Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > POWER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 36
view profile
History
POWERPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"But the pleasure isn't owning the person. The pleasure is this. Having another contender in the room with you."
~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
 ItsMargo
Msg: 37
view profile
History
POWER
Posted: 8/29/2009 2:54:30 PM

True power comes with dominance.

Some would argue the submissive has power as the final arbiter of limits.
However, this is not a thread on power in BDSM.
 Divorced, Broke, Bald
Msg: 38
POWER
Posted: 8/29/2009 2:59:08 PM
^^^^^^ I knew it! You CAN spot them a mile away!!!!!

jacob8088
Msg: 39
POWER
Posted: 10/4/2009 8:02:05 PM
In a relationship, it's all about teamwork. If there is an imbalance on one's end, then something is wrong.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 40
POWER
Posted: 10/4/2009 8:14:07 PM
There is equal power in both YING and YANG....Both are extremely powerful in their own right....I don't believe Mother nature creates an inbalance. Power like greed can work to one's detriment if not balanced correctly.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 41
view profile
History
POWER
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:33:12 AM
You are either over thinking this, or substituting the word POWER for a sense of general sense of well-being.
 wild1-1
Msg: 42
POWER
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:49:48 AM
The power of nature seem to be the one claiming lives of late. Where was that God of yours when you need him or is this his plan to take the innocent and leave the nut cases behind. What kind of God is he.

The need to have power to feel powerful, hmmmm, I prefer to be breathing longer so I see my child have a better life than me and those before me.

Power is very much an ego thing, if used positively its a great thing...
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 43
view profile
History
POWER
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:57:59 AM
Individual power is an illusion. You may be able to exercise it for a time, but it seldom persists. Real power comes from relationship, and community, where the goals are mutually agreed and can outlast an individual.

In a relationship, power is best exercised in balance, by sharing, by each taking the lead as appropriate, and by concensus. Mutuality of commitment is shared strength and support, and is increased by love and respect. Contention undermines both and less is accomplished and with less happiness resulting.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 44
view profile
History
POWER
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:47:34 PM
Simply, power is the ability to do or produce. I get the impression that you are talking about control, which is not the same. The NEED to control is a weakness, not power, as is the act of handing control of oneself to another. If the exchange of power exists in a relationship, ie the one who has the greater ability to do a particular thing is left to do so , with support, then power exchange is merely a good relationship in the works. IMHO, of course.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > POWER