Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 226
At what age do you Just Give Up?Page 10 of 38    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38)
who gives up??

Not me for sure...

heck....I'm a man in my prime....

got me some twin girls and gotta spread some more seed....

gotta at some point have a boy to carry my name into the future!
 tanzkity11
Msg: 227
At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 2/22/2011 11:44:53 PM
Ohh snaps you seed is filled with girls I see............
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 228
Posted: 2/23/2011 8:21:32 AM
For me, I think it is more about accepting reality than giving up. I have never had much success in dating, and for the most part I can't stand dating to begin with because to me it seems like chore, to try to prove I am remotely worthy of a sweet and beautiful woman's affection. At this point I no longer believe in romantic love anymore, but if it finds me then great, I will change my stance on it. I just really don't see the point in searching for something that has avoided me for my lifetime so far. Oh and I have done the whole get into a relationship for the sake of it and I can tell you that was pure misery. I have also found that my only reason to get into a relationship at this time is more or less for lust instead of love. And also to keep people from asking me, "You are such a special person, why on earth are you single?" Of which I always respond by saying because you are not interested in me.
 mrnova66
Msg: 229
Posted: 2/23/2011 9:27:20 AM
I can relate to that^^^^^First off nice does not cut it in todays society...Remember.....NICE=Weak and A-hole =strong...The way isee it when a man turns 40 and has been dealt with all the drama that come with being a good guy,Then i would say alot of good men have given up..It is just not worth it..I am a firm believer on Average a POS coming out of prison has a better chance than a stable guy..I have seen it all my life...Frankly i gave up many moon lights ago..Who needs the misery.....Pretty much everyone i know are not married,And the one that are married are miserable...So i am not missing nothing...
 happybunny8
Msg: 230
Posted: 2/23/2011 1:21:29 PM
Meetup people meetup!! Check it out, it's online.

Of course everyone on meetup is on POF too LOL.
 happybunny8
Msg: 231
Posted: 2/23/2011 3:34:31 PM
That sucks! When I went to the POF events about 3-4 years ago, it was all people older than me and that's why I joined.

You could create one. I'm a member of one that a guy created and since he created it, he has had many ladies join and even date him. Plus he got some friends to become hosts.

He just made the group age specific though - although he does allow some members who are a tad older (it might be ageist, but it depends on what you look like and what your attitude is like). Some guys I know yearn to be part of this younger group, but don't really fit in despite wanting to.

Ok, I better stop - I don't think this is allowed!
 theskinny
Msg: 232
Posted: 3/3/2011 9:06:02 PM
I'm in Give Up mode right now. Fast approaching 33. Just need to focus on myself and forget about this nonsense. Online dating has never worked for me. If distance weren't an issue, I'd go ahead and start looking 250 miles away. It is a problem for most people, though. I'm out of ideas. Gotta move away from this town.

I'd give my relationship history, but since one lasted three years and the other about three weeks, I don't think it would really shed light on anything profound. I'll go ahead and try humility. As so many say on POF, the common denominator is you. I'm the common denominator. What's holding me back? I haven't the slightest.

At what age? I don't have that answer. When you start looking around at what is available, you can't help but feel discouraged and apathetic. When you start reading the same thing in every profile and realize what it is so many women say they want, you cannot offer, what do you do?
 theskinny
Msg: 235
Posted: 3/3/2011 10:26:18 PM
I'm not sure how quoting me had anything to do with your reply, but you do what you want on here. Not the first time I've been misunderstood. Certainly won't be the last. Methinks there was a miscommunication somewhere.

If you'd like me to clarify my above comment, hone in on what you don't quite get and we can start there. After all, most misunderstandings start with differences in premise. My reply has to do with both starting a family and finding the right woman to go about it with. Not sure how that was missed, but hey, this is plain black text without the added benefit of the human element. Perspective is everything.

(Kinda why I post so infrequently around here. Oh so very tired of being misunderstood by the forumites.)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 236
Posted: 3/4/2011 3:11:45 AM

I would say, unless you really want to be alone the rest of your entire life, you never give up on seeking a good relationship.

We really have to stop using the word "alone" to describe single. It makes people see single as much much worse than it really is. Truth is, unless you have no friends, no family, no coworkers, no neighbors and no pets, you're not actually alone at all - in fact, not even close.

You're just not in a relationship at the moment. It happens to everyone at times in life, and it's really not much of a big deal.
 ladyc4
Msg: 238
Posted: 3/4/2011 9:16:39 AM
Something I saw on TV this morning,as I was getting ready to leave. One of the morning news programs features people who have reached the age of 100(or more)...yeah, that one, the old people on the jelly jar,Willard Scott...
Anyway, the last jelly jar featured a man and wife who are both 100. They got married just 10 yrs ago!
So, hey, if 90 yr-olds can do it, why are these 30-somethings talking about giving up??
Oh, ye of little faith!
Cindy O
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 239
Posted: 3/4/2011 9:28:33 AM
"At what age do you Just Give Up?"

The day I can no longer afford single malt scotch. You can give it up anytime you wish to give up. But often when you do, someone finds you. Lately I have been thinking about selling everything I own, buying boat and then taking my chances out on the high seas. Ironically whenever I do this there is always someone that wants to come along with me. Kind of like that Police song, "message in a bottle" he throws his bottled message out to sea, and return he get's a million response back, all looking for a home. Every time I give up I end up finding someone. It's when I searching for someone that I never find them. Weird how that works out.
 mrnova66
Msg: 240
Posted: 3/4/2011 5:15:34 PM
That all depends when a person gives up...It depends on all the crap that a person deal with all his life...Each person knows their limitations...Then again there are some people are happy to be unhappy..Also know as..Got to have their DRAMA in their life....
 jeepwmn
Msg: 241
Posted: 3/4/2011 10:48:31 PM
It's been a gradual leaning toward giving up already, as in I really don't feel like dating much lately. (Thing haven't worked offline, either. . ) Turning 35 in a couple of days. .only 5 years from 40. .When I hit that number, that's probably a good time to give up and just be resigned to being alone.
 DaCapn
Msg: 242
Posted: 3/9/2011 6:51:31 PM
never give up
go out meet people
have fun (this one is of paramount importance because if you don't you are wasting your life away. Fun people are VERY attractive consider for a moment if you yourself attracted to boring couch potatoes)
keep a positive attitude because if its worth it its never quick n easy
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 243
Posted: 3/24/2011 5:56:34 PM
Meeting people has nothing to do with giving up or have a a relationship.
I have known people who were social, outgoing and met people all the time, always was the "friend, cool person to hang with" never the "person wanted for more than friendship"
I have known people who were not as outgoing or social, those people I know are married, in LTR's.
It is all luck of the draw really. Not every one of us will be dating material. We all want to believe we will be, that we are wife/husband material, but accepting the truth that some of us are not looked at more than a cool, fun person is not good in society's eyes.
I am 42, still am social to an extent, and outgoing to an extent. Not as much as I used to be. I accept that women do not lust after me, want me, I accept that they like me as a friend.
So really giving up is not a terrible thing, Staying single for god is not a terrible thing. It is like marriage, it is not for everyone. So there is no age to give up, it is an individual thing to decide.
 chongchon
Msg: 244
Posted: 3/24/2011 6:19:00 PM
My current answer: Never.

Might change my mind when I become too older, like older than 60. :)
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/24/2011 6:27:23 PM
No need for any women to ever give up. They have the men come to them.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2011 6:54:45 PM
I know people in their 60s to 90s who never gave up and found many years of new giggles and love in their last years. There is a difference between the wounded forever vibe and the hopeful romantics vibe that people give off. It is easily sensed in mere words. If you want to see real losers who have truly given up, check into the MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) and Happy Bachelors websites to see a negative feedback loop that assures that decision to give up. Negativity is a great chick magnet...not. Likewise there may be women's site of such negativity, but I have not explored them. I only went to the male versions to defend my beloved sisters.

We program our futures as much as we program our past. If you must "give up" there are sites that will gladly drive one deeper into despair into that negative and somehow comfy feedback loop. Just don't drag the hopeful amongst us down with ya...please?

I have found many new friends whilst on the search, and found solice and hope, allies and conversations, consolation prizes as they are, re-enforcing my faith in humanity. An unexpected prize in our animal crackers of life.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 247
Posted: 3/24/2011 9:38:25 PM
I couldn't agree more with Earthpuppy's post. Word for word.
My grandmother is 93 and is still going strong. The women in my family are indeed resilient, romantic, women with hutzpah. What a great lineage to hand down to my children and their childen.
I, too, have found lifelong friends on here who have become very dear to me. Solice and hope- most definitely. A community of shared support and learning, etc. Some great guys who I hope find the love of their lives in the not to distant future. Many blessings.
Give up? NEvaaah!!!
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/25/2011 11:00:13 AM
"At what age do you Just Give Up?"

Well there is no point in seeking after something that wants absolutely nothing to do with you so why even bother starting to begin with. If you don't start then you don't have to give up.
 mrnova66
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/25/2011 11:37:51 AM
EARTHPUPPY..WOW!!What a post..You pretty much stated that a guy that lives alone is a loser..WOW!!!I will never think that way..To me a guy that hangs out or lives with a woman that is full of drama,,A whore..Got 3 kids by 3 different dads,Co_ dependent is a complete LOSER..A man is better living by himself that to live with trash..You go on to say that Negativity is not a chick magnet..WOW!!!heres a news flash for you..There are plenty of women date and live with NEGATIVITY(Drug addicts,jail birds,drunks,bums,abusers,co-dependents,Drama kings)..Yes that is some real positive traits there..NOT!!!!!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2011 1:34:11 PM
folks, please resist any urges toward troll-feeding in this thread.

please.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?