Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grove_22
Msg: 167
Is Dating over 30 tougher than it was when you were in your 20's?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I think the answer is no. When a man is in his 30s, there might be less available women in his immediate age group. However many women in their 20s often date older men in their 30s. Also there are some divorced women in their 40s that date younger men in their 30s.
 diva74
Msg: 168
Is Dating over 30 tougher than it was when you were in your 20's?
Posted: 6/28/2012 9:03:56 PM
I am 37 and proud of it ! I am not bitter about my choice in father of my children I regret the choices that I made and how long I stayed but has nothing to do with being bitter lol. But I am only one of many women out there in cyber space who are single after kids so take what I say with a grain of salt haha.
 Postpunker84
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/29/2012 1:34:19 PM
Hello,
Great topic.
I am in total agreement with you in regards to relating this topic to even my own personal experiences.
I have been on numerous paid & nonpaid websites (if you only seen my list!) since 2004.
I've been to activities in & out of my "comfort zones" doing things & travelling to places I've never would've dreamed I would do.
However, I am chocking my experiences all up to positive endeavors I've accomplished.
I am realizing that if I never meet "the one", at least I can say I've lead a busy, active life.

When we're in our 20's sometimes, things are "easier" since we're more open, wilder & free. We tend to take more risks & that's because we're inexperienced....

I wish everyone lots of luck here but, don't get all consummed by these sites & lead a good, healthy, active life.
 rochellecann1979
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/30/2012 1:18:58 AM
i think so i was in a relationship and then married from the age of 21 and 23 i got divorced at left at 29 divorced at 31 i am ready to date again but am finding all they want is a casual thing
 028ellie81
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 12:40:43 PM
I think in the 30+ agegroup it is harder because most people have settled down already so less choice available also most of your social circle are married with children so it is easy to feel under more pressure to find the right man and settle down as well
 stovo82
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/5/2012 8:49:09 AM
30 and still single for some it is all over.
If you are attractive and over 30 well you are still in demand.
Ugly and over 30 no chance in hell unless you are rich.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/5/2012 10:07:52 AM
Some of these posts are inaccurate ,lol, at least from my experience. {Men in their 30's want women 20-25}
Really? I have come across so many men that say women in their 20's are insecure, club hoppers, don't know what they want, not ready for a relationship, jealous, drama queens, etc. When I had my profile up I'd get blown up by guys in their early-mid twenties and not all were just looking to hook-up. I'd say that 75% of my last bf's were 3-5 years younger than I am.

Ask your doctor and do research, women in their 30's are actually just as fertile as women in their 20's. Fertility only dips SLIGHTLY and it's in your late 30's. Men DO have a biological as well btw, as sperm depreciates as men age and the prime time for them is also 20's and 30's. My current bf is 4 years younger than I am and we work well together:-)

Men who are ready to settle down, from my experience, want 30 something women. Why? They're accomplished, secure, confident, know what they want, have high sex drives, drama-free, can still have babies and many of us look really young and have the body of a 20yrld.

Cheers to that =)
 liftnw8z
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:56:54 PM
Exponentially harder. Dating a woman in her 30's who is separated or divorced is nearly impossible because of the hurt/trust issues. A guy in his 30's like me who has divorced is seen as damaged goods or the reason for the divorce as the one who cheated or was otherwise at fault. Singles (never married) have it tough to an extent with image issues and the whole "fear of commitment " thing. But not having experienced the other pains of divorce and such helps them in my opinion.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/9/2012 12:35:05 AM
I settled down with my boyfriend into a cozy LTR at age 30, so I really dont know what it would be like to be out actively dating in my 30's, but I imagine it would have it's pro's and cons. Pro's being that having been around the block you know exactly what you want, can compromise on, and wont tolerate or settle for, having a pretty full sense of developed identity and self-love and acceptance, which makes a person truly beautiful. The cons, some may be jaded or hurt by past traumas, declining fertility, and for me personally, I feel like I was a lot hotter in my 20's (on a purely superficial level anyways).

25 was my favorite age, so far. That was when it felt like the universe was shining on me and my life was perfect in every aspect. High paying job, madly in love, newlywed, amazing Husband, lovely Daughter, a new baby on the way, looking forward to birth, young and purty, not jaded at all, growing into a full fledged young woman, I MISS that time so bad. My Mother has advised me that my 30's will be my best years. I hope so! I think I will be so buried in the everyday grind of raising a family I will wake up one day in my 40's as an empty nester and be like "WTF where did those 30's go"?.....lol.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/9/2012 9:15:35 AM
Luckily for me I actually look hotter than I did in my 20's. Same body, but even more toned& hard now, go figure.
People think I'm around 24 yrs all the time. I feel sexier& way more confident than I did in my 20's as well, so it
really depends on the person. =)
 ManV2.0
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/10/2012 1:26:31 PM
I don' t know, I went from relationship to relationship in my 20's with a few dates here and there. Most people in their 30's have a lot of walls and barriers up, not to mention baggage and list or requirements. I've enjoyed my dating life for the past 3 years.
 UKTom2
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 4:04:07 PM

Im sorry if you are single at 39 and never been married Im going to run because you have commitment issues.

I'd like to take issue with this statement.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 179
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:01:16 PM
I'm early-mid 30's and don't assume that someone who's in their late 30's necessarily has commitment issues as nobody's situation is going to be quite the same. You'd have to know the man/woman first before making any assumptions and it's more than likely that he or she just hasn't met the right person yet. If they're 39 and are not looking for a relationship or wants to play the field, sure run if you want, but if they're seriously trying to find someone, you could be missing out on a great person.

Not everyone is willing to settle, so yes there are single people in their late thirties because of this. Many of them are probably a great catch too as they're likely stable and estabished in many aspects of their life and know what they want.

Don't you realize that guys in their late 30's who HAVE been married could easily have commitment issues?? I mean, they're divorced, right? Personally I'd prefer a man who'd never been married before. I also prefer men in their mid to late thirties as I find that a lot of men in their 20's have commitment issues, lol. My boyfriend is 35 and he was single 1.5 yrs before we met, not due to commitment issues, he's just picky and wasn't willing to settle just for the sake of having a girlfriend.

Cheers =)
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:42:16 AM
Yes it is harder. Dating over 45 is worse yet. I am confused about it and would really like some success.
 audit44
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/20/2012 1:22:02 PM

Yes it is harder. Dating over 45 is worse yet. I am confused about it and would really like some success.

YES!! Most of the ones I've spoken with are looking for baby daddies or something along those lines. Not as easy as it was 20+ years ago when I could have a date for every night of the week.
 liftnw8z
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:33:51 PM
YES!! That's the one key thing about me - I know the kind of person I like, even (as superficial as this sounds) the look. I would rather stay single and enjoy life than just run out and meet anyone that emails me (or otherwise shows interest in real life).
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/21/2012 9:36:07 AM
Better for ME!!! Haha. My body hasn't changed (except I'm even more toned) and people think I'm 24 yrs old (I'm early 30's).
All that with the added bonus of knowing what I want, being secure& confident with myself, being better in bed, being established and knowing how to get what I want.
So yeah, MUCH better! =))

BTW: Another reason that I find it easier is that more men in their 30's are ready to settle down (my bf) opposed to men in their 20's.
 cdub75
Msg: 184
Posted: 2/26/2013 10:22:12 PM
Amen -- if one more person says "why are you single" I may throw up. Nothing wrong with me - just made good choices in life...
 abmccray
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2013 8:04:50 AM

I want my 25 year old body back.

Then get it back.
 bottleguy
Msg: 186
Posted: 3/5/2013 7:17:21 AM
Sure it is, I had hair in my 20's.
 TangoUnchained
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:10:09 PM
I'm not sure about that... in my 20's, all the girls wanted older guys... once I hit 30, they were all about younger guys. *shrug*

Fortunately, a beer doesn't care what age you are, as long as you're over 19 (in BC).
 MSRangers23
Msg: 188
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:32:56 PM
lol try ur late 30's
it gets even harder... the window shrinks... and at this age everyone has baggage!!! we just have to find someone to share it with hahahaha:)
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/10/2013 7:04:25 AM
Well bc all good one are maried or divorced with kids which doesn't work for many of us or there are reasons why they were never maried unless they were is super long relationship and they just suddenly ended or divorced without kids but those are sweep so fast that u don't even hate a chance. Just pool is way way limited bc they even married or are single fathers n have no time to date. I was in 5 yrs relationship n when I got out I realized thy all guys I went for were alredy marrie or engaged or in long committed relationships. Even here been here for one yrs n didn't find one guy for relationship. Lo of sex offers but not possibility of finding love. So yeah been 3 yrs for me. And it will be close to mirracle now if I will find someone
 Dracoa79
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:42:13 AM
It's not harder for me. I wasn't getting dates in my 20's either, though I did make the mistake of stupidly diving into relationships first thing, I've since kicked that habit.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 191
Posted: 3/13/2013 5:41:42 AM
Good to all of u who cares about how u look. Being attracted to someone ok migt sound a lil superficially but I have to be attracted to a person in order to get physical with them when n if it will get to that. There is no reason to let urself go single or not. Is still have my body I had back in college. About 115 at five feet seven. I work out stay active n fit. I discoverered dentist hair dresser keep my nails nice use shiver shave use nice perfume dress nicely I think. Well why would I expect anything else for myself Thow " cool" personality it that. Well one with an employment n a car too at least . And that would be my perfect match well at least potential for such. But seems impossible to find. N I don't think I am asking for something impossible
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >