Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ok, here is a question.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 looptex1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
We have a situation in our county, I have another thread on here called safety for our children that speaks of the situation.
That thread may get deleted so I pose this question.
If a school required children to walk upto a half a mile to meet the bus.
And then walk upto 1/2 mile home after getting off the bus.
Would the school be considered knowingly endangering a child when making the child get off of the bus and walk down a road with no sidewalk and traffic traaveling the road?
Would the school be commiting child abuse when making the child walk in the rain or cold after geting off the bus?
Would the school be commiting the act of child neglect when putting a child off a a bus without adult supervision?
Really looking for legal advise instead of opinions, but they are welcome.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:18:26 PM
Legally, I don't know that any school is responsible for the method in which a child arrives to school or gets to a designated bus stop although I think the half mile mark is probably about average, i.e. outside that half mile there would be a bus pick-up. Property owners are responsible for maintaining property which would include an easement that is considered city property with expectations of mowing, etc., unless an area is unincorporated.

I have never lived in an unincorporated community, I would suggest you do some research on the internet about other communities having these issues and the regulations and laws that apply in your state, the majority of which are available online.

I would certainly research it but it would make more sense to band together as parents, carpool to the bus stop, speak with whoever owns the property on the corners about parking on someone's yard or rural area. If you want your children to be safe, you must plan for this while you are trying to sway the school system to listen to your concerns and find a better solution.

We start school this coming Monday, if I were in your position I would be talking to parents about how to manage the problem because you realistically aren't going to get what you want before the school year starts and what they are legally obligated to do depends on the laws of the state of GA, any federal laws that would apply, county and school district regulations.
 looptex1
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:34:51 PM
We have thought about the carpool, but there is 20 kids on this road, and nobody owns a minivan..lol ..go figure that one.
As for an easement, the people at the end of the road make it widerso to have plenty of room to turn around, and also make a driveway of sorts to where the bus could just go all the way around if they wanted to.
As for as parking goes, There is none. Even if the land owner would allow us to, there is a ditch on both side of the road which prevent parking anywhere except in the road.
There is several of us talking to the school or was untill they just said the decision is final.
I have searched the internet for any kind of information I can find about laws or just reccomendations for school buses.
I did find that the decision not to run any road is not supposed to be based only on the length.
The other considerations were,
walking conditions,,which I think would be sidewalks or something to that affect.
road conditions, I think that would be maybe how much traffic of maybe how many potholes were in it..
And satisfactory turning around conditions...of course we all know what that means.
We start here in 2 weeks..
 packagedealx3
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:43:31 PM
OP, contact your state and U.S. representatives, that is one of the things they are there for to give you direction on how to address the issue and what is legally required of any school system in the state and whether any federal laws apply.
 looptex1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:49:49 PM

Shouldn't the parents of said child / children be held responsible for not meeting/ making arrangements for their child when they got off the bus?

I don't know the ages of all of them, but mine are soon to be 6, 7, 9, and 16..
This is not always possible, people have to work to pay bills..
last year my 16 year oldwas on the bus and got off with my children, she watched them untill I got home.
This year that will not be the case, she will not arrive untill 1/2 or 1hour later because of changes in the times school starts this year.
I have to work or go on welfare, I prefer to work. I work for myself and somedays I would be home to get them, but other days I wouldn't.
If I worked a regular job, I couldn't tell my employer I can only work untill 3 oclock because I have to get my kids off the school bus.
Aftercare or a babysitter, some could afford it but, the majority could not.
friends or relatives,,,,,not all people have relatives that live close. Even then try to find a friedn or relative that will tell their employer they cant work because they have to get someone elses kids off the bus..
Now as for me, I am fairly confident I will be able to work something out. Even if it is home schooling them myself.
But there are many families affected by this, some are one parent families and the parent has to work, but can have someone to stay at home waiting on the kids.
Or maybe even a 2 parent home with only one car..one parent works and the other waits on the kids.
Then you have the families that are like my mother,
she lives with my sister and she watches my sisters kids while she isn't at home.
But she is not able to meet the bus, 1 she don't have a car and 2 she has had a stroke and can't walk the half mile to meet the bus.
What are families in that situation suppose to do?
 looptex1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:57:31 PM

OP, contact your state and U.S. representatives, that is one of the things they are there for to give you direction on how to address the issue and what is legally required of any school system in the state and whether any federal laws apply.

I have tried to do just that.
I have sent emails and made phones calls only to get no response emails and only getting to talk to the sec.
You wouldn't believe the people I have emailed, right up to the commander and chief..lol..
But in response to another poster,
It is my understanding that once a child leaves my home, they are considered to be in the care of the school system untill they are safely back home..And the work safe is a key word here..
But my understanding may also be very wrong also..
 looptex1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:04:56 PM

Legally, I don't know that any school is responsible for the method in which a child arrives to school or gets to a designated bus stop
This poses another question. Sometime or another while searching for infor on this matter.
I came across something that spoke about a designated bus stop,
I forget exactly what it said, but it did say the stop had to be designated.
Something along the lines that if the bus wasn't picking children up in front of their homes there had to be a designated bus stop.
What would be considered a designated stop?
Just them saying this is the place, or would they have to put up a sign or something, maybe a small building for them to get out of the weather?
 looptex1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:26:03 PM
KC, you are right there is no absolutes. I spoke with my oldest about it tonight, and I told her, That it isn't the walking I mind. Heck we could all use the exercise.
But it was the dangers of them walking. You mentioned some of my concerns.
Getting hit by a car, strangers grabbing them and even the weather.
I, myself would be willing to work out something with the schools, say like pick them up in the mornings. (it is dark and they shouldn't be walking down a busy street)
And let them walk in the afternoons as long as it wasn't raining or just freezing cold outside.
I'm sure that the parents on these roads, or this road anyways could work out something for children that didn't have parents at home or older siblings at home for a couple hours in the evening.
But to have one parent try to pick up all these children if it were raining would be impossible.
The road I live on has almost 20 kids that will be in school, kinda hard to get that many in a minivan..And they would make up about one quarter of the bus load anyways.
Now that may not be the case on every road.
I'm sure most would have an older student that could walk with the younger ones, but there is going to be some of them that don't.
And even if the parents wanted to work something out the school board has just said no, it is this way and thats final.
I am not asking the school to parent my kids, But I am asking that since the law requires them to attend school and I am require to intrust their safety to the school, that they at least make sure they arrive home safely.
It isn't like we are asking them to change, they have run these roads for years until now.
Oh yea, I like the remark about you not having any pants on. Made me laugh
 looptex1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:29:21 PM

This makes a lot of sense. If a parent isn't available to get the children to and from the bus stop, who is watching them at home before and after school, before they go to the bus in the morning, and after they get off the bus in the afternoon?

The answer is in message 8
 freetime2bme
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:42:31 AM
Q: Would the school be commiting the act of child neglect when putting a child off a a bus without adult supervision?
A: No, it is not the schools job to be at the buss stop it is the parents job. My girls school will not let grade K of the buss without some one at the stop for pick-up, if the parent/gardian is not there they are returned to the school. Then the parent has to go to the school to pick them up; if it happens more then once the child is no longer allowed to ride the buss. 1st grade on is allowed to walk home from the stop on their own. If there is a problem it is on the parerent/gardian to make arangments not the government or the school. I remember one case were there was construction and the drive let a student off on the other side of a busy road (not the designated stop) and the student was struck and killed; in that case the school and driver were held accountable. This only happened because it was not the regulare stop. Seems to often parents want the school to do there job for them. If there is a problem parents do not have to have their children ride the buss at all, they can pick them up at the school. The parent should know better then the school if their child can walk to and from the buss stop. My street has sidewalks, but my kids have the smarts to know if there is no sidewalk to walk in the dirt not in the street. If some kids don't the parent not the school should take action.
 pacomezcal01
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/18/2009 7:31:50 AM
First, and most important question I have for you is: Why are you putting the liability onto the school system?
YOU as a PARENT are responsible for making sure your school gets to school. If the school requires your children to walk, they walk (or you take them to scho0l) VERY simple. Secondly, every one of these questions have an answer. . . it just may be one that you do not like. You hit the nail on the head with you statement: "Would the school be commiting the act of child neglect when putting a child off a a bus without adult supervision?" Who would be the adult in this situation? In most cases it would be the parent or someone the parent designates to have supervision of the child. They are liable for making sure YOUR child comes home after he/she gets off the bus.
If the school would be responsible for all you ask for, then essentially your school system would bankrupt itself in liability. There would also be another can of worms that would be opened... is the school liable if your kid fails because he/she is not doing their homework? is it liable if the PARENTS aren't making sure he/she does their homework? Are they liable if your kid rides a bike to the bus stop and breaks his arm in a fall? (never mind the question of the time frame of medical care for the broken arm) . . . and on, and on, and on....
I don't mean to sound like I don't understand your problem, but all of your complaints/observations have solutions. . . . YOU have to plan, organize, and attack the school district. Go to the administration meetings as a group of parents and let them know that as PARENTS, this is unacceptable! But most importantly, have an alternative plan that asks for MORE than you want. As you know, they will negotiate down from there....
Your congressman, if he is like mine, does not care about what does not benefit his re-election. Keep it local, and if you bother this school district enough, they may start to change their ideas of the bussing program.
I wish you luck! May your kids be safe and happy!

just my .02
 freetime2bme
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/18/2009 10:03:50 AM
See if they don't hold the school resposible in Australia, were dingo's run off with kids all the time on the way home from school, they should not do it in the USA, were there is no dingo problem. Parents just need to put that responsibility on themselfs and not wish for the schools or government to do every thing for them.
 looptex1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/19/2009 2:43:18 PM
expat57, I am not asking the school to do anything it hasn't done for 15 years.
They have just this year decided to do this.
Here is their reasons given. To save time and money,
Time wise, there is a total of 12 miles they are cutting out.
That 12 mile is not just one bus but several buses.
lets just assume it is 6 buses, that is 2 miles per bus..
How long does it take for a bus to go 2 miles? That is how much time they are saving.
Money wise, a bus get 4-6 miles per gallon, deisal gas is around $3 per gallon but we will say $4 just incase it goes up.
12 miles divided by4 is 3 gallons of gas, times by $4 equals $12
Now also keep in mind that $12 dollars is total saved over the entire bus system not each bus.
So asking to keep doing what they were already doing isn't putting a burden on thier budget.
Also consider the fact, I outlined a way for them to do as they always have done and save drive less miles than they would be driving after doiong away with these roads.
Not anyone with common sense and a desire to save money would take the advise.
But anyways it is what it is.

As far as the school commiting abuse for making a child walk in the rain or cold after getting off the bus I have to say thats just ridiculious of you to even mention that. What are you raising for a kid?? The bubble boy or girl??

I didn't sya they were, I was asking.. The reason I asked was this, If I were to allow my kids stay out in the rain, cold or whatever, the children would be getting sick alot. If I were letting my kids run up and down the highway a 5.30 in the morning what do you think the department of family and childrens services would say?
They would say I was endangering their health and neglecting them.
That is why I asked that question, I was wanting to know why the school can make my child do something I couldn't even allow without getting my children taken away,

As far as the school commiting an act of child negligence for putting a child off the bus w/out supervision, well where are YOU when the kid gets off the bus????
working to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table and power,,
Maybe it is just where I live, but employers don't care what time the bus runs, they expect you to work your shift..

There so many parents today that have NO clue whats going on. I feel sorry for all of them. And their kids, well their going to grow up as spoiled lame brains with no idea how to handle any kind of anything out of the norm.

I have no idea how you come up with kids being spoiled/
If you are referring to this post, my kids would walk,
but I won't allow mine to walk down a busy road, without sidewalks,without street lights, going by a drug dealers house, and sexual offenders living close by at 5.30 in the morning.
If me protecting my children is spoiling them, then they are spoiled.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/19/2009 4:12:50 PM
"Here is their reasons given. To save time and money"

WOW a school that has a county that has a good goal. I too don't buy the $12 bit. The rules are set. Were I live is students will walk no more then 1.5 miles. I now I did more than that as a kid and it was up hill both ways lol.

"The reason I asked was this, If I were to allow my kids stay out in the rain, cold or whatever, the children would be getting sick alot. If I were letting my kids run up and down the highway a 5.30 in the morning what do you think the department of family and childrens services would say?
They would say I was endangering their health and neglecting them. "

Then drive them to the bus stop, that is what I do when it is bad weather.

You people that want he government to do it all for you, need to get a clue!!!

looptex1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/19/2009 4:15:02 PM
Cutting 12 miles off school bus routes could mean 100,000 savings for a school board.. that could mean 3 teachers or 4 or 5 teachers aides. It could mean the difference between having 35 kids in your kids classes to having 30.

Could you explain how cutting 12 miles from a bus route saves that kind of money.
The only thing saved is the mile,coverted to gas,converted to cost of gas.

My advice to those that think they can do it better than the current politicians.. GET YOUR GAME ON and RUN!!! Its called an election for a reason!
That is my plan..

Then drive them to the bus stop, that is what I do when it is bad weather.

You people that want he government to do it all for you, need to get a clue!!!

I leave for work at 5.30, the bus wont run untill 6..
I sometimes don't get home untill 6 or 7, the bus will be returning then at 4.
As for getting a clue, I pay taxes to the state, and county of which I reside.
The not only do my school taxes the county get entitle me to ask for the bus come by my house just like it does every other tax payers house.
But also the state gives the school money because my child attends that school.
One would think that if the state were going to give the school money for a child attending their school, they would be willing to drive 1/2 mile to pick them up..
I have a clue, I know that most superintendents in this state make 6 digit salary figures for working 9 months out of the year, one of them even makes over 300,000.
if the budget is tight right there would be the 1st place i'd find some money.
I also know that our county just spent or should i say currently spending.
They bought 120 acres to build a new high school, not because of over crouding but so our football team would stay in the triple a class.
They paid 12 million for the land, the land they bought is haveing to have so much work to it, it is unreal.
It floods everytime it rains, and their educated engineers are taking the highest part of the land down instead of building it up..where do they think the water and the next problem is coming from..
But, the next county over bought 120 acres for less than half of what we purchased this for..Yes there was a big stink in the county about it but it was to late when everyone found out.
Did we need the school? I would say not, the school isn't going to open untill next year but they have already split our exsisting school houses up and legally starting the school this year. They already have a football team and the whole nine yards.
So it seems we now have 2 schools in the same amount of buildings and nobody has mentioned everything about over crowding.
We pay over 100,000 dollars a year for a landscaping company to keep the grass cut.
This is county land, the county should take care of that.
Or even the custodians can ride a lawn mower.
We only have 7 schools here, all ages combined.
I can see alot of places to cut money without taking away any services to the studdent or anyone losing jobs.
Well except for the land scaping company, they would lose the account. and surly they are not basing the future of their bussiness on one account.

looptex1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/19/2009 5:00:43 PM
consciousSoul,
I am not going to quote your whold message but will reply.
The roads they are cutting out, have no redlights.
They are secondary road that are 1/2 mile or less. So the time travel only take the amount of time to dive the distance only stoping for the children.
I don't have the paper with me, but I will try to remember close to the amounts taken off.
We have 7 districts, 1 district was taking off 2 milef for the whole distric.
Another one was maybe 1 mile, and another maybe a mile and 3 tenths.
But the total for all districts is 12 miles.
The bus drivers are payed a salary, not by the hour. Maybe in other places by the hour but not in our county.
So in this case, the money save by time does not exsist.
As for the insurance, I have no idea. It could possibly affect it, I dont know.
But just to quote the board.,,, School is starting earlier this year because or the calander year changes made. It takes to long for a bus to turn around on the secondary roads.
Now that is exactly what they said..now someone with common sense would know that it dont take long to turn a bus arond if the person driving is qualified to drive a bus.
Especially when areas have been widend just for that purpose.
Also that since the 12 mile is split up between several bus not much time is saved.
Just some info so you can understand whay I say the above statements.
There is 39 roads that have been cut, in 7 different districts.
I think the most any single district has cut is 7 roads.
So take that number and split it up between 2 or 3 buses .
You will have 2 or 3 buses turning around 2 or 3 extra times. If it take 5 minutes for each turn around you save 15 mins..
And since the bus drivers are on salary, money wise they haven't saved anything just the time.
The other reason was money.
now as I said, I don't know about the insurance. But the only way they are saving money is by the gas they are saving. Which is just $12.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/20/2009 5:07:40 AM
"As for getting a clue, I pay taxes to the state, and county of which I reside.
The not only do my school taxes the county get entitle me to ask for the bus come by my house just like it does every other tax payers house."

Check the state/county laws/regulations on this and I believe you will find you are not entitled nore is the school requiered to have the buss stop at your house. Were I live the distance from a house to the school or buss stop will be no more then 1.5 miles. It might be more or less were you live, but I would bet there is no requierment for the buss to stop at any ones house. As the gass prices went up and revinues went down, lots of schools have had to make ajustments. If you have to go to work before the buss and are not home when the buss gets back and you do not think your kids have what it takes to walk down the road you should get a sitter, get a friend to help or find a new job. It is not on the school it is on you as the parent.
 looptex1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/20/2009 2:22:55 PM

Looptex1,

Let's turn it around, just for a minute.

If all they are saving is $12.00 and a difference of 15 minutes with no salary impact, then why would they do it?

What I am trying to say here is that it would be very unlikely that the school board decided to do all of these cut.... for a close to zero profit. It makes no sens.
They know that the parents won't like it, and yet they decided to do so. Obviously there are some variables you aren't seeing here. I simply cannot see the school board making these cuts for "just for fun". Be it financial or political, be it for safety reasons or for whatever other reasons they aren't telling you - there gotta be something.

As a parent, you are entitled to know why they did it. So - like many other posters said - you can probably try to meet the school board and try to know more. But I would advice against throwing yourself into a battle without first knowing the real reasons behind it... especially since there might be real costs that you simply cannot think of right now. Nobody would go through all the troubles of changing these rules if there was no gain behind it for anyone.

Your hit the nail on the head, we did meet with the school board.
And these were the reason theygave to us.
I even told them how much money would be saved, and they did not dispute the numbers.
The superintendent said. That the bus drivers and the director of transportation made this request and they also determined the roads to be cut.
when requesting they change it back, and even stateing the concerns the phrase we hear is the state does not require us to go down these roads.
And they are right, it does not require them to, but it does not prohibit them from doin it either.
2 local papers and 2 local tv stations have did reports on the matter, speaking with parents and with member of the school board.
Not one time has one of the spokemen for the school board disputed the numbers they have been given as to the saving of money.
Hear is a quote by a spokesman for the school when interviewed by the channel 3 news.
..The news person asked about the concerns about the 17 sexual predaters within a 3 mile radius of one of the roads and the 80 something in the county.
The spokesman for the schools reply was,,Mr. Smith numbers are close, we have 82 sexual offenders in the county, it is bad that we have that many. But we only have one sexual predater and he doesn't live close to MR. Smiths road.
There is a differance in a sexual offender and a sexual predater. A sexual offender is not likely to do it again..
Now those were his exact words..
I have 2 questions concerning his statementI am going to ask if I do get a meeting linee up.
1st. Does this sexual predater live close to any childs house? It isn't just my kids I am doing this for.
2nd.. If they are not worried about the 80 something offenders because they are not likely to do it again, then why are they reqiore to register where they live, why are they not allowed to be within or live within a certain distance from schools,parks, or any place children gather.
His statement seems as if my road is the only one they have cut and this concern is invalid. It might be invalid for this road but it is a valid concern for others..
 looptex1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 8/20/2009 3:02:19 PM

Are you seriously telling me that you think leaving your children unattended after school is good parenting?

No, untill this year my oldest daughter was at home when they got off the bus.
She is 16, but no due to the calender year changing and the buses changing. She will not get off the bus untill after they have gotten off the bus.

Sorry but your math skills on this really make no sense..

It is simple math, division and addition. apparently you can't figure how much money in gas it cost to drive X amount of miles by using how many miles per gallon your car gets, so I will not even attemp to explain it to you.

If your job requires you to work from 6 until 6, and still cannot afford childcare, then you need to be creative about your situation.

My job requires I travel everyday for work.. Somedays I may be 15 miles from work, somedays I may be 200 miles from work.
That is why somedays I leave a 4 or 5 or 5.30 in the morning.
It depends on how far I have to drive.
And then there is somedays I am only 5 miles from work and leave at 7 or 8 and get home at 12 or 1 in the evening..
And this isn't just about me, I can work things out for the most part, but there is many parents that cant due to them only having one vehical, or maybe they are single and have to work also.
As I said earlier. There is people that dont have friends and relatives that can help.
Most peoples friends and relative work just like they do.
And it is going to come down to some parents having to decide to work and keep their family supported, or quit and wait on their children to get of the bus.
And believe me, if children, not only mine but others were walking in safe conditions and there wasn't a threat of getting run over or one of the 80 sexual offenders decideing to have at it again. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Heck I used to go to town on my bike when I was 10 and 12 years old. But things were different then.
This law or guideline for bus routes may have been the perfect thing when it was written.
But, just as we see new laws being made because of new problems each and everyday, and just as we see old laws get done away with because they are outdated.
This law or guideline needs updated or done away with.
The guidelines to consider to determine bus routes are are follows.
lenght in the road 1/2 mile or less
walking conditions
route conditions
And something else.
The only thing they considered was the distance.
The walking conditions are unsafe, dark at pick up with no street lights, no sidewalks. Traffic and eccesive traffic on many of the road due to the school being down the highway or constuction.
The route conditions are safe, they are all paved roads.
The guieline says these 4 things should be considered, not just one..
Maybe they should make clear guidelines instead of just saying walking conditions.
Walking conditions in one area can be safe without sidewalks, but other roads without enough room to walk 3 or 4 feet away from the road would not be safe without sidewalks.
 MillingtonMom
Msg: 20
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:36:38 AM
there was recently an incident where a child was walking home from school and went missing. The poor child was later found dead in the local trash dump. The schools take no responsibility what so ever. Because she lived within a mile of the school she was not eligible to ride the bus. The parents have to be solely responsible for the saftey of their children. Find a way to get them to school that you are comfortable with. It is unreasonable to believe that the school systems can afford to get each and every child that attends it's schools picked up and dropped off at their front doors.
 4UMaybe
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:24:10 PM
You need to looking into a babysitter for before and after school. Many of us work long hours and have to pay for babysitters or before and aftercare until the children are old enough and can handle being alone for a time.

I hope you have a babysitter for when they get home because you are away to long for them to be alone. Have the babysitter meet the bus.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Ok, here is a question.
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:52:58 PM
I am not sure where you live, but I know that a barrage of phone calls to the bus company from concerned parents in my area resulted in changes in locations of the bus stops. Kids on my street are dropped off at the bottom of their driveways. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

As for the money, well, the bus company works for you; your employee, of sorts. My understanding is that they are paid a set amount for the contract, X number of days in the school calendar. Our tax dollars at work.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ok, here is a question.