Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SaucyArtist
Msg: 351
At what age do you Just Give Up?Page 15 of 38    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38)

I'm 22 and I've pretty much given up, especially since I come across way older than my age...so that combined with bright red hair pretty much kills my chances LOL

I actually had a girl tell me the other day out of the blue, "I'd never date a ginger, don't want ginger kids."

That's mental. Evidently she never saw Axl Rose back in the day--DROOL!!!!!

Red headed guys are hot. Keep looking--you'll find a girl. :)
 lm711511
Msg: 352
At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 7/9/2011 6:40:20 AM
Ok I just seen that and it totally pissed me off I just turned 36 not too long ago. Even if the post was old.
 redfox21
Msg: 353
Posted: 7/9/2011 12:01:26 PM
What made you mad?

What's wrong with giving up? Honestly, I love it when girls say, "you'll find someone" and I say, "would you ever even give me a second glance?" and they say, "No".

Love stinks. I'm 22 and I know that girls are s0 superficial that if I had black hair instead of his goofy orange natural head of hair, I'd be able to date and have fun.

I don't want to end up one of those guys who has no fun in his life then marries the first girl that comes along. I say save myself more rejection and give up now.
 SaucyArtist
Msg: 354
Posted: 7/9/2011 1:26:24 PM

What's wrong with giving up? Honestly, I love it when girls say, "you'll find someone" and I say, "would you ever even give me a second glance?" and they say, "No".

Love stinks. I'm 22 and I know that girls are s0 superficial that if I had black hair instead of his goofy orange natural head of hair, I'd be able to date and have fun.

I don't want to end up one of those guys who has no fun in his life then marries the first girl that comes along. I say save myself more rejection and give up now.--Redfox21

At 22? You wanna quit at 22?! I'm sorry...can't wrap my brain around that, Sweetie.

Listen...life is tough and you just have to be tougher. Wait till you hit the rough patches--are you gonna quit then? You are an attractive guy. Seriously. Try dating brunettes, I've found that a lot of people are attracted to their opposites--not always, but often... I am. I love white and pasty guys with lighter coloring (blond, red, or light brown hair--blue, green, or hazel eyes).

There's nothing wrong with your hair. But if bothers you so much...you could go lighter or darker with it. There's no reason for hair color to stop you from dating when there's hair dye everywhere. Lol. Personally, I think coloring it would be criminal, because your hair is beautiful (I know, not something a guy wants to hear). But it is.

Or better yet--stop trying to date superficial b*tches. LOL. There's a lot of maturing that needs to happen in your age group--don't toss in the towel before you even start the game. :)
 lm711511
Msg: 355
Posted: 7/9/2011 2:47:42 PM
Someone said at 36 there is no point and you should throw in the towel.. That is what I saw and to redfox21> I have a son who is a red head. Red eyelashes, everything...now with that being said you could only change your hair blonde due to the complexion. My son did and then after a week wanted what GOD gave him... So don't give up on anything your too young stay true to yourself and yes there are very superficial woman out there, once you notice that red flag move on. You are way too young to waste your life on users. But you have to put yourself out there and have experiences and in your case hopefully good ones... Good luck
 valenciacityx
Msg: 356
Posted: 7/9/2011 3:37:12 PM
dude, knock it off, at least you are tall ;) girls are STUPERficial (STUPID+superficial) for altitude.
change your stat to 6-0, show up in cowboy boots and a hat - off to the races
gidddy-yup.
but yes, 36 is indeed a grand time to give up, it is when the first batches of divorce are in the oven - by 40 they have chimed in and bingo hello new baggage !
 Sînz
Msg: 357
Posted: 7/9/2011 4:17:40 PM
I have been single for about 10 years now and it really isn't a big deal. That is not to say that I don't get a booty call here and there but as for a "committed relationship" it is extremely over rated. So in saying that I would say I gave up when I was 23 years old and don't really regret it.

Every so often I hit up dating sites such as this one or friends try and hook me up and it really just ends up the same. Just too many people out there with entitlement issues and are more concerned with what they get out of a relationship instead of just trying to be with someone. I even used to think their was someone for everyone but people are just too selfish these days.

Bachelor for life.
 redfox21
Msg: 358
Posted: 7/10/2011 11:04:59 AM
Beautiful? Um...thanks I guess LOL but Hot or Sexy would have been better.
Nah, I tried my hand at dating for a few years with younger and older women. But after a while, it gets to be where the girls I desire, I am unable to get. There can be a group of ten girls, nine of which I find desirable (I'm not shallow) and none of them want me...but the one that I might have a shot at dating is the one I do not find attractive. I can't win!

And I REFUSE to settle. I would never settle for the ugly girl that everyone knows I settled for just so I can say I have a girlfriend. "Ahh yeah he has that insane hair and comes across like he is 40 years old...he can't get the babes...he had to settle"

Not me. It's actually a great feeling giving up for dating at 22, no more drama.
 happybunny8
Msg: 359
Posted: 7/10/2011 2:03:46 PM
Oh for goodness sakes. What a pity party. You folks need some perspective. Holy sh*t.
 SaucyArtist
Msg: 360
Posted: 7/10/2011 2:06:31 PM
Redfox21--You have to do what makes you happy. If that means giving up, then so be it. But I never said you should settle--no one should.

Maybe if you stop looking so hard the right girl will find you when you least expect it? It happens. Just go out and live your life. Go places, do things you enjoy, meet people with no expectations. Just relax. There's no sense in putting so much pressure on yourself. Who knows? Maybe you'll change your mind at some point...you may think you act like you're 40...but you are still 22. Time has a way of changing perspectives.

At least you aren't prematurely graying or balding--ask those guys how easy dating was for them. In the one pic where your hair is wavy--you remind me of James Dean. The girls in your town must be mental. That's all I can figure.
 redfox21
Msg: 361
Posted: 7/10/2011 4:18:05 PM
I guess I sometimes think I was born 20-30 years too late (I would fit in better as a 20 year old in 1978 or 1988 than a I would in 2008) and yes the color and style of my hair is often a topic with girls I work with. Some say I should shave it off, some say I shouldn't comb it back but I like the way it looks and I'm not going to change my looks for one girl who doesn't want me anyways. If they don't like me how I am, forget them.

James Dean? I actually got that the other day because I was wearing a white t-shirt tucked into blue jeans with my black shoes. I like dressing like a man, not like a trendy teen. If I put on a hoodie or put on long baggy shorts and sneakers, I would feel like I was dumbing myself down and wouldn't feel attractive.

That may explain why I usually only attract women older than myself. Hell, my first time was with a woman 15 years older than I was at the time. In fact, if I take all the ages of the girls I've dated and find the mean, the average age of the girl I date and actually "get" if you catch my drift, is 31.5 years old.
 masterchefbob
Msg: 362
Posted: 7/10/2011 6:46:57 PM
I have thought about it many of times. I was married for 18 years and was cheated on twice. I thought too myself how can anyone recover from that. Then I realized the most important thing. Not all women cheat, cheating comes from with in. Cheating is in the heart and not in the circumstance. I will never be a jealous person because of what a person did. I will never let her destroy the person I know I' am. So I' am still single and still looking and I will never give_up because I' am better then that. I know that real ladies are still out there and I' am sure that they want the same thing as everyone one else, Romance, Trust, Ethics and most important True love that only comes once. So stay in there and search with your heart.
 ChiliPequin
Msg: 363
Posted: 7/11/2011 9:57:07 PM

I know that real ladies are still out there and I' am sure that they want the same thing as everyone one else, Romance, Trust, Ethics and most important True love that only comes once. So stay in there and search with your heart.

Discouraged? Yeah, I get discouraged. I don't enjoy dating. Love meeting new people...don't like the games and false expectations. But I don't believe I'm too old. You won't find what you're looking for if you completely close off the possibility. There are people who find it in their 90s in rest homes! All you need is to find one good one.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 364
Posted: 7/11/2011 11:33:36 PM
ill be 37 this year, have survived a horrid marriage at 25, and then a long term one for 6 years after that. I think I was alot younger then, did'nt know what I REALLY WANTED in a life time mate, and settled for less than I deserved. Im alot wiser now and more in tune with what makes me happy, so I deserve to be picky and choosy, to make absolutely sure that whomever I end up with we will make eachother happy for the rest of our lives.

You should never give up on finding your true mate, nor should you settle for anything less than somone who completes you. You have to fumble and mess up get a broken heart, lose some dishes and some furniture, and move on, and PRAY you are smarter the next time.

Just becasue you are hitting th 4-0 mark does NOT mean that its time to throw in the towel, it means perhaps you maybe are trying to hard.. your needs are too high at the moment?? Its hard to say. I truly beleive that all good things will come...frankly im SICK OF WAITING TOO.. but also will not settle for any less than someone who is my other reason for living..!!
 RSKtakR
Msg: 365
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:16:34 PM
Im 36 and TOTALLY fed up w/ the dating scene.. Im pretty sure I have just given up, just tired of the BS and games that keep showing up over and over again. Im not a insecure guy or anything by ANY means, Im just tired of women that cant just be honest.
 simplyme5x4
Msg: 366
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:34:24 PM
well i just saw this post and oh my gosh I am almost 41 , I got divorced when I was 39 give up NO WAY! I am happier now than ever and I know God has that perfect spmeone for me. And he has that perfect fit for all who do not give up.
 femmeduchocolat
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:52:49 PM
I am in total agreement with your assessment for reasons of not giving up. Sometimes, we are so anxious to find Mr or Ms Right, that we miss out on golden opportunities of just enjoying the friendships and let the love happen. If all the elements are there, it will happen. It gives me hope, when I see little news snippets showing couples who indeed found one another in a nursing home. It is not always about the intimacy, but about the caring, sharing and love one for the other and most all the companionship that comes when you find that one special person.

We have a tendency to place our emphasis on the right thing in a dating situation. We start sizing up the individual as a potential mate, rather than just enjoying the commonalities that each of you share.

Give up, NEVER! In the meantime, prepare yourself for that partner who is right for you.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 368
Posted: 7/17/2011 11:05:35 PM
Its not scienctifc research or anything but it seems to me that more guys tend to give up or just fed up trying to meet someone then women do...
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 369
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:21:56 AM
I think with all the games played these days, many people just have had enough. It is bad enough with our day to day problems we encounter but to encounter games so much in dating, that leaves a bad taste in alot of peoples mouths. We all feel we are destined to find love. But are we really?
Just because we are always told cliche sayings, and just because some people find love and are happy, does not always mean it will be something to happen for everyone.
We all will have aspects of our lives that are successful and others that are unsuccessful. That is what makes us each an individual. Just because 8 of your friends get married in say a 5 year period and you are still single, does not mean you have to settle down, as the saying goes, and find a wife/husband.
Things happen in our lives for a reason. Some people come into our lives for a reason. But to think we all will find love and all will be happy that way, is exaggeration and is something to make people who feel down about, feel better.
Enjoy what you like to do in your life. If someone comes into it and enjoys it with you or no one comes into your life to enjoy it with you...are you going to say you can't enjoy your life?
 WynsHeart
Msg: 370
Posted: 7/18/2011 1:31:15 PM
I've started to give up, but it doesn't really have anything to do with my age (39). For me it's more the dating sites & how everyone seems to be so damn picky. lol. I mean guys, you're just as bad as the girls. The guys that actually bother to respond to any message I might send, will talk in about 3 messages & then all of a sudden they want to know what sex positions you'll do, stuff like that.
I'm 39 & yes I happen to enjoy sex but I don't want to be talking about it when half the time I don't even know your real name. lol. Seriously!
Also, I'm a big girl (BBW in fact), & although I tend to have most, if not all, the characteristics men are "looking for" on their profiles, I rarely get replies. Now, I know big girls aren't for everyone, just like I'm sure skinny girls aren't for everyone. It would be nice though if people wouldn't be so quick to judge. I mean does anyone actually READ the profiles anymore?
Oh well, so what age should you just give up?........ I say never. If you want that special connection & that forever friendship/love, then never give up. That's a prize too valuable to give up on. I've seen it with my grandparents & although there are times when I swear they hate each other (lol), they have NEVER given up. It's too easy nowadays to just give up & be selfish.
Real true lasting love takes WORK, COMPROMISE, & RESPECT on both sides. We can just learn that, life will be so much better. :)

Happy Fishing everyone.

Just a girl waiting for someone worth fighting with & for. Heehee
 jj021677
Msg: 371
Posted: 7/18/2011 2:04:41 PM
I have just about given up. At least on these dating sites. I cannot figure out what women want. They say they want a nice guy who works hard and is kind and knows how to treat a lady. I am all those things and don't really consider myself ugly and yet have not received any replies from any women on this site ever. So maybe it's time to give up on pof. Evow is better but not a lot of ladies on there that I would date.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:38:18 PM
By all means, give up people!! The fewer cynics and damaged goods darkening the skies and dreams of others, the better the atmosphere! Bye ya'll.
 cakedesigner
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:11:23 PM
NO, NO , NO!!!DO NOT GIVE UP! There is someone out there for EVERYONE! You will find that perfect woman FOR YOU! She's out there. And she will LOVE your red hair and will hope your children have red hair. I agree that girls (and the key word here is "girls") are superficial. You're young, they are young. The older you get, the less you care about the superficial things and look for what's inside. Maybe, if you must LOOK for that special someone, get out of your age group and look for someone older and more mature. (but not me ,sweety. I'm TOO old)!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:04:40 AM
Never give up!!! It does feel like your just meeting different people and not getting anywhere, but just try to stay positive, you're only 22, jeesh!!!!!
 redfox21
Msg: 375
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:43:02 PM
It's not just physical apperances, though. It's mainly three things that hurt any chances of relationships.

1. Too busy

I myself am a busy guy. I still have lots to do to become more independent, and I work often. However, it seems that even my busy schedule is nothing compared to how busy women are, especially the younger ones. I sometimes think they try to be busy and social just for the fact of saying they're busy and social.

2. Not single and the curse of Matt and Josh

Even single girls are instantly in a relationship as soon as they're single, which makes meeting and beginning a relationship impossible, especially since I'm not fond of the whole "aggressively pursuing" thing. I'll be talking to a group of five girls, all of whom have boyfriends.

Then there will be a single girl who gives mixed signals. You can jump out of a plane, save an old lady from a burning building and climb a mountain and the girl will look at her friend and say, "So...Josh text me last night..." or "Matt was there last night...he's so hot!!"

There's always a "Josh" or a "Matt" or that guy who no matter how flawed girls are infatuated with them.

3. Kids and ex-boyfriends/husbands

I plan on marrying someday to a woman who is single and never been married, then having kids with a woman who has never had kids before. These days, almost every girl you meet has an ex or a kid. I have nothing against single parents, but it does, personally, turn me off.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?