Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 251
view profile
History
At what age do you Just Give Up?Page 11 of 38    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38)
I did not mean to feed the trolls. Just tried to help them find a home with other trolls. Happy Bachelors and MGTOW are perfect places for certain people who blame women for everything wrong in their lives.
 happybunny8
Msg: 252
At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 3/25/2011 3:26:16 PM
^^^I didn't take it as that either puppy. Despite those few on here who clearly belong on the sites you mention or perhaps down in their basements writing manifestos....it is very obvious to me that most of us are just on here seeking solutions and sharing experience - whether we seem to agree or not. Deep down, we know the reality of how things are - well hopefully most of us do hehe.
 mrnova66
Msg: 253
Posted: 3/25/2011 3:29:34 PM
It is mutual, i did not mean to feed the trolls..Just trying to explain just because a person that lives alone is not a loser,But a person that lives with drama kings and queens(drug addicts,drunks,jail birds,whoremongers,abusers,whores) are complete losers....Unhappy men (MGTDWC)Men Go TO Desperate Women Club...MISERY LOVES COMPANY.
 happybunny8
Msg: 254
Posted: 3/25/2011 3:35:27 PM
^^^sorry but it certainly doesn't seem like it. I've never seen you post a single positive thing about women.

I mean clearly you are angry, but you've never posted any insight as to why other than calling women names.
 mrnova66
Msg: 255
Posted: 3/25/2011 3:45:58 PM
I have never seen you post anything positive about men either..SOOOO!!!!Troll ON!!!!
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2011 3:39:14 AM
I feel sorry for those with an apparent history of relationships with "drama kings and queens(drug addicts,drunks,jail birds,whoremongers,abusers,whores)". Seems to suck a bunch since such anger is worn on their sleeves like a badge.

Must really suck for them today after Happy Bachelors was taken down by ProBoards. A friend who was victimized by one of those "happy" bachelor affectionados of the site, called to let me know they were shut down again.

The guy who started the site had shut it down previously, but someone else revived it.
He shut it down when it became apparent it had become a hate site, a feeding frenzy of misogyny that could lead to violence.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=95593089054&topic=9164

It's good that certain people give up and hide in their caves.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/26/2011 5:43:04 AM

I feel sorry for those with an apparent history of relationships with "drama kings and queens(drug addicts,drunks,jail birds,whoremongers,abusers,whores)".

Hey!!did you know my ex???

I gave up last night...but, I think I'm getting my second wind now.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/26/2011 5:55:57 AM
LOL bigbadnirish ^ ^ ^

happybunny8
Msg: 259
Posted: 3/26/2011 7:52:33 AM

The guy who started the site had shut it down previously, but someone else revived it.
He shut it down when it became apparent it had become a hate site, a feeding frenzy of misogyny that could lead to violence.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=95593089054&topic=9164

Hopefully these sites are being monitored as other "hate sites" are being monitored.

I wonder how long until POF forums become monitored. The hate is subtle (and I'm sure obvious on this thread), but it's there.

I think many of us have given up with the online portion of dating, however when we go out into the real world, things are different.

I have never seen you post anything positive about men either..SOOOO!!!!Troll ON!!!!

Great comeback.
 mrnova66
Msg: 260
Posted: 3/26/2011 9:30:22 AM
It is mutual troll
 mrnova66
Msg: 261
Posted: 3/26/2011 9:33:09 AM
It is good that CERTAIN people stay with CERTAIN people so that the DRAMA can stay in their cave..Misery loves company....
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 262
Posted: 3/28/2011 5:50:13 AM
How did we go from trolls to giving up? It is one thing to give up completely but another to take a long break. I have given up looking for that special someone, but if I find her looking for me, then great. I mentioned to some friends the other day that I was going to sale everything I have and get a boat and take my chances out on the seas all alone to get away from every one. Guess what? Nearly all of them wanted to come along with me. :) Antone can give up at anytime the would like, but for me I find it difficult when my "message in a bottle" gets answered by so many. To give up after that would be really sad. So instead of giving up, I am taking a long break.
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/28/2011 10:32:12 AM
Long breaks are good, to gather your thoughts, your confidence etc. But giving up I think is to each thier own. Not everyone is destined to be with someone. It is just up to the individual to realize it or to keep dreaming and be letdown each time and wonder why.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 264
Posted: 3/28/2011 8:58:16 PM
11/11/11 sounds like a great date, gives you months to prepare.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 265
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:12:37 AM
What are all you guys...Mice? says the church mouse in my pocket...sure take a breath, enhale, rejuvinate...but, unless you've resigned yourself to become a hermit..get out there n raise some heII.
 treck7
Msg: 266
Posted: 3/31/2011 1:27:52 AM
"42"

But in reality I'm 38, I turn 39 this July. So my answer would be 39.

However it won't be me giving up, I'll just take down my profiles on the different sites I'm on and wait about 5 years and try again.

(Or check into those foreign matchmaking sites.)
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2011 6:13:27 PM
There is the concept of giving up, and then there is the stage where people engage in a negative feedback loop that assures the original premise and the obvious results. Positive feedback loop vs. negative. Hard choice for some.

Meanwhile back at the ranch of negative affecionados...There are cracks appearing in the ranks of the He-Man Women-Haters Clubs...Happy Bachelors and MGTOW hate groups. I highly recommend the following links for profound humor and context.

http://www.manboobz.com/
http://www.onlinecollegemoms.com/2011/03/14/men-going-their-own-way-and-im-thrilled/
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/1/2011 8:34:13 PM
Why is a happy bachelor, aka happy guy who is single, such a bad thing Earthpuppy? And also I see that those who think giving up is being negative, I wonder is it because dating has been good for you and so it should be fun and good for everyone? I never knew we were clones and were suppose to do what everyone else does. Someone gives up and people are all over them, saying they shouldn't and yet those same people have no idea what experiences someone goes through. Gimme a break!
 DavidFromDesMoines
Msg: 269
Posted: 4/1/2011 10:44:09 PM
I am 31.

Never had success persuing women, flowers being nice telling them how they make me feel etc all bombed out. I refuse to meet a drunk woman at a bar and risk getting a STD and ruining myself forever. I dont know many places to meet women that doesnt make me look like a total creep or weirdo.

As for children I agree they are more expensive now then ever before, I have 1 sister that has children and is in a relation ship with a man who has fathered 1 child and is helping raise 2 from her previous relationship he is a braver man then me.

I have other sisters that have 1 child and are on government assistance and are in a relentless loop of being poor and beholden to public assistance.

One of my sisters has 7 kids most with different fathers none of which are supporting her or them. I learned all kinds of lessons from her.

I just cant see myself being in a relationship with a woman like that, Independance is a must for me. Even tho its a bit hipocritical I dont own my own place so im not completely independant but I try.

Safe sex will be my battle cry if i can ever get dating plane off the ground. Untill I Know for a fact it will work out long term pregnancy will ahve to be some drunken accident that gets taken care of at a clinic unless we both are sure we wont get tired of eachother sooner or later.

Does this make me seem like a total douchebag? I dont think so.

Some day I will find a woman that isnt superficial and worth persuing and i pray to god she gives me a shot. I am worth it!

Just not ready to give up yet !!! Thats why I am here but to be honest I am going in slow mo I havnt sent any messages to anyone except to compliment a truck that someone just bought... Yeah Im borderline hopeless its something im working through.
 rat-7
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2011 12:19:28 PM

I dont know many places to meet women that doesnt make me look like a total creep or weirdo

I know what you mean, I am in the same ship as you are except for the fact that I am older
 Investor2011
Msg: 271
Posted: 4/2/2011 5:07:11 PM
First off men and women should not be thinking about kids until they meet the right person. Trust me if you bring this up on the first date it's not going to happen. People get freaked out by that. I can't see past dating because I can't see past the present situation at this time. I think it's best one step at a time and if you meet the right person your time will come to have children. It's not easy to meet the right person and you have to believe 100% that this is the person you want to have in your life. Look at Jennifer Aniston she's in the same boat. It proves that all the money in the world will not help you.
 mrnova66
Msg: 272
Posted: 4/2/2011 7:45:55 PM
This is true,But the reality is most women will have kids with a man that is not even good for them..Moreless good for having kids..RESULT=Poverty,Crime,high suicide rate,welfare cases and dead beat men..Then people wonder why society is the way it is..And it all stems from people that have no business having kids...Most wome will choose the biggest loser of the bunch...OH!!!I can just heare it now from women..The phrase(It takes the man too)..Well no joke sherlock,But "WHO" is left with the child..99% is is not the man..He is out of the picture..He is either in prison or on to his next prey..And there are no shortage of women that go after these types...And more than willing to have kids with them..Then there is the next generation down in to the sewer...
 mrnova66
Msg: 273
Posted: 4/2/2011 7:51:41 PM
Good post HEY YOU!!!!I agree with you 100%
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 274
Posted: 4/5/2011 6:46:33 AM
I think it has been said already... a man my select single and childless on its own merits without any tinge of "giving up". The idea of giving up implies failure. There is no failure in electing bachelorhood when it is a viable lifestyle. It wasn't so long ago when countless, nameless cowpokes in the bunkhouse, sailors in the foc'sle or soldiers in the barracks would say "Are you crazy? What would a guy like me DO with a wife and kids?" . It is nowhere written that a man must pair off. In many ways it is unnatural for him to. Why fight it?

At some nebulous time in the future, you may begin to favor and try to protect your bachelorhood. We can't really call that giving up. It is just swapping one dream for another. No more a failure than trying for the CEO slot at your company, not making it but accepting another CEO job at a different company that you never considered for as much or more money. Thing is, being a man -- as was also stated -- you can reproduce into your 80s. Lightning can strike late in life and you can change your mind again!

Before the early 20th century, it wasn't even a man's objective to get married and have kids. The ancient Greeks and Romans had to make laws to force men to marry. In the Middle Ages, they had laws and customs to force men to copulate with their wives to produce children. For the first time in recorded history, women are anxious to be "picky" and let you get away from them. Think of the gift women are shoving at you... are you going to turn down what men have coveted since the dawn of time? Oh, what many a Victorian gentleman would do with your opportunities!
 mrnova66
Msg: 275
Posted: 4/6/2011 2:31:19 PM
Very good post and good logic Magicallaroundme^^^^^^It makes alot of sense to me...you are one of the few on here that can make a mature statement without all the attacks..If you go back a couple of pages you see what i mean...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?