Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dad2stay
Msg: 76
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?Page 4 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
yea we run straight to the store for your lotions and snacks :o)
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 77
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?
Posted: 2/6/2012 3:49:43 PM

Gentlemen When in doubt wrap it up .

ontario_woman
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 11:38:54 AM
All birth control methods, except abstinence, have failure rates.

I know of quite a "few surprises" that are due to failed birth control methods.

Everyone has to take responsibility for birth control. Ideally, a condom should be used with at least one other form of birth control.

Guys: You take your chances when you don't wrap it up!
 mrcs84
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:45:06 PM

You take your chances when you don't wrap it up!

Considering how ineffective condoms are in comparison to the myriad of options women have, we are still taking quite a chance if we do. However, considering there are so many "oops" incidents with birth control, having faith in your partner's integrity/competence is probably an even bigger risk.

Unfortunately, modern medicine is dragging it's feet in regard to finding more effective contraception that is male-specific. Personally, I see condoms more for STD prevention than birth control.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:03:15 PM
Agreed, mrcs.. and

the person who doesn't want a baby is responsible for contraception"

Argue all you'd like, but this is the ultimate truth. Anything can happen, and to anyone, but it is up to you, and only you, to take responsibility for the result of your actions, intentions/beliefs aside.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/7/2012 4:03:26 PM
How about:

Men, when in doubt, wrap it up!
Women, when in doubt, and man says he doesnt have one, and the "wahhhhh, I cant feeelll you" excuse, GRAB ONE FROM YOUR DRESSER AND WRAP HIM UP ANYWAYS.

If no condom, no nookie.

General-Public
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/7/2012 5:50:44 PM
Im truly amazed that some men have to told to wrap it up if you're having doubts, and if you are worried about if she will get pregnant or STD, double wrap the sausage, if that isnt good enough then stick with the Palm sisters
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/7/2012 7:33:04 PM
Well said general-public.

Protecting yourself also means protecting from std's. It shouldnt be soley the responsibility of just one sex and no one should say the other sex is more responsible for contraception than the other.

Im also quite shocked at the casualness and eagerness to put all this on the woman. C'mon. Do you not think of your own body at the time things can get a little hot and steamy?
 mrcs84
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:10:52 PM

double wrap the sausage

Like 5 minutes of research will show that double wrapping will increase the chances of breaking the condoms. I'm actually pretty sure that it says so on the condom boxes of some brands.
 General-Public
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:19:47 PM

Like 5 minutes of research will show that double wrapping will increase the chances of breaking the condoms. I'm actually pretty sure that it says so on the condom boxes of some brands.
Many guys has double wrapped the sausage , perhaps spending a little extra cash for a better quality of condoms is a good idea? yes.

Second, most couples before engaging in intimacy will go and get a clean bill of health from their physician, and if they are worried about pregnancy they do take extra precaution, but then again nothing is 100% full proof, that is life.

Or I say date a better quality of woman, if one has to worry about double , triple wrapping the sausage then its time to move on up as the Jefferson used to say.

5150Rivergirl
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/7/2012 8:26:56 PM

Who cares if it actually increases or not. Dont you think you owe it to yourself and your body to protect yourself from diseases and possible pregnancy? Wheres your responsibility in this as well? I do not think it is fair to say that the woman holds the burden of this contraception.
Dont dive in (no pun intended) blindly if you arent sure. Plain and simple.
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/7/2012 11:59:20 PM
Im not talking bout one night stands here. I am talking bout someone you have known for months and figured you could trust. I have yet to see any postings bout women, or men that state they are allergic to latex. Yes there is the lambskin option...I get that.

Point I am trying to make is that men run because women can do A LOT of crappy stuff to a guy and get away with it. Yet women are the only person with any say in the matter. So a woman scoops up a "sample" from her chest or belly and as she goes to clean herself up, she rubs it up her. What about a woman that jerks a guy off or mounts him while he is asleep or passed out from drinking or medication that he is currently on? This stuff happens... Simple point is if you discuss it with a partner prior to it happening... A man should be able to hold the woman accountable for going back on her word.

If you had an agreement prior, that IF she were to get pregnant, you both agreed abortion or adoption was the best outcome, the man should not be held accountable for her changing her mind and seeking child support down the road.

This is why men run. More often than not women use and abuse the system in hopes of getting free money, or getting back with an ex.
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:45:16 AM
Doesnt matter to me one way or the other but I was brought up in living up to my word where women today have no clue what that means. Whether it be a verbal or written contract, its still a contract, and more often than not, women believe they don't have to live up to their side of the contract aggreed upon prior.

She says "i cant get pregnant"
She says"if I get pregnant I will have an abortion or put the kid up for adoption"To me that is written at stone at that point. There is no way out of it. If I made an agreement with someone to buy their house or car or provide them services to fix their house, I would be held liable for that in court whether it be verbal or written. Its called a contract.

On the flip side however, She gets pregnant and says, "I wont have an abortion or put the kid up for adoption, I dont care what you think or say, or what we agreed on" We had a contract, we both agreed to this prior to it happening. But its my body and I GET TO CHOOSE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT SCREWS UP ALL OF OUR LIVES!"

Right there she is in breach of contract. I for one would not expect ANYONE to support my kids other than myself if I decided to go through with a pregnancy.
Same as I would not hold anyone else accountable for a contract I broke with them.

Sorry ladies, but as a single dad, I know plenty of people like myself that make ends meet without a baby mamma or daddy... Lots of adoptive parents out there that make ends meet without significant others just like myself. Instead of complaining about not being able to provide for your kids because you are single parent, Maybe you should seriously look into why you need someone else to provide for your kids. I can and I dont complain about it. But all this baby daddy crap makes me sick... If the kid is that hard to provide for, either you are totally lazy or totally trying to live beyond your means... Unless you had a written agreement (like marriage) on the table when you got pregnant, I really wish you people would shut the hell up and either deal with it or put the kids up for adoption.
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/8/2012 2:48:28 AM
seriously?? puh lease... any punk ass kid that goes after a parent that doesnt want em has no right to survive in society period.

freaking world of entitlement in my opinion but you bleeding heart people want to hang all your problems on not having a positive role model in your life.

With the internet today, there is no reason for any kid to say "I didn't know how to survive on my own".

All a kid has to do today is look up something on the internet. If they are too retarded to figure out how to look up how to fix it on the internet or libraries they are just plan freaking lazy.

I would assume from these posting there is not a single person her posting that has ever lived on the streets or been homesless like myself.

Yes I totally think that if a woman rapes a man while he is passed out on medication or alcohol, the woman should not expect the man to she raped to be part of the childs life. Otherwise she should be willing to give the kid up for adoption or abortion beings it was not a planned agreement But there is not a court on this planet that will try a woman for rape or taking advantage of a man while under the influence. Yet I hear it all the time that women were taken advantage of while they were under the influence.
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/8/2012 2:53:45 AM
as far as a kid growing up and dealing with the whole "im 18 and wonder why my parents didnt want me" crap...

Kids learn that from their parents. I know plenty of people that grew up in broken homes that never had an isuse except for the fact that their mother told them on a daily basis "your dad doesnt want you, your dad never loved you"

The kids that had a single mom or dad that told them they loved them on a daily basis could really care less about what the parent that was never there was doing with their life or why that parent wasnt there!!!

Believe what you want, but I myself am sick of this entitlement crap. Life is what you make of it. And NO KID ON THE PLANET gives a crap about a parent that wasnt in their life unless the parent that is makes an issue of it!!!!! KIDS ONLY LEARN FROM WHAT THEIR PARENTS TEACH THEM AND WHEN YOU ARE CRYING AND COMPLAINING BOUT HOW YOUR BABY DADDY OR MOMMY IS NOT IN THEIR LIFE..KIDS LEARN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT TOO!!!!!
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:15:29 AM
YOU can believe what you want CALYPSO, and I can believe what I want.

In my opinion and my experience and research. Women in the good ole USA have total control over a man whether he is the true father or not. Maybe I have a different take on this beings I have been accused of being someones father 3 times in the past with someone I was in a relationship with and when the dna results came back.. I WAS NOT THE FATHER!

Men run because more often than not we understand that the women we are with are not loyal to us. They have one night stands, they have friends with benefits. They have booty calls. Women keep their options open until they find a man that can provide them more than the other 5 or 6 guys they are dating.

More often than not, even though it is not our child, a woman will sign our name on a birth certificate simply for the fact that we are the particular man that has the most money or the most to offer a child.

Sorry, but as a woman you have nothing to loose. As a man, if a woman puts me down on a birth certificate as a father, the court will instantly go after me. They do not do a dna test, they do no research. They simply take the womans word for granted. Now if a man wants to fight it, he has to pay $400 for a dna test to prove he is not the father. Why doesnt a woman have to share that financial responsiblity???

Most guys don't even fight it because they can not afford the $400 dna test and $3k in attorneys fees.

So let me explain it to you like this Calypso... You owe me 15 years in back child support because I said so. I have no proof of it other than the fact we had sex 15 years ago.

Doesnt matter the fact you say your a woman and I say I am a man. I had a child and put your name on a bc even though I was having sex with 5 other people at the same time.

Put yourself in a guys shoes for a change. How would you feel If someone told you that you were responsible for a kid you didnt plan on??? How would you feel if you were taken advantage of?? How would you feel giving your life up and your money up to someone simply because they put your name on a birth certificate???
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:21:39 AM
That is what most women dont get... The fact that any woman on the planet can say she had sex with any man and put him on the birth certificate no questons asked... unless the man ponies up the money for a dna test and attorney, the courts go after him. You calypso or any other woman can have a one night stand, get knocked up and sign brad pitt or hugh jackman as the father when the baby is born. The court will instantly go after these men no questions asked until they pay for the dna and attorney.

Us guys are not retarded. We know that the women we are with for one night are sleeping with other men. unfortunately, we dont always have the $3400 to prove that we where not the only ones banging this woman...
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:37:37 AM
Well as a guy, and reading your replies. You can't answer a single question or theory that I throw out there.

Women will screw a guy over because they can. Until the laws change any woman in the US can put ANY MAN down on birth certificate as a father without any proof.

This is why men run. Op asked the question. I answered it. Honestly, the fact that you are a woman I really dont think you have any right to even post here. This is a question pointed at men. But I find it amusing that women want to chime in when they have no idea whatsoever what It is like to be a man under these circumstances.
 easygoingguy1974
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:44:15 AM
and one last thing calypso... funny how you twisted everything i said to that the guy was screwing around.

the woman was screwing 5 other guys, you replied
Stop screwing around
its the women you are dating...

Like I stated earlier, women are flat out narcissists.. Its always someones fault than theirs and you proved it with your responses.

Let me rephrase.. no man should have to pony up the bill for a kid that was not agreed upon... If the woman decides to not have an abortion or put the kid up for adoption, she is making that decission for HERSELF...Which in my opinion is just selfish and self centered.

I as a man that got someone pregnant out of wedlock, would want to put that child up for adoption simply for the fact that the child would have a much better life without me.

I think as a parent that is the best thing I could do. But you women that think you should raise a kid in a life of baby daddy drama blow me away.... YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO KEEP THE KID... YOU ARE THE SELFISH F*CK THAT DIDNT THINK ABOUT WHAT WAS BEST FOR THE KID!!! YOU ONLY THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT WAS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR POCKET BOOK!!!!
 General-Public
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/8/2012 8:36:53 AM
Interesting read these last few pages, I have to say Easygoingguy you sound really bitter and angry and Im going to say wrong on a couple of fronts, look.... this is the situation, it takes two to create a child, you know Mr Sperm meets Ms.Egg blah blah blah .

But before that happens The man picks the woman or vice versa, they engage in sexual intercourse , the key here BOTH parties enter into the act, Men need to take responsibility too as well as the woman, if she tells you she cant get pregnant and you dont know her well enough wrap it up, and spare me the " oh the condom might break" well its the chance you take when engaging in the horizontal mattress boogie.

Its like driving a car to work or where ever you take a chance every time you step behind the wheel if you are not prepared for the risk, dont drive, if you are not prepared for the possibility of her getting pregnant dont have sex, you know abstain.

Are their women out there conniving and having children, that goes without saying, just like there are men out there who likes to spread their seeds around and abandon their children and responsibilities .

It boils down to personal responsibility , this is one reason why I dont do one night stands, because 1) I dont know the woman, 2) who knows how many partners she has currently 3) dont know if she is clean or not and last there could be a chance she could get pregnant

So the choice is either avoid her or Wrap up the sausage and pray it doesn't fall off or break, so I choose the first one, avoid her but that is me, too many guys think with their penises and trust their penis to make a informed decision, that is dumb and you wonder why the world if messed up.

Some of the men needs to take personal responsibility, if you are picking women that will do things like that well who is to blame?
 mrcs84
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 11:56:07 AM
Who cares if it actually increases or not. Dont you think you owe it to yourself and your body to protect yourself from diseases and possible pregnancy? Wheres your responsibility in this as well? I do not think it is fair to say that the woman holds the burden of this contraception.
Dont dive in (no pun intended) blindly if you arent sure. Plain and simple.

You can't possibly be that dense. All I am saying is that using condoms improperly (i.e. double wrapping them) is a bad idea. Would you reccomend someone only take their BCP once a week instead of daily? I have no idea how you translated "don't use protection improperly" into "don't use protection at all."
 Samson777
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:05:24 PM
Renegade,

It takes 2 to tango sweetie, if the woman does not want to get knocked up, then she needs to take the responsibility of protecting herself. Make the guy cover his jimmy, take a morning after pill, or how about this shocker...don't sleep with every guy you meet.

I'm so tired of hearing how all these single moms are the fault of some deadbeat dad, true - some guys out there just want a hook up and won't stick around if you get pregnant, but if you're intelligent and care about yourself you won't be letting these types of guys poke around in her glory box.

90% of single moms living in poverty are uneducated, low self-esteem, made life-long bad choices, are attracted to the wrong men, and while this is sad, I cannot feel sorry for them and that is why your post is just plain wrong.
 General-Public
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:06:58 PM

You can't possibly be that dense. All I am saying is that using condoms improperly (i.e. double wrapping them) is a bad idea. Would you reccomend someone only take their BCP once a week instead of daily? I have no idea how you translated "don't use protection improperly" into "don't use protection at all."
First thing taking BCP isn't the same as using a condom so your comparison is silly, second "double wrapping "was being sarcastic, for those paranoid folks out there that worried about catching STD from one night stands, I should of been more clear in my original post, if you're thinking of double bagging your sausage, she isn't worth the risk.. is that better?

If I'm in a relationship and this is a concern we are both going to the doctors and discussing things, getting tested , this is what matures adults do, and this is why I dont do one night stands or pick up mentally unstable woman just because she looks good.
 mrcs84
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:32:11 PM
First thing taking BCP isn't the same as using a condom so your comparison is silly

First thing, you're wrong. Missuse of contraception equates to higher chance of pregnancy. So my comparison is fitting. If you still disagree, please elaborate on how it's not the same thing.

second "double wrapping "was being sarcastic, for those paranoid folks out there that worried about catching STD from one night stands, I should of been more clear in my original post,

Second, seeing how your original post made no reference to STDs, and the response of mine that you quoted made no reference to STDs, I have no idea why you even brought it up like it was being talked about.
 General-Public
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:53:24 PM

First thing, you're wrong. Missuse of contraception equates to higher chance of pregnancy. So my comparison is fitting. If you still disagree, please elaborate on how it's not the same thing.
go back to your post 258 about taking it once a week vs daily, my original point was if you're in doubt wrap it up, the double bagging was being sarcastic and you missed it but that's okay. Any woman who takes their BCP once a week knowing she should take it once a day is a moron or mentally unstable, I get that sometimes a woman forgets to take it which is why I made the point of if you have doubts , well you know the rest.

My other point was about personal responsibility, and I gave my self as a example I dont go around having sex with just anyone, especially unprotected, I wrap the sausage up and when I'm in a relationship we are getting tested before the deed is done, but that is me.

And yes you did mention STD's msg 234 .
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?