Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Craigslist      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockondon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
CraigslistPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Craigslist is cool but it did p*ss me off when day after contacting someone through the personals when she came to my door and I paid...err...'lent'...her some money for our...date...and then she took off and screwed me out of my money. Damn that little *****.
 Mobiledj
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Craigslist
Posted: 8/16/2009 5:55:32 PM
I love Craigslist and have bought, sold and given away lots of stuff through the site. I actually found the site long ago before it was popular looking for something and I thought damn this Craig guys got a lot of stuff to sell LOL

Right now I am on there looking for lens for my DSLR , the site sure put a damper on the Buy and Sell.
 Doc_Sage
Msg: 11
Craigslist
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:51:21 PM
I used both Craigslist and Used(your town).ca with great results.

I sold stereo pieces, furnitures and plants and purchased furnitures and electronic devises. You got to be on the ball and always be aware of scams but overall I am happy with both services. One recommendation, always buy from a local seller and do the transaction in person in cash only.

A friend met his lady on Craigslist after many unsuccessful month on PoF. Go figure.

I am aware that weird stuff do happened on Craigslist but so does anywhere on the net these days.
 fishiesfishies
Msg: 12
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:08:07 PM
just trying to understand this site as far as selling goes, do they charge you a % to sell your stuff on the craiglist?.......trying to decide where to get a good return on some clothes etc...thanks!
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 13
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:09:59 PM
^^^ I don't know about Craiglist but Kijiji is free to sell stuff. Another option for selling clothing is consignment stores.
 Walts
Msg: 14
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 4:25:14 PM
Found,,,,garden and pond "stuff". Lots of it actually,,,just not so much right at this time of year. Only out back an hour or so on days like these,,,yet,,,I know I'm not the only crazy one.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 15
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 4:32:41 PM
So far the strangest thing I've sold on Craigslist is an antique lock, for $10.

The problem with Craigslist is that there are so many cheapskates on there who just want something for nothing. It seems to have taken over from the Buy&Sell in that area.
 Mobiledj
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 5:16:25 PM
kijiji is really big back east I was told but not so popular out here. As for the rep it has gotten out here it is like everything else in this world. Anything good will be ruined by crooks so just beware
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 5:25:54 PM
Strangest....creepiest?.... a crazy-arse abusive tenant who I later saw on a particular dating site.....lol

Best.... my current tenant, his ad read: Single Dad Needs Home.

Bought some exercise equpment and weights and a brand new blender from one person who was moving overseas.

Found some people to attend a wine pairing event with me.
Found someone to go to the opera with too.
 fishiesfishies
Msg: 18
Craigslist
Posted: 1/24/2010 6:44:13 PM
has anyone sold anything on ebay, and or tried both ebay and craigs list and which would you recommend between the two?...thanks for the answers everyone keep them coming! :-)

to the person who suggested consignment places, they don't pay well and labels really are treated just like a wallmart rag netting you $10.00 if you are lucky...

ebay bidding sounds that one can get a decent price at least or half the worth for the item, or am i wrong in assuming?
 Mobiledj
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Craigslist
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:34:11 PM
I do both Ebay and Craigslist but Craigslist is quick simple and if you are buying you get to see the product and test it before buying. Ebay you have to factor in shipping, brokerage and duties if it come from the US .... I perfer to do Craigslist where possible, ebay if I can not find it locally
 Outdoor2
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Craigslist
Posted: 1/27/2010 11:53:18 PM
I like both craigslist and kijji and have found some great deals on both. Very few of the personals seem ligit...or their just looking for a hook-up...a.k.a....money.
"Rants and Raves" is good for a laugh...too bad they're are many serious posts there.

I've been looking on craigslist for a pre-65 Ford Falcon Ranchero or Wagon.
Join (for free only, of course) an online car club...people will post ads and some will search around and post ads from craigs and discuss them.
 Walts
Msg: 21
Craigslist
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:34:53 PM
^^^^^ I'm betting that many people wish they could spend time with the Irish. I've heard they can put on quite the show when they want to. They usually don't require much money up front either. That's what I've heard anyways. The fishing Irish are a different breed from all accounts.
 Nerdimus Maximus
Msg: 22
Craigslist
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:14:34 PM
I just buy LEGO and TECHNICS too. My boy and I are LEGO-holics. Sold some SCA armour on it so that had to have been rather outre.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 23
Craigslist
Posted: 2/11/2010 9:34:13 PM

If ever there's anything you want to haul to the trash put it on craigslist for free: Let the cheapskates take it.

Great idea - I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Although ... the last cheapskate I ran into tried to talk me into delivering, so it might not work.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Craigslist
Posted: 2/11/2010 10:34:25 PM
That ad has been making the rounds...I got it in an email a couple of months ago.
Snopes says it's authenticity is undetermined.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/mugger.asp

If you haven't yet, check out "the best of" on the homepage. Some are just priceless!
 halbailman
Msg: 25
Craigslist
Posted: 2/11/2010 11:06:27 PM
Found some good glasses from the 1988 olympics on Kijiji
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Craigslist