Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 18
The General Lee... on a Date...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

General lee, doesn't surprise me, Ive seen a few Knight rider cars, a few Starsky and Hutch car and a few pick up trucks with a confederation flag and bumper stickers saying" the south will rise again" and you know whats bizarre about that is, they have Canadian License plates living in Toronto, to me thats friggen bizarre you think that they seriously have issues??

Hillbillies don't discriminate.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 20
The General Lee... on a Date...
Posted: 8/31/2009 10:39:08 PM
LOL, I should of known that Reckless

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!

thwipp89
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2009 10:56:04 PM
the general lee was cool enough when i was a kid but now would come off as too redneck-y (especially with the confederate flag on the top). the coolest car from my youth was the starsky and hutch ford gran torino- that cherry red muscle car with the white swoosh racing stripe down the side. what i find funny now is that starsky and hutch were undercover cops...how could you NOT spot that car from a mile away if you were a criminal?!?! ahh, the magic of hollywood and tv...
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/31/2009 11:09:28 PM

the general lee was cool enough when i was a kid but now would come off as too redneck-y (especially with the confederate flag on the top).

redneck or not when I was 14 and watched "Daisy Duke" bend over for the first time I wasn't in to cars anymore......*GULP*
 Helen0426
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/31/2009 11:17:04 PM
It's such a great car, and it is funny, but I couldn't get past the flag. I wouldn't be able to get in.

Now, if a date turned up in a Vanishing Point Challenger... be still, my heart!
 roguevampire
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/1/2009 5:43:32 AM
sorry to say, but my car blows them all away. farrrrrrrr farrrrrrrr away
 2fuzy
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/1/2009 7:19:40 AM
it always breaks the ice if you have a cool car it just depends on who your picking up some love my old charger some would rather be picked up in a jag
tells me something about the girl if she likes the car we will have a good time banging gears if she is the kind that wants the jag well not so good
 Theonly1!
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2009 12:02:11 PM
Vive le Quebec libre!
 daydreamin_honey
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/1/2009 12:24:18 PM
If someone tried to pick me up with anything with a rebel flag on it, i'd laugh in his face so hard i'd likely have to excuse myself to the restroom, make some "redneck" comment and walk away quickly. That sort of thing does NOT impress me in the least.
Now if a guy was to gun the engine in a classic muscle car SANS any offensive advertisements, i'd be hard pressed to not jump right in, lol.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/1/2009 7:32:18 PM
There is actually an annual General Lee convention somewhere- the point being that there are enough people with General Lees to hold a convention. LOL.

I was a big Dukes of Hazzard fan as a child. Even now I get weak hearing that opening guitar....

BUT, I didn't know what the confederate flag stood for in those days. It would be a big turnoff if a guy had that on his car in 2009.
 867love
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/1/2009 8:02:27 PM
What gal wouldn't jump at a chance to ride in a classic MOPAR musclecar?

(i certainly wouldn't turn down a lift in Daisy's jeep)

JWS1974
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/28/2011 1:37:51 AM
I know this is a big time thread resurrection, but I am probably one of the only people that has joined this site that can comment on it as I have a General Lee Dodge Charger.

It would depend on the circumstances. There are women that I meet via the car (renting it for events) and if they expressed they thought it would be cool, then what the hell. BTW, the going in through the windows was just an act. My car just like the ones on TV has operational doors.

But otherwise, it a hobby that is outside that part of my life. That is kind of odd as most GL owners that have them tend to incorporate that into their identity in some way (think redneck versions of Trekkies). Me, I don't even want my picture taken with it.

I wish I really liked something less "redneck". But this is the car that does it for me. It has since I was a kid. I could have saved a pile of money if I was into tuner stuff.
 GWSmith
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/28/2011 3:11:09 AM
It would never work, our tastes in TV would be so different there'd be no hope..
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/28/2011 6:31:23 AM

what would be your reaction if your date showed up with The General Lee?

I'd ask him if he would marry me and be the father of my babies

I'd love it! The General Lee is awesome. Gawd did I have a crush of John Schneider when I was a little girl
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/28/2011 6:43:22 AM
the mountain may get them ,but the law never will..
 ohenryx
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:50:58 AM
Helen0426:
Simply meeting a girl who knew about the "Vanishing Point Challenger" would be a real turn on for me.
 JWS1974
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:35:30 AM

Gawd did I have a crush of John Schneider when I was a little girl

He is a nice guy. I have done a couple events with him. The first time he needed a General Lee for a Saint Judes Childrens Hospital charity auction. So we set one up so he could display the stuff that was being offered for the charity sale. I watched him sit there and patiently sign fans autographs for nearly 5 hours. He sat there and signed everything until every fan got what they wanted signed. Then he invited me to join him for a steak dinner. He is a real class act.
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:37:33 AM

He is a nice guy. I have done a couple events with him....he invited me to join him for a steak dinner. He is a real class act.

I'm so jealous! He was my first crush ever...(ok, wait 2nd crush - my first crush was Andy Gibb - don't hate, ok?)
 totalazzhole
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/28/2011 8:55:18 AM

the coolest car from my youth was the starsky and hutch ford gran torino- that cherry red muscle car with the white swoosh racing stripe down the side. what i find funny now is that starsky and hutch were undercover cops...how could you NOT spot that car from a mile away if you were a criminal?!?! ahh, the magic of hollywood and tv...

yes also the fact that it had a 3-speed automatic transmission but on the soundtrack it sounded like a 16-speed manual, (maybe taken from a Kenworth?) ..shifting gears every 2 seconds..

must be from the same place where 6-shot revolvers can fire 40 rounds or submachineguns fire 500, all without any reloads
 karma1160
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:18:21 AM
Well I would think it was cheezy, but I would know in an instant, that this person knows how to have fun. I would definitely go out with this person though, just to see what they were like.
I might even be able to wrestle up something comparable to daisy dukes, you just never know. :)
If they had a redneck attitude to go with it though, the date would be very short.
 JWS1974
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:37:11 AM

I'm so jealous! He was my first crush ever...(ok, wait 2nd crush - my first crush was Andy Gibb - don't hate, ok?)

Hey, you like the "dark" Brother Gibb. I can respect that

No redneck attitude here. Most GL owners are actually not the stereotype. It is an expensive thing to pull off and most with the attitude have ones broken down and rusting away in their yard they plan on fixing "someday". I was just like most kids of that era that loved watching that car and wanted to have one. When I got older I tracked down the Charger I used to see from the school bus, restored it and made it a GL like I daydreamed about every day for most of my elementary school years.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:50:58 AM
That car and Richard Petty are what got me hooked on MOPAR.
The Charger is nice..... I prefer the 70 Road Runner ;) mmmeee meeep
favorite Tv car....Topless Cuda from Don Johnsons 'Nash' series.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/28/2011 10:25:50 AM
The General Lee was cool, but I liked the Power Wagon from Simon & Simon a lot more. That thing was BAAAAD !! Jacked up, flat paint job, and a massive push-bumper !!! That thing meant business!!
 totalazzhole
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/28/2011 10:52:12 AM
^^

I prefereed the "Pusssy Wagon" from the Kill Bill movies
 Wings_of_a_raven
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/28/2011 11:06:14 PM
Oh man, I wanna be picked up in chitty chitty bang bang.. or herbie!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >