Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do I usually attract men that I'm not attracted to? Annoying!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoofBall311
Msg: 67
Why do I usually attract men that I'm not attracted to? Annoying!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Haha, but you are superficial. Just admit it and you've won half the battle.
 IzzyHoyland
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Why do I usually attract men that I'm not attracted to? Annoying!
Posted: 3/25/2016 3:32:52 PM
I get what u mean.... with me its not their looks but I seem to have the same problem except with me i attract people who are only after one thing or have weird fetishes like wearing womens clothes or into sub/dom etc... where are the normal guys?
Im certainly not the most attractive person on the planet but i think i deserve a nice guy.
I have been on here on and off for a couple of years.
 Ailand
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/10/2016 9:56:02 AM
men that go up to you hit on a dozen women or so all day. They're just having fun.
 south_city
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/10/2016 10:07:53 AM
Law of averages. Unless you aren't getting any attention from the opposite gender, you will be interested in people that aren't interested in you and vice versa. When I was actively using OLD, I got emails from women that I wasn't interested in. Obese women, single mothers with 4 kids, women that are clearly too old or young for me, live too far from me etc. I never complained about it.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2016 12:22:49 PM

I get what u mean.... with me its not their looks but I seem to have the same problem except with me i attract people who are only after one thing or have weird fetishes like wearing womens clothes or into sub/dom etc... where are the normal guys?
Im certainly not the most attractive person on the planet but i think i deserve a nice guy. [\quote]

I think you're nice looking. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Now, you say you deserve a nice guy. I agree. Take my point of view for just a minute. I, like a number of guys, have no idea where we stand in the looks department. Just looking at your photo, I wouldn't message you. Not for anything about what you put in your profile, or your other photos. It's because I don't think I would be in the same in the looks department, as you are. I might be, but I don't know. So rather than guess, I'll just look and go on.

Plenty of women won't pass judgement on a guy's looks. Only about 6 women that I ever knew, did say something one way or another. Not enough for a vague idea of where I stand. If I had a general idea, I might get more forward. So, rather than waste a bunch of time writing unanswered messages, I just veto the idea.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/10/2016 1:25:45 PM

where are the normal guys?

I'm right here.
 2ufo
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/10/2016 3:59:31 PM
Izzyhoyland...
I don't think anyone can email you; you have the age restriction on your profile to be between 99 and 99.

Fullmoonguy...
Don't even try to pass for normal. You are bright, articulate, witty and (probably) devastatingly handsome.
 DontDeleteMePOF
Msg: 76
Posted: 4/11/2016 6:41:19 AM
You have no profile picture you are a chickenshit enough said
 2ufo
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/12/2016 5:12:28 PM
And this bothers you because... ?

My choice to not currently have photos for public consumption.
Don't worry, you won't ever see them.
 BBWloverIsHere
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/12/2016 11:59:46 PM
I think you should think more of what can you offer to an attractive and successful man. Perhaps you're not as attractive as you think, that can also be a possibility.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:39:54 PM

They're on here, just probably not getting responses from you. Are you not attracting normal guys, or are they just not hot enough for you so you don't even give them the chance?
 Coma_White
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:44:47 AM

This annoys me so much! I usually get hit on by guys that I'm either not really attracted to, or just not my type. Not that I'm really looking for a boyfriend or anything but it would be nice to find a guy that approaches me that I like for once. I'm not superficial at all. I could care less about getting the hottest guy. It would just be nice to attract a man that I find attractive,appealing and we both vibe.

Have you ever considered using logic and approaching men that you like?
 ebolakitty
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/14/2016 4:10:01 AM

Down at the child support office.
 Hair2day_gone2morrow
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/14/2016 4:18:49 AM

Down at the child support office.

Hopefully, by age 50 they're done.
If not, I hope their procreation was d1ck-taculous, cuz now they're paying for it!
Would have been waaaay cheaper to go to Parumph, NV!
 Hair2day_gone2morrow
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/14/2016 7:18:04 AM

"Im certainly not the most attractive person on the planet but i think i deserve a nice guy. "

1. There's no law of the universe that guarantees anyone a partner.
2. You might not be as much of a catch as you think.
3. If you are BBW then some guys might think you're an easy target
4. Why not be proactive and message guys that you're interested in?

This is true. It's a dog eat dog world & to get a nice guy, you may have to be more pro-active w/ yourself, settle, or remain alone.

#2 is worded a little harshly IMO. Sometimes a little change in ourselves generates a change in who we attract into out life.

That old adage, raise the bar for yourself, & the people around you will be different. Maybe take a class, explore new venues IRL, rather than rely on OLD?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:28:04 AM

Fullmoonguy...
Don't even try to pass for normal. You are bright, articulate, witty and (probably) devastatingly handsome.

Muchas gracias.
 NewInElkhart
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/15/2016 1:36:37 PM
OP isn't alone, I have the same problem!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do I usually attract men that I'm not attracted to? Annoying!