar view. At that moment I felt a sense of perfect, universal harmony and belonging that has been with me ever since. The memory of the beauty of that moment still fills me with awe.

@ mtn

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It's one of my favorites.
 ea®ly
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/10/2010 2:01:01 PM

That's a gorgeous shot! It reminded me of the most beautiful, perfect and eternal moment of my life.

It's my living room view of the full moon rising in early December.

I was camped at a place called Black Lake and was swallowed by the majesty of a similar view.

Yes, ...some things are indelibly imprinted on one's being, I remember Black Lake from my many summers as a child growing up in Manitoba,...we went camping every summer, mostly in that part of Manitoba.

At that moment I felt a sense of perfect, universal harmony and belonging that has been with me ever since.

I moved to this lake last June, ...this move alone, has changed my life for the better. I was alive only in that I had a pulse, I had stopped caring. Now, I'm reminded every time I look out a window how beautiful, peaceful and perfect this world can be. It is a kind of balance, ...I go out of my way not to disturb it via frugality and cognisance of keeping as small as possible an ecological footprint.

The memory of the beauty of that moment still fills me with awe.

I'm privileged and very fortunate to experience this every day, every hour, every minute that I'm here.

It is my "happy place".

....my Utopia.
 JustDukky
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/10/2010 2:35:26 PM
@ ea®ly

It is my "happy place".
....my Utopia.

Only someone with such a sense of appreciation as you yourself possess could appreciate the envy I feel!
 ea®ly
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/10/2010 3:18:30 PM

Only someone with such a sense of appreciation as you yourself possess could appreciate the envy I feel!

I know a few people interested in establishing planned sustainable communities, this is kinda' the start of one here, where I am. Small "c" communism, ...ta da! There are more of us every day. I'm kinda' part of two of them in this area, there is a music label/studio two lakes over on Lac MacGregor, "Renegade Music", ..I've been coming up there since '03. When I got the offer to move up here at the recording engineer's place on Lac Dam, it took less than a second for me to say, "sounds good".

My engineer friend is always recruiting people, smart kid, he inherited some money at 25 and bought this place 3 years ago for under $275K, about 2 acres ...it's worth twice that now, ...so he's swinging the equity into more places like this. If I ever buy again, it will be rural high elevation waterfront.

The key is to get out of the city, it's not as hard to do as some may think, ...living frugally does not mean being "poor", ...in some ways it can result in feeling "rich" in ways that money can't buy.

Being in the woods also doesn't mean complete isolation anymore either, ...thanks to technology, like the 3G cell network I'm accessing this site with... Now if we can just get that fiber-optic line in here...

Small footprint, self sufficiency (one thing at a time), and sustainability and "beauty".

To me, any and all sacrifice and effort on my part is worth it for just the view alone.
 JustDukky
Msg: 127
Posted: 1/10/2010 3:42:44 PM
It would seem Utopia is already realized for a few of us. All that really remains is to let government know it has no authority over us and we're all living the dream.

I got beer money

You're in!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/10/2010 3:53:49 PM
I'll be the mad streaker taking breaks in the bushes...
Cool thread guys. Took me a while to read and digest.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/10/2010 6:24:03 PM
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It's one of my favorites.

Mine, too...there is some good stuff in here!

I know a few people interested in establishing planned sustainable communities, this is kinda' the start of one here, where I am.

I am sorry...but is that the lovely sound of an invitation, I hear?

The key is to get out of the city, it's not as hard to do as some may think, ...living frugally does not mean being "poor", ...in some ways it can result in feeling "rich" in ways that money can't buy.

I always knew you were a rich, and humble man...

I got beer money

You don't need beer money...we have Dukky's social credit system. You are good!

And Margo, we all need a bit of nekkidness, from time to time....
 ea®ly
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/10/2010 6:45:47 PM

I am sorry...but is that the lovely sound of an invitation, I hear?

Absolutely.
 aremeself
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 4:11:54 PM
now, what are we going to do with the crooks and lazies that a society like that will attract like flies to, you know what?

utopia was never supposed to be indicative of a realistic expectation of our state.
I believe the word was created to describe fantasy way of life.

by the way, I agree that present systems suck.

a couple, who have the minimum of rules, can't even get along, hows a community going to manage?
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/11/2010 4:20:09 PM
BOOB SHOTS FOR BEER!
I don't drink so you don't need any money. It still works during bike week.
I even get booze for tattoo shots, only to give friends the free drinks.
Pisses them off when they figure out they can't get me drunk though, and I'm more talk than action. Someone has to stay sober.
 JustDukky
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/11/2010 4:32:24 PM

The Siblinghood of Person

Anything with "person" in it is out. A person is a servant, a slave and/or a corporation (in the eyes of the current law), and we don't want any of those in our utopia. What we want are men and women who can govern themselves and work together cooperatively and in harmony for the betterment of all, without the need of any nanny type authority telling us what to do, how to do it, or why we have to cut them in on what we produce.

I say we just call all the men and women Men, because they are our equals. I really don't think they need a different name to tell the difference between the males & females.

what are we going to do with the crooks and lazies that a society like that will attract like flies to, you know what?

If they cause any harm, put them up for trial in our court of natural law. It's about time they learned that "commune" translates to "free man", not "free ride."
 ea®ly
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:22:45 PM

I really don't think they need a different name to tell the difference between the males & females.

It depends on the "they" I guess. ...maybe a Jamaican "Mon", incorporating both words.

I like the sound of: "Orphan Ranch", especially in regards to mom and dad government.
 JustDukky
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:43:45 PM
"Orphan Ranch" is good, but I think we should call it "The free World", so everybody will know that Big Brother's world isn't.
 ea®ly
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:00:46 PM

"Orphan Ranch" is good, but I think we should call it "The free World", so everybody will know that Big Brother's world isn't.

I wish it were my idea, but it was the name of a music collective that almost happened about 5 years ago.

I've never liked the "Big Brother" label, ...it's always seemed more like a "Creepy Uncle Ernie" to me.

It isn't difficult to find like-minded people who know how to do this stuff without the use of banks, and I've already made out far better than I would have without it, ...by the end of the year I will have NOT spent any money on what amounts to at least 6 figures in music production "costs", ....that's at a world class level. All for working "for free". Barter system, ...can't tax it if it's done right.
 JustDukky
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:22:00 PM

Barter system, ...can't tax it if it's done right.

They can't tax you if they can't prove you're a "person" either. It's the person that's a citizen & subject of the "CROWN" (yet another corporation).
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:40:46 PM
So are the Vatican and the Pentagon. That's a whole other thread topic that would probably get deleted.
 ea®ly
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:48:20 PM
They can't tax you if they can't prove you're a "person" either. It's the person that's a citizen & subject of the "CROWN" (yet another corporation).

Google "Santa Clara Blues" for an interesting take on corporate personage.

The legal means to withdraw from the "corporation" are real, ...but it's still on the terms of the "corporation".

The legal ramifications of a sovereign Quebec interests me for the very real potential of a precedent being set, ...there WILL be legal means then, to withdraw from within a new federal mom and dad, ...many in this region are already quite prepared to do so.

JustDukky
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/11/2010 7:30:13 PM

The legal means to withdraw from the "corporation" are real, ...but it's still on the terms of the "corporation".

You should make a distinction between "legal" and "lawful." Lawfully speaking, you can step out anytime you want (if you don't mind duking it out a bit with the government). Check out these URLs, I have found them very informative:

http://www.thinkfree.ca/

http://worldfreemansociety.org/tiki-index.php?page=Front+Page

http://www.detaxcanada.org/
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?