Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex on the first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluewyngs_
Msg: 27
sex on the first datePage 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Anything is possible, but 9 out of 10 times sex on a 1st date is the 'start of the end'.

I find when I strongly like a guy I don't want to sleep with him the first night. The anticipation makes it so much more fun. This could be different if it is someone you've been talking to for any period of time. Even though you may not have actually dated, chatting and talking to someone continuously brings you to know a person quite quickly, so the 1st date may actually feel like the 4th.

And honestly, from a girl's point of view, if a guy wants to do me on the first date, then I know right away that is the extent of his intentions. Then it just depends on what kind of person he is, and how much he has ignited my interests . . .
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 28
sex on the first date-- depends on the two ppl that is involved....
Posted: 12/24/2006 8:38:25 AM
depends on the two ppl.... MY relationships were mostly started that way & ended up either living together & an engagement or even a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP.. I get complimented a lot that I am the one that carries the relationship & I am good @ it too.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 29
sex on the first date-- depends on the two ppl that is involved....
Posted: 12/24/2006 3:26:37 PM
depends on the two ppl.... MY relationships were mostly started that way & ended up either living together & an engagement or even a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP.. I get complimented a lot that I am the one that carries the relationship & I am good @ it too

they all lasted a long time too= first one was 7 years, 2nd one was first fiancee 4 years, 3rd one was 2nd fiancee 2 years n 4 mos & last one was 3rd fiancee 1 year & 7 months. no one night stands most of them were committed to be in a relationship....

Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 30
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/24/2006 7:39:43 PM
NOPE !

Whore on the first date....sets the tone for the whole relationship. I don't care what others wanna say.

Male or female, it's a whorish thing to do and it's a mistake. It rarely, if ever, leads to a healthy normal relationship.

Why ?

Because you'll always be thinking, if he/she slept with me on the first date, was I special or does he/she do this all the time ?

Not a good foundation for a relationship IMO.

And before you all think Im a prude....think again !!

LMAO......it's done it quite a few times in my life BUT I knew full well in advance, it would never lead to a "decent" relationship
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 31
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/24/2006 10:59:13 PM
Sorry that u went through that,,,lil red riding hood...

but u dont call everyone Whore on the first date

because like myself my relationships lasted long and it worked out for me

and I am sure it worked out for others as well...

everyone just has the LUCK OF THE IRISH and some dont....
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 32
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/25/2006 2:23:19 PM
Went throught what Pebbles ?

It's my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the whole point of the forums. Opinions !

I gave mine based on numerous relationships I've been in as well as friends.

I didn't say it "never" works. I just said rarely. Why set a bad foundation ?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/25/2006 7:22:42 PM
Ahhh ~ the old "whore" label. Now that is funnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Cliches never die. I guess that's why they are cliches, and for the most part ~ very 1960s.

I don't do the first date sex thing ~ simply because I don't date. If I were communicating with someone for a long time, liked him and he liked me, I might be inclined to ditch this whole abstinence/celibacy thing and have first date sex. If it works, it works. And I am definitely no whore.

I had first date sex one time in my life, I married him a year later. Today, it just depends on me, him and our situation. I certainly don't believe women are sluts for having sex on the 1st, 3rd, or 50th date. We like sex just as much as men, those who use such ugly labels are either jealous or have guilt ~ Slut/whore/ho/etc., are outdated and grossly misused terms. JMO
 sparticuss
Msg: 34
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:03:13 AM
Never mind the sex.

I'll tell you what really wrecks a promising relaitonship.

It's when he goes to simply kiss you goodnight and give you a hug and you start screaming rape.

And yes, I've known quite a few stuipd bimbos who've done this. And then genuinely wondered why he didn't call them back. Why there was no second date. And some fo these nutters for "dating by the rules" would have been quite happy with sex on the second or third date.

It's lack of affection on ALL or any date that kills the relationship. Not lack of sex.
 roadblock
Msg: 37
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/12/2007 8:32:02 AM
on my last relationship, on the same night we had our first date we had sex 3 times and again the next day... I don't see what's wrong with sex on a first date... Eventhough the relationship is not about sex it's still fun to do it on the first day... I don't think sex has anything to do with taking it fast and even if you know it's not gonna work out hop in the bed anyway it's worth a while;)
 techgirl27
Msg: 38
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/12/2007 9:17:11 AM
nope. bc if a guy wants more than just that, he usually will respect you and the relationship enough to wait a little.

I have never had one work out that did that (thankfully that was only a few times).

Usually it means that the guy is in it for just that, and will be gone faster than you can make
coffee the next morning.
 Americanmade1943
Msg: 39
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/21/2007 5:20:00 AM
Sex on the first date is 3 parts chemistry to 1 part frame of mind. If your going to feel guilty then you aren't in the right frame of mind. 60's frame of mind has nothing to do with it. It is all in the individual. Luckily I have had some good chemistry teachers, some very good & a few excellent teachers. The excellent ones lasted 7 yrs., 2 @ 5 yrs each & the last lasted 30 years which now brings me to POF. To the best of my experience "Nothing last forever" so do what you can when you can & enjoy it. I don't go to forums very often. Should you have a comment you wish to share w/me please E me on POF
 roadblock
Msg: 40
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 1:48:24 PM
Sex is not the defining factor in whether or not a relationship will come about but its a good way to find out if both are sexually compatible
 roadblock
Msg: 41
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 1:55:14 PM
Most of my relationships work out better when I have sex right away so I guess it doesn't make sense to wait
 Farkis McSwifflebum
Msg: 42
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 3:11:20 PM
I've never had first-date sex. Not that I'm opposed to it; I'd do it, but only with the right person. And by "right person" I don't just mean anyone who is willing. There's lots to consider here.

You need to get a feel for if the person is sane or not. If they are clearly insane, it might be a good idea to wait until date 2 or 3.

Are you attracted to this person? Let's face it, there are few things worse than having sex with someone you find repulsive. Oh, how I wish I didn't know that. Trust me, don't do it.

Will sex on the first date doom the relationship? Well something is bound to doom the relationship sooner or later, so it might as well be something cool like that.
 Tarika
Msg: 43
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 4:01:13 PM
Now, seriously what do you think op?
 dandydan45
Msg: 44
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 4:32:32 PM
Im torn on this. I guess I am like most guys just a hound dog at heart. But we want to show respect and look for that SPECIAL connection. Most 1st dates I never try and get too emotionally attached. Deep down inside we get that crushed feeling when it just seems to fizzle. Why complicate things too early. Besides the 1st time with a new mate should be special for if it turns out to be the one - and you never know. It will live in your heart forever.
 XXUnsocialGirlXX
Msg: 45
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 5:08:22 PM
I had sex with one of my ex boyfriends on the first night and ended dating for a month and a half I believe.
 kikilynn
Msg: 46
sex on the first date
Posted: 2/2/2007 8:22:31 PM
If any of our relationships stemming from sex on the first date had really "worked", would any of us be here???

Hummmmm....

But, I have had relationships out of sex on the first date, yes.
 PC2000
Msg: 47
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 3/27/2007 7:17:50 PM
Yes, I had SEXational sex on the first date and the relation lasted over seven years.

PC2000
 call me J
Msg: 48
sex on the first date
Posted: 3/27/2007 9:52:12 PM

Yes, I had SEXational sex on the first date and the relation lasted over seven years.

yeah, but now it has ended. Again, my theory is confirmed.

yeah, because people who waited longer before having sex never break up, right ?
*insert eye rolling smiley here*

I agree with Crazycurlz *droolz*
 call me J
Msg: 49
sex on the first date
Posted: 3/27/2007 10:39:26 PM

aww isn't that cute...Dominate_It called me a whore. a mature reaction to an opinion that disagrees with his own. it might bother me if i was 4 and let names hurt me. good try and thanks for playing ; )

Crazycurlz, you know you're the one that's right in a debate when the other party is name calling...

There is no relationship plan or rule that fits everyone. For some people sex right away is a great choice, for others it's not, but to call a person names because they chose differently than you did is just childish. Some people probably need to spend more time focusing on their own shortcomings than trying to see ones in others...
 call me J
Msg: 50
sex on the first date
Posted: 3/28/2007 3:04:31 PM

you're taking it all much too personally and completely missing my point.
I'm not insulting anyone.
I'm merely stating what my experience/preference has been/is.
The only reason anyone would have any reason to get upset and start bickering about anything is if she felt guilty or trashy.
Not my problem.

No, the reason for anyone to get upset is because your statements were ignorant and rude. Being a jerk, then trying to make it seem as if those you insulted were in the wrong simply because they don't enjoy being insulted, is incredibly spineless on your part.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex on the first date