Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 476
At what age do you Just Give Up?Page 20 of 38    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38)
^^^You couldn't have said it better. I believe it's just something said by those people who are already in relationships/married to give hope to those who aren't . After many years of being single (I have dated, been in relationships, even lived with someone , but end result=single), I have pretty much given up on finding someone who is compatible and where there is mutual attraction. I'm grateful to have my good friends, family, and relatives, so I'm not alone in that respect.
 rocktman1973
Msg: 477
At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 9/3/2012 7:48:26 PM
I'm pushing 40 and I've almost given up. I have no intention of starting a family now and I've already been married once (for 15 months) with no kids. Never again will I marry, I don't care who I meet. It's so over rated, it's not even funny. Having said that, I still wouldn't mind meeting someone special and have a long relationship, with out marriage. But I haven't had anything serious since 2007, so I'm not holding my breath.
 downtera76
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2012 1:21:59 PM
I just turned 36 and realized I'm not getting younger and not getting happier either. And the worst part is, now two of my ex-girlfriends are now on this site which makes it more painful and not a day goes by where I don't think I wanna message them telling them thanks alot for putting me in this spot where I'm struggling more than ever.

I'm thinking by the time I turn 40 and still on this site, I think I'm gonna indeed throw in the towel. I'm just having no luck with this site...at all.

What's it gonna take?
 my_name_is_paul
Msg: 479
Posted: 9/4/2012 3:54:20 PM
40 is mid-life these days.

I pity the couple in their 20's farting out kids... being broke, with no career and nothing in the bank is not the time to start a family.

I think that's why most women are so against having a new family... they lived through a very rough 20-30's and think that its all the same in the 30-40's.

I will agree that not everyone has a perfect match.
 Polish Prince17
Msg: 480
Posted: 9/4/2012 5:05:39 PM
32 no kids no ex wife , heart is aching I think I just gave up
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 481
Posted: 9/4/2012 7:06:09 PM
It's not an age when you give up. Just when if feels right! lol

When you're a male on PoF you certainly get that feeling a lot!!
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 482
Posted: 9/5/2012 3:47:52 PM
I'm only quoting a fellow poster, I'm sure you all know who I'm referring too. "If a man isn't a model with muscles and drive fast cars, ull never have luck on here!!!" "All about male models, wha wha wha!" Lol
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 483
Posted: 9/5/2012 10:24:28 PM
^^And what can be said about men who are in their 30's?
 justlookingvt
Msg: 484
Posted: 9/6/2012 1:48:15 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

people also say men age like wine,

did you mean "whine" ?
 whatUneed02
Msg: 485
Posted: 9/6/2012 10:11:39 PM
plenty of single moms out here, and step dads you just need to decide which one you want more, kids or a the perfect nuclear family. with divorce being what it is, you only got a 50/50 shot at getting that right.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 486
Posted: 9/6/2012 10:27:57 PM
Referring back to what a previous poster had said, regarding avoiding dating women in their 30's, you have to wonder if this statement is a reflection of the poor choices they made dating. Because, of course, all women in their 30's are the same, and we can be painted with the same brush.. :P That's like saying, avoid all men in their 40's because they'll be too set in their ways. Yeah, that argument holds up really well.
 Serephena
Msg: 487
Posted: 9/8/2012 9:26:03 AM
Hmmm. so you are in your 30's and worried that you should give up wanting kids? I had my last child at 37 and I wouldn't trade her for anything, (and her dad was 35 when she was born) she is the world to us..so it is possible to have children later in life? and yes, I carry the burden of raising her as I get older, but she is so worth it. Concentrate on finding the person you cannot live without first and then talk to them about maybe starting a family or not. You will meet the right person and somehow all of this will work out. And if not, then it simply wasn't in the cards for you.
 CharminC
Msg: 488
Posted: 9/8/2012 2:00:33 PM
Whoa whoa whoa... they are out there redsox. You just need to look at yourself to refine your picker.
Trust me, it's not them. It's you. You need to step back and figure out why you are picking these types.
When you find the reason, your dates will become more to your liking.
May not find the one but at least have a pleasant evening.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:13:29 PM
I just turned 40 about two weeks ago and haven't had a significant relationship since 2007. Frankly, I'm just emotionally worn out. I don' t have the energy to start meaningful conversations, invest the time and money in all that dating stuff and then never hear from the woman again.

Plus, after what my ex-wife did to me (affair with best friend of twenty years), I don't ever want to leave myself that vulnerable emotionally ever again. I've tried and I've tried, but like the old saying goes... "Fool me once... " People say, "Get over it." and to a degree they're right, but you never forget and you will always have an emotional wall put up.

Just need to put this out there. I'm not a f***ing male model, but I've got news for 99.9% of the women on this site, NEITHER ARE YOU.

Also, my number one priority in my life is MY kids. So sick of women that tell me that I have practically dump them in order to date them. Piss off.

Quite frankly, the power of the vagina has no effect on me anymore. I don't care if I ever have sex again the rest of my life, because frankly, the cost is just too high. Time to live my life for me and my kids and ONLY me and my kids.

My answer to the question is this: Give up when you nothing left to give and/or when you keep getting told you have nothing left to offer.
 liftnw8z
Msg: 490
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:45:16 PM
I am so done...since 2009.

Seriously - we all do it to each other. We claim we want honest and sincere but when it comes along the packaging (I.e. no six pack abs and s fancy european sports car ) isn't right so we discard the hard working guy in the truck like he's trash. Same way with women -too if the look isn't there forget it.

After the disaster of a date I had tonight, I am even more convinced men and women don't belong together in more than a friendship role lol.
 raptor1dodge
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2012 6:34:48 PM
thats one of thouse ? you have to just push past im 35 and i have a little boy 2yrs its the koolest thing i love it my problem is finding a gal worth seeing the gene puddle is realy small here ....
 popcultureloverguy88
Msg: 492
Posted: 9/10/2012 1:41:41 PM
i'd say never give up, although easier said than done but you just gotta keep fighting through life
 reddenwade
Msg: 493
Posted: 9/15/2012 12:23:13 PM
This reminds me of something I heard once..........."Women will always cost but marriage is the most expensive route"
 cooldadfl
Msg: 494
Posted: 9/15/2012 1:02:16 PM
Never give up, Its just like any other endevor we take. You dont have to have a fancy sports car or a big pile of cash, heck I drive a 94 bronco and that has never been an issue, I drive and have what I like not what I think anybody else would like, besides are you dating me or my car. Once you give up you have accepted defeat and that is not what I do and neither should any one else.
 rocktman1973
Msg: 495
Posted: 9/15/2012 8:08:01 PM
I've pretty much given up a few years ago. I don't know what women want now days! I had no problems dating in my 20's and early 30's. I was even living at home with my elderly mother at the time. Still had no problems meeting women. Now that I'm 39, living alone, I can't get anyone to date me. If someone does contact me on here, we start chatting online, she ends up giving me her number to text. They don't want a phone call, just text! After a few garbage texts, I never hear from them again. Seriously, what do women want??? Just someone to text with? Ever since I put "Do not want a text buddy" on my profile, no one has contacted me.

And it's not about money either. I drive a $53,000 Lincoln paid for in cash and at one point had $180,000 in the bank. So, it's not always about women wanting a man with money or is financially secure. I had way more women dating me when I lived at home and had no money.
 BigBeatBravado
Msg: 496
Posted: 9/16/2012 9:11:41 AM
If you want a family, put it in God's hands and follow the intuition he sends you.

If you feel strongly, then never give up. Never surrender!

Women can have babies into their 40's and 50's now. There are complications, but it can happen.

Keep the dream alive, and if something doesn't work, try something else.

Just know that the world is full of people looking to bond and connect.

=)
 simplesous
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2012 9:13:07 AM

It does get harder for women because men all want the 20 yr old with the perfect body and the rest of us women are what used up? Ugggh.

You date younger men because you say they are better looking with fit bodies and that is ok, but when a man makes the same decision you don't like it. You have complained about men being superficial in their desires for a "barbie doll" over the overweight you, yet you will not date an overweight man yourself. It is a good thing that you have decided you'd rather be alone than settle, because alone is exactly what you will always be. Most likely, you will grow tired of younger men dumping you as soon as it becomes clear that you want a relationship. Do yourself a favor and get realistic about your league as it stands now, because believe me the pickins are going to get worse and worse as you age. The guys who are currently in your true league right now won't give you the time of day when you are 40 and you will wish you could have another chance at them.
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 498
Posted: 9/17/2012 9:01:13 PM
Where are they? I can't find them. The past few years I have been toyed with, used as the back up until something better came along, or strictly contacted to see if the other party could have a hit and quit. I don't understand the games that people insist on playing with others-what joy does it give them? I am a decent kind thoughtful person who just can't seem to have a meaningful relationship. My heart is broken atm due to an old friend from my teen years deciding to get with me, and then going back to his user girlfriend with the instant family (small kids). She will crap on him again, and this time I won't be there to comfort him. I'm done. I will be 47 next month and I have decided to give up. Hope is a dangerous thing, and I am not gonna cling to it any longer. My only dream will never be realized. I hope all of you have better luck at this than I have had.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 499
Posted: 9/18/2012 6:51:14 AM

lol simple.. I lost over 200 lbs and I am losing more. I look good and I feel good. Im so sorry you feel so shitty about yourself that you feel the need to insult me lol. Why dont you stick to black men? I didnt see you on Americas next top model so you arent that hot.

The woman you are referring to,i think shes a knockout, and im sure many men think so too. Shes giving you solid advice and you as always take it as a personal attack. And I very much can see her on "americas top model" More than anything, i think you feel threatend by her beauty.

As for you only going after younger men with fit bods... That shall be left alone....
 sayenwarrior
Msg: 500
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:19:59 AM

The 30 year olds? Holy shit - nonstop games, lies, indecisiveness, drama, more bullshit than a rancher shovels in a decade.

I can honestly tell you that of the women I have dated over the years.... every single solitary one of the 30 year olds was a freaking head case. Sorry, it's the way it is.

Are there normal 30 somethings out there? Sure, they're already married in solid happy marriages.

It's like I tell all my single male friends - if you have an reasonably attractive woman (30-something) who's single - who has been single for a considerable amount of time (who's been "looking" for a man) - there's something wrong with her head. Be warned. And, yes, I am always right in that case.

You nailed this one perfectly. Absolutely correct.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?