Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Benefit of Dating Single Dad.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 26
Benefit of Dating Single Dad.Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Depending on location a car is not needed in some areas...
Let's face it, a car in downton Manhatten is not as needed to get around as it would be in rural Manitoba... in a lot of downtown cores, taxi's ARE the main form of transportation...
Even where I am, I only need to drive once in awhile, a bike or walking gets me most places I need to go quite readily..

Most single mothers don't look like they bike or walk anywhere.

So maybe that's another advantage of dating a single father! A greater percentage of more active parents.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Benefit of Dating Single Dad.
Posted: 8/17/2009 2:32:33 PM
I've just read some of the posts. Thank you for some of the postitive ones. For those that don't like my list. It wasn't meant to be all inclusive. Maybe, you could point out some advantages or disadvantges.

In my encounters I have dated slim, and not so slim mothers. This however, is true for women without childern. So I will have to agree with M_Church and Jenn.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/17/2009 4:16:45 PM
Keep in mind that I live in WV right now, folks.

Where I am from in WA, the single mothers are MORE likely to be in shape and have tight bodies than the child-free chicks - mainly because they're realistic about their dating pool, and I would assume that putting on baby weight is a shock to health world for a lot of girls.

Where I live right now...

I am a sad, sad man. :(

/wrists.
 mddog
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:36:17 PM
Jarhead is right,but when the court sets a womans child support at 10 $ a week per child(in my case) and they dont pay , I tend to get very pissed off at the system and my boys mom ! not to mention the fact that they never put her away for not paying,but if I didnt pay ,I would be locked up the first week I didnt pay. And you all know its true !
 hungry_joe
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:38:42 PM
I live in NC too, I'm the primary CP and I have to pay support go figure.
 mddog
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/18/2009 2:28:16 PM
I think you might need a better attorney ?
 hungry_joe
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 3:19:52 PM
Nah, just got to wait out the ole ex, and I'll get everything I want. But this is not the point of the thread.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:28:49 PM
^^^^I always enjoy reading your posts. They are always postitive and full of hope.
Gadget.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 3:49:08 PM
@ Curiosity

Sigh, I suppose that you didn't read my subsequent posts.

The list I posted was not to be definative or an example of all cases, just the majority. I later asked for other reasons dad's would be a good choice for women to date. Just to get custody of the child or childern a man needs have to have these things as a min. I've seen on profiles of single women/ mothers which that their potential date should have these things or don't even contact. So that would lead me to believe that there are more then just a few men that don't have these things. I never meant this to be an us vs. them post. Acutually this is more about why single fathers, might be a better selection over a man without childern.

I did leave out an "a" in more then just a post-secondary education. I meant more then simply a high school education. Again not to be an in all cases. I have single mothers in my MBA courses.

Support network isn't welfare. It can be, but child support (when recieved) living with family, supportive women, and so on. Men on the other hand are told to embrace the suck and make due. Again this is not an in every case situation.

I was trying to point out why single fathers are a good choice.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:01:47 AM
Curiosity. I would agree that their are women that aren't receiving any kind of network support. I would say this is more an exeption then a normative situation. I would also say their are single childless men with the same atrubutes, but a single father on a whole fly that flag. Therefore,there is less of a chance of those situations, not being present.

MeplusTwo. I think its tough to have a full-time job with a tottler. Hogwash. My son is 4 I work a full-time job, go to graduate school full time, and sell insurance part-time. It is a matter of time management.

I would say though some women are left by men, I would say this is over blown. I've met women that have walked away from a father while pregnat. Not all women have non-present father, or just a man the inseminated them and walked away. This is stero-type.

Gadget.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:22:06 AM
I think this is really simple.

Society encourages women to use their children as an excuse to be lazy.

You're fat? Blame it on the kid.

You're in bad health? Blame it on the kid.

You don't work? Blame it on the kid.

You have a long string of f*cked up bf's/gf's? Blame it on the kid.

You keep nothing but crap food in the house? Blame it on the kid.

You live with your parents? Blame it on the kid.

And so on and so forth.

And upon using these excuses, most women get the, "I know about that!" response and are treated like a hero for being a lazy slob. Because they happened to get f*cked and procreate.

Men on the other hand are judged much more harshly. Could you imagine what society would think of a man with 2 kids by different mothers, who only worked part time when he felt like it, on welfare, and living at home with mom? And what if this dad went out clubbing every other night?

He'd be crucified.
Whereas if a single mother does it, women everywhere make excuses for her. "Even moms need to have fun!" is one I hear a lot.

I think that single fathers have a predisposition to be more responsible than single mothers because:

A. With few exceptions, if a man has full custody of the kids, that means he actually WANTED custody of them. He not only loves them, but he chose to take care of them.

B. Men are not given full custody of kids, with few exceptions, if they're total wastes of space. Women are - and do get custody OFTEN even if they're strung out on drugs.

C. Society does not smile upon a man not working, or going to school even if they DON'T have children. With children, a man is MORE responsible - not less. With women, if a woman is a mother, she is held to a lower standard.

There you have it. It's not a gender thing. I think that all people are inherantly lazy and selfish when born. However, men in our society are taught to be far more self sufficient and self relient than women are. Men are also not given the luxury of using their kids as a scapegoat for being a loser.

Your mileage may vary.

-8sf8
 mddog
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/20/2009 1:19:02 PM
Ignorance is bliss and you are a blissful kind of gal !!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/20/2009 1:50:09 PM

Society encourages women to use their children as an excuse to be lazy.

You forgot one:

I can't get a date -- blame the child.

I don't blame my child for anything she is by far the best thing I've ever done with my life. I also don't let her eat crap and am encouraging her to be active and have a healthy lifestyle. By eating right and taking her to the park everyday. Lot of children are overweight because parents let their kids eat crap its not isolated to the single parent.

I've always been self-sufficient and self-reliant as an adult. Only one man has ever supported me and his name is dad.
I agree though some girls are taught not to be self-sufficient and self-reliant they are taught to live on their looks and to use them to get what they can out of men. I was always taught to be independent and as my dad said "never trust a man they only want one thing".

And because you're NOT a loser, you can look at this objectively and see the logic in what I said.

I don't think that men or women really have a leg up on each other when it comes to being decent people.

People are people. We're all humans regardless of our plumbing.

I just think that men in our culture have a predisposition to be more responsible with children in this day an age because of how our society operates, and how our children are taught.

I am speaking in generalities, of course.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 4:28:31 PM

More single moms are welfare recipients than single dads.--In my community (Harlem,NY) 70% of children are born out of wedlock and yes alot of those women are on welfare. Where are the fathers of these children? IN JAIL (at a cost of $30,000 a year to the tax payers) NOT IN JAIL YET (drug dealing, gang banging stealing etc...) UNEMPLOYED (living with thier mothers) If the fathers of all these "loser lazy welfare collecting single mothers" got custody thier broke lazy asses would be on welfare too!
In fact usually single fathers with out of wedlock children are 10X worse as people than the single mothers they impregnated. Here is an example of one from one of the threads on this forum------actually he's a habitual pathlogical lying ex-con/parolee who lied about everything he ever told me from day 1 including his age he told me he was 10 yrs younger than his actual age.....I only found this out as I have done my research on this man for the child support so No, your wrong...as it turns out this man doesn't have the moral values or intentions to ever be married....prime example: He recently got cited by the police for getting caught in a compromising position in his car with a 21 yr old female in a park after the park was closed.....mind you he's 39.....

The first part of you post is about looser men, and women that make poor choices about the men they associate with. IMO women are the socializing factor in society, therefore, if you tolerate the bad behavior of these men, it will continue. If a man enguages in behavior inappropirate and will not have a woman he will tend to cease the poor behavior.

You futher go into an example of a another poor choice. She knew he was a criminal, a lier, and choose to have a child with him. Her fault alone, she should be more careful in the people she dates. I don't believe all single mothers are polyanna's please ladies quit the excuses. I don't include men that simply produce a child a father. There is more to being a dad then shooting sprem into a woman and making contact with her egg.

You should have said

The fact is, however, that more single (CUSTODIAL!!!!)dads are gainfully employed than single moms. For a guy to have custody of his child either the mother has to have major issues in her life or he had a significant socio-economic advantage over his ex and used his power and money to take the children away from thier mother. A man taking custody of the children away from a loving and fit mother can be easily done if he has the $$$$$$. So yes obviously single custodial fathers have an economic advantage over thier ex (thats how he got the kids in the first place)

When I refer to single dad's I mean Custodial fathers. Maybe this an assumption on my part but, I thought it was understood.

I did not have an economic advantage over my ex-wife. She wasn't found to be unfit, I was just the better parent. I point of view she agrees with, mind you I was able to mediate my custody arangement with her. It was done to the advantage of our son. He has both his mother and father in his life. On the day custody was finalized I had a negative balance in my bank account. But that day I was the richest man on earth. My lawyer stank, see my eariler post of me being the primary custodial parent but having to pay support. I was able to win for our son when the lawyer got out of the way, all she did was make me broke. My ex's lawyer was amazed how civil we could be. You will never know the amount of personal hell, and economic ruin Iwent through in the quest to remain a full time dad for our (mine and my ex's) son. There was even a point I was living in my car, and couch to couch....while working full time. So tell your class warfare to someone that is gulliable.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 8:54:53 AM
Future, It was an ugly custody process. That is all that needs to be said.

Meplustwo. Durring the day, he is at daycare which I now pay for
I attend graduate school on line through Kaplan Univeristy so I can be in my living room attending classes, and studing. I am often studing between 8-11pm everyday after my son is tucked in and sleeping.
I set my life insurance sales at a convient time for all. Sometimes he comes with me on sales calls. Not ideal, but necessary. These are usally people I have networked with, otherwise I sell durring his mother's vistiation. Again time management.

I am not raising my cheating wife's child. I do watch her (daughter) from time to time, which is more Christian Charity. I am rasing my son, he also has a sister. I pay support because that is what a judge ordered me to do and I obey the law. I suggest you find Jesus, and quit being a troll.

Divorce in NC is handled as three different proceedings.
Divorce
Child Support
Custody.
The support was decieded before the custody was and at the time she had the kids.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:49:53 AM

More single moms are welfare recipients than single dads.--In my community (Harlem,NY) 70% of children are born out of wedlock and yes alot of those women are on welfare. Where are the fathers of these children? IN JAIL (at a cost of $30,000 a year to the tax payers) NOT IN JAIL YET (drug dealing, gang banging stealing etc...) UNEMPLOYED (living with thier mothers) If the fathers of all these "loser lazy welfare collecting single mothers" got custody thier broke lazy asses would be on welfare too!

Harlem is not representative of the whole nation. Not every single parent lives in the ghetto.

The truth of the matter is, SINGLE FATHERS ARE better parents than MOST SINGLE MOTHERS. Why?? Because as men we HAVE TO LEARN everything from the beginning. How to braid hair, how to do nails, how to buy the right size bra (all things obviously if you have a daughter). All these things are stuff that MOST SINGLE moms take for granted. Most women should know how to do these things with their daughters.
Whatever you say mr.misogynist.

I dont have a penis but i did teach my young boy to piss in a toilet.

When is the last time you saw a single mom "throwing a football or baseball" with their son? When is the last time you ever saw a single mom teach their son "how to change the oil" in the car? Excuse, I can't hear you.

For me, about an 2 hours ago. Spent 3 hours with my kids and their friends in the park playing ball with them. And i am going to teach them how to chage their oil, fix their brakes, jumpstart the car, engine repair, etc. when they are of driving age.

As far as what I taught my daughters. Well, I taught them to be "ASSERTIVE", "HONEST", BE EDUCATED, TO ACT LIKE A WOMAN, GIVE RESPECT.......GET RESPECT. They were also taught DON'T ASSUME just because your a woman the world owes you something....because it doesn't. Unlike most of your gender that makes assumptions about us men .

Your woman hating rant doesnt make you sound educated honest and respectful.
You dont like women bashing men, understandable, but you are bashing women. odd. ok whatever work for ya.

Oh boy a history major. Okay Miss History buff, do you remember how the world was before you burned your bra? Do you remember when you knew how to cook a meal. Now, you can't even boil water? Do you remember when you and your husband would "talk things out", now you call your lawyer and kick your husband to the curb. Do you remember when men treated women like queens...even if they didn't deserve it.
i know you are talking to Jenn, but i cook meals, talked things ove with my husband, (we only had one disagreement in our marriage), and am treated like a queen. where did you get the idea that is all stuff of the past?

I suggest you start being a man, maybe thats why your wife cheated on you. You weren't man enough for her. Raising your kid and your ex's lovers child and paying her for it. LOL

Shaniqua that was just mean. Perhaps gadget see;s the child as a human being in need of a stable loving home, regardless of how the child was concieved. How is that any different from people who adopt children? Not a lot of people would do that, and it must take a lot of love and character to open your heart and home and commit youself to the wellbeing of a child that was born in the situation that it was.
Whats not "manly" about that? Every child needs love, and he was willing to give this child love because it is a little human being, and doesnt let the faults of the mother stop the child from being loved. Thats a man with a lot of love in his heart.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 2:07:33 PM
^^^^Your a troll. Please leave you add nothing to the converstaion. Think what you will, but I'm more of a man then your thugs. Your ignorant and rude, and that is why you're loney. You can't win a arguement without a straw man, ad homin attack, or sologism.

Opie last time I checked there is only 24 hours in a day. A typical work week is 40 hours. As far as priorities my insurance sales is lowest. There are days however I only sleep 4 hours a day to accomplish what I need to.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/21/2009 4:49:37 PM

WOW, you "don't have a penis but you taught your son how to piss in the toilet".
Good for you both. Applause sign please.

Hold that applause sign for the amazing feat of braiding hair and bra shopping.

Oh and trying to use a $25 dollar word like misogynist was very nice. You get an B for trying. Just for the record, I DO NOT hate women. Thats what misogynist means to all the other posters who may not be familiar with that word.
However, I HATE what WOMEN have become. I HATE IGNORANCE( in either gender), I HATE that the world thinks your gender is special....it isn't.

Thats a 25 dollar word? Surely if a lady uses that word it cant be THAT big of a word, right. You sure sound like you hate women. You hate ignorance, yet claim one gender as superior to the other. Are you racist and homophobic as well?

Oh and for your information, I DID NOT HATE my MARRIAGE nor MY WIFE. What I DID HATE was standing with my 4 kids as we watched the plane she was in crash 1,000 yards in front of us, killing her instantly.

Just out of curiosity, is the pain of losing your spouse what is causing you to be so hateful? I watched my spouse die. I do not hate mankind as a result.
BTW i am sorry for your and your childrens loss. Did she die right after giving birth? Or was she a deadbeat? You said you did "everything else" after she gave conceived and gave birth.
if thats the case why did you make such a bad choice in a breeding partner?

As far as "sounding educated" let me just say, I try to say things TRUTHFULLY. Unfortunately, there are alot of spineless, dishonest people in the world who CAN'T HANDLE the truth. If you know what I mean.

I'm plenty educated and my employer pays me well because of my education. I DON'T SUGAR COAT anything. The truth is the truth and people better realize it.

So people who dont want to accept YOUR version of the "truth" that men are superior to women are spineless and dishonest? What are you smoking? People BETTER realize it?
Thats a hefty demand to make. What if people "dont wanna and you cant make them"?
What are you going to do, stage a war? Sendeveryone who doesnt agree with you to a concentration camp? Seriously, we BETTER?
Dude you BETTER go take your blood pressure meds.

And since you hate what women have become, why dont you just stay away from women? Problem solved.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/22/2009 6:47:52 PM
Yes I did say MEN are SUPERIOR. Did I misspeak??

Nope.

You misthought.... misthunk?

SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/22/2009 7:18:46 PM
You stated this comment about your family to OpieDopey

No I didn't give birth to my 4 kids obviously. But I've done everything else since the birth of all my kids until each one of them graduated high school (and 2 who graduated college) with a 3rd one soon to graduate.

You saying you did everything since the births of all of your kids implies your wife did nothing.
My husband died, but he did ]\ake part raising the the kids UP UNTIL he died.

No need for blood pressure meds. I have to realize that "today's world" is filled with IDIOTS & MORONS.

Of course big guy. Im sure every time you look into the mirror you are reminded of that fact. ARE YOU RACIST AND HOMOPHOBIC AS WELL AS MISOGYNISTIC?
Do you hate blacks and asians and hispanics and gays and jews? Just curious?

And yes, I did EVERYTHING myself without help from anyone. From braiding hair to changing the car's oil
Wow how can any meet that high standard of braiding hair and changing oil? Does it get your panties in a know knowing women do hair and change oil as well?

I know the "truth". And its not just "my truth". It is the gospel truth. Unfortunately most folks (especially the younger generation to no fault) of their own, have NO clue what the truth is. Because a majority of them were raised by single moms who just didn't get it.

Ummmmn, its YOUR truth. I dont think God appointed you to decide what is gopsel and what isnt. Gospel truth is that we are all equal human beings, regardless of gender, race, religion, etc. In my humble opinion.
And i was not raised by a single mom.

Yes I hate what most women have become. And your suggestion is to "stay away from them".
I wish I could be I'm a hetrosexual sex machine.

Why on earth would you want to have sex with people you consider inferior to you? That makes no sense.
Why not go get a d*ck, if men are so superior?
Or are you just a little upset because the weaker sex isnt giving you the time of day?Misogyny hardly ever gets the pvssy bro.

It sounds like you can tolerate the idiots of society alot better than me. Is that because of your age or what?? And YOUR suggestion about concentration camps would be excellent if we could put all the LOSERS, PEDOPHILES, CHEATERS, & IDIOTS in one place in one state or on an island. Than maybe just maybe the world would be alot better place to live in.

No it is because I make the choice to judge people on their individual merits, not their gender.
Do women fit into the same class as pedophiles cheats losers etc?
The world would be a better place if there were no sexism.

I feel sorry for those kids who will NEVER know what a good marriage is all about, because their mother(more likely than not) decided her life would be better without a husband and father to her kids. (This is one type of moron I was explaining to you).

I doubt any of your kids have healthy ideas about marriage with the crap about male superiority you rant about. Did you beat your wife? Verbally berate her in front of the kids? if you taught your daughters that men are superior, you set them up to be domestic violence victims. Good job pops.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 5:57:45 AM
Ladies, instead of writing flame messages. I would presume that some of you have dated single fathers in the past, could you share your experiences. Good or Bad. Was it overall, better then dating someone without childern?
 hungry_joe
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 9:18:30 AM
Meplustwo, it didn't escape me. It was an attempt to bring the thread into a positive direction. I think you've all made your point. I really didn't want this to devolve into a gender arguement.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/23/2009 9:27:05 AM
This thread was overall very positive a few pages back...

What the hell happened!?!?
 hungry_joe
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:24:37 PM
Meplustwo, It was poorly worded, and you'll see that I tried to "fix" it in subsquent posts. The point I was trying to make is that is necessary for a man to have stated items whereas, those that believe in the tender years doctrine, a woman does not. As you can see, even in the intal post that it was a some not all senerio. I never said that the father was better then a mother. If you believe I did you misinterperted my meaning.

BTW I do okay in dating. I just haven't found anyone to be serious with yet. ;)
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/23/2009 5:03:48 PM
Wow i just agreed with everything M-church said, it is a scary day on pof LOL.

No I didn't beat my wife, but at times she could have used one......like alot of women on here I'n sure. But I NOT a physical or abusine person. Nice try though.

Just saying she could have used one, speaks volumes of your woman-hating mindset.
I hope your daughters never end up in a DV situation, you would probably tell them they deserved it and to go back for more. Yuck, just yuck.

I wasn't raised by a single mom either. Two parents....one dad( a man) and one mother ( a woman). Unlike your generation that is filled with "freaks" as two dads or two moms. So tell me, what is THAT lifestyle going to teach the "kids"???.

Neither was I. but just how HAPPY was your 2 parent home?
What lifestyle is my generation goin go teach the kids, oh i dont know, tolerance and not judging people on their gender or other inherent characteristics perhaps?

As far as YOU and people like you that believe "we are all equal". Guess what....we are NOT all equal. That's NOT bigotry...that's the truth. But you keep on living in your gay, bisexual, inbred, uneducated, lifestyle if that is what makes you feel good.

I am gay, bisexual, inbred, and uneducated? Wow nice to know. All this time i thought i was a heterosexual woman and that my folks werent related. Learn something new every day. And yes it is its purest form.

@sweetnessinlove^^^^^^^^

Another woman who has no idea what the hell she is talking about.

The only moron here is the one who talks like she knows me.

No I didn't beat my wife, but at times she could have used one......like alot of women on here I'n sure. But I NOT a physical or abusine person. Nice try though.

I wasn't raised by a single mom either. Two parents....one dad( a man) and one mother ( a woman). Unlike your generation that is filled with "freaks" as two dads or two moms. So tell me, what is THAT lifestyle going to teach the "kids"???.

As far as YOU and people like you that believe "we are all equal". Guess what....we are NOT all equal. That's NOT bigotry...that's the truth. But you keep on living in your gay, bisexual, inbred, uneducated, lifestyle if that is what makes you feel good.

As far as blacks, asians, hispanics, and jews, well all I can say is I love Hispanics. Asians make great food, my doctor and lawyer are jews, and the guy who picks up my garbage is black.
But you didnt answer, are you racist?
My garbageman is black also, as well as my childrens doctor and my attorney and my sons ese teacher. Amazing their not all garbagemen and drug dealers isnt it.

ay hi to your 3 kids for me. The ones with three different fathers. What are THEY going to learn from YOUR decisions and upbring? Maybe we can all watch Jerry Springer together, and you can tell me the people on the show that you know.
I have 3 kids? Wait what? Where did the 3rd come from? Last time i checked i had 2.
I guess i must have been strolling down the street and a 3rd baby plopped out of my vagina without my noticing it. Ladies, dont you hate it when that happens?

BTW, there are 2 fathers, not 3, the second i was married to and he died.
They are going to learn a lot from my decisions, as i have made more smart ones than dumb ones, and will be huge succeses, i am sure of that.
Maybe i will see some random big dude bellowing like a redneck that ran out of beer about his no good woman thats bonking his bother and the neighbors dog, that looks an awful lot like you, when i turn on jerry Springer.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Benefit of Dating Single Dad.