Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeMineThisTime
Msg: 135
Is Dating over 30 tougher than it was when you were in your 20's?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Dear Broncsbuff, I totally agree I have no kids and never married But what the frigg I am not divorced ! with two or three kids either, maybe they should look up to us not down!
 BeMineThisTime
Msg: 136
Is Dating over 30 tougher than it was when you were in your 20's?
Posted: 3/5/2010 5:43:47 PM
Yes We think we know what we want becuase we are older but then where is it?? all our friends think they found it but then you listen to them **** about their partner! There seems to be more at stake when you are over 30 but are the checklists helping Where else can you go a bar or a gym, but if you hit on someone are they married or living with someone?? It is very confusing and so much harder than when you were 20. GOOD LUCK everyone 30+
 mibra
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/5/2010 9:46:15 PM

No. Actually it becomes easier than my 20s... I think I've overcome the old issues and become more open and relaxed in front of a man. So everything becomes very easy now.
 mibra
Msg: 138
Posted: 3/5/2010 9:49:16 PM
Also I know myself much better in 30s ... I do much better in the ways of dressing and expressing myself. The maturity and calmness also bring me lots benefits. I know what I want and what I don't want... Things are just fabulous in 30s! I feel I just start a true life right now....
 Be Real 30
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/9/2012 12:01:26 PM
Beth.

Nice of you to just bust in here and throw your emotions all over the place. Your type is clear.
It is also clear as to what really bothered you about his post. We feel your anger.

no one deserves a man who thinks she s out to rob him or take him for free dinners.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/9/2012 1:00:18 PM
I was earlier than 20s when I dated before divorce; and it was TOTALLY different.

Back then the world was their oyster, everything was simple and dating was just something you did.

They met you, asked you out, you said yes or no thanks, and you did your thing. Mind you a LOT of them were ridiculously shallow, in love with themselves and one dimentional on what they talked about (the size of their thighs, how many reps they could do and what their latest football play was) so I never went out with anyone twice because most of the evenings were painfully boring because I actually wanted to talk about real stuff; but at least everyone was obvious, there weren't all the rules, expectations and chips on shoulders.

Now people have so many layers of masks because of past hurts; they carry the day to day scars, the extra baggage of literal (financial) and emotional (surviving pain) and where many people are interacting way before htye should; and you end up being in the line of fire of some extreme reaction where someone is literally walking wounded.

So there area lot more eggshells now, a lot more presuppositions that keep people from acting because of what they think "expectations" are...

It is not simple, it is not easy (and with the best interaction; it SHOULD be simple and easy; two people just being themselves, talking, listeing, getting to know each other and being there for each other.

When you find that? You appreciate it like gold; because nowadays with being older and being around so many survivors; there are a lot of land mines you have to watch out for; that you can't see but very much feel when they explode...
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/10/2012 3:47:39 PM
It was easier for me! I looked better after I graduated 18 and got over acne. I had women dating me that I thought were out of my league. I hit 30 three years ago and my metabolism dropped and I put 25 pounds on. Now the only women who date me are women who are over 180lbs. Basically I am left to pick from the leftovers. I would rather die single then live a life with a 250lb woman.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/12/2012 6:07:20 AM
It is hard finding any women in my area that have free-time to be with a guy.
 lucky2beme
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/12/2012 8:24:07 AM
never had a date from the time i turned 20 to now(29) and i am about to turn 30 in one month time so if i do not have a date from the time i do turn 30 up until i turn 39 i still wouldn't care
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2012 12:26:21 PM
"Thought it would be harder to date women when I hit my 30's, but I've had more interest than when I was in my 20's. I do agree that being comfortable in your skin plays a big part in attracting others."

Same observation for me as inch closer to my 30th. :p I am actually surprised, and do not understand the dynamic of why younger women are interested in older men.
 rat-7
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2012 2:02:27 PM

men in their 30s want 20 and 21 yr old women or barbie dolls

Not all of us are in that boat, I am looking for a woman that is close to my own age, I could not see myself with a 20 some years old, but then again, I do not see why a woman my age would want to date me now when they never wanted to date me when I was younger

Do not worry, there is no younger woman that would want to date a guy like me, especially when I make Frankenstein look extremely attractive
 JoseMadre
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/12/2012 3:22:30 PM
I find dating easier now at 48 easier than it was when I was in my 20's.
 lucky2beme
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/13/2012 7:00:03 PM
dating is hard to do in this day and age especially with the economy
 KatarzynaS
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/13/2012 7:10:48 PM
Of course, you have guys like me who have never been married, no kids and get looked down upon cause there is something wrong with me cause I have never been married

N women I think guys we not interested inme bc I never got to get married n have kids so I assume they think there is somthing really wrong with me
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/14/2012 6:38:46 AM
DOMO31,
You look hot to me! Shame you don't live in my state!
 roguevampire
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:26:03 AM
Sorry, but in this day and age when women claim to be equal to men, why should men pay for a damm thing. NO way.

To be honest, I've about had it with site anyways. I'm sick of getting messaged by fat unattractive women. I know thats mean, but comeon, I workout 6 days per week, do these women really think they have a chance with me? I want a woman in good fit shape.
 sddude
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:20:15 PM
Wow this thread I can see people bashing themselves, low self esteem. Others crap on others without mercy hehehe

Seems like with time after some experiences people become damaged goods and suffer alone, you must find ourself first, fall in love with yourself first. A people age they become infelxible, less adventurous and become victims of their own feelings, experiences and uneventful lifestyles. When people reah that level, they feel old and washed up . When you are young you have hope and want to experience everything and find yourself and even create yourself.
Being young is not a monopololy for who we see as people of a less accumulated age but we do see it that way, we see life and hope their monopoloy. We see people ful people usually within the relm of the young, it is all mental.
I know what I am talking about, I really do.

I was always that kid that looked like milhouse in the Smpsons, my image as a kid to the rest was that little short ugly geeky kid that no one cared about, every day at 3 pm a gang was waiting to beat me silly different gangs took turns depending on the day , they called it anti geek training, if it could be done I was done to. I never complained i could not fight back so I thought five giant guiys and their cronies against me the short little weekling that even in P.E. class was never chosen for a team, not even the girls wanted me. i was always alone and only had friends in the same boat we hid in the library.

After all the abuse I decided to do something about it in my 2nd year of high school, I join martial arts clases and joined the wrrestling team and did weights, I still could not win but I could fight back then I changed my view and personality , instead of seeing myself as a victim i saw myself as the cause of thier suffering,, anyone who hurt me from now on would have a complete set of wraths, I went overboard, I was a cross of intellctual mind damager Hannibal Lecter, ninja and wrestler, they never saw me comming ever.
my image changed but for the worst, But it made me fell better, I had respect and girls would actuallyt at least talk to me.

after leaving the USA high school I went to Mexico to do the 3 years of HS again , since the system was different. I started a punk rock band and became cool loved my self alot , I changed my image for me, I loved me and I learned to love people as well.

Moral to the story do not complain who you are and what you do not do, plan and take action on who you want to be for yourself and find was to not only impress yourself but to be better , other people will notice
 sddude
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:32:50 PM
Domo,
you can do something for yourself out of love, you are the work of art or broken soul you want to be, a damaged soul makes you unattractive to yourself, I have been a workout fanatic for a while, I was in love with a girl a really fat and what guys called ugly in college, in other terms fugly, i did 4 hours of sports daily and included that girl also I was her ride she was tall fat and never did anything for herself but I loved her, she lost like 60 pounds and during the summer she was a size 6 I think and I was even more attracted to her and found guys stared at her and made wispering comments, little did I know she was dating a jock and when i asked her to be my girl she responded " sorry , I have a guy now, you gave me confidence and love, you are a good friend you are not my type, I like them tall you are short, I like them white you are latino, not my type, you are like a brother, I am sure another girl would find you absolutely perfect as you are"

The beast became the beauty and the prince became the frog.....

Reinvent yourself for you, look who and what you can become, life is not over, it can always start eveyday if you allow it, your mind and emotions are your limitations go to a therapist if you can never find love for self, you are a beautiful person but you hate yourself and it makes you the way you are in and out.

This did not hurt me too much, I just said next and looked on my little black book who I would be a slave for next, that was my unsuccessful nice guy years< i actually thought I was a super great guy then.

Frankenstein the same goes for you too, reimiage and reinvent yourself for you , you are not dead yet, you can be one of those most interesting men in the world like those XX comercials.
 sddude
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:43:03 PM
Kata it confuses me that you think like that, you are only 32 years old, women marry alot at that age now days, maybe you are sourounded by people who are used to getting married at 21.

i do not think people say that something is wrong with you, you seem to take care of yourself and it shows, you are attractive. If something is wrong with you , you only know or you may show it to other men , I am pretty sure if given the chance men would get in line for you to get married and have babies, I think you are beautiful. Do not limit yourself. You maybe overfiltering men and have that dream guy in mind that you will wait for.
Remember there is a difference on what you want and what is actually worth it as far as men goes.

You are right even I fall into the idea if a woman has not gotten married by a certain age, something must be wrong with her, if she has gotten a divorce, something is wrong woith her, if she has kids somthing must be wrong with her.
For your situations guys think if she is like 40 and never married soemthing must be wrong with her, for heaven's sakes not at 32.

I got fixed up with an ex nun who was 38, something was definitely wrong with her, was still in nun mode, another fixed up for e by my folks was around 39 , also only beleived in work and home and family was secondary , to me something was wrong with her.

Nothing seems wrong with you , only thing wrong with you is how you feel about yourself and how people see you.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:49:24 PM

Not all of us are in that boat, I am looking for a woman that is close to my own age, I could not see myself with a 20 some years old, but then again, I do not see why a woman my age would want to date me now when they never wanted to date me when I was younger

Do not worry, there is no younger woman that would want to date a guy like me, especially when I make Frankenstein look extremely attractive

Hey, don't sell yourself short. A lot of times it takes women a while to get better at figuring things out for themselves rather than just buying what society tells them "should be" the ideal (same goes for men; some in this thread are proof of that)

So the older you get? The better you are going to look to women your age. Just because you maybe were overlooked because people looked for what they were told should be obvious does not mean that will be true forever.... are lazy when they are younger, and as they develop their own opinions and their own wants rather than trying to be a hseep and go along with what they are told they are "supposed" to like... there are plenty that will find you attractive to them; especially if you have a really good personality and a kind heart as well as confidence. And some who look attractive on first glance? Get ugly in a hurry; because of their attitude. You will look that much better in comparison.

Hold your head high, strut your stuff and know that you will be a catch if you believe it... and whether younger or your own age.

Believe it, and make it so. Good luck
 MillwoodsVal
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/15/2012 6:17:01 PM
Its far easier when it occurs. I find it doesnt happen much anymore. Men are too afraid to date.
 jodysnow
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/16/2012 3:53:14 PM
Yes it is because i cant seem to find women who keep it 100%. The want it 50/50. 50% bullshit and the real
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:45:48 PM

Men are too afraid to date

Oh please tell me your not serious..Really?? We're tired of being rejected is whats up. Heck twice i gotten #'s from a few cute ladies here but, i never botherd calling, whats the point? It's not gonna esclate
 leo8581
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/16/2012 10:15:17 PM
Dude seriously I agree 100%. We are not tired of dating. I don't know about rejection but I just don't care enough. If someone wants to hit me up cool. However I am set in my ways and if they don't like it tough. I will not change for no one. I've been through enough Sh*t that I won't put up with anymore. Chicks who are a pain in the A$$ are just not worth it anymore. I think at this point we are done playing games and chasing.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/17/2012 7:43:00 AM

Dude seriously I agree 100%. We are not tired of dating. I don't know about rejection but I just don't care enough. If someone wants to hit me up cool. However I am set in my ways and if they don't like it tough. I will not change for no one. I've been through enough Sh*t that I won't put up with anymore. Chicks who are a pain in the A$$ are just not worth it anymore. I think at this point we are done playing games and chasing

Amen to that bro. From now on, a woman is going to have to show interest and be the agresser. I had enough with going out a few times and results were "well your a good guy, but we should be friends" Nope, not what im looking for. Ladies, don't friendzone someone out of guilt. Its kinda childish actually
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >