Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JerzeeSmiles
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?Page 11 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
I am in the same situation. It was a planned pregnancy and my ex couldn't get away fast enough. I am half way thru my pregnancy, and he's at the bar every night with a new girl. He recently called me to tell me he sold his truck for 3 grand and none of it would contribute to anything to do with "the kid" and that he was using the money to buy a BMW to feel better about himself.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 252
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?
Posted: 6/17/2012 8:36:04 PM
LOL, men have no role in fathering children, & supporting your child is a "penalty".
Sure glad MY husband never thought that way.

And ummm........what is this "free housing & free everything else" for single Mothers you speak of?
I would have liked to have known about this when i was trying to make a 2000 per month rent as a single parent on one income.

I am not sure where this free ride idea comes about, i get bills every month just like everyone else does, regardless of what my marital status has been at any given time.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 8:47:30 PM

Iknow this sounds unbelievably simplistic

What is really simplistic is that men DO have the same choices as women, they simply have to make them earlier, due to biology. Men are not women & vice versa, but they each have choice. Whatever actions either takes should be in direct relation to their desire not to produce a child. It really is that simple. Victims of circumstance aren't at all as common as some of you make them sound; the minority of single mothers who dupe a man into getting her pregnant are fairly transparent if you keep your eyes open, just as the man who claims to have had a vasectomy shows signs of being less than honest. We all have to live with the consequences of our actions and the results of making bad decisions or choices in partners, and that IS fair.

The degree to which you are responsible for the prevention of an unwanted pregnancy is directly related to the degree to which you desire to prevent having a child, couldn't be much simpler than that, if you ask me.
 Howyoumetme
Msg: 254
Posted: 6/20/2012 1:49:43 AM
Hey......the barn door thing after the horse thing...too late....So no blame... just get on with it..life brings great joy in a child...and I may add to the self centred folk..try empathy ...you muppets!
 mtluggage
Msg: 255
Posted: 6/20/2012 3:14:32 PM

What is really simplistic is that men DO have the same choices as women, they simply have to make them earlier, due to biology

Focussing on "She's already pregnant" and keeping in tune with the topic, a man has no choices. A woman has choices. The topic is about the aftermath and not about the self-righteous attitude that someone let another person impregnate them and it's 50/50 fault.

The "NO! means 'NO!'" mantra suggests that a woman who got unexpectedly pregnant said "Yes. But I'm only take half the blame if I get pregnant."

Let's not assume that all mothers who chose not to abort, chose not to abort because they wanted the child. Some won't abort based on their own belief/moral system - which is a contradiction in terms. These type most likely make up the majority of the bitter, angry women who could never be pleased no matter how involved or uninvolved the father becomes.

It makes one wonder how many of these angry women are the cause for some fathers to keep a distance.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 256
Posted: 6/20/2012 3:25:03 PM
~~~~~~~~~
These type most likely make up the majority of the bitter, angry women who could never be pleased no matter how involved or uninvolved the father becomes.
~~~~~~~~~
Nah.. the majority of us aren't bitter.. some of us are angry because the man just poofed. Most of us are upset because the child wants the other parent.. and he is denied that by the other parents selfish negligence.

~~~~~~~~
The "NO! means 'NO!'" mantra suggests that a woman who got unexpectedly pregnant said "Yes. But I'm only take half the blame if I get pregnant."
~~~~~~~
Yep. no mean no.. for both genders.. Yep if the woman gets pregnant it's half the mans fault and half the woman's fault.

~~~~~~~~
It makes one wonder how many of these angry women are the cause for some fathers to keep a distance.
~~~~~~~~
Or how many became angry after the father left.

again.. abortion is not an answer.. the focus needs to be on prevention, not abortion.
 mtluggage
Msg: 257
Posted: 6/20/2012 5:09:35 PM

Yep if the woman gets pregnant it's half the mans fault and half the woman's fault.

I disagree that a man has 50% control over a woman's body. I'd go with 60/40.

again.. abortion is not an answer.. the focus needs to be on prevention, not abortion

You're not dealing with the issue - you're hiding from it. maybe quit pretending education is 100% foolproof.

Nah.. the majority of us aren't bitter.. some of us are angry because the man just poofed

If we go with the 50% equation, why not settle with mother providing care and the father provides financial support?

Just so you know - I think any guy who does not step up to the plate and provide for the child is a douchebag and deserves no respect. In terms of "catering to mom", that's questionable because of the vast amount of variables for each situation. Some moms are never satisified and never can be satisfied.... even if they had Prince Charming in their life.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:28:31 PM

Focussing on "She's already pregnant" and keeping in tune with the topic, a man has no choices

You can choose your own focus, but as far as fairness, I stand by my post. The consequences to both a man & a woman are known BEFORE the pants come off. I am not being self righteous, I am being realistic. I have absolutely no desire to have a child, & I am fully aware that I am not capable of having an abortion or giving a child up for adoption, so... I had my tubes tied. End of story.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 259
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:45:40 PM
Where did I say it's 100% foolproof? Obviously it's not. the only foolproof thing is to not have sex. Obviously people aren't going to abstain. That's "unheard" of. 2 adults who have sex have to accept that a pregnancy could occur even if they take all the necessary precautions.

I'm am dealing with the issue. Yea.. you can't force a women to have an abortion, that's because it's a medical procedure that has medical and psychological side effects. Not to mention moral and ethical issues. It has much less to do with wanting or not wanting a child and I think it terrible how some women just have multiple abortions and think it's ok.

Because kids need both parents, men do not want to pay child support and apparently 50/50 isn't fair no matter how you split it, and women are just looking for a free ride.. or so I get from this and the other forum.. what should happen is mom and dad should do what right for the child planned or unplanned, together or not together.

Also.. if it is all well and good for a women to have an abortion and take all the risks just so the man doesn't have to stand up and be a father. then put the same responsibility and expectations on the guy. He can have a vasectomy and then there will be no worry about a pregnancy.. Not to mention, is safer, covered by insurance, less invasive, and reversible. but that's taboo right???
 mtluggage
Msg: 260
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:51:05 PM

You can choose your own focus, but as far as fairness, I stand by my post. The consequences to both a man & a woman are known BEFORE the pants come off. I am not being self righteous, I am being realistic

If you focus on the topic it should be elementary. I'm sure preaching to a pregnant girl about the consequences of sex rather than focussing on what to do "Now that you ARE pregnant" and the man screwed off, will yield you nothing more than sighs, sarcasm and a comment to get off your self-righteous pedestal.

so... I had my tubes tied

You're not focussing on women who don't want their tubes tied because they planned on having a family in the future. I think I am correct in assuming your self righteousness.

Based on my experience with self righteous people, I will conclude disputing where the topic focus "is" rather than listening where you "choose" to place the focus. You resolve nothing. In your words:

End of story.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2012 4:36:21 PM
mtluggage, you're an azz, but that's neither here nor there. As I said, you choose your own focus, but my response was valid & had nothing to do with self righteousness. I was responding to a post regarding the "unfairness" to a man when a woman becomes pregnant. At that point it is already too late, for men, if they want any choice. Reality is reality & has no bearing on what is "right".

I am not focusing on any particular woman or man, and if you reread, the entire point of my post is that the degree to which any person desires not to have responsibility for a child should be directly related to the degree to which they go to prevent one from happening. Whatever your problem is, please don't push it on the rest of us.

As for focusing on the topic, well, then..... some men run because they are irresponsible jerks, some men run because they are immature, some men run because they are afraid, some men run because they believe that they have been tricked. Elementary enough for ya?
 mtluggage
Msg: 262
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:12:56 PM

mtluggage, you're an azz, but that's neither here nor there

Your response is in line with my previous comment that some women push men away because of their indignant attitude towards those who don't worship the ground they stand on. That is why some men run at the first sign of pregnancy - they see the writing on the wall.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:03:38 PM
No.. you called her self righteous for illustrating what she did to prevent unwanted pregnancy and suggesting that others take it seriously as well.. i'd say her assessment of you is accurate. As you so... ummm...eloquently... *cough*.. put it.. there are reasons why anyone everyone would not want to use a certain form of birth control..

I keep saying... men can have a vasectomy to avoid it.. then get it reversed when they want a baby.. Reversal is not an option when women do the "equivalent" types of procedures available to them.

~~~~~~~~~
.what is this "free housing & free everything else" for single Mothers you speak of?
~~~~~~~~
I'd like to know this also.. LOL!
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 264
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:40:02 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Despite rising joblessness and poverty, the percentage of single mother families receiving welfare benefits fell from 16% in 2001 to 11% in 2007, and to 10% in 2010.
~~~~~~~~

there.. I can play this game too if really insist..
 Tealwood
Msg: 265
Posted: 6/21/2012 9:19:50 PM
Despite rising joblessness and poverty, the percentage of single mother families receiving welfare benefits fell from 16% in 2001 to 11% in 2007, and to 10% in 2010.

The rates cited in the text are the rates of receipt for children living with their mother only calculated by
Legal Momentum from the data reported by the Census Bureau in the annual report “Table C8. Poverty
Status, Food Stamp Receipt, and Public Assistance for Children Under 18 Years by Selected
Characteristics (year),” most recent edition available at
http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/cps2010.html

I see you have been reading the paper....Legal Mommentum

The Women's Legal Defense and Educational Fund....the comments you provide were on pg 3....now I liked the observations on pg 2...

POVERTY RATES HAVE INCREASED
The official poverty rate for single mother families rose from 33% in 2000 to 37% in
2007, and to 38.5% in 2009.7

or

The percentage of single mothers never employed at any time in the year rose from 21%
in 2002 to 23% in 2007, and to 27% in 2009.4

or

EMPLOYMENT RATES HAVE FALLEN
The percentage of single mothers employed in an average month fell from 76% in 2000
to 73% in 2007, and to 68% in 2009.2
The percentage of single mothers employed full-time year-round fell from 51% in 2002
to 49% in 2007, and to 45% in 2009.3

Now the report Confuzzeled pulled her statistics from....also immediately after the line she provided...stated

Because of their high jobless rates, the contraction of welfare aid has had an especially
harsh impact on single mother families, and is probably the most important cause of the increase
in extreme poverty that single mothers experienced in the 2000’s. Despite rising joblessness and
poverty, the percentage of single mother families receiving welfare benefits fell from 16% in
2001 to 11% in 2007, and to 10% in 2010.

FOOD STAMP RECEIPT HAS INCREASED
Food Stamp receipt, like welfare receipt, plunged in the second half of the 1990’s as a
result of “welfare reform.” Unlike with welfare, however, in the early 2000’s the federal
government responded to this plunge by adopting new Food Stamp policies aimed at increasing
participation among eligible families. The subsequent Food Stamp participation expansion was
particularly beneficial to single mother families for the same reason that the welfare contraction
was particularly harmful. The percentage of single mother families receiving Food Stamp
benefits increased from 29% in 2001 to 33% in 2007 and to 41% in 2010.

HOMELESSNESS AND DOUBLE-UPS HAVE INCREASED
For the past three years the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has
counted the number of homeless persons in emergency shelters at any time in the year and the
number of persons homeless (both sheltered and unsheltered) on one given day. The number of
families using emergency shelters rose from 130,968 in 2007 to 159,142 in 2008, and to 170,129
in 2009, with single mother families accounting each year for between 75% and 80% of the total
number of homeless families.12 Single mother families probably also accounted for most of the
17,675 homeless families without shelter on a given day in 2009.
Economic necessity forces many low income families to double up in another person’s or
family’s household. Doubling up is often a precursor to homelessness. The percentage of single
mother families doubled up in another person’s household declined from 18.4% in 2001 to
18.2% in 2007, but rose to 20.3% in 2010.

Intellectual honesty would suggest that you include the other aspects the report discussed Confuzzled?

Confuzzeled...did you read all of that report.....???? Really appreciate you bringing this one out....was not aware of it before....

Single mothers are more likely than single fathers to have attended college. However,
single mothers have higher poverty rates, lower incomes, lower employment rates, and lower
wage rates. The 39% poverty rate for single mother families in 2009 was almost twice the 24%
rate for single father families.

Now it also goes on to talk about the need for affordable child care....something very important to insure the cycle of poverty is not repeated for the poor children who have no control over who their parents are. But why despite the larger numbers of woman attending college are they less likely to be employed or employed full time? Inquiring minds would like to know?

But this was a great report to acquire for my research and discussions. High applause for finding it!
 mtluggage
Msg: 266
Posted: 6/21/2012 10:16:33 PM

i'd say her assessment of you is accurate

Nice.
But given your propensity to manufacture tales I wouldn't put much faith in your ability to assess others. I may be an azz to women like you and others. But I can proudly say I don't speak out my azz like you:

Reversal is not an option when women do the "equivalent" types of procedures available to them

You're busted:
http://www.tubalreversaloperation.com/?gclid=CMbmqYiJ4bACFbEBQAod8V950A
http://www.tubal-reversal.net/blog/2011/tubal-ligation-reversal/reverse-tubal-ligation-is-it-possible.html
http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/surgery/a/tubligreversalp.htm
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/21/2012 10:20:04 PM

It´s been said that around 20% of single mothers live under or at limit of the poverty line.
So they recieve benefits from the welfare system: nominal rent on housing, reduction price on utility bills, food stamps, discretionary cash, medicare...

I worked as a temp. intake worker for Florida DCF, the amounts women on welfare get are next to nothing, maybe about 200 a month for a parent with 2 kids, they certainly did not have a full fledged "free-ride" or discretionary income or any type of fabulous life, usually they were in sad situations & happened to have kids while in said sad situations, they had no "nominal rent" to pay because housing costs were so high in my area you could not rent a cardboard box for the amount welfare gave (that 200? Would not have even covered my home energy bill), the Mothers with little children either were bunking up with relatives or friends, & if they had absolutely nobody, went to stay in the local womens/childrens shelter program, where they put like 4 families per bedroom, like they were cattle.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 268
Posted: 6/21/2012 11:41:26 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are: 11,268,000 total U.S. custodial mothers and 2,907,000 total U.S. custodial fathers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When those numbers equalizes I bet the 'stats' will too..

If men stopped "running at the first sign of pregnancy" and stuck around more those statistics would drop significantly..

Since most true deadbeat dads are the ones who are living in poverty and can't afford a child and they are the ones who "run at the first sign of pregnancy".. it stands to reason that the single fathers, more often then not, already have a decent career and a good support system.. And since this is a small "percentage" of single parents then of course there will be more single mothers doing "things wrong" the single fathers. Whereas women who have a child raise it, obviously more of then then the men do, regardless of their economic standing..

at the urging of a friend.. I once took that food stamp prescreening test.. after hearing someone harp that single mother having everything handed to them.. lol ya know what they would have handed to me for a family of two making near minimum wage? 24 dollars a month.. and nothing else.. no tanf, no welfare, no whatever else they offer.. Except the kid care insurance.. which costed me 40 bucks a month and co-paya!!.. (more then my insurance through my job did later in life!!) So I guess I still don't see it..

Why do more single mothers have a college education but are unemployed? Well..let me give you some examples.. My best friend has two kids and a master degree to work with people who have significant brain injuries.. she's looking for work... her job offers are as follows.. part-time 10 bucks an hour.. full-time 11 bucks an hour.. full time- 10.68 an hour. (not even enough to cover daycare/babysitter while she works!!!). This is happening because the market is SATURATED with people who are out of work.. so they don't have to pay you.. someone will take it.. Another college educated friend of mine lost her job when the economy tanked and the business she worked for was closed.. She did manage to find another job..part time.. for the department of labor and hour away.. for less then what she was making at her previous job. She took it..but she's got no extra. yet another college educated friend of mine left her husband when she got tired of being his punching bag.. she works in IT and can only find contract work, because all of her IT buddies are also out of work, so the companies don't have to hire full time employee it's cheaper to hire for contracts.. Another friend of mine had her man of 15 years just walk out on her and her 5 kids, doesn't send money, doesn't visit, doesn't call won't answer her or the children s calls.. She works part-time, int he store her mother owns and goes to online college so she can educate herself and get out of the situation she in. Then there's me, who believed what he said he was going to regarding the baby until he just vanished one day after the baby was born. I got a college education got a job which let me go when the economy tanked.. i had to move across country to find work after years of unemployment, because the jobs where I was kept telling me i was over qualified to work there and wouldn't hire me..

These are the 'stats' you refer to.. these are the people you demean.. they are not statics and they are not looking for a hand-out.

You will always find some who are looking for handouts.. there are always a few bad apples.. but to carp blanch say "single mother are this that and the other thing" because of "insert stat to prove your point here" says so.. is incredibly wrong.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 269
Posted: 6/21/2012 11:51:41 PM
luggage..
oh boy.. yes..

it's possible

It's also major surgery that is more likely permanent then reversible.. the longer they have been tied the less likely you will have success with the reversal. It's done at extreme costs and many many risks to the woman and any child conceived after it is reversed.. (such as ectopic pregnancies, (which are life threatening to the mother) stillborn births, miscarriages, endometrisosis and other complications) not to mention the risk of the surgery itself..

Vasectomies, in comparison, are inexpensive, is minor surgery and poses almost zero risk to the man to have or have reversed... the biggest down fall your chances of creating life after having one reversed is reduced by about half.

So umm busted?? not so much..
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 270
Posted: 6/22/2012 12:13:48 AM
^^
I'm impressed you've had a tubal ligation and reversal!! did you call guiness?? lol (i'm joking!!)
 mtluggage
Msg: 271
Posted: 6/22/2012 2:00:23 PM

luggage..
oh boy.. yes..

it's possible

It's also major surgery

You need to make up your mind - is it possible for a woman to get a reversal or isn't it? Let us know what you decide - we'll ignore facts and listen to you, instead.

This shouldn't be about doing a cost analysis/physiological comparison over who is going to protect YOU from getting pregnant (unless you're an idiot). Getting pregnant and giving birth and raising that child is way more expensive major procedure/surgery if needed (c-section) - you need to get your priorites straight. Rather than focussing on men's responsibilities you should focus on yours.

Keeping in tune with the topic, I think you are validating the reasons some men run away - you put too much emphasis on what the guy should do while waving your royal sceptor and providing misinformation as if it were fact rather than fiction.

I'm beginning to see why so many women get angry at men - it helps them live in denial, happily.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 272
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:05:45 PM
misinformation?

I illustrate why what you say is is a bad solution and you call it misinformation.. i quote statics off a site, jut like others on here, and it's misinformation.. ok.. whatever.. clearly you are only interested in what you think it right.

Oh and as for the it's not reversible comment.. doctors will recommend against it most times because of the risks and complications it carries with it.. so no. in my eyes.. it's not reversible.. even though medically it is possible untie them..

I protect me from getting pregnant.. a man should protect himself from getting a women pregnant. If it happens then they are both responsible and both should be held to raise the child.

what i post isn't fiction jut because you don't like it.

I'm not angry at men. I'm upset (not angry) a A PARTICULAR man and to those who think he shouldn't be held responsible because i didn't have an abortion... you're wrong... period..

I put as much emphasis on what a man should do as you put on what a woman should do.

This thread is on why men run.. men run because they are immature, scared, irresponsible, broke, not ready, mad at the woman, trying to punish the woman, don't ever want kids or some other reason they think up that I haven't listed here.. pick one or two.. None of the reasons make it right or acceptable. All i did was offer the alternatives to impregnating the woman.. which of course men don't like because it 'doesn't' feel good" or it's "not their responsibility" or some other excuse. I also said women should take precautions as well. I didn't suggest anything as drastic as major surgery... and never would.

Still I notice how no man has touched the vasectomy suggestion.. it's probably the most effective method out there..

I have a royal scepter?? Is it bejeweled with sapphires??? I do like how they sparkle! I wish I could see it!
 mtluggage
Msg: 273
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:48:01 PM

I illustrate why what you say is is a bad solution and you call it misinformation.. i quote statics off a site, jut like others on here, and it's misinformation.. ok.. whatever.. clearly you are only interested in what you think it right

I think you're reading too far into my comment. I am referring to your previous post that women cannot have a reversal in terms of tubes being tied. As far as posting statistics are concerned, that's an issue between you and the other number crunchers - not me.

Oh and as for the it's not reversible comment.. doctors will recommend against it most times because of the risks and complications it carries with it.. so no. in my eyes.. it's not reversible.. even though medically it is possible untie them

^^^This reasonong is what I targeted as far as misinformation is concerned. How can you argue any issue whatsoever if you approach a topic based on such logic?
*sigh*

If it happens then they are both responsible and both should be held to raise the child

I agree.
As a footnote, getting into a p!ssing match with the father (refer to your logic on 'reversal') will cause the man to keep his distance from you.

I'm not angry at men. I'm upset (not angry) a A PARTICULAR man and to those who think he shouldn't be held responsible because i didn't have an abortion... you're wrong... period..

I don't think I ever said that. Please feel free to refresh my meory if I did. In response to this:

I put as much emphasis on what a man should do as you put on what a woman should do

I'd think a woman would assume more than 50% of the responsibility (for her own sake) so she doesn't have to go through nine months of carrying a baby and then experiencing the whole childbirth thing and physical changes to her body, just because "He didn't assume 50% of proper precautions."...... I'll admit than many men are idiots when it comes to prevention. But the fact is that men don't consider what YOU will be going through for nine months - that's your job! You need to be in more control of the situation than men.

By the way, many men do "Man-up" when they father an unplanned pregnancy.

I put as much emphasis on what a man should do as you put on what a woman should do

The person who has the most to lose should take control.... it's that simple.

Still I notice how no man has touched the vasectomy suggestion.. it's probably the most effective method out there..

because it's foolish to tell people to undergo surgery in order to have sex; then reverse it to have children. That's dumb on either gender. Abstanance, anal, oral are the most effective ways to prevent pregnancy.

First lesson (in each discipline) is free..... **call me** lol
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 274
Posted: 6/22/2012 5:02:00 PM

I have no problem addressing this as I've done numerous times in the fora. I've had a vasectomy and I would love it if my sons do at the youngest age possible. I'd even pay for having some of their sperm frozen for future use.

Clearly, women cannot be trusted with being responsible with their BC, so I harp on it with my boys. I just had the discussion again with my 15 year old the other day when I handed him a bouquet of condoms.

I've told my sons for years that they are better off in the long run not having kids at all.....

Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 275
Posted: 6/22/2012 6:20:14 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've told my sons for years that they are better off in the long run not having kids at all..
~~~~~~~~~~
Well... that's a shame.. but to each their own.. I hope they heed your protection advice! My son is 13 and we've already had these talks.. he balks at me because he's not really into girls yet.. but it's coming and he needs to know.

I also said women should take responsibility for the child they participated in creating as well since men cannot be trusted with being responsible with their birth control.

I only brought up the vasectomy idea to combat the abortion idea.. simply because abortion is surgery and if you expect a women to have it then you should be willing to do the same....right???

And you know what? You're right.. i never should have interjected my opinion when saying a tubal is reversible... I don't consider something that requires major surgery as a valid option when it comes to this topic.. barring a few extremes of course.. but other can think how they want

What pissing match?? I have no idea what you are talking about....

As i've said.. it takes 2 to create a child and 2 should be there to raise it. Yes a lot of me do man up.. but this thread talks about those who don't.. does it not? 1 in 10 men have a child they don't take care of.... that's way to many fatherless children running around.. and it's why the government keeps trying to step in. (oh and that statistic is from my best friend professor)

EDit for below..

ok. cuban guy.. we can add choice to the list.. since every option i put up there is a choice I didn't think it needed to be spelled out..

Oh and sure some people choose to be a single parent.. but their not the ones dealing with a deadbeat parent are? They chose to do it on their own and are doing so.

Divorce does not automatically mean you chose to raise the kids alone.. it just means you chose to get divorced.. if 2 people really had the best interest of their kids at heart, they'd make it so both parents are part of the kids life.. if they don't.. well then we've got the whole deadbeat/running/alienation thing going on don't we? Which as it's been said many times on here.. is a small percentage..
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?