Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > people in small towns...how do you find dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TooShadows
Msg: 20
view profile
History
people in small towns...how do you find dates?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I always figured you had to look in the next town over,but I guess you've tried that. I live in a rural area;the two closest villages have less than 600 people between the two of them. Our capital city though is about 30 miles away,and that's where I did most of my dating. It was hard to find someone who had a car of their own and was interested in living in the country,but it finally happened. Just keep looking.
 majyk1
Msg: 21
people in small towns...how do you find dates?
Posted: 9/6/2009 8:55:38 PM
If your not willing sell your house and/or move to a different town for the chance of getting a date, then the first thing you have to do is quit complaining!! There are always options. You just choose not to use those options.

{"I'm trying to understand why people think that because you don't live across the street from them, they can't try to date you. I think people just get so lazy that if they can't date someone that requires little or no effort on their part, then why even try."}

Well you got that one right!! Couldnt agree more.

I've seen on other sights where people say they wont travel more then 10, 15 or 20 miles to date. That to me is just crazy! One can never know where they might meet their perfect (well almost) match.
 OnMyOwnAgain123
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:03:33 PM
did you miss the whole "I like my house, I like my neighbors, etc?"

bwahahahah that was awesome.
Don't really know what to tell ya. I don't get why people get so fuzzled over driving. Let's hope they never get to the point in their future relationships where driving seems like the easy thing...yeesh.
 jojoaus
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 4:11:51 AM
I live in a big small-town... 32,000. But I found a fish an hour up the road... I drove there every weekend because it worked for us. He is currently a 3 hr flight from me and in a different country but guess what?? It still works cause we WANT it to. I think dating in your closest city is your best bet OP... and yeah be prepared to drive. It wont kill you, but may accelerate the depreciation on your car
Its worth it.
 2fuzy
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:24:50 AM
OP if it makes you feel any better the closest town to me POP: 1 and his name is pete
 BM47
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/7/2009 12:36:26 PM
My man I am right with you on this one. I love where I live and its a 2 hour each way drive (4 hour round trip) to meet anyone. For some reason the words (meet me half way) don't jive on a first date. To suck it up and make the date happen , means a l commitment of money and time which may not pay off. % or ^ of these a month and you'll need a second job to pay for a hotel, dinners, and fuel. I know this is part of the"courtship" process but give me a break. Its not easy to date locally either, people in small towns talk, one bad dating experience and your done for 5 counties. It takes patience , I beleiev and time to really get to know someone before moving into the face to face meeting stages. Just keep at it , when you elast expect it you find what you are looking for!javascript:smilie('')
 RobertKoi
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:03:29 AM
"I live in Dublin (almost 2 million people) and I cant get a date so I dont think it matters where you live!"
-----------
You can feel lonely in a room with a 100 people in it.
 *buzz*
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:58:16 AM
Now, that's my scenario but I don't despair.

When meeting someone means to happen it will happen as life doesn't always revolve around small community. One has to venture outside usual quarters from time to time (beach, cinema, swimming pool), businness travel gets one meeting people, believe or not - shopping centre is a place to meet people - and occasionally I pop in my local pub for a pint of Guinness (iron deficiency ).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > people in small towns...how do you find dates?