Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RobertKoi
Msg: 43
Is Dating over 30 tougher than it was when you were in your 20's?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
*Laugh* First of all I can't see why someone's even comparing "20's" to any age over 30. That's just ridiculous. A brat at 20 has no experience whatsoever to know better in the first place.

Anyway, there are so many factors that play a role when you're over 30. People have mentioned kids which is certainly true. Then there's disappointment - one situation after the other, hairsplitting, no one's good enough and the list goes on. Too many are looking for a fantasy because they don't even know what they want. Some start experimenting only to get more hurt. They basically rape themselves by sleeping around for a while thinking that they'll have some fun. Then the gold diggers; as if money has ever offered happiness and love.

So there are many categories. I believe that ever since women "broke out" and started acting like men the world's gone downhill - at least in the western world. Women know their place but refuse to realize it - and we all know where that place is, or places rather... Oh you've forgotten? Well, how about in bed and in front of the stove. They abandoned their role and that's why few people are truly happy and satisfied these days. I'd say that it's time to cut the crap and go back to where we were.
 ScreamingBanshee
Msg: 44
Is Dating over 30 tougher than it was when you were in your 20's?
Posted: 10/25/2009 2:28:26 PM
Wait til you hit your 40's.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:49:11 PM

Women know their place but refuse to realize it - and we all know where that place is, or places rather... Oh you've forgotten? Well, how about in bed and in front of the stove. They abandoned their role and that's why few people are truly happy and satisfied these days. I'd say that it's time to cut the crap and go back to where we were.

I'll quote this, but I don't think my point even needs to be made. Just....wow. LOL
 jeepwmn
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:45:10 PM
Where was that quote from, and what was that in reference to? I'm curious. And yes, I second that . .can we say thinking from 40-50 years ago? That's either one really bitter person, or maybe he was joking, hopefully. Even then, it's not really a joke.Sad if he really thinks that.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:15:54 AM
No. It was not a joke and I stand by every word that I say or write. I don't think that women should work either. And by the way, what's so damn wrong about "thinking" as they did 50-100 years ago anyway? Back then men were men and women were women. Today you can hardly tell the difference anymore. I'm convinced that things will go back to as they once were.

Too many men on this site are nothing but pussies complaining about this site and about women. Let's face it, it's a trend to bullsh.it people, to cheat on your partner and yes - women can't be trusted and the same goes for many men as well. Get that through your head. People who expect to find someone who can be trusted and offer some REAL qualities, I wish that poor bastar.d good luck. Personally I'm just here for the forums. I don't want to get anything else out of this site - no dates, no friends, no favorites no nothing.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:42:37 AM
" You must be extremely popular in mixed company."
---------
Well, I don't give a shi.t about what people think about my opinions - we're all entitled to them. I don't want to be on anybody's favorite list anyway.

"....not if you were to live to be a thousand...... "
----------
There it is - the mentality that is so typical to too many people - especially women like yourself. Countries in the world today that are constantly being bashed at for their values are at the same time fortunate enough to have preserved them in the first place. What we lost will come back - guaranteed.
 sammylg
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:09:40 PM
Hey Oregon state:

If you want my opinion, look at my thread entitled: "Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?"

I agree with it and live it right now. I think being more marketable is finding your strengths you didn't have in your 20's (mine is more experience, money no longer being as much as a burden, I would say better lover and more understanding of women by letting them be the center of attention).

Having said that, even though I am dating a wider array of women, I am spending LESS in entertainment than I did when I was in my 20's.
 lala09
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:33:44 PM
I think it is harder because for me I have four other people that I have to think about now. VS then it was just me. I also have had alot go on in my life that has changed me some for good and some for bad. The thing is that we bring all of this into the new relationship and that can be alot. So back then where a first date was just that a date now it's more of a interview to know if the person is going to be safe enough to let into your life.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/27/2009 1:46:44 PM

.not if you were to live to be a thousand.....

A thousand and two.

For example, I personally would never ever date an obese lady no matter how nice she is otherwise. I would never date a woman that doesn't have nice good size breast

I personally wouldn't date a man with a greasy "skullet" that hadn't had a bath since Happy Days went off the air that smelled of colt 45 and High Karate with a small penis and no social skills, but that's just my preference since we are putting it out there..

Some better take what they can get from these posts.

Don't for get the ones who lie about their age by 15 years and have 4-10 year old fuzzy pics.

op Dating over 30, 40 or anything is hard. We all have what we want in mind and so many
have expectations that are ludicrous. Unbelievable .
 WILDBILL7245
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/30/2009 10:04:27 PM
beth you or right i am 59 year old and i belive there good lady and good man and bad one i have had lady that just looking for some one to take care of them but i am here for one reason to fine a good lady but on the other hand you got man that or looking for sex so you have bad man and bad woman so i am not say nougfhting about anyone
billy
 sammylg
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/31/2009 8:46:23 AM
Hey amillio-bello,

And you wonder why it is harder for some people to date in their 30's.

Age is just a number IMO and there is a whole world of single people in all age brackets.
 yah00
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 12:06:05 PM
hmmm, I think it depends on a couple of factors specific to you rather than the overall dating market place.

On the surface dating in the college years is expected and your surrounding by your peers of both sexes which all share a mostly commonality which as you grow older seems to diverge once leaving college you are no longer surrounded by the same mix of people with almost identical points of view but rather a huge sea of different social and economic groups of people with an ever changing point of view. Can you find a pool of mid-thirties divorcees with similar points of view? Yes but I would hazard to bet you still would not find an abundance of those in one place or even a majority of those with overly similar views either.

People tend to have more baggage (views) the older they get these can become real obstacles for them in social situations as now they tend to preclude people from conversation or even consideration for conversation based on these views. I tend to like people with different views and find conversations with these people can be rather interesting but not everyone shares this thought process. It appears a lot of people tend to look for "like me".

Not sure that helps or not but my alternative answer is not as inspired or as thoughtful. The fact is not everyone shares your experience, I know plenty of people who date far more in their 30's, 40's and 50's than they did when they were in their 20's.
I would not trade my current abilities for those of my youth even if I could look 18 again. Of course I still have my hair! LOL, but I know bald dudes who can still catch the eye of some of the hottest women in a room so I am not sure that would change my view.
It comes down to learning hoyw to communicate or as some call it skills! LOL If your the gregarious type its easy if your a loner quiet type you better be damn movie star hot or she will never notice you are even in the room.

I do know my best advantage is the complete inaptitude of others. Its not that I am particularly great so much as they are so damn bad!

PS: I disagree about acting your age! What's important it to know when to not act your age!

This is different than lying of course! I appose lying in general it can suck the fun right out of life! Besides I look damn good when you compare me to those my age! When you compare me to some college dude maybe not so much! LOL
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:01:50 PM
hey, yarimelma, after reading nick's post, i took a peek. hun, you're not ever have a problem dating!!!!
 dadonj
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:24:27 AM
I am having a much rougher time dating in my 30s than I did in my 20s. I have always been someone who was running a few years behind everyone else and I find that most of the women my age I have met are expecting a certain level of stability, comfort, etc at this point in our lives. Now there is nothing wrong with that at all but it makes it difficult for the ones like myself who are still figuring stuff out. It also doesn't help that most of my interests still include things like going out to see hot new bands and collecting records. I sometimes feel it's hard to relate to women my age yet at the same time I have a hard time relating to a lot of women in their 20s as well. I hope it's going to get easier but I have a feeling it just isn't at all.
 morena30
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/3/2009 3:30:04 PM
I totally agree with oregonsaint. It is very hard. You tend to think in consequences, things we did not do when we were in our 20's. I'm single I'm in my 30's and I don't have kids, but even then, I find it hard, because now I really know what I want, and don't like waisting my time, so I do not date anyone, and I expect more of men. The list is so long now I feel I have a checklist.
But I still believe there is someone special out there and I still hope to find that gentllemen which I can connect and enjoy the beauty of life.
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/3/2009 6:25:12 PM
The biggest single problem with dating over 30 is that huge population of single, unattached people no longer exists. Once you are in your 30s, you are in couples' society. Most people are married, living with someone, or whatever. People are alos more experienced. They've been burned a few times. They are going to be more cautious because they've learned from those experiences that there are many, many lousy people in the world. I don't think there is an answer. It is just harder, and that's that.
 Cicciolina
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/3/2009 11:11:08 PM
yes, dating is much harder now. Men want younger chics.
 rat-7
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 2:19:23 AM

yes, dating is much harder now. Men want younger chics

And for men that are interrested in woman there own age, well unless he is very good looking, and/or has extremely high university degree, well woman will not even look at him, and much less want anything to do with those men
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/4/2009 2:27:17 AM
Yes most definitely!! I see why people from the real OLD SCHOOL got married young!! Too many people TODAY spend or spent their 20's "wilding out", casual dating and being utterly stupid!! Sooo when time passes on, guess what??? You see people in their....YEP..believe or not.... their 30's acting like they did in their WILD 20's and they NEVER MATURED!!
Yes times has gotten crazy with this 30's is the "new" 20's crap and many people found reason to be stupid and immature ONCE again... Now u have people in their 40's and 50's being stupid!! Go figure!!

lolinfaith73
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:07:11 AM
I'm finding it much harder to date in my 30's than I did in my 20's. Then again, I was engaged at 19 & married at 21, so I didn't "date" at all in my 20's.
 exilr8
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 1:27:43 PM
Yes dating is more difficult in your 30's. I meet single women that have lots of children and are just recently single. For me I'm not wanting to complicate my life so fast or want an insta-family. The older you get the harder it is to find someone with less baggage. We are busier in life than say in early 20's when still in college and in a more sociable environment. Looks go downhill unfortunately especially in late 30's. I'm 33 and it hasn't been easy that's for sure!
 CityGrlNCountry
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/9/2009 12:24:44 PM
I think it's harder. Not sure I would really describe myself as "bitter", but I'm definitely not as easily impressed as I used to be.

It makes it even harder for me to get out of unhealthy situations too, because once I actually find someone I'm intereted in after however many lame dates, it's hard for me to give up.

I think I was oblivious (and happily so) to the games that a lot of men play when I was younger. Now that my eyes have been opened, I don't enjoy the process as much.
 GothicBBWinAZ
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/16/2009 8:56:05 PM
I never dated in my 20s. I married at 16. Now, I'm divorced, after 20 years.
At 37, I'm finding it very hard to meet people.
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/19/2009 10:35:06 AM
Ditto^^^

I got married when I was 14, divorced at 25 worked, worked, worked and then went back to school. So from 25 to 37 no dating for me. So far I've been on a few dates on which I had plenty of fun, but nothing more. However, I do not regret it it was my descision, and one that I was happy with, since I felt my responsabilities came first. Now that my kids are older I have time to dedicate to myself and whomever comes into my life.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/28/2009 12:06:39 PM
I can't really compare the two, because, again, I never really dated in my 20's. Now I really wish I had. And yep, I definitely agree with what one poster said . .that men want younger women. It's tougher in your 30's because there's a much smaller pool to wade in. Also, you do wonder if you're being too picky. .a friend of mine (she's getting married, so different viewpoint, of course) can't see why I'm not attracted to men if they're on the heavier side. I try and take care of myself (losing weight is an ongoing project) by eating healthy, exercising, so I can't really be attracted to someone who doesn't take care of themselves. She asked "Well, what happened to looking at personality?" C'mon, if there's little/no attraction there, what do you think? She thinks it's because I never really dated in my 20's, that I can't disregard physical appearance sometimes.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >