Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Entzauberung
Msg: 64
Will there be snow for the Olympics?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Correction of typo.

The performance by Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir was exquisite, spell binding flawless and beautiful. So happy that they won Gold for Canada. They deserved it!
 Alli_oop
Msg: 65
Will there be snow for the Olympics?
Posted: 2/23/2010 9:45:07 AM
I hate ice dancing and didn't see it, but i heard about it. good for them.
 chinua1
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/23/2010 2:42:52 PM
Yay Tessa & Scott Twizzles are hard- especially that many of them!
North America #1 & 2 I'm hoping that will cheer up the Canadian team- now time to cheer on Joannie; especially after losing her mom
 Outdoor2
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 9:56:46 PM
Gold in womens snowboard cross

Gold in womens ski cross

Both under adverse conditions....

Canadian women rock!
 chinua1
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/25/2010 3:32:59 PM
Bronze in longtrack 5000m
Gold & Silver in 2 woman bobsleigh
silver in short track speed
yeah they do rock! today we go for gold in hockey, and Joannie has a good chance at a medal
 rockondon
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 4:30:59 PM

Will there be snow for the olympics?

Yes - there's plenty of snow.
Sadly its a different kind of snow - the kind that goes up the nose of all those who profited from the billions our province spent to host the olympics here.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:35:09 PM

One more Gold medal for Team Canada!!

Canadian Women ousted the US team in the and got the Gold Medal.

2:0 shutout.

Those gals can play!

Great hockey, great game!

▌♥ ▌ Go Team Canada!! ▌♥ ▌

Entzauberung
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/26/2010 8:07:58 AM
Did you see the faces of the Canada Mens Hockey team after the women won the gold last night?

Other than the US and Finland teams and fans who didn't share the joy the whole arena was jubilant. However when the TV camera panned across them the mens team just silently looked on.

No smiles, no "high-fives"... nothing.

Okay, perhaps they were focused on their game tonight, but I expected the men to share the joy and pride of the victory of their fellow Canadians.
 Walts
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/26/2010 2:37:33 PM

Okay, perhaps they were focused on their game tonight, but I expected the men to share the joy and pride of the victory of their fellow Canadians.

There goal has yet to be achieved,,,,,and along with the unmeasurable pressure that they feel from this country, the time for celebration is far far away. They do and have shared the joy and pride of ALL Canadian athletes,,,,,but you do have to give them their space at the moment. Bet ya if you saw the women's faces two evenings ago during "wonderful Wednesday" you wouldn't have seen them jumping up and down for the athletes that had a good day. They would have had the same determination in their eyes that the men had yesterday.

It's surprising what a lot of people "expect" outta these athletes at times. It reminds that this is why these athletes are "special" in more than one way.
 andiedandie
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/26/2010 7:19:31 PM
Mountain.... Come on...when has a thead every been known to stay on topic! lol

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow.... Just as long as there's no more pissing contests in the threads... and if there is... Dont eat the yellow snow!
 chinua1
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/27/2010 8:58:56 PM
^^^ isn't that one of the first things Canadians are taught?? An American friend asked me on Facebook how I was doing 'up there in the north'- I said I and the Spring Olympics were doing just fine! It was especially funny since he lives in Virginia, where they are snowed in
 Outdoor2
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 2:35:02 AM

Considering the amount of Olympic jerseys I've seen on other Canadian Olympians since, it's no wonder....they can't miss a moment of focus....the level of pressure has been elevated to say the least.
 whitetigeress
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/28/2010 12:06:04 PM
a year from now most of those jerseys will be in the back of the closet

eh?
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 3:33:41 PM
I'm curious as to how many people who were against the Olympics DON'T feel any pride now that our hockey team won gold? Or that we (as Canadian's) hold the most Gold Medals?
 Outdoor2
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 3:57:13 PM
^^^That would be the most Gold Medals of any country in the history of the winter games....and the most medals by the host country.
 rureally4me
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/28/2010 4:10:33 PM
Maybe not a lot of snow, being white for the Olympics, BUT
It certainly was Golden, more ways then one!
 ritawayward
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/28/2010 4:15:16 PM
I'm curious as to how many people who were against the Olympics DON'T feel any pride now that our hockey team won gold? Or that we (as Canadian's) hold the most Gold Medals?

I'm not excited or proud! They are GAMES! That's all. They cost us more than anyone can imagine for years to come! For me, it's been two weeks of horn honking drunkeness, around the clock, right under my window and so NO SLEEP! Going to work and appts everyday, not sleep deprived, but completely without sleep!

Yep! Was against ... AM even moreso now!
 freedomagn
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/28/2010 10:10:23 PM
Okay, gotta make fun of this one! Snow for the olympics? How is Columbias stock? Went up! 1oo a grm, That's a huge bill for Cypress!! lol

There is always snow in Vancouver! lol Not that I think it is good.It's always there!
 bodypro8
Msg: 85
Dear Mr. Harper, please lend me six billion dollars until
Posted: 3/2/2010 1:49:11 AM
the next election. Yours truly, Gordon Campbell.

I was working Sunday night/Monday morning at a tower on Drake at Granville. A rental tower. So that's pretty close to the epicentre. It was loud, it was raucous and it was over! For the most part. And even better, that site is over. For me. The only bad thing about a tower is that people live in them.

Anyhoo, a young girl wants a high five. Why not?! Hurrah for Canada! But I like to mess with people: "I'm American." (US born Canadian). She's like, "Oh. Well maybe next time."

Me: "Yeah, maybe. In the meantime we are still the wealthiest and most powerful nation on the f%^&ing planet." Which is better than nothing.

I moved back to the States in 1986. I mean I saw the preview of Expo. Then I returned 16 years later. How long will it take for people to shut up about the Olympics and Canada coming of age and any other self congratulatory oatmeal?

ritawayward
Msg: 88
Dear Mr. Harper, please lend me six billion dollars until
Posted: 3/2/2010 11:38:12 AM
Interesting reading!
Thanks Gitty.
 bodypro8
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/2/2010 3:11:17 PM
I wonder if I should bother to refute the same old, tired allegations that get trotted out whenever certain kinds of Canadians get their buttons pushed?

Lets see: Americans kill for oil. Um...

American tourists wear Canadian flag decals: Um...

Canadians are a moral superpower: Um, well...

Americans are arrogant but Canadians are proud: Yeah, um...okay.

The world loves Canadians and hates Americans: Yes! Very well.

That's it! I'm convinced! I been on the dark side too long. I'm embracing my Canadian side from now on! Yankee go home!

One last thing: situations are always more complex than we would like them to be. The United States is a big country. Our social problems (did you forget we have them?) times ten. Canada receives more tangible benefits from our powerful neighbour than it does deficits.

Is it Canadian moral superiority that makes Canada such an equitable country to live in? Or is it perhaps our fortunate location geographically? And our good fortune to be wealthy in resources. Which, okay. But perhaps we needn't crow so loud.

It is puerile and hypocritical to reflexively bash the States simply to make ourselves feel superior. We, both countries, need each other and our fate is entwined. Perhaps we should vote for leaders that can better negotiate our interests.
 Walts
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:32:15 PM

Canada receives more tangible benefits from our powerful neighbour than it does deficits.

Define "tangible" and "benefit" for us northern folk.Afterwards reread a hundred times and you may see why some of us up here are getting a tad tired of that line of BS.

But perhaps we needn't crow so loud.

Why???? Because America believes they have that market cornered???? Or did ya get scared from what you just witnessed the last 2 weeks????(can ya imagine a youngster wanting nothing to do with a high five from an American????) Or is that if you are not waving the red/white and blue,,,,you can't wave at all????

I suggest you start getting used to it. And if you do not like,,,the border is not so far away. Of course it may take an hour or so to get thru "security". They are scared about sumttin down south, thou I don't have a clue of what or why???? Do you??????
 bodypro8
Msg: 91
Is Canadian self identity refracted in juxtaposition to the USA
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:43:47 PM
Does not Canada live under the umbrella of American military might? Would you rather look south and see...China? Do you think that they would respect our sovereignty? Does America covet our resources? Do all countries? Without the United States protecting our borders, would not some other country violate our sovereignty? They wouldn't?!!! Because why? Because we are nice people?

One thing I always admired about Bush. He really understood power. He didn't care about public opinion. Yeah, he was evil. But he wasn't a hypocrite. Nice people don't get to be president. Even Obama.

A friend of my fathers, we were at a restuarant. This was during the buildup to the Iraqi war. Big demonstration in Paris. This lady: "He can't go now!" Me: "Three days. Bombing begins in three days."

I wasn't happy to be right. Canada benefits from all that American military muscle. Own up. Own it!

Edit: I have been a Canadian citizen for 35 years. I don't need your permission to live here. My citizenship is real. I also worked very hard in this country. If you react to any criticism with the love it or leave it response then how are you going to kid yourself that you are superior to the Yankees?
 Walts
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:54:10 PM
Edit: It's getting too easy nowadays, plus, I have to follow doctor's orders. Man,,,,I'm starting to get soft in my old age. I'm gonna have to fix that.

Snow,snow,snow. Where is that snow???? looks to north and wonders how far it can be,,,,,,,
 Outdoor2
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 7:49:24 PM

Canada benefits from all that American military muscle.

Not all....some....afterall, it's within American self interest. Not surprising that there is a quiet war going on between Canada, the U.S. and Russia over arctic sovereignty. Final papers have to be submitted soon by all parties.

Keeping our southern border is one thing, but without protecting our traditional northern border, we'll be in a real mess in the decades to come.

Of course, it will all be for naught if the NAU comes into effect...along with the Amero...
something both our populations must fight against. Especially Canadians. We're already shipping massive amounts of raw logs and water to the U.S. Our manufacturing base would vanish in an instant....as would the massive $ U.S. debt...held mostly by China....who are buying just about anything available in the world with U.S. cash.
They are dumping USD as fast as they can.
With over 5,000 years of history, they know full well that economic warfare will always, eventually, trump military might. Factor in their HUGE population base, and already massive military....America....if they are not careful....will find the light at the end of the tunnel is in fact a train.
Of course, the Chinese must be careful since they own much of that debt.
There are forces in the world that are attempting to replace the USD as the world reserve currency.
Interesting article....
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/06/15-0

In a word....no....though the media likes to think so....

Lets hope so....another wave of great athletes are about to descend soon! Can't wait to watch them too!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >