Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 north-coast
Msg: 36
What does it take for you to Block someone on POF?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Usually because of one of these reasons.

1. Rude email.
2. Sends me a "why not?" email after I had rejected him.
 ChiliPequin
Msg: 37
What does it take for you to Block someone on POF?
Posted: 7/18/2011 2:03:03 PM
I only blocked one person, and that is because he got very explicit and pushy on a chat without even having met me or spoken with me first. When I called him on it, he accused me of having "no sense of humor" and being "no fun." I told him that I thought it was inappropriate...and he apologized...and started right up again. And proceeded to send me several like e-mails. If you demonstrate a complete lack of respect by resuming after I've told you what isn't acceptable...BLOCK. If you're going to behave that way BEFORE you've even met me....what does that tell you about how you'll behave in person?

If you're looking for a random sex chat, then contact the people who are looking for that. It's pretty obvious I'm not.

Other than that, I haven't had a problem and have not needed to block anyone. I did, however, disable random chat. I don't want to chat unless I've seen your profile, am reasonably sure you've read mine, we've e-mailed prior and there is already some form of communication going.
 casey0413
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:06:13 PM
If they are nasty when I reply that thank you, I am not interested. And I do reply to anyone who posts something other than 'Hi howz it goin''? NTOH, if it is clear that they have not read my profile, I will not reply either.

Also I blocked a fella who got weird on me about racial issues in chat.
 SONNI100
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:03:45 PM
Doesn't take much these days......

Greetings with sexual overtones get the 'axe' right away:-)
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:05:35 PM
once the seemingly normal conversation gets pervy I block them
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:34:40 PM

wont take no for an answer

yeah - those, too. And as polite and direct as I am when I say "no thank you" they keep messaging me anyway. I have no choice but to block them.
 LeMonaLisa
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:38:18 PM
"What does it take for you to Block someone on POF?"

Not a whole lot.
 paladin2020
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:15:07 PM
Thats a good question,, like that,, It use to be easy to navigate the site..for what ever reason, the compilcated employees make the brighter,, they forget about user friedly,, a lost word on the net,, no reason for it either,, harder to navigate doesnt mean better,, MORONS,, New techs,, REALLLY.. Its called The Peter Principle,,,,look it up,,,
 David_Laughed
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:03:50 PM
I block anyone who declines my chat request. Not that I am butthurt about it, but just so I won't accidently message them again.
 casey0413
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/26/2011 8:01:08 PM
Lying. I just had someone lie about his age (he admitted he didn't want to be excluded from certain searches).
 kbs99e
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/11/2014 10:48:34 PM
APPARENTLY NOT VERY MUCH TO GET BLOCKED. A lot of women on here that I've tried to chat w/ go by a very different routines then this. I'll start off by introducing myself then asking if they did anything for new years or how was your christmas. Something simple to start & then next thing I know I'm getting blocked & I know that it's nobody I've sent a message to already & if there's ever a question in my mind. I will check my sent message box to be sure. However, I've noticed lately that it doesn't go back as far it used to but am usually pretty sure before I send a message. I've about come to the conclusion that almost all women on here are nuttier then a chicken trying to get into a KFC restaurant. Which I visually saw believe it or not.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/12/2014 4:46:12 AM
^^^"women who don't want to tell you about their holidays."
you think women who don't want to talk to you are nutty??? get the F over yourself.
you wouldn't even know you were blocked unless you sent them a 2nd message after they ignored your 1st.
no answer = not interested.

I've had to block a handful of 20-something dry humpers and a few 70-something dry humpers as well. OMG it's like where are all the dry humpers that are my age?!?! I had another guy who SEEMED normal until the 2nd phone convo rolled around which consisted of me listening to him chew his dinner while I carried the entire conversation. I put an end to that and never heard from him again. 2 months later he sent me an email wishing me happy birthday and I blocked him.

vvvvvv

Sounds like you're bragging about the 20-somethings. Reality check: they don't like you

why don't you go jerk off in a dark corner over your reality check and whatever you think I'm bragging about. but hey thanks for the info about how I can know I've been blocked. I actually got blocked once and never saw that message, but it was a long time ago. sounds like a new feature and a courtesy to the folks who complain about getting blocked. :/
 Ainen
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/12/2014 4:52:30 AM
A wacko recently blocked me. Messaged her shortly before Xmas. She replied with enthusiasm, but didn't really say anything to continue the conversation. About a week later I happened to notice one fewer conversation on the inbox page. She was "online now" on top of the viewed me page.

Figured she most likely had a fit of madness and blocked people during the rage. Viewed her profile again, confirming my suspicions. What a trainwreck! She added an ugly, moronic cartoon image with no humor. Her text claimed she would probably delete her profile "tonight". She ranted about guys who say they'll call, then don't. Also claimed she's not here for sex, just for friends.

Dodged a bullet by not sending her a second message. Too bad she didn't begin with the psycho profile earlier so people could avoid her.

Msg 61 is wrong. If someone replies, then blocks you after you saw the reply, you can see you were blocked without sending another message. He found out without sending the message by looking in sent messages.

Sounds like you're bragging about the 20-somethings. Reality check: they don't like you personally, they're probably mass emailing the same copy-paste message to everyone, maybe romance scammers. Edit: chill out!
 rainydaywoman55
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/12/2014 6:22:31 AM
I only block if someone can't take no for an answer. Or if they start making sexual innuendos right out of the gate. And I've had to do that 3 times in the past week or so. They must be reading something between the lines of my profile because nowhere does it say I'm looking for casual hook-ups ...
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2014 6:23:57 AM
Being a bitter resentful misogynist and/or a self-entitled narcissist who thinks his sole/main flaw is being (too) nice. I tend to read/post in the forums so I just block any guy that fits or seems to fit that descriptor based on his forum posts.
 Ainen
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/12/2014 8:41:07 AM
I thought of a scenario where blocking could be useful. If you're in a conversation with another user, and your account sends someone a message you didn't want to send, blocking the user should delete the entire conversation, therefore removing the undesired sent message. Then you can immediately unblock the user and send them an appropriate message if desired.

If I'm ever in that situation, I'd be honest about what I did. The recipient would probably get two emails and might wonder what happened to the other one. Recipient might have seen the message before it was recalled. Recipient might notice the original conversation is gone.
 TOaks91360
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/12/2014 8:20:41 PM
So far, I've only blocked women that were stringing me along (whole topic thread could be devoted to this so won't go into detail here), or were 'time vampires'. Time vampires are those individuals who will email and text forever but won't talk on the phone or commit to meeting in person. Cautious is one thing, but jeez, texting me titty pics and not even a voice call? How do I know she's not a he?

'That ain't a chick with a di*k, it's a dude with ti*s'
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 1:13:39 AM
When their reply is nasty, mean and vulgar or any one of these reasons. This is a date and mate site, not a hate site. I keep reminding some of these morons of this fact.
It is fat, ugly and bald men who read my profile and realize they would NOT ever appeal to me, that write really mean,nasty and, or vulgar reples to me. It could be any one of these reasons, either mean, and or nasty and, or vulgar reasons that I will block them. I will report them, if their reply is very bad.
This is a date and mate site not a hate site.
 usmale6
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:21:02 AM
I've blocked a few high maintenance women.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/14/2014 4:32:50 PM
I blocked this one guy when he sent a message that read something like "You can sit on my face any day." Other than that, I generally block those guys who keep sending messages continually asking why we are not a match. One guy kept asking if it was because he was, as he called it "out of shape" as he noted he was working out a lot. Nope, that wasn't the reason as I was fine with his physique. It was other information in his profile that made me say "nope" and block.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 8:37:57 PM
* sending me D pics
* overly sexual messages
* guys who bail, no call no show on dates then as soon as I upload a new picture decide they want a second chance and won't leave me alone.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:24:08 PM
I've blocked men who sent a d1ck pic---especially when I didn't like its appearance.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/15/2014 12:21:54 PM
@halcyon

LOL its never the nice looking penis pics its always the bad ones where their doing camera tricks to try an make it look bigger or its half limp very veiny an pale..blah
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:19:23 PM
^^^^^^LOLOLOL.... Yes, block the wee-wee shot....not needed. What about the shot where it's half limp and the guy is using one hand to hold it up???.......not impressive. :(
=======
I think if a man sends a penile pic, it should come with a disclaimer "object appears larger than it really is."
=======
I am sure women send men some wacko booby shots or spread eagle shots so I bet there is a good disclaimer out
there for that???
 April1963
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:34:40 PM

if a man sends a penile pic, it should come with a disclaimer "object appears larger than it really is."

Hahahahaha. ., that was funny!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >