Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 19
How to tell someone you have dated twice you are no longer interestedPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Send him an email telling him that the second date confirmed what you suspected on the first date: there is no "spark."

Or, if you feel comfortable enough call him and tell him or wait until he calls you.

Do NOT give the silent, no answer treatment. That is childish, selfish, and cowardly.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 21
How to tell someone you have dated twice you are no longer interested
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:29:51 PM

Yup. Just be honest and direct.

Leave out the wonderful guy crap. That's a tired line. If he was so wonderful, you wouldn't be moving on.

tbuddha
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:54:03 PM

A phone call is the high road. An email the middle road. Ignoring the low road.

Agreed
 ForumFilly
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:26:32 PM
Why wouldn't you have the decency to call the man and tell him those things? People are so quick to do the easy thing. Grow a spine and call the man. It isn't going to kill you. I would much rather be told over the phone than in an email. And if you can't work up the courage to do it on the phone, at the very least, send an email as opposed to doing a disappearing act. That is the ultimate in cowardly acts.
 callmelori
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 5:18:23 PM
krisc76 typed...
"Just call him and tell him...Maybe he feels the same way. Don't be a chicken... Treat him the way you would want to be treated. "

If I've only been out with someone on two dates, I'd prefer the email over the call. Personally, I'd get the hint on the disappearing act, too, but I don't think email is that bad. After two dates, what is there to discuss really?
 TigerinCalifornia
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 7:32:42 PM
I would like for her to have the common decency to let me know she isn't interested instead of letting me wonder what I did wrong. Does that make sense?
 TigerinCalifornia
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 7:40:16 PM
I agree Gerry, nothing worse than being ignored and leaving you to ponder what you did wrong. I had dinner with someone I met on POF last Thursday and it seemed like we hit it off well, she even told me I would get a second date. She sent me a text on Sunday morning saying she was thinking about me and hope we could get together soon and thanking me for the beautiful texts and emails, that I was sweet, a gentleman, and appreciated. Since then, I have heard nothing, not a returned text, phone call or anything. It is like she disappeared off the face of the earth. I sent her an email tonight, not sure if she will read it but, the gist of it was I thanked her for last Thursday night, apologized if I said or did something wrong, wished her the best in her search, and said if she needed anything all she had to do was call. This is the type of person I am. Oh well, chalk it up to experience. You would think the games would be over with when you are in your late 40s and early 50s.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/27/2009 10:15:03 PM
If you aren't really close, a phone call is appropriate. But if you've talked for weeks, emailed and immed forever, then you need to suck it up and meet him for coffee or a glass of wine and do it face to face. Proper etiquette demands you have enough respect for him to do it gently and personally.

Beth
 KinChandlerAz
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/27/2009 10:53:16 PM
Easy to answer. You don't need to do anything, unless he invites you on a third date. If he invites you then politely decline.

No need to make some big declaration. He may not even ask you for that third date! You'd look like presumptuous and arrogant.

Oh, I see now you already wrote him. Good luck with that. I would have called. Writing it in email is so inconsiderate no matter how many times you've seen someone!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >