Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Busminster
Msg: 176
At what age do you Just Give Up?Page 8 of 38    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38)
Oh, and it's ridiculous to give up at age 29 or in your early 30s. You guys just don't even realize how young that is!
 Rob_SA
Msg: 177
At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 11/15/2010 3:32:15 PM
Fifty three years, one month and sixteen days.
 lostintheshufle
Msg: 178
Posted: 11/23/2010 8:01:36 PM
Never give up!!! But I think life's plan is like a roulette wheel, where you either cash out when you're winning or you end up with what the last spin gives you or you just walk away broke.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/23/2010 8:04:20 PM
Well, look at this way: no matter how bad it is for you you'll still have a chance. If you give up, you won't and you get nothing. As long as there's life there's hope.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2010 6:16:52 AM
I met a couple in a park one day, in their 80s, cute together as all get out, twinkling eyes, laughing, touching, kissing. During our conversation I asked him the secret of their ability to be so in love at their age...He replied, "I waited my whole life to meet this beautiful woman, and we've been this way for over a year now." They both giggled.

My dad lost his wife of 28 years at age 66, survived a cancer battle himself, and at one point was ready to give up. After a few years of grieving, he looked at a senior singles newspaper and after a couple of false starts, met a woman who made him laugh again. They married at the tender age of 70 and had another dozen years of loving bliss before he passed away holding her hand in their home.

I had breakfast with Doris Haddock, aka Granny D, who walked 3200 miles across the US at age 90 for campaign finance reform. She ran for congress at age 94. (on HULU..Run Granny Run.) She was at a gathering of activists when we shared that breakfast, and quite bright eyed, flirty and fun. She made a comment that flushed my face at one point. One of her travel buds turned to me and said...(It's okay..she loves to flirt with all the young guys". (I was 52 at the time). As she rode back to the airport with Woody Harrelson and the Lexington hippies, Woody asked if she minded if they lit up a joint. Doris just smile and told him, "I've been waiting my whole life to try that", and did, and giggled more than ever. She finally gave up in death at age 100.

Aging and love ain't for sissies. I feel sorry for people who give up at such a young age.
 mrnova66
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/28/2010 7:19:41 AM
I agree Socaj74 100% with your post..Women seem to like POS..But they will tell you they want a honest man with a head on thier shoulders..In my experence..THAT IS BULL!!!!!Most women are scared of good men.They will drop him like a hot potatoe.Then run for the next loser or jail bird..Women love drama.It is a requirement.If you do not have it then you are out of luck...DRAMA=No job,abuser,jail bird,dead beat(No Child support)drug addict,arroagant(Been everywhere,seen everybody,done everthing)drunk,druggie..Yes you must have these traits..Like i siad it is a requirement..
 countrymiss52
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/28/2010 9:58:23 AM
I'm never giving up. Finding a special love is worth the wait!
 milklover
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/28/2010 10:47:44 AM
I'm 35 and certainly ready to give up trying to meet people on the internet. The internet has become infested with fake profiles, people that just like attention and have no plans of actually meeting anyone, and people that just play mind games, or at least try to. 30 something and up also has a stigma attached to it. After I hit 30 I simply stopped getting any messages and emails, while just the year before I'd have my inboxes full of emails. Most people want someone young, and probably limit their searches to nothing past 29.

By this time next year I will be completely done with the internet for meeting people. I've been on here a lot the past few years because I just haven't had time or money to go out much. I'll have to change that though and start going out to meet people.

I'm 35 with no kids, and at this point do not plan on having any of my own. I don't mind meeting someone who already has kids, but I don't need any of my own. Like you said, who wants to be 60 years old trying to play football with your kids? Not me. Or even worse, how about being 60 years old and have to deal with a hot tempered and violent teenager? That's right. You won't be dealing with him. He'll be dealing with YOU.
 Crisgo88
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2010 11:20:29 PM
I have thought about this myself. I have reached a point where I am tired of looking. I am tired of dating. It is becoming harder and harder to find someone I have things in common with. As I am getting older I am finding more divorced and single parent mothers on here and not that I have any kind of hatred for them, just not my type. I am not ready to be an instant Father figure. I am crushed. My Grandma died and one of the last things she said to me was she wanted to live to see me Married. It bothers the heck out of me to this day. I cannot live alone for the rest of my life but I am actually trying to get used to it because it is becoming more and more possible.
 hemanmachostudlovegod
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/11/2010 6:12:21 AM
Menopause is about the right age to give up. It turns out that young women want to have babies. If you doubt that, ask any baby where it came from. To have the baby a father is needed, and oftentimes that father is wanted to stick around as a husband, although lately not as much, since his money can be made to stick around regardless, which is the main thing. Once motherhood begins the woman does that until her kids grow up and move out. The man who fathered the children, if he is even still there, as often as not he won't be, must be ejected during menopause as a relic from the reproductive stage of her life. Then she is done with men except on occasion when she suffers a vestigial urge.

Outside the norm is a small band of exceptional women whose regard for men derives from an actual affinity and is not the typical utilitarian use of men aforementioned. These women roam by night in unmarked vans, unseen until they pounce. There may be some in your town. You never know until it happens.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/11/2010 7:18:29 AM

The way I feel about meeting/dating at this moment? I should have just gave it up about yesterday or so. But ~ this too shall pass and I'll be ready to get back out there, have some fun, meet some nice men, and maybe someone wonderful will think I'm wonderful, too. It could happen.
 oneofnine
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/12/2010 7:36:19 PM
I just turned 39 in october and have no kids. I was looking for someone who wanted to do the family thing or build on what she had, but not anymore. Meaning I've stopped looking for women who still want kids or opened to the idea. I still keep an open mind about having kids, it's just instead of it being at the top of the list of criterias, it's now at the bottom.
 mermaid140
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/1/2011 3:17:16 PM
Now, I have stopped looking.....
 Fifi47
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/1/2011 5:30:46 PM
Maybe I should give up at my age, but I still have a twinkle in my eye when I talk to men and I will probably still like to flirt when I am 90....
 TheBeastHere
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2011 5:46:57 PM
I'm guessing 40 and check yourself into a resthome. At 44, I am beyond bitter. Living in small towns and wanting it all, just isn't going to happen. In my 20's concentrated on college and a job. In my 30's busy running the business I started. 40's working on find somebody to help me get out of bed in the mornings. In my 50's I'll have somebody to help me get out of bed, home health care worker.

At every point in my life, what the other sex wanted is what I'm not. 20's it was the party animal, I had to be responsable. 30's it was a guy in a suit living in the suburb, again I missed the boat. I was living in the country doing manual labor. Now in my 40's women are back in school and looking for God knows what. What a woman wants is a ten thousand dollar question.
 mrnova66
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/2/2011 2:03:57 PM
I know where you are coming from^^^^^^^Number one..Nice or good does not cut it in todays society(Found out the hard way)..You either have to be in prison half your life or be a drug dealer /abuser....So what is the sense in wasting ones time...It is like winning a lottery...There are so many liers out there.Then you have these POS women that string a guy along until Mr.Loser comes around..I have learn back in my 20s most women could careless about a good guy.And since than i have never look back..I got better things to do with my time.
 Fifi47
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/2/2011 2:11:47 PM
I know no women who would date a man who had a criminal record or is involved in drugs. Makes me think you need to date a better class of women. We do exist.
 mrnova66
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/2/2011 2:27:02 PM
Are you refering to me^^^^^(IF)You are,Then number 1 you do not know me or my experences..No more than i know your life..If you know any women date criminals..Well that is you..Not the POS women i know..About class of women..What does that have to do dating Jail birds..Majority of women i know(No Matter the class)will date (Jailbirds,abusers,drunks,arrogant,drug addicts,lazy,worthless,drama kings)..And all the while claiming she is looking for a good guy..WHATEVER!!!!You have your life experences and i have mine.....I am a firm beleiver on average what a woman calls good and what a man calls good is totally 2 different things.
 Fifi47
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/2/2011 2:32:10 PM
You can have an opinion and I can't? My experiences do not include knowing these type women, sorry that you cannot meet the women who want nice guys.
 mrnova66
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/2/2011 2:52:33 PM
I never stated that in my post that you could not have a opinion..I stated you have your opinion on your life experences and i have my own opinion on my life experences.
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/5/2011 11:07:04 PM
If there was even the slightest possibility for me to still get pregnant I would.I can't believe I am never going to be a mother,but unfortunately that is the fate I was handed.So long as a womans ovaries are still hoping and can get pregnant then it's not too late.Women can get pregnant even into their forties and the chances for genetic abnormalities don't really go up as much as people try to say.If I could I would try now but it would take a real miracle.
 mrnova66
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/6/2011 12:33:09 PM
Do not give up^^^^John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston just had a baby and i beleive she was 48..My mom was 37 when she had my baby brother,But that was way back in 1974..There are plenty of women having kids in their 40s...I can notremember all the movie stars that had kids in there 40s.And look at John Tralvolta did not have a relationship from 1977 until 1990 or so because in 1977 his finance(SP) died of breast cancer..I beleive she was 40 at the time and he was 25.She played his mother in the movie..BOY IN THE BUBBLE...He took it hard..Yes it is hard to beleive he was going to marry someone 15 years older than him(Keep in mind this was back in the 70s)..Very rear back then...So do not give up!!!
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/6/2011 12:58:57 PM
Thank you mrnova66 but I am now practically infertile.Nothing can be done for it.Even if by a miracle I actually managed to conceive the pregnancy alone would kill me.If I was just an average 36 year old with no real health problems then I would most definitely try,but I am not.Life can hand us real crap sometimes.
 mrnova66
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/6/2011 1:35:14 PM
I am sorry to hear that Ray Of Moonlight..I know what you mean about life..I can relate..For i do not have no kids myself..I know alot of people that should not have kids and on the other side of the coin i know alot of people that could make good parents and they can not have kids..In fact i go one step further..Most people that have kids that i know should not have them and most people i know that do not have kids would be better suitable parents..It is starnge how that works out..But i am alright...I guess things were not meant to be.
 Zoth
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/6/2011 5:56:11 PM
Depends on how rich you are. Look at David Letterman. If you can afford to send the brats to private school and hire a nanny so as not to cramp your style, go for it. I already feel too old and set in my ways to waste my time with diaper changes, feedings, trips to the doctor, etc. Losing sleep over screaming babies isn't even worth the mind blowing sex you may or may not get once a week if you're lucky.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age do you Just Give Up?