Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InNCsearching
Msg: 51
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?Page 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
now....think about this...i hear all these women asking why men don't like to date single moms when a guy wants to run at the first sign of pregnancy with his own child. does it tell you something ladies? it should. we get nervous over raising our own children. there answers every post on here about why men don't date single mothers. all of it.
 GQSunset
Msg: 52
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:20:41 PM
I always told my ex's in long term relationships that if they got pregnant through accident, ie: broken condom, or birth control not working ( it does happen ) that i would take custody of the child and raise the baby myself.

I never thought it was fair to dump that responsibility on women that were younger than me and would ultimately be dating again and God knows what kind of men would be around them influencing them the wrong way.

So i knew for myself even if it ruined any dating in the future i would take care of my child alone. No fights, no courts, no baby mama or daddy drama, just give me my baby and out i go, simple, she gets her life back and i would have gotten a new lease on life.

You are never truly ready to be a parent, but to have the sincere desire to be a parent at least gets you half way to being a decent role model for your kids. That has to count for something.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:00:40 PM

So i knew for myself even if it ruined any dating in the future i would take care of my child alone. No fights, no courts, no baby mama or daddy drama, just give me my baby and out i go, simple, she gets her life back and i would have gotten a new lease on life.

So what would u have done if she had decided she wanted to keep the baby even if it was unplanned?
 carterscutie85
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:06:41 PM
What kind of consequences would be serious enough to make men STOP having so much indiscriminate sex with women to whom they are not committed, which thus far has been leading to so many unwanted/unplanned pregnancies

How about cutting their penis off?

ohwhynot46
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 7:19:46 PM
As usual, attempts to pit the genders against each other abound. For those who believe that men are scum, well, best to ensure that you don't get pregnant, then. For men who believe that most women take pregnancy and its' ensuing responsibility lightly, or a means to "catch" a man, best to take responsibility for prevention yourself. The way I see it, whomever is least desirous of having the responsibility, financial or otherwise, for a child has the greatest responsibility to THEMSELF to prevent it from happening.

Fortunately:

i would never and have never run from my responsibilities, granted sometimes relationships break up.but i for one had stuck with my previous partner for 16 yrs.the last 11 being shear hell for me but i made sure the kids wasnt aware of my misery and provided and stuck by my children to the point where i am now a single parent and have full custody of them.No way on this earth would i desert my children, they are my number 1 priority and nothing comes before them...

I firmly believe that most of us over the age of, say, 25, live this way, no matter what we post on this site. For whatever reason, and due to the fault of whomever, children are made by two people, and two people are responsible for them. The circumstances are sometimes unfair to one or the other, but the responsibility remains.
 want to travel
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2010 8:28:46 PM
her body ,her choice, most men that run, where did not consent, they where forced
women have control over there pregnancies
 want to travel
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2010 4:37:15 AM
men do not run boys do
 Thinkmoto
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/18/2010 6:13:47 PM
x2 I was stoked to here my ex was pregnant with our daughter.
 hyoid
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/19/2010 12:30:23 PM
I know I did-both times. It's been pretty much non-stop ever since.

First I hauled ass to the pharmacy for those pee tests. OB trips, Lamaze (what a waste),midnight groceries, the hospital, midnight diapers, day care, midnight ER, etc

Funny thing is, I'm not even winded.
 mrcs84
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2010 1:26:06 PM

her body ,her choice, most men that run, where did not consent, they where forced
women have control over there pregnancies

Yup. Her body, her choice, her problem.
 cardesi
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2011 6:59:50 PM
WOW! i cant beleave some people on here! when i found out the mother of my children was pregnant i was the happiest person on earth! who runs! where do you meet such a person and then have a relationship where you end up pregnant! i would like to see what one of these low life,s look like!
 vonraasch
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:36:17 PM
This happens ! and happened to me at 30 My other half and I planed a pregnancy he had twins from a previous relationship and we co-parented them 4 days a week, good father. Well after living togeather we decided to have a child. I was 12 weeks along with his 2nd set of twins when he ran for the hills and yet I can't blame him although we planed this he had 2 girls already and the thought of 2 more girls scared him silly as well it should have to have 4 kids at 33 but his ex-died and now he has the first twins full time to raise,he has to pay for my girls although he has only seen them 2 times in there life and now he has another girl pregnant. Does that sound like a happy man? I am happy I have 2 beautiful children and I can raise them how i see fit the only shortfall is explaining to my children why even though i was in a loving relationship with their father he chose to reject them. as one put it so clearly women of any age please understand that no matter what the situation only have a child or in my case 2 if you are able to raise them alone men can come and go but when you think about it a woman is there when you are born and when your married when you have your own kids and when you die its your mother by your side enough said.
 JayPaul87
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 12:07:13 PM
Its not just relationships though, a lot of the time its the girls fault for sleeping with a guy they probably didnt even know WITHOUT using protection (well done for that)... So when they tell the guy 'im pregnant' of course he's going to do a runner he just wanted a quick bang/ so did she. He doesnt want kids and nor does she but shes stuck with it now.
Girls would probably equally do the running if they had a 1 nighter with a guy but he was burdedned with a child for 9 months inside then a lifetime after birth...
If it is in a relationship and he did a runner more likely the story is they were never planning on a child it was an accident (once again should have been using protection!)
Id say at least 50% of children these days are complete accident but its just the way things go
 NewToTN9
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:10:59 AM

So why is it men run when a women surprises you with hey I'm pregnant,

The most logical explanation is that they do not want to have a child with you!
 boarderdad50
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:11:29 AM
Being a guy that had that conversation and didn't run but already had a ring planning to surprise my girlfriend with proposing at some point in the near future I said I need a moment and went and got the ring right then.

However the stats are the stats and that is the sad truth. The base issue is we as a society (myself included) have gone from love AND commitment first, then sex to sex first and see what happens next. Often what happens is pregnancy and an uncommitted relationship that the guy feels is okay to run away from...

On the guy's side you should always ask yourself, would you be willing to spend the rest of your life with this woman? If you do not know yet you should not be having sex yet... going forward in life I think this can be an issue for most woman out there. Why would a guy who has kids not want to have sex with me as soon as I am ready?

I digress though, point is the guy isnt being honest with having sex and not being willing to take responsibility for his actions but the woman are also not being honest by having sex with a guy that has not made any real commitment to her yet.
Posted: 7/20/2011 10:02:18 AM
I'm going to assume that the reason guys run is because they are little boys and not men. From the moment I found out my ex was pregnant I was all about the baby. If anything I was pushing to go the brithing/parenting classes. I made it to all but one doctors appointment and made it to every ultra-sound appointment. I was the first one to hold my daughter.

It's funny to be reading this though because as a single parent myself, so many women run at the thought of me having a child. I had one woman that I messaged, not only ignore my message but go as far as to put on her profile I do want kids someday just not right now and I definatley don't want to deal with your kid(s). I'm not asking anyone to deal with my kid but just be accepting of the fact that I have one and have custody.

I am a hard working man with a good job a new car and my own place. What does it matter if I have a daughter that I take care of as well?

Back to the original question though, I can't rap my head around any parent bailing on their kid.
 Just2Tease
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:46:03 AM
Excuse me, that man helped you create that child and he needs to give you money so you can properly take care of HIS child. Stop being a wimp, go after his lame ass for child support. Stop acting like a victim.

Next, this guy is a lame dead beat and you didn't do a single thing to cause that. He showed up that way period. Write him off permanently and don't let him in your lives ever again. If he chooses to contact his child when she is and adult, that will be your daughter's choice. As it stands, he doesn't deserve the beautiful miracle you were blessed with.

He is doing nothing to support you emotionally or financially. He does not deserve anything except the boot. Be strong like our mother's generation. Kick bad behavior right to the curb! End of story!

Good Luck!
 Just2Tease
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:48:39 AM
Are you really that retarded? Seriously, women have control over their pregnancies? Try doing some research before you type.

When a man is involved in creating a baby, he needs to stick it out. No excuses!! He needs to provide emotional and financial support to the woman he impregnated.

Stop making excuses for man-boys!
 Just2Tease
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:49:38 AM
No, your baby, your responsibility! Didn't your mother teach you anything.

Man-boys always have excuses. Do you even wipe your own rear end?
 Just2Tease
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:53:14 AM
Don't make excuses for this man. "You can't blame him for running?"

YES YOU CAN!! Blame away. Some men have 12 children and they stick around to parent them. Only a man-boy will make an excuse not to be responsible.

You got lucky, the loser left. He didn't reject his children. He knew he wasn't good enough for you or them. Good men are a dime a dozen. Find a good man to help you raise your babies.
 Just2Tease
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:56:05 AM
What kind of mentality were you raised with?? Are you some sort of man-boy?

These are children for God's sake.

A man needs to be responsible for his children regardless of a lack of relationship. Discussing using or not using protection and the endless excuses, doesn't make the responsibility go away.

Man up!!!
 Tealwood
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:22:57 AM

It's funny to be reading this though because as a single parent myself, so many women run at the thought of me having a child. I had one woman that I messaged, not only ignore my message but go as far as to put on her profile I do want kids someday just not right now and I definitely don't want to deal with your kid(s). I'm not asking anyone to deal with my kid but just be accepting of the fact that I have one and have custody.

Wow.....glad to see there are self inflated ego's on both sides....Superdad1....so why does one feel the need to call themselves superdad...for doing what they say is their responsibility...for doing what is required?

I have no issue with a woman running...their choice...they want someone who is in the same place...or who they share the same place in life!

What does it matter that you have a daughter! Grow up buddy...you have financial concerns....emotional concerns....emotional and financial responsibilities...and why should someone be required to support you in your choices that you have already made?

Choices...they have the choice to accept your already made decisions....or they can pass on you and your already defined responsibilities...something that is is honest and responsible...as they are telling you up front...bud...you just are not what they want to get involved with!
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/6/2012 12:33:56 AM
my question is this. why do women say they can not have kids? yet end up being preggo by a one night stand, and expect this man to marry them and support a child that they had no choice in?? instead of going after the doctor that told them they could never get pregnant, they go after the guy they had sex with instead of the doctor that told them that they were infertile????
 General-Public
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/6/2012 9:51:00 AM

my question is this. why do women say they can not have kids? yet end up being preggo by a one night stand, and expect this man to marry them and support a child that they had no choice in?? instead of going after the doctor that told them they could never get pregnant, they go after the guy they had sex with instead of the doctor that told them that they were infertile????
If a man is not prepared for the consequences he simply should not take that chance, Strictly relying on the woman shows a lack of personal responsibility, and makes him entirely too dependent on his partner , my personal feeling is he was thinking with his wrong head.

Most men's arguments would be that their strong sex drive disables them from thinking clearly when they are engaged in intercourse.

I think some women lie because they want a baby this is their chance and they want to have a family and this is their chance but they are not thinking rationally , by the way ever tried going after a physician? You need proof up the ying yang and that wont be easy to obtain.

Gentlemen When in doubt wrap it about .
 ontario_woman
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 10:26:14 AM

Gentlemen When in doubt wrap it up .

AMEN!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?