Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smaxh
Msg: 90
view profile
History
22, Never had a girlfriendPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
maybe god is working against you.. he has a bigger plan for you.. a divine plan.. hes keeping you away from the sins of the times..

BULLFUCqINSHIT!

girls are turned off because you are 22, chasing girls in the same age group.. who have by now had enough male company and have had enough sex to be comfortable in their skin and in their sexuality.. you on the other hand is looking for a long term commitment or a relationship or a females company hoping them to do your the favor of taking away your virginity.. this is not heaven my man.. this is the real world.. like the people said before.. have fun, get to know yourself sexually too through any means (calls girl, booty call etc etc)

then take a deep breath and tell yourself that girls aren't everything in life and if you have your manly needs they can easily be taken care of anytime.. create more opportunity by being out as much.. i mean 3-4 days a week, as possible.. meet some people.. talk to people in the real world and stop crying these rivers on the internet.. 'cuz my man the adrenaline that you get in the real world is nothing compared to the sissy games we play here..

and finally MAN THE FUQ UP! You don't need girls to define who you are and what you are made of.. make yourself as powerful and as strong as possible.. research venues that you haven't before.. go out there and do some bloody yoga, run a mile.. because today is the day you break off the routine.. today is the day you have realized that real men don't cry they take action and take initiative and when real girls see that they can spot a winner, The Real Man!!

This talk about confidence and fake****ness gets you nowhere in life if your lifestyle isn't congruent..confident men don't cry they learn from mistake and they apply it in the real world.. any fears you have.. stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself... you are 'effin old and anything that comes YOU CAN HANDLE IT! stop being scared of the boogie man in the dark!!!!! GOD DAMN IT!
Now turn off your computer and head out and the first cute girl that you meet out in the mall or the coffee shop.. go tell her that you think that shes cute and you guys should have a coffee.. if rejected you did what I told you to do above and your reality will start to change with time.. you'll see the world as opportunity instead of a prison and if accepted.. well there you go Delete your account on POF because the real world awaits you...
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 91
22, Never had a girlfriend
Posted: 9/8/2009 1:23:15 AM

8soldierfalcon8 - You've made some excellent points on the topic of attraction (i.e. people naively expecting a soul mate to fall out of the sky, people who hate themselves expecting other people to love them), but your overall outlook on life seems rather grim. It seems to somewhat contradict the good advice you gave earlier about getting out, being happy, and enjoying life.

That tends to happen when you see enough people kill each other, or witness people do utterly evil things.

Also, divorce tends to make us cynical.

That said, I am a very, very happy person. I just choose to view and accept the negative as well as the positive.

I aim for a happy, but realistic world view. Balance with happy is a happy balance.

:)
 scorpiomover
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 9:36:43 PM
When any woman has said "I'm not her type" to me, she's often gone out with another guy who even my female friends said wasn't as attractive or as interesting as me. But he wasn't so in her face. If you're confident, it's not just that you can approach girls, you have to be able to approach without charging in like a bull in a china shop. Take your time. Go over at NORMAL speed. Don't walk directly into her, like she's a target, someone you want to nail. If she's standing at the bar, go to the bar, and THEN turn and say hello. If she's with her friends, don't just zoom in on her and ignore her friends, like she's a target. Talk to her friends as well.

Heck, if you talk to all her friends, and ignore her, she'll get so mad that you're ignoring her, that she'll thrust herself at you, just to get you to notice her, and will probably drag you on the dance floor, just so she can prove to all her friends that you're not ignoring her because you fancy them and not her. Women are like that. They can't stand to get ignored more than anything.

Point is, don't make her a target. Just make her someone who you happen to see out, and if it works, great, and if not, well, you've got plenty of women who are interested in dating you tonight. Thing with women is, that it really doesn't matter if it's true. Women respond to what you act like, not what you are. They don't start asking for your little black book and ringing up your girlfriends if you act like you have 10 girls on call. They simply assume that if you act that way, you do. So act like you do. Then they'll assume you do. Then they'll treat you like you do.

Now, this isn't some kind of a magic formula. Not every girl is going to fall into your arms. Even the best players on POF reported that in their heyday, they averaged 1 number for every 5 girls they asked out. So if you get 20% results, you're really batting 100. But if you just get on with talking to women, and not acting like they are the most important thing in your world, then they'll wanna be, and they'll do anything to do so. If there is one thing that women will do, it's that if they are #2, they wanna be #1, 'cause EVERY woman wants to be #1 in every man's life, that she wants him to like her at all.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 11:31:37 PM
Too much bullshit here, just find the nearest womens penitentiary, unzip and stand against the fence.
 big pacific
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 11:20:37 AM

Alright, so pretty much it is because Men, or Males are the stronger and dominant Sex? Is that the reason why people always say those sexist phrases "Be a Man", "Grow a Pair", etc.

No bro, it isn't. And i don't want to be a**** but seriously this is like the eleventh thread you've complained in.

F*cking grow a pair. Seriously, man up. You need to have a spine, NO ONE respects a door mat, and you'll NEVER get a relationship without respect. Realize that YOU are in control of your own destiny and women don't OWE you shit, not a relationship, a bj, love, respect, sympathy, NONE of it.

You gotta EARN it. EARN it by realising that you don't NEED to have a chick to validate your existance, realize that people try to help you all the time, but your LAZY ass ALWAYS blames society instead of taking initiative and making yourself more attractive the opposite sex. ADAPT! Don't cry about women not wanting you, find out what they want and use that to make yourself more attractive.

If you dig dogs? Volunteer at a shelter. Line dancing, learn a language, be a tutor for college kids, DAMN ANYTHING. Get involved in life, don't watch it from the back seat, maybe then a woman would want to be your co-pilot.

Oh, and Be a Man.
 big pacific
Msg: 100
view profile
History
women don't OWE you shit, not a relationship, a bj, love, respect, sympathy, NONE of it.
Posted: 9/14/2009 11:48:13 AM
I'm with you oohlala, You can't save someone from drowning if they are too lazy to swim.
 1989jeff
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 9:32:23 AM
Im 20 and still a virgin the way i think of it is better a virgin than having an std imo. Plus its not all that bad you just have to get a hobby focus your energy else where. It will happen for us all just give it time be patient.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:21:15 PM
You lucky dog....now if you can stretch it to sixty, you've won!
 TheGoob
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2010 5:17:42 AM

I think I am WAY different than almost any guy I hear say this. Why? Because almost all of them say the same thing. I'm shy, scared of talking to women, etc.

The thing is I am EXTREMELY confident with women, no problem talking to them, getting there numbers, asking them out. The problem is almost any girl I meet, no matter how much we seem to gel always tells me I'm, "not her type."

It gets very very annoying. I'm still a virgin as well, mostly because of this. I have just some terrible luck and my friends believe I am cursed. Any girl that shows interest in me usually has a bf and I went through a crazy terrible time with a girl that almost left her bf for me. Thank god she didn't though because that would've been trouble.

I seriously think there's way more luck in things than we put stock into.

Hey... I'm 26, and still haven;t had a girlfriend, the problem that I have is that I've been on a few dates with girls, but they'll find a better looking man than me, how does that fell? Like crap. The best we can do is just keep trying, even if it's been going on for so long... BUt with the luck that we have, we better find the perfect woman one day!
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/15/2010 5:58:57 AM
someone needs to grow the f*** up. i am turning 21 next week and still single. i may never find my S.O. Oh well,
 popcultureloverguy88
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/7/2012 1:56:53 AM
I quote "F*cking grow a pair. Seriously, man up. You need to have a spine, NO ONE respects a door mat, and you'll NEVER get a relationship without respect. Realize that YOU are in control of your own destiny and women don't OWE you shit, not a relationship, a bj, love, respect, sympathy, NONE of it.

You gotta EARN it. EARN it by realising that you don't NEED to have a chick to validate your existance, realize that people try to help you all the time, but your LAZY ass ALWAYS blames society instead of taking initiative and making yourself more attractive the opposite sex. ADAPT! Don't cry about women not wanting you, find out what they want and use that to make yourself more attractive.

If you dig dogs? Volunteer at a shelter. Line dancing, learn a language, be a tutor for college kids, DAMN ANYTHING. Get involved in life, don't watch it from the back seat, maybe then a woman would want to be your co-pilot.

Oh, and Be a Man."

Man I would kick your ass for saying that to him, punch your lights out, he had every right to complain, be pissed off, angry, frustrated.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/4/2012 5:53:13 PM
Men will have sex with just about anyone given the right circumstances, women not so much. Plenty of people are late bloomers and all in life is timing. If you try too hard and come across as needy that is a big turn off.
Some people choose to wait for the right one rather than just having a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend".
We are all different and there are no hard and fast rules. I can understand you wanting a long term relationship but surely that comes up after you have met the person?? Why are you not looking for sex at your age? You should be.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:02:10 PM
Sangrial

Your rant is very unappealing. You say you could be with a woman every night if you want but it is obvious you cant get anyone to take you seriously, from what you say. Why is that?? Look at your own behaviour I would suggest. At your age you should be experimenting and who knows how a relationship will progress? No one knows if a one night stand will end there or not really. You are too young to be sweating this stuff. Have fun.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:09:04 PM

This sort of rant will get you nowhere. Generalising and inaccurate. Of course you hate being rejected and you will be often, if you are using this site. The reasons for that are down to you and not women. Men outnumber women hugely and most of those gals are just cruising on by looking for Tom Cruise who is just not going to be here. lol!
 Mfforal3
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/7/2012 2:48:53 PM
"You lucky dog....now if you can stretch it to sixty, you've won!"

Lmao!...This is true in a sense. Just get a hooker when you get the urge, it's cheaper than a girlfriend!!! haha.

But seriously dude your 22 no time to worry it will come..

Good luck! Cheers!
 fivefingerspleaser
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/7/2012 3:35:42 PM
OP, maybe your 'type' is someone of the XY chromosome persuasion? admit it.. many guys up until age 22 , plus, have trouble coming to grips with the fact that they are gay
 Neil7741
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 11:03:47 AM
I'm 35 and have never had a proper relationship. I freak out at being touched, I just can't handle it. I'd really love to find someone who is patent with me but most girls can't be bothered.
 ArticLife
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2012 12:43:53 AM

OP: there are more women than men in almost every locale in the world. If you've never had a girlfriend, then it's apparent that you have thought and behavior patterns which are preventing you from pursuing a potential girlfriend and getting one. Period. One of the biggest stumblingblocks for a lot of guys is that they tend to be attracted to women they're not really compatible with. Review how you're screening the women you pursue, and see if you need to adjust whom you're focusing on for dates and relationships.

Another thing to remember is that as a guy, you need to be assertive. I'm not saying you're not assertive, but too many guys take a passive role in dating and wait around for girls to approach them, call them, etc. That doesn't work well for most guys. YOU need to approach girls. YOU need to get the numbers. YOU need to call regularly. YOU need to plan and initiate dates. YOU need to be prepared to pick the girl up at her house if you're not meeting her at the venue. YOU need to suggest exclusivity when you have rapport with a certain girl. You need to expect to do those things all the time, and not see it as a burden. The guy should consistently (but respectfully) take the lead in dating-----always. Guys who don't have relationships often don't realize that they need to take the initiative every time.

Good luck. If you really want a girlfriend, you'll get one easily enough.

It only takes a few people to break a pointless social tradition that is no longer useful or necessary.

It takes a few men to simply say no, I'm not going to do all the work. You're not worth it. Seriously. How can I, as a person who values himself, think a relationship where I not only have to plan everything but also hold the financial burden, is fair? I cannot. I refuse to accept that.

It's accepted socially as the norm, but it's unfair. It will keep going on though, so long as men value sex over their pride. Do take note that I am not in any way suggesting the roles be reserved, but merely that they be even. Fair is fair. There's no reason why it can't be.
 sooperguy
Msg: 127
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:30:19 AM
Sounds exactly like me at your age...always the friend but bottom line, not edgy enough to be boyfriend material.

My personal experience has shown me that women want a good man that has some roughness. Do not put the "**** on a pedestal". I did this when I was young...felt that women were practically perfect and psyched myself out. I never felt I could measure up to them.

After being burned a few times, I came to the obvious realization that women are no better or worse than me. I felt comfortable with being myself with an attitude of****/funny and have had excellent success. Mystery is incredibly important, don't play all your cards upfront!
 34mlancsuk
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 2:46:33 PM
my god i wish i was 22 again.

iam 38 now and ive never and i say never had any type of relationshp with any 1 at all male or female.
always been single not for trying tho
 tr1290
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/4/2012 7:06:23 PM
Being 21...a virgin as well, looked as the "nice guy" honestly I know at this point what matters most is getting your act together. Get an education...better yet know your goals and aspirations in life. I still have very much to learn yet we as adults tend to think too damn deep into our own thoughts we get lost. We should learn from our mistakes and learn from others!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/4/2012 11:10:56 PM
No such thing as luck. If a girl does not fancy you, she has a right to her preferences and we dont know what you look like or how you behave that may be putting them off. You are young yet and perhaps when you mature a bit you may attract a girl that wants to take your virginity. Some guys go to a prossie for the first and will show you the way of things. .
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:58:04 AM
seriously, if it was legalized, I wish I could kill that ***hole who said that
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:00:37 AM
Once you get over your fear you WILL be fine and once you realize we all put our clothes on one leg at a time things will get better....after being on some of these sights I find one things sure.....its a bust...and if the other sex makes you nervous its because that happens....good thing...makes you check yourself all the time...lol..look for single woman also...unless your a drama mongrel...….good luck and be safe!....being a virgins not a bad thing!
 sun_water
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/29/2018 8:15:44 PM
This post was from 9 years ago. I would hope the OP at age 31 has or had a girlfriend by now. LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >