Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 locomoartist
Msg: 151
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?Page 7 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
My cousin in his 40s was seeing a younger woman. She confronted him about being pregnant. His reply was I have had a vasectomy. Which he did! She was obviously looking for something from my cousin. Unfortunately some women do use this to trap a mate. On the other hand a very good friend a guy did pretty much the same thing. He wanted his girlfriend to be pregnant. He really did not like living alone. I was 32 when our first child was born. If I was 22 it would have scared the hell out of me. Most men are not mature enough for that type of responsibility. At 32 I was ready for that responsibility. As taught in sex education the girls mature faster. I had a girlfriend who wanted to get pregnant, we were to young for it in my opinion. I was 20 there was no way I was mature enough for this. She ended up pregnant with the next guy. Those teen years and into the early 20s the guys want' t the sex but not the baby. I believe we are wired that way to spread our seed.
 Siks6
Msg: 152
Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?
Posted: 4/14/2012 1:45:27 PM

.men are boys...they never truly grow up

Very stereotypical. Goes both ways. SOME men are and SOME women are, I don't understand why people just put men and not 'some'. And think they are all in the same category and act exactly alike...
 mrcs84
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 6:41:11 PM
Very stereotypical. Goes both ways. SOME men are and SOME women are, I don't understand why people just put men and not 'some'. And think they are all in the same category and act exactly alike...

The "some" should go without saying. Give me 1 thing when it comes to human behavior that effects "all."

At any rate, the reasoning still stands that these men run because they felt it was their best option. The general consensus is that these guys are losers, deadbeats, etc. Interestingly enough, considering how much power women have when it comes to childbirth, you'd think they would exercise said power over who is going to knock them up. C'est la vie.
 mrcs84
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:22:21 AM

Perhaps men should be careful where to deposit their sperm the same way they are mindfull of where to invest and deposit their money?

I think it's safe to say that the mass majority of the men who are running aren't exactly the best investors.

It is pretty clear why men run..has been for the past 200+ years.

And women haven't caught on why?

Women are patient...

Society as a whole pretty much has little to no patience at all anymore. In this particular case, you would see more women having the -patience- to wait until they got with a dude that is not a complete loser. You would see women who did a decent amount of screening before sleeping with a guy and seeing where he stands as far as having kids, maybe even said "um no, put on a condom or no sex."

the tides are turning and things will change after there are more and more kids being raised by single mother's who were abanndonned by men who are runner's! Time will tell how things shake out...but I gotta say...not looking good for society at this point!!

Fixed

I see the tides changing myself. Back when I was in high school, I only recall one teen pregnancy amongst classmates. Now it's damn near it's own fad. It used to be a bad thing to be a single parent, and more and more, it's supposed to be liberating in some fashion. Will some of these kids raising kids have the wherewithal to raise upstanding citizens? Yes. I doubt that they will be in the majority, however.
 mrcs84
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:25:24 AM

^^^stop watching Maury Povich and get out in the world and live a little mcrs.

I've got too much of a life to watch daytime television. Interestingly enough, that stuff is watched mostly by women. Check your census on -those- stats.

I assure you, the longer that men like you keep condoning this behaviour putting the onus on women, the more babies there are that will be raised in single mother homes

Men like me aren't the problem. I'm not going around knocking women up. I disagree with the current status quo, but regardless, I'm not going to knock up someone and run just for the sake of furthering an agenda. Women know that there are men that are men all over the place that will "hit and run," and yet, the screening process in recent history hasn't been exactly top notch. How much blame are you going to place on these losers when the women they slept with thought that they were -still- fitting enough to be parents? There are plenty of bad people in this world. Why not take some "responsibility" (a term that you deadbeat-haters love to throw around) and make a bigger effort not to associate (and especially not procreate) with them?
 gourmetliving
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:59:34 PM

How much blame are you going to place on these losers when the women they slept with thought that they were -still- fitting enough to be parents

The blame goes to them just as much, wrap your Whopper, and Wendy won't get preggo. (it should be wrapped anyways, who knows what kind of diseases await you)

Women, you need to stop going for these douchebags. The reason many of these guys are the way they are, is because that's what society has told them will get them female attention. Being a nice guy leaves you with a wet shoulder and a dry penis. These guys get tired of seeing the women going for the **sholes out there, become jaded, and become the next The Situation. Why? To get laid. If women were to stop paying attention to the douches, men would get the message. Change to fit expectations, or be celibate. (Expectations are low right now, which is the reason guys are the way guys are)
 gourmetliving
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:34:44 PM

Seriously? Okay....how bout you spear head a movement of tattooing the men who are "most likely" to run across their foreheads?..that should help....

They don't need a tattoo. Just look for any Ed Hardy gear!

BTW..I do believe that nature dictates women do take responsibility 99.9% of the time...somehow the only time the dead-beat Dad issues come up is when their is a finacial obligation attached?....

99.9% is a hell of a stat.... 34% of people know stats are made up and full of sh8.

The second part of this quote makes no sense. If you meant that the only time dead beat dads fight is when they are being asked to support their spawn, then you are partially right. They other time the issue comes up, is before they are deemed deadbeats, you know, when they are trying to fight for their kids only to be told they can barely have visitation but have to pay a large portion of their income.
Just because a man doesn't want to be with the woman (for whatever reason), it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in the kid's life, he just doesn't want to be with the mother. Many women see this as running from the kid, and the court often treat it as such. These men are reduced to ATM's. The default rate on child support is much lower among men than it is among women.
 mrcs84
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:11:28 PM

.....hmmmm I think you better go back to the corner for a time out mcrs84..BUT...I am glad to hear your not having sex still....thank the lord for small miracles !!

Oh, I'm having plenty of sex. I just don't go around sleeping with idiot women that decide to squirt out little crumb crunchers and then decide to leech of the system because they are to inept to make a decent living for themselves.

It's simply amazing how more men don't get custody during these custody battles considering that one of the big issues with raising a child is being financially capable to do so.

Any person who is trying to raise a child that is not emotionally/financially/mentally capable of doing so is a child abuser, IMO.
 smilingrock
Msg: 159
Posted: 4/26/2012 4:23:07 AM

Oh, I'm having plenty of sex. I just don't go around sleeping with idiot women that decide to squirt out little crumb crunchers and then decide to leech of the system because they are to inept to make a decent living for themselves.

LMAO that is precious! To some it seems getting preggers is a status symbol. The sad part is it continues to this very moment and homeowners pay more taxes as a result.
 Caustics
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:33:50 PM
Personally I think most men run because in most cases they are there to have fun and she is not really someone he loves or really wants to be with for the rest of his life. Basically if you get pregnant you just took fun and killed it for the rest of his life. Women also tend to get very confrontational and defensive once they get pregnant. They blame and throw to many demands on the guy way to fast and its just too scary and overwhelming. Women tend to shut down too, they take away the sex, bonding and intimacy that was holding him to you. These are just my opinions however from what I have seen go down over and over.

Personally I always use a condom! it never comes off till some sort of birth control is used. In that event I drill into her brain that she must be responsible and make sure that she takes the pills as she should, its out of my hands at that point and trust is all so important. I also make it ok for her to tell me if she missed a pill or whatever comes up. I make sure she tells me what other medications she's on too as things like antibiotics will render the pill form of birth control useless and she will get pregnant. Make sure to ask her gynecologist all medication interactions with her birth control along with risks to her. Some foods even effect oral contraceptives for example some dairy companies use milk from cattle treated with recombinant bovine growth hormone (RBGH), a controversial compound used to increase a cow's milk output. RBGH-treated milk can interact with birth control pills.

RBGH and other forms of it is also responsible for why young girls get their periods earlier, Its in the milk and beef they eat. It effects female hormones that much.

Most women I've been with never even knew this stuff and if I didn't have the brains and responsibility to ask I would be a dad.

Basically women listen to your bodies and your brain and men never assume anything, always always use protection and talk with your partner about it. Be a part of the process of getting her on the many different forms of birth control and ask the hard questions. Let pregnancy be a decision you both make and want.
 ben1731
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:50:24 PM
it would put a alot of people off if she was pregnacy then theres the dramas from the ex and on the scene then there would be trouble i cant understand why people run
 40Golfer
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:36:11 AM
Yes this has been done to DEATH already. Not all men run so be more SELECTIVE and you might not be in this mess. Did some tell their men yes I am on the pill when they really were not? Was a DNA test made available for the men to make sure the man you accused was really the father? Many cases are turning up where men are paying for kids that are not really theirs, and once a man pays and it comes out later the kid is not his, he STILL has to PAY! How is that FAIR?
 smilingrock
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:24:58 AM
I love to watch Maury Povich give out the DNA 'baby daddy" test results. In a way its frightening how a conniving womans mind works. Its like a game of pin the tail on the donkey.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/2/2012 5:10:29 AM
^^^

It is also frightening that there are idiots who dip into those conniving womens cooches , & do it raw-dog.
 smilingrock
Msg: 165
Posted: 5/2/2012 6:01:02 AM
^^^^ a hard on has no conscience and is safe when wrapped you missed the point =)
 gourmetliving
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:02:31 PM
I know men who want to be fathers.

But they don't want to be with the mother for whatever reason it may be.

That's not child abandonment. For what ever reason, women tend to equate not wanting to be with the mother with not wanting to be there with the child. They feel slighted, and then make life hell for the father.
 Sabetha
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:47:33 PM
because they are convinced you were cheating as much as them and think paternity is questionable?

who knows... the babies make it worth it though, as scary as it is.

Mye x is happily taking care of his stripper girlfriend's kids while she's at work. i'm not bitter, just tired.
 lad3da
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:48:48 PM
LOLLLLL at the e-battles
*rolls eyes*
 James028348
Msg: 169
Posted: 5/7/2012 5:22:57 PM
I couldn't agree more, I wasn't wanting a child I did use protection but its not always going to work. I also agree with a man has no say in the matter of keeping the child or not now I'm forced into paying for my daughter for the next 18-24 years depending on weither or not she stays at home and attends secondary education.

I haven't ran away I stepped up to the plate and am dealing with my situation head on. As for men running and leaving that I'll chalk up to being raised without rules boundries or respect. I'm pro choice as much as I know I'll be chewed out for saying this but abortions (I can't spell worth s***) should be applicable to both parties. If the mother refuses and and father wasn't wanting child and had no intention in having said child I feel that they shouldn't be obligated into saying child support seeing as the mother was the one who refused alternative options, including adoption. Not saying I wish my daughter wasn't born because I love her to bits, I'm even considering applying for custody because weekends with her aren't enough anymore and her mother is a bit retarded ( not knowing what a clean bottle is) and has a 5 year old son.

But a man running is because they either don't have a choice in the birth and can't handle/ to immature for the responsibility, or a bad upbringing from their personal upbringing such as their father left their mother.
 PointingWestAV
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:49:16 PM

I'm pro choice as much as I know I'll be chewed out for saying this but abortions (I can't spell worth s***) should be applicable to both parties. If the mother refuses and and father wasn't wanting child and had no intention in having said child I feel that they shouldn't be obligated into saying child support seeing as the mother was the one who refused alternative options, including adoption.

Finally! Something that makes sense!

I got screwed (and not in the fun way) by the system. I *STILL* pay child support for a kid that isn't even mine (official DNA results and everything!)

All because I had a good heart and thought that every child needed a father. Well, I'm not going to go into the details of how it all went down, but ONE SIGNATURE is all it took to string me out until he turns 18, and beyond, actually! >:(

You wanna know why guys run? THINK ABOUT IT!

Does the mother ever get legally stuck with some kind of BS that screws with her for the rest of her life? No. She ends up with "the best thing that ever happened to her". Just ask ANY mother.

Why is it that the mother gets to make ALL of the decisions when it comes to the child and the outcome of any situation involving said child, and the fathers get repeatedly $#!+ on it the process, with no say so whatsoever?

THAT is why guys run. If WOMEN took their part of the responsibility and SHARED it with the men, there wouldn't be nearly the problems there are. But all too often, it becomes a pi$$ing contest, and then suddenly the guy is the one that is wrong. I can't tell you how many times I have heard someone say "Well if you wouldn't have gotten her pregnant!" to someone. Gimme a dime for each occurrence, and I'll eliminate my child support! Can promise you that!

I'm out, all that's happening here is I'm getting more and more wound up. NOTHING PISSES me off more than this subject. I don't know WHY I clicked the link!
 KneadfulThing
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:35:32 PM
It is because those guys are scumbags. Big time! But come on, what are the chances a girl gets pregnant to a guy she doesn't have longer standing relationship with? The question "if I get pregnant would you stay" is a loafed one. It just sounds like a prelude to a setup. Wouldn't the better question be "Do you think we will have children someday?" Let that guy know you are having it with or without him if that's the case. Isn't it better to have him run before the fact?
 serenesenses
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:34:48 AM
Pregnancy is a woman's fault.

Why? Because

1) Only the pregnant woman can choose to terminate a pregnancy, not the guy who got her pregnant therefore pregnancy is 100% her fault.
2) A woman's body is her body, not anyone else's therefore she is responsible in protecting it from unwanted pregnancy either by being celibate or by using birth control.
3) A baby born out of wedlock is a moral abomination and the woman should pay for her immorality.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:51:28 PM
BULL$HIT!!!

Woman's body woman choice blah blah blah. How about this.. Before you, THE MAN, have sex with the woman, you GET TO KNOW HER so you know where she stand on issues such as abortion, adoption, birth control, religion and parenting. So then when you get her pregnant (since we can't get ourselves pregnant), You already know what will happen and have already decided to accept it. If women are expected to stand up and not complain and take the responsibility, sacrifice everything then so are men.

Actually it's shown that men who pay child support are twice as likely to play an active role in their child's life versus those who do not. Maybe we should all go back in time and date like they did in the early years. Courting and asking the father (oh wait he's nonexistent.) so perhaps asking the mother for the daughters hand. Getting married before sex and outlawing divorce.

Don't like that? Then take responsibility in the part YOU play in creating life. Either don't do it or take lots of precautions to prevent it. Birth control doesn't fail as often as it is claimed to.
 mrcs84
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:59:45 PM

So then when you get her pregnant (since we can't get ourselves pregnant), You already know what will happen and have already decided to accept it. If women are expected to stand up and not complain and take the responsibility, sacrifice everything then so are men.

You know, you women love to spew such venom about these abusive/deadbeat/loser fathers of your children. It's amazing that you actually came to the conclusion that they make for the fathers of YOUR children. I would -like- to think that you'd have higher standards for yourselves.

"Live up to your responsibilities"...that's a term that gets thrown out a lot, and yet there are still so many of these guys that get to knock you up, disappear, and aren't paying child support. So continue to shake your fist at these guys that don't care. I mean it's not like it's some secret that guys do this, and yet the screening process for fathers (at least looking at these forums) is pretty much nonexistent. How long was the wait? 6 weeks? 6 months? A year? how long did you live together? Did you even say "no sex unless you put on a condom?"

Honestly, I almost want to congratulate these losers for bailing once these moms got pregnant. At -least- they were willing to accept that they weren't ready to have children instead of trying to "man up." Moms who have abortions and or adopt out their kids see significantly less societal backlash. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
 mrcs84
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:31:53 AM

When I see posts like yours...I know I have already won the argument or debate of the topic in this thread.

I guess that's one way to sidestep an argument when you have nothing of substance to say.

Perhaps what you guys need is a crest..(kinda like a scarlet letter?) so us poor maidens know what kind of men will take advantage of us in our weakest moments?

Or perhaps you should take more than a few months of being together to decide that this dude is parent material. "Oops, I'm pregnant, well I'm just going to keep it" isn't really a good way to start a family.

I will keep thanking you for your tax contribution for making up the difference in my child's lifestyle that the "man" in my life ran away from.

Good thing you live in Canada, and I live in the US. lolz
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why men run at the first sign of pregnancy?