Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zangie
Msg: 372
view profile
History
What's the reward for Chivalry? Page 21 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Intent is important to me regardless of the action...

If you are nice( chivalrous) because you want something in return...that is not good...or being nice...
If you are nice ( chivalrous) just because that is who you are...that is good...

A man who does anything with the intent of impressing me so that I will do what he wants me to do...whatever that is...is never impressive..

A man who does nice things because that's how he thinks it should be, or because he respects me..that is impressive...

Intent is everything..even in the good/bad guy thing...
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 373
What's the reward for chivalry?
Posted: 5/12/2010 5:46:23 AM

Definitely a difference between a white knight and a chivalrous guy. A white knight will be stepped all over, and eventually the girl will lose interest. A chivalrous guy who can remain alpha will win over a girl's heart.

Main point: treat a girl with respect but as an equal. Or something like that ;)

WTF?? We need MORE ill-defined versions of what “white knights” are----aren’t “white knights chivalrous by their appointment, isn’t that their credo and mission? How or why would a “white knight” allow someone to mistreat him? That’s completely silly and quite hilarious too! Oh brother...........

Applying the golden rule works most often I’ve found. If someone doesn’t feel compelled to act in a similar manner we still have the satisfaction we’ve done our best towards them---their reactions are all on them at that point. Equality has many faces but that’s not what this is about---was it?

Both sexes should make more of an effort to show kindness and respect - that doesnt ever happen enough.

Then make it so by YOUR actions!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >