Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 .dej
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Bachmann..... For President 12.... Will She get your Vote?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bachmann-benefitted-from-federal-home-loan-program/2011/07/19/gIQAI12raI_story.html?wpisrc=nl_pmpolitics

Just another bit of hypocrisy among so many others.

Again, that is not hypocrisy
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Bachmann..... For President 12.... Will She get your Vote?
Posted: 7/27/2011 6:24:25 PM
Bachmann bullies. Bullying has consequences.
http://www.alternet.org/sex/151783/9_kids_in_2_years_killed_themselves_in_michele_bachmann%27s_district_--_did_bachmann%27s_anti-gay_allies_contribute_to_a_mental_health_crisis/
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/27/2011 6:38:03 PM
^^^^EP...that's perhaps the sadest thing I've read in a long time...9 kids in 2 years in Michele Bachmann's district committed suicide....yea, Bachmann's stance on Gay's definately had a part in all that...how sad that a person of her low character is even concidered for the Presidency.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2011 10:07:55 AM
Backmann, Perry, and Palin are NAR candidates. There is very little coverage of their connections and the very radical nature of what the NAR has planned for the US and the world.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/07/20117259426336524.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-perry-the-evangelicals-behind-the-response-2011-7-21?op=1
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/28/2011 11:01:29 AM

Really, we are going to examine real estate deals to disqualify a candidate?

No...we don't like Bachmann and disqualify her because she's really a bad person in an evangelical disguise:

July 26, 2011 |

The first was TJ. Then came Samantha, Aaron, Nick, and Kevin. Over the past two years, a total of nine teenagers have committed suicide in a Minnesota school district represented by Rep. Michele Bachmann—the latest in May—and many more students have attempted to take their lives. State public health officials have labeled the area a "suicide contagion area" because of the unusually high death rate.

Some of the victims were gay, or perceived to be by their classmates, and many were reportedly bullied. And the anti-gay activists who are some of the congresswoman's closest allies stand accused of blocking an effective response to the crisis and fostering a climate of intolerance that allowed bullying to flourish. Bachmann, meanwhile, has been uncharacteristically silent on the tragic deaths that have roiled her district—including the high school that she attended.

http://www.alternet.org/sex/151783/9_kids_in_2_years_killed_themselves_in_michele_bachmann%27s_district_--_did_bachmann%27s_anti-gay_allies_contribute_to_a_mental_health_crisis/

Thanks for the link EP
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2011 11:02:59 AM
Jon Stewart did a fine piece yesterday on the Conservatives as Victims in the Christian Extremist Norway terrorism.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed-july-27-2011-rachel-weisz?fb_ref=share_fblike&fb_source=home_multiline

These people are so funny in not seeing their hypocrisy.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/30/2011 5:26:36 AM

July 26, 2011 |

The first was TJ. Then came Samantha, Aaron, Nick, and Kevin. Over the past two years, a total of nine teenagers have committed suicide in a Minnesota school district represented by Rep. Michele Bachmann—the latest in May—and many more students have attempted to take their lives. State public health officials have labeled the area a "suicide contagion area" because of the unusually high death rate.

Some of the victims were gay, or perceived to be by their classmates, and many were reportedly bullied. And the anti-gay activists who are some of the congresswoman's closest allies stand accused of blocking an effective response to the crisis and fostering a climate of intolerance that allowed bullying to flourish. Bachmann, meanwhile, has been uncharacteristically silent on the tragic deaths that have roiled her district—including the high school that she attended.

She could be Christ reincarnate and shed still be rejected simply because shes "too religious" -meaning any candidate that refuses to check their religious principles at the door.

Well, I don't know who your God is, but mine is one of understanding and compassion, and tolerance...not one who alienates and ridicules...Bachmann's ridiculing of gays is in my belief detestable/mean spirited/intolerant...but, I think she embodies the views of the evangelical conservative perfectly.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2011 6:56:25 AM
Bachmann is the ideal candidate for Islamophobes, Homophobes, Racists, and McCarthyites. Her preacher, Bradlee Dean is such a bastion of religiousity and love for his fellow white Christians...not many others though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/08/bradlee-dean-rants-video_n_893557.html
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2011 6:44:45 AM
Bachmann on Gays..
■“It’s part of Satan I think to say that this is “gay.” It’s anything but gay.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
■“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

■“You have a teacher talking about his gayness. (The elementary school student) goes home then and says “Mom! What’s gayness? We had a teacher talking about this today.” The mother says “Well, that’s when a man likes other men, and they don’t like girls.” The boy’s eight. He’s thinking, “Hmm. I don’t like girls. I like boys. Maybe I’m gay.” And you think, “Oh, that’s, that’s way out there. The kid isn’t gonna think that.” Are you kidding? That happens all the time. You don’t think that this is intentional, the message that’s being given to these kids? That’s child abuse.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
■“Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, on homosexuality as a mental disorder, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
■“It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-​12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” – Senator Michele Bachmann, on what will happen if her same-​sex marriage ban amendment fails to pass in 2004, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News,” hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004
■“This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, on the gay community and same-​sex marriage, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.
■“The sex curriculum will be essentially by taught by the local gay community.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, if her same-​sex marriage ban amendment does not pass in 2004, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

■“And what a bizarre time we’re in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004.
■“Our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it, and that’ll be very soon in our public schools all across the state, beginning in kindergarten.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004.
■“We are wide open and vulnerable and in all likelihood an activist judge will strike down our Defense of Marriage Act, our state law against gay marriage, this year. And in all likelihood, we will have gay marriage in 2004 in Minnesota , if we don’t get this amendment on the ballot for November.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

Her racism tends to be more coded and seemingly subtle sometimes. The NAACP had condemned her Tea Party as "explicitly racist", which is pretty easy to see when you hear the opinions and see the signs. And the first bullet point in the Pledge she recently signed stated.."“Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President".

"I’m not a racist. I love brown people. I was down the road in Wilson the other day and those people make great barbecue. And I’m a great politician. We all have our role to play."
Michel Bachmann, 2011 at a pool party in Raleigh, NC.

"Iran is the trouble maker, trying to tip over apple carts all over Baghdad right now because they want America to pull out. And do you know why? It’s because they’ve already decided that they’re going to partition Iraq.

And half of Iraq, the western, northern portion of Iraq, is going to be called…. the Iraq State of Islam, something like that. And I’m sorry, I don’t have the official name, but it’s meant to be the training ground for the terrorists. There’s already an agreement made.

They are going to get half of Iraq and that is going to be a terrorist safe haven zone where they can go ahead and bring about more terrorist attacks in the Middle East region and then to come against the United States because we are their avowed enemy."
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/31/2011 4:03:57 PM
Holy Batshyte Batman...I need to adjust my tinfoil helmet...the microwaves are starting to fry my brain...

Bachmann is a bigot and racist...and anyone who uses Gods name to demean and riduicule any person, gays and minorities included, on Gods green earth has a false God.

Nope, Bachmann won't be getting my vote.
 itechman63
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2011 2:29:21 PM

anyone who uses Gods name to demean and riduicule any person, gays and minorities included, on Gods green earth has a false God.

Well, I wouldn't say that her God is a false God but I do believe that she among many others such as the "Christians" that protest at soldier's funerals with "God Hates Fags" signs are in for a big surprise when they do meet their God.
 CountIbli
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:03:35 PM
"Bachmann on Gays.."

I disagree with everything she said about gays, but none of it was ridicule.

"Her racism tends to be more coded and seemingly subtle sometimes. The NAACP had condemned her Tea Party as 'explicitly racist', which is pretty easy to see when you hear the opinions and see the signs. And the first bullet point in the Pledge she recently signed stated..'Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President'. "

There's nothing racist there. It may be historically incorrect (I have no idea how often slave families were broken up) but single parent black families are as high as 70% in some states and not much lower in the rest.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:46:51 PM
Some of my best friends are not that racist. Even black people who make barbecue have their roles to play...Nope..."tolerance" up the whazoo for a nordic, midwest, theocrat, xenophobe...you betcha.
"I’m not a racist. I love brown people. I was down the road in Wilson the other day and those people make great barbecue. And I’m a great politician. We all have our role to play."
Michel Bachmann, 2011 at a pool party in Raleigh, NC.
 jed456
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2011 12:57:36 PM

She could be Christ reincarnate and shed still be rejected simply because shes "too religious" -meaning any candidate that refuses to check their religious principles at the door.

Sarcasm duly noted however christ would not make a good politician you see he ministered to the poor the downtrodden.And no every president has been religous in some way Bachmann I consider a zealot along with palin.God bless america is a catchphrase by all the politicians my god just imagine if they didnt finish with that. Or "gasp" if a politician didnt wear thier little american flag pin[which is probably made in china.]
 CountIbli
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/9/2011 1:39:10 PM
"'I love brown people' does sort of make one cringe..."

I take it then that you don't like brown people.

I can see where the word brown might be offensive though. Maybe we should go back to calling them Negros, as in the United Negro College Fund. Or maybe colored people is better, as in National Association of Colored People.
 CountIbli
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/9/2011 2:39:58 PM
"Just call people, people and stop addressing them by skin colour all together."

That's a good idea, but how are colleges and businesses then going to prove that they don't discriminate against people of certain skin colors that we shouldn't mention?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/9/2011 2:48:15 PM

That's a good idea, but how are colleges and businesses then going to prove that they don't discriminate against people of certain skin colors that we shouldn't mention?

Well, perhaps there's a difference between colleges/businesses and politicians speaking to the general public....yanno, those little ethnicity boxes that need to be checked on applicatians that the person of ethnic origion is responsible for checking...vs...a politician speaking about all the cute little brown people.

Yea, Bachmann is a racist...and a gay basher...and wouldn't be getting my vote should the teapublicans actually be so foolish as to nominate her.
 CountIbli
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/9/2011 10:56:11 PM
"Yea, Bachmann is a racist...and a gay basher...and wouldn't be getting my vote should the teapublicans actually be so foolish as to nominate her."

The establishment has already spoken. Romney is going to be the nominee. He's probably going to choose Bachmann as his running mate because given the choice between Romney and Obama conservatives won't bother voting without a conservative on the ticket.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2011 8:15:37 PM
" I love white people..they eat the saltine crackers and love oreos...and I'm a great politician!".

Hmmm. If Obama said that???

As for zealots, hopefully most followers of Christ do not have end times fantasies that put them into positions of controlling the nuclear trigger that can end all life on earth because of their beliefs. Both Palin and Bachmann are part of the end times fringe movement that wants to turn the US and the world into a Christian Theocracy, would love to nuke the Arabs and Muslims, and have had their gods speak to them directly to tell them to bring it on. I dearly hope that they are outside of the mainstream of the Followers of Christ. If you are not paying attention to their alliances and beliefs, and are still not scared spitless, you are not paying attention. There is very little crazy in the world that can compete with our crazies. Perry, Palin and Bachmann are the Christain Taliban, riding their horses of the aplocalypse.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/13/2011 11:41:32 AM
~OT~ She won't get my vote, but she gets a "high five" from me for being honest about her role in her marriage. All the silliness in the media about her being in a traditional-gender-role relationship makes me just *******sigh*******. Too bad no one asked Mitt about his relationship style at home. Knowing the Mormon faith as I do, he's definitely got a "submissive" wife at home. Sort of interesting to me that this is not being discussed, yet Ms. Bachmann is being chastised for a successful 33 year marriage based on "traditional gender roles." Just makes NO sense to me in this "family values" obsessed society. **shrugs** JMO
 CountIbli
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/13/2011 3:54:49 PM
"At last night's debate Bachmann was asked about being submissive to her husband. (She didn't like the idea of becoming a tax attorney but did so because it's what her husband wanted) She was asked if she were to become president, would she still be submissive to her husband. "

And she didn't really answer the question. I didn't get to see the most of debate, but I did see a lot of question dodging. Even Ron Paul ran away from the polygamy question
 trinity818
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:03:30 PM

At last night's debate Bachmann was asked about being submissive to her husband. (She didn't like the idea of becoming a tax attorney but did so because it's what her husband wanted) She was asked if she were to become president, would she still be submissive to her husband. "

The idea of having a president who is "submissive" is disturbing to me. But if Michele actually follows Christian doctrine, then she must be submissive to her husband.

And she didn't really answer the question.
That would require a song and dance.

If a woman ever DOES get elected as POTUS she will probably be a Democratic or a moderate Republican, as opposed to a conservative for that very reason. (submissive as required by Christian doctrine.) I just don't see how the conservatives can overlook that. But then, I guess voters will overlook quite a lot as evidenced by history.

So to answer the OP...No. She will not get my vote. I'm a moderate. I'm hoping for Romney.
 trinity818
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:31:12 PM

There is talk of becoming a third party.

I would love to see that happen. But, talk is cheap.

Maybe if the TeaParty would take all the really ultra conservatives with them, the Republicans could move towards the middle. Personally, I'm conservative about economics and immigration, but liberal about personal rights.

My mother was a feminist and my father is a conservative. I'm a little bit of both.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 6:16:03 AM
Bachmann is still fearful of the Soviet Union, 20 years after it disintegrated.
http://rt.com/usa/news/bachmann-soviet-union-threat/
And she loved to play Doctor as a grownup.
http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/michele-bachmann-not-doctor-phd
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:39:11 PM
Not a chance in hell.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >