Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 26
in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^^^^^^ No everyone deserves to be treated with respect and decency!!!!!!!!

Which world are you living in? Obviously not the same one as me. Not all Australian woman are flat chested - where do you get this information??? LMFAO.
 Kissthisfrog !
Msg: 27
in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:13:31 PM
I can only give my opinion and of course that's going to be a generalization...., and also these opinions are regarding both men and women.

I am very often told that Aussie people are 'more friendly' or 'very friendly'..., by the many overseas visitors I connect with every day. That may or may not be that the visitors are just being polite...., but always the same visitors will relate an example to me, of this 'extra' friendliness that has surprised them.
That may just WA 'thing' or a 'country aussie thing'..., or both..., but I think more than that..., these so-called 'friendlier people' Aussies are people who have families, that have been here a couple of generations..., or who have really uber-embraced our kind of laid back/relaxed/no worries 'Aussie Way' attitude....., generally.

So I reckon Aussies generally, are happiest....., we have a world beating 'Gross Domestic Happiness' thang going on ..., generally

But then again as I mentioned maybe it's just a country folk thang.

So....., get out of the cities and relax all you grasshoppers.
 twz2012
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:39:06 PM
I wish I lived in Oz and had a kind blond ozzy woman of my own...
 Kissthisfrog !
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/11/2009 9:55:17 PM
Mate..., there are a couple of lines I could use there^^^^re: kind, blonde aussie women..., but I don't want to cop a slapping...., so I'll just keep me big yap shut....,

Bloody hell...., "kind, blonde aussie women"...., you crack me up !
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:10:53 AM
I think australia is a very different place to those images from the 60's and 70's so it probably not really applicable any more. We have become a lot more hard working and goal oriented compared to those images of the relaxed lifestyle.
 spartanis
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:27:11 PM
It doesnt matter what part of the world we all live in, what culture we all belong to.

What matters is the movement of many things that occurred during last century, that has drastic major effect on social interaction and thoughts in this century.

Its all very well and good that Womens Libs are recognised, but becuase of this, Men dont know how to handle such a change. For the old ways of courtship, often get slapped in the face. so now Men fear of rejected, where as men in the golden times, do not.

I cannot compare to the women of the rest of the world, for i only met very few of them. But i can tell you about the Australian Women. For i am Australian, born, bred and grew up in Country town somewhere in the West.

I have noticed that Women have given too much power. Too much power of controling the situation of whom they should meet, whom they should get, what they want, and so forth. It is a new thing to have and they dont knwo how to use it properly. THis is why they often get azzholes before they realised the "brotherly" liek guys they met and rejected, are the real deal they should have been with.

OF course.. Bad Guys attracts the girls, mainly because its exciting. But 9 times out of ten, these bad guys are really idiots. No hopers, useless, and treat women like sh*t.

And then there's the Materialistic point of view. Women like guys with good cars. Us guys say. A car is just a method of transport.. who cares what set of wheels i got? so long its newish and decent!! Same goes for Credit Cards, If only women (or young generations of both sexes) realises that Credit card was designed to fook yer finances for years to come that there is no way in hell you can afford anything when yer 30!

Plastic Looks means Dumb People. GEt that girls? WE CHOOSE not to look like FABIO or friggn Jean Claude Van Damne, because we not that fookn DUMB! lol On the other hand.. WE dont go for PLASTIC gals either.. my god, i met a bimbo once.. i couldnt even SLEEP with her she that boring.. lmao

Aussie women are Independent, Thru and Thru, but sometimes you find alot of co-dependent women. But the majority of the younger generation of women, are very independent. So independent, they are still single at 30, no children, and they sit and whinge about where are the nice guys. *shrugs* Being independent is a BONUS point for me.. but TOO independent .. well i leave that to your imagination.

Shallow is the key word here. Yes.. Shallow.. mm hmm...

Health. Half of the aussie women i seen in public, are incredibly obese. My god!!!. Im thin, and im trying to put on weight myself, and I DONT Want stick women but FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.. LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!! lmao.. It's sole purpose is to make YOU.. not the guys.. YOU.. feel better.. savvy women? savvy?!?!?

ok.. enough said... i wouldnt be surprised alot of pple would hate me for this post.. but hey.. you want the cold, honest upfront truth about what Aussie Women are like? you got it.. I dont give a damn azz what other thinks of me :P

wildtame
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:54:34 AM
I've been reading the posts, and have come to agree that it is the culture of where the women live that makes them differ, otherwise humans are humans and women are women. The cultural relevancy brings about attitudinal and behavioural differences.
I am more than just female, i am a woman. ( nearly broke out into song then.. oops)
 qldblue
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/17/2009 4:58:12 AM
If what Naamah said is true that Australian women have made in Australia on their butts then what would be the chances of us poor guys surviving this question:

I know you said you are an Australian woman but I would still like to check your butt to confirm that you are an Australian woman?

I have done some dangerous things in my life but I always shy away from the suicidal acts in life.
 TrueSamurai
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:57:55 AM
twz2012

I wish I lived in Oz and had a kind blond ozzy woman of my own...

Got the wrong country "kind woman" looking at your profile and pics I can see that things arent much better there either

To get to Oz turn left at the great barrier reef past the great land of the banana benders keep going straight and you'll see a rainbow sail straight till you come to a big wooden door there you'll find the president of the land, hes known is the wizard of Oz he'll intruduce you to Alice with long pony tails shes a kind hearted soul.

We always get confused with the land of Oz or Austria - No the governor of Calafornia is Austrian, they are the ones that wear shorts with suspenders and sing in the mountains.

Hey twz2012 i see that you are Hispanic, man youve got it made with those hot Latina women.
 FemIngenue
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:23:48 AM
Being an Aussie women of mixed heritage ( American born, Aussie by choice, in Australia from age 15, now 57), I think Australian women are different from UK or USA or Asian women. Generally, we don't hold back with what's on our mind. Again, generally, we are educated and often well travelled. We have generally been exposed to a wide variety of cultures within our own milieu and most often, have appreciation of them. We, again generally, have open hearts and minds. Yes, we are independent and can hold our own, yet we long for someone to fill that hole in our hearts, while still maintaining our our sense of self.

Women's Liberation may have had something to do with this initially in the '60/'70's but we have evolved into who we are now - intelligent, independent open minded, open-hearted people.

We, generally don't hold grudges. We love life and live life like we love it and to hell with anyone who stands in our way!

On the other hand, again in general, the lower soci-economic groups are the same as anywhere else in the world - closed minds, closed hearts. The co-relation between USA, UK, Australia in this respect may be very similar.

JMO
 Naamah
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:14:07 AM
i wouldnt be surprised alot of pple would hate me for this post

Well it's sat there a month and nobody's even bothered to respond, so I doubt you've caused a ripple let alone a frenzy of hatred.

Men dont know how to handle such a change. For the old ways of courtship, often get slapped in the face. so now Men fear of rejected, where as men in the golden times, do not.

I would be most curious to hear about these old ways of courtship that worked so well in the golden times that would now cause a woman to slap a man? Because it takes an awful lot to make most women strike a man (excluding a percentage of nutters), and I can't imagine too many old genuinely lovely courtship techniques that would cause it. Surely the sorts of things a woman would slap a man for would be well outside the realms of ...courtship?

I have noticed that Women have given too much power. Too much power of controling the situation of whom they should meet, whom they should get, what they want, and so forth.

You don't think women should control who they meet, who they go out with and what they want? Errrm, who should make these decisions for the women then?

It is a new thing to have and they dont knwo how to use it properly.

So women shouldn't have control over their own lives because they haven't had sufficient experience at being in control of their own lives? Well I've been in control of my own life since I reached adulthood, much the same as all of us here, I'm guessing. It's not like...one minute I was a 40's housewife and next thing, whammo, I found myself in the 2000's not knowing what to do with myself. The women who didn't have control of their own lives, back in this golden era of which you speak, are probably in nursing homes or dead by now. The women you'd be meeting/dating didn't grow up not having control over their own lives...we are not the same women...women are not this collective entity, but rather a whole stack of individual female humans with their own unique consciousness and experiences. Surprising, hey!

So... how does that make the women of today any less experienced with controlling their own lives than the men of today? And therefore why on earth would you think that to the women of today this is a "new thing" that they "don't know how to use properly"? Then again, I guess some people have a brain all their lives and don't become any more skilled at using it.

my god, i met a bimbo once.. i couldnt even SLEEP with her she that boring.. lmao

I wonder how long it took for her scars to heal. Still, I guess if someone else could simply make her decisions for her, about where she goes, who she meets, and control her life for her, she wouldn't be such a bimbo huh.

The rest of your post just seems to be a series of generalisations about women wanting men with cars and credit cards who look like Fabio, and then a quick rant about you wanting women to lose weight. Oh, and I think you called some people shallow. No wonder nobody bothered to respond for a month.
 flyin-high
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 1:54:20 PM

I would be most curious to hear about these old ways of courtship that worked so well in the golden times

At one time men could simply club a woman over the head and just drag her back to the cave, unfortunately this practice was largely abandoned during the Neolithic revolution. As society progressed and grew more complex, the necessity for trade arose, it was realized that women could be used as barter, a wife could be purchased from her father for a very small price (usually 2 chickens and a goat). This was mans first mistake, for they had unwittingly and unknowingly admitted that women had value. This grave error in judgment would eventually lead to the suffragette movement of the early 20’th century, which culminated in the dreaded feminist movement of the late 20’th century.

So, here we are today, men and women living in a society as equals. Of course, this only applies to 15% of nations which are industrialized, and religion is not of paramount importance. If you live in the other 85%, you would be well served to own a club along with a few chickens and goats.

In the past 10,000 years, we’ve advanced how we live, so drastically that we’re capable of travelling millions of miles through space… yet, how we behave has advanced mere inches.

karmoney
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:09:46 PM
Ok...obviously not an Aussie woman myself...but you ladies sound pretty FANTABULOUS!!!!!!
 greynomad43
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:42:04 PM

obviously not an Aussie woman myself

Hard to believe, especially when you use words like
FANTABULOUS!!!!!!

A lot of Aussie sheilas use words like that after a few drinkys!

Naamah
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/8/2009 6:11:36 PM

At one time men could simply club a woman over the head and just drag her back to the cave, unfortunately this practice was largely abandoned during the Neolithic revolution. As society progressed and grew more complex, the necessity for trade arose, it was realized that women could be used as barter, a wife could be purchased from her father for a very small price (usually 2 chickens and a goat).
Personally I'd rather have the chooks But yeah, from what you've added there, I reiterate....
I can't imagine too many old genuinely lovely courtship techniques that would cause it. Surely the sorts of things a woman would slap a man for would be well outside the realms of ...courtship?

And indeed I did realise we were probably moreso talking about scenarios of female humans being treated like chattels, which was being veiled with some entirely transparent spin doctoring when it was being described as "courtship". The two are quite different beasts.

I guess the evolution of how things work between men and women would only be a problem for a man who can't get a woman to choose to want to be with him without being restrained, forced, or bought. Such a man would no doubt feel verrrry hard done by.
 arthur55a
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/8/2009 11:29:21 PM
"We're all different behind the eyes." E. Vedder

"Men hunt, women nest." J. Seinfeld
 Beachippy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2009 6:51:23 AM
I was having a chat with a 30-40 ish aussie woman the other day , a business operator/office manager who was trying to convince me it was the effort of aussie women in australia during ww2,making bullets in the factories and keeping the country going was the "real"reason we won the war on our front...

I felt no reason to argue with her... as my mum and her peers of that generation did do their bit... though rarely made an issue of it... and the men knew it....(my Dad fought in PNG)..

but what where they to do?... like.. I'm sure the guys would have still tried to defend the women, fighting in the jungle with their bare hands if they had to... and not stopped because the "sheilas" didn't make enough bullets...

a moot point for a modern young woman who has lived her whole life in peacetime and affluence...

Australian women are changing with every generation.. as more and more women from all cultures are born here and become part of our everchanging fabric...
how can our women be so different from other cultures ?..when they ARE other cultures come to live here....

how long it takes the "land" of Australia to blend cultures after arrival..is another question...
 shari12345678
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2011 2:46:33 PM
I have run into alot of Aussie men lately here in the U.S.
Its been fun reading what Austrailian women are like.
I dont think we are so different. We are just fatter lol UGG
 HappyRocker
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:11:32 PM

meat me: It's been my experience that once you turn them upside-down.
It's difficult to find any difference!

You must be kidding! No two are alike. They could use them as fingerprints.

But in which way are Aussie women different to other cultures?

Well, they go off like a Russian Rocket .... Oh so do Kiwis and Poms and Yanks ... ummmm ... in my travels I have found that there are probably less differences than similarities.
 NWASquirrely
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 9:29:48 PM
As an American Country Lady...
All women are called Ladies, unless they prove not to be. Then it's users choice of words.
I have traveled about and been introduced to many cultures. Women in general are the same.
I have met "Gold Diggers" ... "Pertentious" ... women everywhere.
But as I read this forum, I have respect for Ausi Women. They tend to be more straight forward than most. And quite abit more honest. But then I have to say that goes for all Ausi's in general.
 crustyold
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:19:20 PM
are men nuts, bringing this one back.......you got a death wish

HappyRocker
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 3:20:59 AM

NWASquirrely: But as I read this forum, I have respect for Ausi Women. They tend to be more straight forward than most. And quite abit more honest. But then I have to say that goes for all Ausi's in general.

MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD! A BIT MORE HONEST!

They're straight forward all right Straight forward to anything they want and demand that their man provide it for them.

They're "honest" too. A recent study (2009) showed that one in four Australian children were calling the wrong man Daddy.

If Aussies were honest, we wouldn't put up with the governments we do. We go to the polls with self interest so far ahead of national or state interest that we continue to put the same tag team of new aristocrats into govt time and time again.
 teddybabe9
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:17:36 AM
ozzie women racist we are just picky and for flat chested i dont know many lady's in Australia that are, yobbo hehehe Aussie woman are curvy not flat chested
 NWASquirrely
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:02:16 AM
>>HappyRocker<<
This is true in any culture... SOME women can be and are decieving.
I choose not to associate with that type.

I have standards, but never would demand things from others I can't not get myself.
Problem in this day and time is that most want more than they have. And are never happy with what they get.
More American Women fit this discription.

I still stand by that Ausi's in general tend to more straight forward and honest;
More so than other cultures.
 HappyRocker
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 4:58:44 AM
And I have to say that I find American women more honest and empathic than Australian women, but there are plenty of ratbags in America too. I found my soulmate in Atlanta Georgia. Unfortunately some American man had found her many years earlier before leaving her and their 5 children for a younger woman.

She couldn't leave Georgia with her children and at 46 I wasn't wanted as a perminant reident in the USA. Such is love.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?