Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jacob8088
Msg: 38
Fustrated with online datingPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Least your getting messages. All Im getting is profile visits from 40 to 50 yr. old overweight women and single mommys with 3 or 4 kids.
 thwipp89
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Fustrated with online dating
Posted: 10/5/2009 2:34:53 AM
very frustrated.

girl 1- brought 3 of her male friends to bowl with us without telling me beforehand. they all proceeded to get drunk.

girl 2- gave me a laundry list of serious medical ailments on the first date, which was a big turn-off.

girl 3- hit it off right away and had great chemistry and attraction. she eventually broke it off out of the blue. she still had issues with her abusive ex's and just wasn't ready for a relationship. very disappointing. i really liked her a lot.

girl 4- saw each other for a short time, then she ended it because "it was too much about sex". 2 weeks later, she "just wants to be f**k buddies". umm, ok?! she later broke it off again and i found out she was bi-polar.

girl 5- i drove 25 miles in traffic because she didn't have a car. i waited an hour past our agreed upon time and then left when she didn't show. she actually got mad with me because i didn't wait longer and vulgarly insulted me via email.

girl 5- a "few extra pounds" turned out to be at least 5o extra (i'm not kidding). when she walked in, i was like, "no way is that her...", which turned into, "...oh crud, that is her". i couldn't even get my arms around her for a hug. that's what i get for not seeing a body shot.
 ileft
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:49:08 AM
I agree with you it just makes things seem harder especially when people appear to be spoiled for choice!
 itechman63
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:59:18 AM
For some it's feast or famine when it comes to interest and potentials of interest on a site such as this one. It can be frustrating or it could be you BEING frustrating. (the 'you' not being specifically you OP).

Expectations are important... not too high, not too low. In my current 'famine', while logged on I'm mostly utilizing the entertainment value i.e. the forums as something to do for a diversion from the daily grind. When my attitude reverts back to a serious interest in dating, then we'll see how it is.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >