Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 55
What does it take for you to Block someone on POF?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I blocked this one guy when he sent a message that read something like "You can sit on my face any day." Other than that, I generally block those guys who keep sending messages continually asking why we are not a match. One guy kept asking if it was because he was, as he called it "out of shape" as he noted he was working out a lot. Nope, that wasn't the reason as I was fine with his physique. It was other information in his profile that made me say "nope" and block.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 56
view profile
History
What does it take for you to Block someone on POF?
Posted: 1/14/2014 8:37:57 PM
* sending me D pics
* overly sexual messages
* guys who bail, no call no show on dates then as soon as I upload a new picture decide they want a second chance and won't leave me alone.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:24:08 PM
I've blocked men who sent a d1ck pic---especially when I didn't like its appearance.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/15/2014 12:21:54 PM
@halcyon

LOL its never the nice looking penis pics its always the bad ones where their doing camera tricks to try an make it look bigger or its half limp very veiny an pale..blah
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:19:23 PM
^^^^^^LOLOLOL.... Yes, block the wee-wee shot....not needed. What about the shot where it's half limp and the guy is using one hand to hold it up???.......not impressive. :(
=======
I think if a man sends a penile pic, it should come with a disclaimer "object appears larger than it really is."
=======
I am sure women send men some wacko booby shots or spread eagle shots so I bet there is a good disclaimer out
there for that???
 April1963
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:34:40 PM

if a man sends a penile pic, it should come with a disclaimer "object appears larger than it really is."

Hahahahaha. ., that was funny!!!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:51:37 PM
^^^^^^LOLOLOL.... Yes, block the wee-wee shot....not needed. What about the shot where it's half limp and the guy is using one hand to hold it up???.......not impressive. :(

I once got one of those. I told him I had just eaten pizza at the "Mellow Mushroom" the other night, and I wasn't in the mood for any more. I guess he didn't think that was very funny, because he blocked ME.
 chill78
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/16/2014 6:11:52 AM
I would only block someone if they made a rude comment about something in my profile or what I said in the forums. Or if they are unable to take no for an answer when I told them that I wasn't interested.
 TOaks91360
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:32:04 AM
Yeah, about them cleavage pics...maybe a caption below the pic stating 'Muffin top below and triple chins above'
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/16/2014 9:36:25 AM
I feel like if your gonna go ahead an send somebody a nude an they never asked you better make it a good 1..

i don't under the point of sending a woman a limp penis pic or sending a pic of your body an your chest an balls are covered in a forest of hair..you would think hey let me clean myself up a bit an groom an make sure its rock hard before hitting the send button on these kinds of pics..

an yes cleavage shots def make sure there isn't anything eles hanging out or over an kitty shots same rule clean that area up before spreading it..
 Ownerofdogs
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/16/2014 4:43:22 PM
I've only blocked one person between the 2 accounts I've had over the years and that was because after a first date she felt we should go exclusive and demanded I remove my profile. I had to explain to her that while I saw potential, I wasn't going to jump into an instant family just because we had fun one night with her, her son, and her father.

Other then that, all I can think is if someone takes personal insult in my profile and decides it's their life's goal to attack me for no other reason then because they can. Seriously, are we here to meet people or to annoy?
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/17/2014 11:37:28 AM
Usually I block when I defend myself for being called ugly as a reply to my first message, and then she flips out on me... Because clearly, I'm the one who was wrong. She thought I was ugly and I messaged her... that should be illegal.

I'm convinced people like that are only here to pick fights, or maybe even really a guy. They're usually the ones who get blocked.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/20/2014 4:22:44 PM
Apparently for most people its just saying Hello.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/20/2014 6:25:38 PM
I have had to block quite a few people since I re-opened my account in February, and mostly for the reasons stated by other posters: the same people messaging over and over again will eventually get blocked; those who send nasty mails after not getting a response to their initial one get blocked; creepy dudes who just want sex get blocked; and guys who are clearly not meeting my search criteria get blocked.

The other day I got a message from a 67 year old guy who had a lot of money but looked like a shriveled up Santa. He was looking for women ages 25-45 (LOL, good luck with that loser). He was going on that I was on the older side for him, but that I looked good "for my age" (look who's talking geezer) and that he "wouldn't mind" taking me out for a date. Had a good laugh then blocked the freak. My dad is older than this guy and looks wayyyyy better, lol.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/21/2014 6:04:53 AM
For a lot of the same reasons already given:

Photos of genitals.
Asking for sex before asking my name or saying hello.
Refusing to take a polite no as an answer.
Continuing with rude or inappropriate conversation after polite requests to stop.
Abusive messages.
Constant comments about body parts.
Continuing to send message after message after message despite not getting any response from me following polite requests to stop.
Refusing to meet yet continuing to want to text.
Refusing to show photos yet continuing to want to communicate.
Continually asking to move the conversation away from here to another text based medium. (A phone call is fine or a face to face meet)
When it has become obvious that they are self pleasuring whilst typing.

Just was reminded of another reason... even when you have not spoken on the phone nor met they are declaring undying love and planning a future
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/21/2014 7:07:37 PM
Seriously, I've been on this site for a while.. and typically I avoid any profiles that make you jump through magical hoops.. After a while you get to learn the types of things these people put in their profiles, and believe it or not they are usually the people who seem the most reasonable when you read it.

I no longer send more than a few words... it isn't worth the time and effort to put this big long special message that you wrote specifically for that person.. It will not change the response rate ever.. at all.

So do yourself a favor. Not only on this site but face to face as well.. Do not jump through hoops until shes displayed some interest in carrying on a conversation.. it will not change the outcome.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/21/2014 7:08:43 PM
Not only that but it will turn her off if you press the issue, compliment too soon, etc..etc..
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/21/2014 7:19:22 PM
One rude or nasty message.

When someone has added me 5 + times to their favorites, and I keep deleting them as they never emal me... The only way out is to block....

No, there is another way.
Try emailing THEM and thanking them for adding you to their favorites.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/21/2014 7:26:30 PM
that is classic
 MikeTO12345
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/21/2014 10:34:14 PM

I no longer send more than a few words... it isn't worth the time and effort to put this big long special message that you wrote specifically for that person.. It will not change the response rate ever.. at all.

So do yourself a favor. Not only on this site but face to face as well.. Do not jump through hoops until shes displayed some interest in carrying on a conversation.. it will not change the outcome.

Good luck buddy I really feel for you. lol
I'm going to disagree, if a woman has a good profile, only then you should write a thoughtful message. Just be pickier. Face to face is much easier.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/22/2014 8:37:50 PM
No need to feel for me. I think women do it to boost their egos I literally had a woman initiate first contact just to block like five minutes ago. Made me laugh my point is its just the way it is here.

It could also be that delete and block are extremely close together on mobile devices as well so you never can tell And despite what moderators have said on previous threads it looks exactly the same when you block or delete on a mobile device.
 Ainen
Msg: 76
Posted: 4/23/2014 8:42:21 AM
I believe the block feature has a page asking if you're sure you want to block the user.

I blocked a rude person who had sent me a nasty message about a week ago. My short term memory isn't as sharp as when younger, but I remember a page "are you sure".

Deleting a conversation has no warning. However, if the other person messages you again, the conversation returns, not just the one new message.

This was on a phone, but with the website on the Internet. Haven't tried to block or delete on the mobile app.

Another defense against unwanted favorites is to write a testimonial. "This person never contacted me, but made me a favorite without knowing me".

The Santa in his 60s must have sent his messages to women in their 20s to 40s before the site implemented the 14 year rule.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/23/2014 9:00:17 AM
Another defense against unwanted favorites is to write a testimonial. "This person never contacted me, but made me a favorite without knowing me". ~Msg: 92

No need to write a Testimonial. Just add the person to your Favorites. Then go to My Favorites and click View MSGs in the person's listing. On the Conversation page that opens, click Block User. Once blocked, you will be off the person's Favorites and can't be added back. The person will be off your Favorites too.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/23/2014 9:57:31 AM
On mobile devices it doesn't do that, and I think the majority of people use the mobile app.
 gtomustang
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/24/2014 10:50:26 AM
funny I just saw this post--I just found out I was blocked by someone. Oh well, keeps me from wasting time on someone not interested. Actually, I sorta wished more people did, and there was a feature that they just wouldn't come up on the search--basically just a time saver.

as for me blocking someone, they'd have to be repeatedly offensive--and I don't attract those people. Attention seekers get attention....while people who seek respect, get it (just not often enough, lol).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >