Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 avpd
Msg: 3
Release Bernie on compassionate grounds?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yeah, right. It's some kind of scam. I doubt he has cancer. He'll get " cured" of his incurable cancer and then try to sell the "cure" to everyone.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 8
Release Bernie on compassionate grounds?
Posted: 8/24/2009 4:39:05 PM
He'd maybe have a chance for "Release on compassionate grounds" if he was jailed in Scotland.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:26:09 AM
He doesnt smell ripe yet

geeleebee
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/25/2009 8:35:09 PM

What disturbs me most about this article isn't so much him allegedly having cancer so much as they're allowing smoke houses and ceremonial pipes???? THIS is what my tax dollars pay for? I've always been very much against how prisoners seem to have it so much better than those who have worked hard and have barely enough to get by on. There are good folks out there who'd give their left kidney to have 3 square meals a day, cable tv, activities, and AC in the summer time. Cancer or not, he's sitting prettier in prison than he would be in bankrupcy alley in the real world.

The sweat lodge is for religious purposes.
Your tax dollars pay for other religious practices, also: Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, etc. There are volunteers, as well, who go to the prisons and meet with inmates.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:19:08 AM
I heard Madoff on NPR this week, on tape telling folks how to scam and manipulate the SEC officials. He was arrogant, unapologetic, and laughing his way to the bank, not knowing how soon he would be caught. Sure...let him, OJ and Manson out, but put them on an island by themselves and see who survives the longest.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1113687.html
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:39:43 AM
Serve the time, if he dies in prison, why should I care. This crap of prisoners getting religion or deciding there are so sorry after some unpleasant time in prison, too flucking bad, I don't care in the least...unless you are innocent of the crime, rot in that cell.
 want to travel
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2010 10:30:39 AM
bernie , does not have cancer, it is another scam,so he could live in relative luxury
as for his crimes, so many people where hurt, many suicides, so many lost everything, the good deeds done by the rich, by setting up charities, to help those that needed it most, all gone, i am sure if someone would do a body count, on the amount of deaths this man is directly responsible for, he would make every serial killer in history blush by being outdone by him, he does make most if not all the serial killers look like boy scouts
 Outdoor2
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2010 11:52:32 PM

So ... if I've got cancer, that means it's alright to commit crimes?

No....just moronic enough to get caught...and suggest that's the reason you should be released.

The real question should be why just him? As one poster alluded to...he's the fall guy...the poster boy....

He couldn't have been working completely on his own. Not another person knowing exactly what he was doing? Highly unlikely....

In between sweatlodge meetings, (which are a good thing IMO) I'd suggest his task is to make sand....I'd personally donate the rocks....
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2010 12:50:28 PM
I read a book review written by the guy who first figured out Madoff was a scam. He had a hard time getting anyone's attention.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/after_hours/lifestyle_products/article.jsp?content=20100412_10025_10025
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >