Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TigerinCalifornia
Msg: 14
view profile
History
secret languauge of dating?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If it were me, I would mean I actually wanted to meet you. I can't speak for anyone else. I say what I mean and mean what I say, no games or secret language.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 20
secret languauge of dating?
Posted: 8/30/2009 12:06:16 PM
Meg, you're reading way too into it. It's a lot more simpler than what you may think...

I know it's "tradition" for a decisive guy when he's going to ask a girl out to already have a date, time & place set up when he asks. But in the "online" world, girls tend to be weary and shy to meet someone AND they tend to be trigger-happy in assuming a guy's moving too fast to meet.

Thus, many times, guys will throw the notion out there to meet up and see how she responds. He's seeing if you're going to agree to meet up or going to be classical "I don't know... it seems too soon!"

If you're cool about meeting up, THEN he'll work with you on the date, time, and place. It's very simple.
 *buzz*
Msg: 22
view profile
History
secret languauge of dating?
Posted: 8/30/2009 12:51:48 PM

he says "we must meet up" does he mean it literally...

OP, if your online chat went well and you both progressed to text messages/cell~mobile phones and he suggested the above, then call his bluff & suggest where and what time!
Whether he is true to his words - time will tell.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >