Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Super_Eve
Msg: 98
Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It's one of my favorites.

Mine, too...there is some good stuff in here!

I know a few people interested in establishing planned sustainable communities, this is kinda' the start of one here, where I am.

I am sorry...but is that the lovely sound of an invitation, I hear?

The key is to get out of the city, it's not as hard to do as some may think, ...living frugally does not mean being "poor", ...in some ways it can result in feeling "rich" in ways that money can't buy.

I always knew you were a rich, and humble man...

I got beer money

You don't need beer money...we have Dukky's social credit system. You are good!

And Margo, we all need a bit of nekkidness, from time to time....
 ea®ly
Msg: 99
Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?
Posted: 1/10/2010 6:45:47 PM

I am sorry...but is that the lovely sound of an invitation, I hear?

Absolutely.
 aremeself
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 4:11:54 PM
now, what are we going to do with the crooks and lazies that a society like that will attract like flies to, you know what?

utopia was never supposed to be indicative of a realistic expectation of our state.
I believe the word was created to describe fantasy way of life.

by the way, I agree that present systems suck.

a couple, who have the minimum of rules, can't even get along, hows a community going to manage?
 JustDukky
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/11/2010 4:32:24 PM

The Siblinghood of Person

Anything with "person" in it is out. A person is a servant, a slave and/or a corporation (in the eyes of the current law), and we don't want any of those in our utopia. What we want are men and women who can govern themselves and work together cooperatively and in harmony for the betterment of all, without the need of any nanny type authority telling us what to do, how to do it, or why we have to cut them in on what we produce.

I say we just call all the men and women Men, because they are our equals. I really don't think they need a different name to tell the difference between the males & females.

what are we going to do with the crooks and lazies that a society like that will attract like flies to, you know what?

If they cause any harm, put them up for trial in our court of natural law. It's about time they learned that "commune" translates to "free man", not "free ride."
 ea®ly
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:22:45 PM

I really don't think they need a different name to tell the difference between the males & females.

It depends on the "they" I guess. ...maybe a Jamaican "Mon", incorporating both words.

I like the sound of: "Orphan Ranch", especially in regards to mom and dad government.
 JustDukky
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:43:45 PM
"Orphan Ranch" is good, but I think we should call it "The free World", so everybody will know that Big Brother's world isn't.
 ea®ly
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:00:46 PM

"Orphan Ranch" is good, but I think we should call it "The free World", so everybody will know that Big Brother's world isn't.

I wish it were my idea, but it was the name of a music collective that almost happened about 5 years ago.

I've never liked the "Big Brother" label, ...it's always seemed more like a "Creepy Uncle Ernie" to me.

It isn't difficult to find like-minded people who know how to do this stuff without the use of banks, and I've already made out far better than I would have without it, ...by the end of the year I will have NOT spent any money on what amounts to at least 6 figures in music production "costs", ....that's at a world class level. All for working "for free". Barter system, ...can't tax it if it's done right.
 JustDukky
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:22:00 PM

Barter system, ...can't tax it if it's done right.

They can't tax you if they can't prove you're a "person" either. It's the person that's a citizen & subject of the "CROWN" (yet another corporation).
 ea®ly
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:48:20 PM
They can't tax you if they can't prove you're a "person" either. It's the person that's a citizen & subject of the "CROWN" (yet another corporation).

Google "Santa Clara Blues" for an interesting take on corporate personage.

The legal means to withdraw from the "corporation" are real, ...but it's still on the terms of the "corporation".

The legal ramifications of a sovereign Quebec interests me for the very real potential of a precedent being set, ...there WILL be legal means then, to withdraw from within a new federal mom and dad, ...many in this region are already quite prepared to do so.

JustDukky
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/11/2010 7:30:13 PM

The legal means to withdraw from the "corporation" are real, ...but it's still on the terms of the "corporation".

You should make a distinction between "legal" and "lawful." Lawfully speaking, you can step out anytime you want (if you don't mind duking it out a bit with the government). Check out these URLs, I have found them very informative:

http://www.thinkfree.ca/

http://worldfreemansociety.org/tiki-index.php?page=Front+Page

http://www.detaxcanada.org/
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Utopia and self-actualization...an actualized state?